New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Interesting that we have as yet got all this unused capacity but have still significantly increased our hospitality options already. 

Thomaso may know better, but my feeling based on what I heard last is that the 2nd floor will be turned into a conferencing suite rather than hospitality space for matchday. Would be nice to see the 3rd floor / Sky Lounge get cracking though - it still feels like our premium space.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Thomaso may know better, but my feeling based on what I heard last is that the 2nd floor will be turned into a conferencing suite rather than hospitality space for matchday. Would be nice to see the 3rd floor / Sky Lounge get cracking though - it still feels like our premium space.

Ann did allude to something like that when we interviewed her. 

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Interesting that we have as yet got all this unused capacity but have still significantly increased our hospitality options already. 

During construction I regularly walked through the open floor spaces on 3 levels - excluding the 'Skyline' area they are huge - basically the length of the pitch and pretty wide to boot.

The fit-out to the 1st floor, in conjunction with the Gorgie Suite, already give us significant hospitality areas.

16 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I am aware that discussions are taking place on how best to use the significant 2nd floor area, and 'Skyline' area, to get the best commercial revenue for the Club. A conference suite has been mentioned, as well as franchising out a large area for a gym open for public membership.

Fantastic that we have these areas for future development.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I am aware that discussions are taking place on how best to use the significant 2nd floor area, and 'Skyline' area, to get the best commercial revenue for the Club. A conference suite has been mentioned, as well as franchising out a large area for a gym open for public membership.

The only issue for ‘other’ usage is the lack of dedicated parking. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts are playing their part in the Council's "keep yer cars out of town" agenda...............

davemclaren
Just now, Thomaso said:

Hearts are playing their part in the Council's "keep yer cars out of town" agenda...............

Very noble but not great for a conference, gym or similar. 

What are we going to be calling the Skyline Lounge after discovering that the architect made a James Blunt of it? The Schoolview Lounge?

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We are in talks with NB about parking options, as per the Chairwomen's update last week. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Indeed

Just now, Ray Gin said:

What are we going to be calling the Skyline Lounge after discovering that the architect made a James Blunt of it? The Schoolview Lounge?

Issue high heels to everyone using it. 

BobbyJenkins
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Can still see the skyline just not the intended one... ;)

Edited by BobbyJenkins

Just now, SUTOL said:

Issue high heels to everyone using it. 

I'm afraid that won't cut it.....step ladders required!!

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

People can always drive to our* Oriam to use the gym. 

* I know it's not really! 

18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Does that mean the restaurant won't be going ahead

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

We are in talks with NB about parking options, as per the Chairwomen's update last week. 

Fine for match days but a bit of a trek for going to the gym on a winter’s evening. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Fine for match days but a bit of a trek for going to the gym on a winter’s evening. 

I presumed it was for day-to-day use, or functions etc during the week. 

As I'm sure we already have use for match days. 

At the old high school. 

16 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Working Mans Club

18 minutes ago, jambocub said:

All under review I believe.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

All under review I believe.

Ann's statement used the term restaurant space in inverted commas:

So, work continues and we now turn our attention to developing the second floor and the top floor “restaurant space”. Plans are well advanced and as soon as we press the button with what will be Phase 3 of our development, we will let you know about these plans and how we intend to utilise the space to maximise Club revenue on non-match days. 

20 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Ann's statement used the term restaurant space in inverted commas:

So, work continues and we now turn our attention to developing the second floor and the top floor “restaurant space”. Plans are well advanced and as soon as we press the button with what will be Phase 3 of our development, we will let you know about these plans and how we intend to utilise the space to maximise Club revenue on non-match days. 

I don't think we can necessarily read too much into that. She regularly misuses inverted commas in her statements, so I think that it's just her writing style rather than any implied meaning.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Everyone just parks at Sainsbury's and Aldi anyway :whistling: 

maroonlegions
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Sat in the back row deliberately for the ICT game and the view was fine. Nothing like as bad as the back row at places lke Old Trafford. 

Good i have a ST for section Q in the new main and its quite high up.

Tokyo Drifter
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Sat in the back row deliberately for the ICT game and the view was fine. Nothing like as bad as the back row at places lke Old Trafford. 

Sat on the back row all last season. View was great, shame about the football. But did you like the inch-wide gap between the floor and the back wall? You can poke chips through it onto the heads of the folk in the concourse. Made me worry a little about the nuts and bolts  of the thing.

10 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Sat on the back row all last season. View was great, shame about the football. But did you like the inch-wide gap between the floor and the back wall? You can poke chips through it onto the heads of the folk in the concourse. Made me worry a little about the nuts and bolts  of the thing.

Jeez the football must have been shit to have to resort to poking chips through a gap for your entertainment..........................

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Didn’t notice that. ?

18 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Which concourse? 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, jambocub said:

Can totally understand this from Budge and co. Putting a big fancy restaurant not many people can afford could make big bucks, but it wouldn't be in keeping with the way Hearts are as a club right now and nor should they be. A gym and other things sounds much better, you already have the bar too making money. Sensible :thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Can totally understand this from Budge and co. Putting a big fancy restaurant not many people can afford could make big bucks, but it wouldn't be in keeping with the way Hearts are as a club right now and nor should they be. A gym and other things sounds much better, you already have the bar too making money. Sensible :thumbsup:

Yeah on reflection a restaurant which will typically only be fully utilised once every two weeks seems a bit silly when it can be used for other spaces, a gym is 7 days a week profit maker. 

48 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Yeah on reflection a restaurant which will typically only be fully utilised once every two weeks seems a bit silly when it can be used for other spaces, a gym is 7 days a week profit maker. 

If a gym is to be there it won’t be in the space allocated as a restaurant but the level below 

Mr Brightside
1 minute ago, ericb said:

If a gym is to be there it won’t be in the space allocated as a restaurant but the level below 

Is there enough demand for a gym, with pure gym, virgin active and lift all close by?

sidjamesbottle
50 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

A pie and a pint club on match days might be a better idea with the new bar only holding 150, and the plans for the old shop below the Wheatfield now for office space, only guessing but surely the demand is there ? 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

conference- plenty cash get taxis. If you cannae afford taxis- gtf out and down to ER.

Gym- run, save you a warm up and warm down.

:pleased:

19 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

A pie and a pint club on match days might be a better idea with the new bar only holding 150, and the plans for the old shop below the Wheatfield now for office space, only guessing but surely the demand is there ? 

I'd like some sort of members 'lounge'.

Pay a top-up on season tickets for membership and a cash bar. And some pies or burgers etc available like at the kiosks. 

Nothing too fancy, just a less mobbed place to meet mates for a pint or two before/after the match. 

Restricted numbers of members so you can always get in and never too busy, so you get served quickly. 

sidjamesbottle
4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Pay a top-up on season tickets for membership and a cash bar. And some pies or burgers etc available like at the kiosks. 

Nothing too fancy, just a less mobbed place to meet mates for a pint or two before/after the match. 

Restricted numbers of members so you can always get in and never too busy, so you get served quickly. 

Agree i was down at Cardiff for a game last season they had a lounge like that where "ordinary" fans could go in straight after the game and watch the live match with a few pints  nothing too fancy worked really well, obviously only works on match days so a bit flexibility with the space use needed

would be happy to top up my season ticket by say a ton to use something like this

Edited by sidjamesbottle

6 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

This is my preference too. Little chance of getting into fans bar post match if you sit in the wheatfield for example.

11 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I like the sounds of that. 

I'd get a membership. 

portobellojambo1

Reference the above three posts, is one of the existing lounges not termed as the members lounge (although located in the new main stand I've got no idea if members are/membership is restricted to people who actually take up seats in the new stand).

Edited by portobellojambo1

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Reference the above three posts, is one of the existing lounges not termed as the members lounge (although located in the new main stand I've got no idea if members are/membership is restricted to people who actually take up seats in the new stand).

Really what the guys above are suggesting is covered by the Legends Lounge (Willie Bauld replacement), but it’s considerablly more than £100 extra and it’s not even premium seating.

my feeling is some of the hospitality pricing is out at the moment, a pay bar lounge should be somewhere around the £700 mark I think. A greater spread of service/cost would be better.

5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't think there is a '"members lounge". But most of the current lounges seem to just offer a season ticket for that lounge including a seat in P or Q or similar. 

The only one similar would be Pals in the Pub/Legends bar. But again that comes with it's own seat. They all also have a steep (compared to what I'm suggesting) membership fee.

I'm thinking off 150-200 capacity, each member paying £100 or so for the season. Access similar times to other lounges. 

Only the 150-200 memberships sold. If not all sold at beginning of season they can be bought as a day pass or half season etc up to the max. 

10 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I don't think there is a '"members lounge". But most of the current lounges seem to just offer a season ticket for that lounge including a seat in P or Q or similar. 

The only one similar would be Pals in the Pub/Legends bar. But again that comes with it's own seat. They all also have a steep (compared to what I'm suggesting) membership fee.

I'm thinking off 150-200 capacity, each member paying £100 or so for the season. Access similar times to other lounges. 

Only the 150-200 memberships sold. If not all sold at beginning of season they can be bought as a day pass or half season etc up to the max. 

Can't imagine that creating a bar for 150-200 punters every fortnight would be profitable.

sidjamesbottle
11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Can't imagine that creating a bar for 150-200 punters every fortnight would be profitable.

That's what they have done with the Gorgie corner

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

That's what they have done with the Gorgie corner

Yes, but even that mighy not wash its face. 

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

There's nothing to stop it being used for other things the rest of the time. 

A dividable room, long and thin(ish) like the other areas. Could be used for individual smaller meeting rooms or opened up to various sizes as required. Then fully open for matches. 

4 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Is there enough demand for a gym, with pure gym, virgin active and lift all close by?

The market is fairly saturated in that area so it would be difficult to fill.

They obviously wouldn’t be able to offer a swimming pool and everything else that comes with a premium health club, so they would be competing at the lower end against the likes of Pure. You’d be relying on people paying more to support the club which a few would, but maybe not enough. 

I would say the best use of space would be to build multi purpose studios which could be used for CrossFit, Martial Arts, spin cycling, community weight loss programmes, with the space being mostly rented out. You could even get your boy Brad Welsh doing boxing training. ?

They would have to do a lot of market research to get the use of the space right.

Folk also want shower facilities so that would have to be added. 

Not an easy task to make it profitable if that’s what they are thinking. 

Big Slim Stylee
6 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

Could be a decent sized Tesco.

Have to nail down the Lucozade when Hibs visit.