New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think ‘ordinary’ fans were ever going to exit at the top. Was always for corporate to get to their drinks. ?

The hospitality seats in section S are in rows 11-20 .

That means they have to climb 17 rows using that exit. At the moment the exit is right next to them.

Or am I missing something regarding the posh seats ?

7 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Looks like they have removed a few seats as well.

Oooh - perhaps relocating them to fill in the corners??!!

22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The hospitality seats in section S are in rows 11-20 .

That means they have to climb 17 rows using that exit. At the moment the exit is right next to them.

Or am I missing something regarding the posh seats ?

Top door is the skyline restaurant and the normal exits are in same level as hospitality.

(I think?)

SwindonJambo
On 03/07/2018 at 15:04, wentworth jambo said:

SW - remember the game also - one of the first time I'd seen players wearing trainers rather than boots because of the pitch being frozen solid - no chance it would get played today. Incidentally, was it not the late Colin McAdam that scored the winner that day from all of a yard out ?

He got the equaliser after Deidco went 1-0 up before half time. Never in a game v them have I ever felt being so untroubled by falling behind. The playing surface was indeed rock hard and apparently both teams would have been happy with a postponement. 

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/198601251.html

wentworth jambo
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

He got the equaliser after Deidco went 1-0 up before half time. Never in a game v them have I ever felt being so untroubled by falling behind. The playing surface was indeed rock hard and apparently both teams would have been happy with a postponement. 

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/198601251.html

My mistake SJ - could've swore McAdam scored the winner...agree entirely though, remember that time very fondly - turning up to every match, no matter who, knowing we weren't getting beat. Love to get back to that.

On 04/07/2018 at 22:25, Smithee said:

Cool, and there's a small amount of people like you - no point advertising to someone who does it already though. 

Of these games, how many were prompted by advertising campaigns aimed at tourists and how many by you being the type that will go to a game if you're in town?

None, but I travel a fair bit for work, including flying into quite a few airports, so it’s safe to say there were probably a few games in other cities that I would have attended but didn’t know about. 

If if they had been promoted & I had seen it I would have gone to them too. 

Unknown user
33 minutes ago, BigC said:

None, but I travel a fair bit for work, including flying into quite a few airports, so it’s safe to say there were probably a few games in other cities that I would have attended but didn’t know about. 

If if they had been promoted & I had seen it I would have gone to them too. 

I still don't see the point, there aren't enough people like you to make it worthwhile.

I mean we're now talking about advertising individual games - you will have known the city you're going to had a team but saying you'd have gone to games if they'd been promoted.

So that means the club has to do 20 x promotions per season, not just one set of flyers, and that's to get individuals along for a single game before they disappear again. It's not worth the cost, effort and manpower IMO as there just aren't sufficient interested tourists to make it worthwhile  - we have tens of thousands of tourists in town over summer but look how successful the festival cup was.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, farin said:

Pitch looking fantastic.

4F088674-11DE-43B8-9C0A-5F431962B67F.jpeg

Good photo which shows why we need hps lights for the parts in shadow

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 23:42, Homme said:

Top door is the skyline restaurant and the normal exits are in same level as hospitality.

(I think?)

The top door leads to a staircase that in turn leads to the Skyline level.

On 7/7/2018 at 13:25, farin said:

Pitch looking fantastic.

Is that a mini crop circle?

I worked in an office environment for years.  I finally gave it up in frustration at endless meetings which achieved nothing.  Much needed improvements delayed interminably be procrastination.

Don't think Ann Budge spends a lot of time in meetings.  This thread and the pitch thread ample proof of that.

What a woman.  What a star.  We are very, very fortunate.

Just been a section on BBC Breakfast about the Fanzone at Bristol City's ground for the World Cup.

A big screen on the outside of the ground and a big plaza/area selling pints.  4000 tickets sold for the world cup semi.

Mental, hopefully we can cash in when Scotland get to a world cup semi... :look: 

But seriously, the plaza is a great area and hopefully we can cash in on it with outside events. 

Captain Sausage

Anyone know how to get in touch with Ann’s PA? Wanted to say a big thank you from my family for all she’s done for Hearts - the stadium upgrades a prime example. 

On 7/7/2018 at 13:25, farin said:

Pitch looking fantastic.

Still looking affy patchy to me. Rain is set to return next week which will hopefully help.

letsalldothebeattie
On 07/07/2018 at 13:25, farin said:

Pitch looking fantastic.

Cracking pic. Pitch really looking good now. Can’t wait for the first game in a couple weeks

Jambo, Goodbye

Will the patchy bits need re-seeded or will they just need a wee bit more time? 

maroonlegions
18 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Is that a mini crop circle?

Fake, man made.:smuggy:

Pitch looking fab.

Greenminger will be on a serious seethe , i await  him firing letters to the cooncil regarding that mini grass circle and the inbreds swallowing it all. 

...a bit disco

So, what happened to the trees?

@GCP_Edinburgh busy making furniture for new nursery in new @JamTarts Tynecastle stand. The timber is from the original trees felled from the Tynecastle site. What were the chances of red bark.... #wellybootstand and #bedtimestorytree under construction! ?????

DhvXdvqWAAA3rfK.jpg

DhvXeu2XkAAUUEg.jpg

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

@GCP_Edinburgh busy making furniture for new nursery in new @JamTarts Tynecastle stand. The timber is from the original trees felled from the Tynecastle site. What were the chances of red bark.... #wellybootstand and #bedtimestorytree under construction! ?????

I just came on here to post that tweet too!

Great stuff - re-using the timber, and a social enterprise doing the carpentry, fantastic!

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I just came on here to post that tweet too!

Great stuff - re-using the timber, and a social enterprise doing the carpentry, fantastic!

:thumbsup:

39 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

DhvXdvqWAAA3rfK.jpg

DhvXeu2XkAAUUEg.jpg

Another first!!

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Just been a section on BBC Breakfast about the Fanzone at Bristol City's ground for the World Cup.

A big screen on the outside of the ground and a big plaza/area selling pints.  4000 tickets sold for the world cup semi.

Mental, hopefully we can cash in when Scotland get to a world cup semi... :look: 

But seriously, the plaza is a great area and hopefully we can cash in on it with outside events. 

Should cash in if England get there. 

3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Are the new changing rooms ready yet?

Wheatfield changing rooms to be used for the coming season.

4 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Are the new changing rooms ready yet?

Think we are using the wheatfield ones still

Was told that we’d be using the Wheatfield changing rooms until the end of the year. The main stand ones should be ready around Christmas time. 

On 7/5/2018 at 21:34, poultry said:

That looks fantastic. What do you think now Rogers, ya twat.

There’s no lines there boy, where’s the lines?

Unknown user
On 10/07/2018 at 12:49, ...a bit disco said:

DhvXdvqWAAA3rfK.jpg

DhvXeu2XkAAUUEg.jpg

That's made my day that, it stung a wee bit to see The Tree go.

30 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Will we be keep the wheatfield side tunnel or are the seats getting put back in?

Can't see why they would get rid of it, it'll probably remain imo.

10 minutes ago, communist said:

Can't see why they would get rid of it, it'll probably remain imo.

They could put the SCS La-z-boy chair in there perhaps?

5 hours ago, Gershwin said:

They could put the SCS La-z-boy chair in there perhaps?

That's going in the dug out for Akanawaa to sit on.

Why are there no exec or private boxes? That’s where you make a mint. I couldn’t afford one but a lot of people or companies in Edinburgh could. Was this an error? Just wondering 

Montgomery Brewster
10 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Why are there no exec or private boxes? That’s where you make a mint. I couldn’t afford one but a lot of people or companies in Edinburgh could. Was this an error? Just wondering 

There are 3 private dining areas which are the same as a box albeit with no window onto the pitch. 

I thought all hearts fans knew this ?

Edited by Montgomery Brewster

17 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

We're saving them for when we fill in the corners. 

22 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Yes it was an error.   How could they forget executive boxes ?

48 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

There are 3 private dining areas which are the same as a box albeit with no window onto the pitch. 

I thought all hearts fans knew this ?

I askedabout boxes which usually have 1st class views of the pitch. Whats private dining gone to do with my question? 

2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I askedabout boxes which usually have 1st class views of the pitch. Whats private dining gone to do with my question? 

Tynecastle a stadium more for real fans, rather than pampering to the elite with glass boxes etc that divide up fans and make for a poorer atmosphere

Mr Brightside

Random question and apologies if covered previously. Does the creation of a plant room under the School end stand mean that one won’t be installed on the roof of the main stand, therefore the view will not be impeded?

13 minutes ago, kila said:

Tynecastle a stadium more for real fans, rather than pampering to the elite with glass boxes etc that divide up fans and make for a poorer atmosphere

Just feel it was an opportunity missed as I want  hearts to be in the best financial state they could be. You’re right -  ordinary joe’s make the atmosphere, but big bucks keep us going. More than happy with the new stand though

22 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Random question and apologies if covered previously. Does the creation of a plant room under the School end stand mean that one won’t be installed on the roof of the main stand, therefore the view will not be impeded?

When was there going to be a plant room on the roof of the main stand?

I'm sure the original plans were to include some private boxes.  Indeed, if you go onto the hospitality section on the the Hearts site, there is a private boxes link, but it doesn't work.

Was this something we planned to do, but changed our mind, or is it something that might still be planned, but shelved for now?