New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

7 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Just feel it was an opportunity missed as I want  hearts to be in the best financial state they could be. You’re right -  ordinary joe’s make the atmosphere, but big bucks keep us going. More than happy with the new stand though

There were plans for boxes, but not with views of the pitch, but views over the plaza.

Not sure if they have been changed to something else or just still to be done in the future. 

41 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I askedabout boxes which usually have 1st class views of the pitch. Whats private dining gone to do with my question? 

IIRC, there was a mention of boxes around the time the club were drawing up the plans for the stand, and it was confirmed that there wouldn't be any hospitality boxes with views over the pitch as the club wanted everyone attending matches to be sitting in the stands.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I'm sure the original plans were to include some private boxes.  Indeed, if you go onto the hospitality section on the the Hearts site, there is a private boxes link, but it doesn't work.

Was this something we planned to do, but changed our mind, or is it something that might still be planned, but shelved for now?

There were never plans for private boxes overlooking the pitch. There are plans for a few (five IIRC) private rooms where groups can have pre- and post-match drinks, food, etc, away from everyone else, but they'll still have to go out into the stand to watch the actual match. I don't know when these are expected to be available, if they already are, or if that plan has been shelved/canned.

I must admit that before plans for the new stand were unveiled, I had expected that they would incorporate private boxes where the games could actually be viewed from, and was surprised when the design didn't include them. I'm going on the assumption that research was done into what level of demand there would actually be in Edinburgh for different types of hospitality facilities, and what would provide the best balance of cost and revenue generation, before plans for the new stand were finalised, but given how plans for the 2nd floor were put on hold to reassess how to use those areas, and the reported issues with hospitality clients trying to get between the lounges and their seats at the same time as regular fans are trying to use the same routes to get to toilets, kiosks, etc, I am inclined to wonder just how much planning went into that whole aspect of the new stand!

Mr Brightside
11 hours ago, SUTOL said:

When was there going to be a plant room on the roof of the main stand?

I read it on here when the skyline view was being discussed. The club teewted a picture showing the castle from the area of the skyline, however a few posters stated that this would be obscured by the proposed plant room.

11 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Random question and apologies if covered previously. Does the creation of a plant room under the School end stand mean that one won’t be installed on the roof of the main stand, therefore the view will not be impeded?

The view from where exactly?

13 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I read it on here when the skyline view was being discussed. The club teewted a picture showing the castle from the area of the skyline, however a few posters stated that this would be obscured by the proposed plant room.

There would be no space for a plant room in front of the Skyline glazed screen

johnking123

Don't think the plant room was ever on top of the roof. It's the school that blocks most of the castle view.

heartsfc_fan

Has there much any work on the internals of the stand over the summer? Stuff like concourses and redesign of toilets?

Wasn't the main reason behind no boxes with views of the pitch because in Scotland it is illegal to have a live view of sport where alcohol is also sold?

Rudi Hates Hibees
30 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Wasn't the main reason behind no boxes with views of the pitch because in Scotland it is illegal to have a live view of sport where alcohol is also sold?

That’s how I remember it as well. 

Mr Brightside
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

There would be no space for a plant room in front of the Skyline glazed screen

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

The view from where exactly?

2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Don't think the plant room was ever on top of the roof. It's the school that blocks most of the castle view.

What I remember was people saying the view from the skyline lounge wouldn't be as per architects visualisations because of the school roof.  At a later date Hearts released a photo where you could see the castle etc from the skyline, albeit quite far in the distance compared to the visualisations, and then there was mention of that view becoming obscured because of a ' plant room' being installed on the roof.  This was all discussed on this thread.

When I seen the recent photos of the plant room at the School end I though this was maybe a solution to the obscured view.

4 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

What I remember was people saying the view from the skyline lounge wouldn't be as per architects visualisations because of the school roof.  At a later date Hearts released a photo where you could see the castle etc from the skyline, albeit quite far in the distance compared to the visualisations, and then there was mention of that view becoming obscured because of a ' plant room' being installed on the roof.  This was all discussed on this thread.

When I seen the recent photos of the plant room at the School end I though this was maybe a solution to the obscured view.

Not sure where you seen this as there was never any plans to put a plant room on the top of the new stand.did a search of this thread, nope no plant room on the top anywhere

Edited by XB52
More info

2 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Hearts PR dept did stupidly release a computer image of what they thought the view would be before the stand was built.

I cannot remember any chat about the plant room going on the roof, although there is some plant up there at the sides of the Skyline lounge.  There is only a narrow walkway gap between the Skyline front glazed screen and the roof parapet, so there was never enough room there to put any plant.

Mr Brightside
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hearts PR dept did stupidly release a computer image of what they thought the view would be before the stand was built.

I cannot remember any chat about the plant room going on the roof, although there is some plant up there at the sides of the Skyline lounge.  There is only a narrow walkway gap between the Skyline front glazed screen and the roof parapet, so there was never enough room there to put any plant.

Maybe it was the plant at the sides that blocked the view of the photo that Hearts took?

Anyway,it looks lovely like the work at the school end has no impact on the plant at the skyline, which was what I was wondering. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Maybe it was the plant at the sides that blocked the view of the photo that Hearts took?

Anyway,it looks lovely like the work at the school end has no impact on the plant at the skyline, which was what I was wondering. 

The sides of the Skyline lounge are not glazed - they are solid panels so there are no views in these directions from the lounge.

Edited by Thomaso

Hackney Hearts
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

There is only a narrow walkway gap between the Skyline front glazed screen and the roof parapet, so there was never enough room there to put any plant.

Not even a small yucca?

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

Not even a small yucca?

Too spikey!!!! :confused:

40 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I recall someone asking if the castle could be seen from the very top of the stairs as that is above Skyline floor level. I believe they were told that the view would be obscured by plant. Probably just service ducting and cabling rather than anything more substantial. 

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

There were never plans for private boxes overlooking the pitch. There are plans for a few (five IIRC) private rooms where groups can have pre- and post-match drinks, food, etc, away from everyone else, but they'll still have to go out into the stand to watch the actual match. I don't know when these are expected to be available, if they already are, or if that plan has been shelved/canned.

I must admit that before plans for the new stand were unveiled, I had expected that they would incorporate private boxes where the games could actually be viewed from, and was surprised when the design didn't include them. I'm going on the assumption that research was done into what level of demand there would actually be in Edinburgh for different types of hospitality facilities, and what would provide the best balance of cost and revenue generation, before plans for the new stand were finalised, but given how plans for the 2nd floor were put on hold to reassess how to use those areas, and the reported issues with hospitality clients trying to get between the lounges and their seats at the same time as regular fans are trying to use the same routes to get to toilets, kiosks, etc, I am inclined to wonder just how much planning went into that whole aspect of the new stand!

Or it may have just been as simple a reason as cost or taking the capacity under 20k?

Mr Brightside
19 minutes ago, sunus said:

I recall someone asking if the castle could be seen from the very top of the stairs as that is above Skyline floor level. I believe they were told that the view would be obscured by plant. Probably just service ducting and cabling rather than anything more substantial. 

Cheers, thought I was going mad and had imagined it.

Mr Brightside
On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 20:17, obua said:
On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:39, kila said:

Is that from the sky lounge or the bit higher up behind it that houses the stairwells?

Its higher than sky lounge,that view will be blocked by plant rooms when it's finished.

Found the post I was looking for.  Maybe I got my wires crossed on what Obua was referring too.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Have Celtic not got a hospitality area in their main stand that does exactly that?

An absurd law if so. Should have built the boxes anyway and boarded the glass until common sense prevails re the law.

The Natural Order

This is 100% correct.

The Natural Order
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Have Celtic not got a hospitality area in their main stand that does exactly that?

Yes they have on both sides of the ground but they have to block off the view by closing the blinds an hour before until an hour after the game.

Would it possible to create a viewing platform on the roof of the sky lounge? That might solve the castle view problem.

I'm sure I read on here it was being considered...

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Would it possible to create a viewing platform on the roof of the sky lounge? That might solve the castle view problem.

I'm sure I read on here it was being considered...

I think it was a future option but not sure where that got. 

2 hours ago, sunus said:

If you are referring to the doors at the top of the central stairways in the new stand, they lead to two flights of stairs down to the lounge floor level.

There is no ducting or services on the Skyline roof.  The Club had asked for structural input from the new architects to see if it was feasible to have a viewing area from the Skyline roof level - that one seems to be on the back burner.

Edited by Thomaso

4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Not “sport”, just football. Fine at the rugby, golf etc.

Hope they get more tables/leaning area in the concourse for next season.  Place to stand and much a pie is limited - too limited considering the space in there.

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

If you are referring to the doors at the top of the central stairways in the new stand, they lead to two flights of stairs down to the lounge floor level.

There is no ducting or services on the Skyline roof.  The Club had asked for structural input from the new architects to see if it was feasible to have a viewing area from the Skyline roof level - that one seems to be on the back burner.

Thanks for the clarification. Good to know there is no major engineering impediment to the skyline view that seemed to disappoint many last year. 

14 hours ago, sunus said:

Thanks for the clarification. Good to know there is no major engineering impediment to the skyline view that seemed to disappoint many last year. 

The basic problem was the height of the school was under estimated prior to construction when Hearts PR dept starting broadcasting "castle views".

20 hours ago, The Natural Order said:

Yes they have on both sides of the ground but they have to block off the view by closing the blinds an hour before until an hour after the game.

Shame the blinds are transparent :pleased:

PeterintheRain

The basic problem was the height of the school was under estimated prior to construction when Hearts PR dept starting broadcasting "castle views".

Given that the school was on the other side of the street and the plans were available on the Council website why was there any need to, "estimate," the height of those buildings?

Has there been any work done on the toilets?  The layout was awful and there was a lot of finishing work needed and a few people suggested they'd be sorted in the summer.

On 7/18/2018 at 15:15, Chaps said:

Green

:seething: 

Hmmm... You must feel reeaallyy bad when you look out at our lovely new pitch.     :interehjrling:

18 minutes ago, Flogel14 said:

Has anyone got any photos of the progress of work in the corner where the police control room was / is?

Check out the Hybrid pitch thread, there's a photo on that.

On 16/07/2018 at 12:18, hughesie27 said:

It's nothing to do with the view, you cannot sell alcohol anywhere in the ground during the game (during the game in scotland is classed as from kick off until the game is completed so also includes extra time and penalties, in England they allow sales of alcohol during the half time interval)

25 minutes ago, Ribble said:

It's nothing to do with the view, you cannot sell alcohol anywhere in the ground during the game (during the game in scotland is classed as from kick off until the game is completed so also includes extra time and penalties, in England they allow sales of alcohol during the half time interval)

What about the drinks served in Hospitality at half time?

Hagar the Horrible
36 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

What about the drinks served in Hospitality at half time?

Not sold and pre ordered and it is hospitality which has its own rules, as behind closed doors etc