New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Lucille's Thirsty
3 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Finally a couple showing just how well the new park is bedding in...

994F8519-0844-46B4-9B00-53A5BDB98EF9.jpeg

1DFEACAC-9386-4A33-A1D2-7A46E3E458F2.jpeg

Mr Sifter wonderful photos!

I’ve always said it but I’ve never liked the Hearts crest on the seats. I think Tynie would look even more marvellous with just plain maroon seats. Classy and Elegant. However some jambos might like them.

11 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Mr Sifter wonderful photos!

I’ve always said it but I’ve never liked the Hearts crest on the seats. I think Tynie would look even more marvellous with just plain maroon seats. Classy and Elegant. However some jambos might like them.

I like the badges - all a matter of personal opinion.

Cut The Crap

Thanks for the pics, Mr S. Access all areas, eh? 

The pitch looks magnificent already (and still another three weeks before we play our first match on it).

Pans Jambo
13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Indeed.

I dont like them either but I'm not that fussed TBH.

Spitonastranger
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Mr Sifter. Great pictures. Thank you.

Take a deep breath. Five years ago, yes only five years ago, thousands of us were scared shit less if we are honest, that Heart Of Midlothian were going to die. Be no more. We were a baw hair away from permanent non existence.

Now look where we are. A stadium that will be the envy of many and not just here in Scotland. A group of people who running the club who are visionaries. They have not put a plan in place for the next five years but the next fifty and beyond. Last and by no means least the supporters of this famous football club. There might be a club in Glasgow who along with the Scottish media both written and spoken proclaim themselves the greatest in the world. They are WRONG. The best are here st Tynecastle Park without shadow of a doubt. Not even up for debate. All together now.

Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle Park....  

:sweeet::robbo:

TorinoJambo

With the new (and much larger) shop to go with the already fantastic stadium front we simply HAVE to push the "tourist" thing. Strategically placed advertising may result in many visitors resulting in, hopefully, bigger walk up numbers at games and shop sales too.

wentworth jambo
On 6/30/2018 at 06:51, SwindonJambo said:

Me too. That shot is the view I got, the 1st time I ever stood in the Shed, the 3-2 removal of Deidco from the Scottish Cup in 85/86 with Robbo slamming home the winner with 5 to go after Nicky Walker dropped the ball. Insane celebrations followed. The modern day Health & Safety brigade would have a fit but Great times! I'd recently arrived in the city as a student and my allegiance was superglued for life.

SW - remember the game also - one of the first time I'd seen players wearing trainers rather than boots because of the pitch being frozen solid - no chance it would get played today. Incidentally, was it not the late Colin McAdam that scored the winner that day from all of a yard out ?

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

With the new (and much larger) shop to go with the already fantastic stadium front we simply HAVE to push the "tourist" thing. Strategically placed advertising may result in many visitors resulting in, hopefully, bigger walk up numbers at games and shop sales too.

Ye I agree. A few adds here and there around the city

Lucille's Thirsty
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

I just think they’re too sort of basic if you get my drift. I realise it would be difficult to add more detail to them as their just seats. I just think there is no need for them.

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

His blow up dinghy mair like....

Both currently bobbing up and down on his blow up sister.

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Starts today funnily enough. Not a big job, and will be completed in plenty time for the new season ??

Have you changed profession from Taxi driver to a proper job a workie on site or do you gain access by offering free lifts just asking likes lol.

great pics buddy.

Fxxx the SPFL
22 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ye I agree. A few adds here and there around the city

Yep big billboards saying 'come and watch the big team' with a big CL picture.

:leveinnaturalorder:

and undeneath another showing popcorn teeth and saying 'would you frighten your kids by going here'

:lenny:

MacDonald Jardine
47 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

SW - remember the game also - one of the first time I'd seen players wearing trainers rather than boots because of the pitch being frozen solid - no chance it would get played today. Incidentally, was it not the late Colin McAdam that scored the winner that day from all of a yard out ?

It was McAdam.

I didn't know he'd died.

Craigieboy
5 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

The new plant room under The Roseburn. The entire stadium will be powered from here soon enough...

2C32705C-4D58-424B-B25C-90D271F3549C.jpeg

D00B6A30-14AA-4562-A300-AF1CDCD5C329.jpeg

Would ge genuinely pleased if it exploded at some future point with hibs fans above it. 

4 hours ago, ericb said:

Why do we never fit a roof anywhere?

I presume you mean false ceiling? 

There is in other areas in the new stand, and many object to it. 

Can't win with some people. 

But to answer the question, it's just a fashion in interior design and has been since the mid 1980's at least.

The 'industrial' look some call it. 

3 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Have you changed profession from Taxi driver to a proper job a workie on site or do you gain access by offering free lifts just asking likes lol.

great pics buddy.

Saying nowt, but if yer ever after a free lift anywhere big boy you know who to call ?

6 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

What's the green thing at the bottom right hand corner? Is it the back of an ATM?

Thanks for the photos, Mr Sifter!

Can’t see that anyone has answered so will have it a go

fairly sure it’s a “shipper” / display stand for the bawbag boxer shorts range we sell

havent been in to the new store yet but I’m sure there was a photo from launch day showing it 

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Can’t see that anyone has answered so will have it a go

fairly sure it’s a “shipper” / display stand for the bawbag boxer shorts range we sell

havent been in to the new store yet but I’m sure there was a photo from launch day showing it 

Thanks - sounds like a very plausible answer!        (shame it's green :pleased:)

12 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

The new plant room under The Roseburn. The entire stadium will be powered from here soon enough...

2C32705C-4D58-424B-B25C-90D271F3549C.jpeg

D00B6A30-14AA-4562-A300-AF1CDCD5C329.jpeg

I pity the poor bugger who was sitting in your cab while you nipped out to take these photos Sifter.  Hope you switched the meter off :D

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I pity the poor bugger who was sitting in your cab while you nipped out to take these photos Sifter.  Hope you switched the meter off :D

Nae punters in at the time Rob. As soon as I knew I was gettin into Tynie the begging light was off at the motor was abandoned on McLeod Street. It’s aw about priorities ?

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Correct, and we've had to show a bit more patience on field than any football fan would like, but when the work's complete we're going to reap the rewards!

Spot on!

Our revenue has increased significantly since AB took over and is projected to grow again this year as we continue to benefit from the new facilities.  We haven't benefited from  the full extent of this increased revenue in terms of the playing budget, as much of it will have been diverted to paying for the stadium developments, including the new pitch, and the cost overrun on the new stand won't have helped.

By the start of next season, we'll have finished paying for the developments, and I would expect us to be in a position to increase the playing budget quite significantly - £1m to £1.5m possibly.  Project forward to the following season, and FOH will have completed the purchase of AB's shares, so another £1m - £1.5m flowing into the club (I'm assuming some drop off in contributions, but don't expect it to drop anywhere near as low as £1m).

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Spot on!

Our revenue has increased significantly since AB took over and is projected to grow again this year as we continue to benefit from the new facilities.  We haven't benefited from  the full extent of this increased revenue in terms of the playing budget, as much of it will have been diverted to paying for the stadium developments, including the new pitch, and the cost overrun on the new stand won't have helped.

By the start of next season, we'll have finished paying for the developments, and I would expect us to be in a position to increase the playing budget quite significantly - £1m to £1.5m possibly.  Project forward to the following season, and FOH will have completed the purchase of AB's shares, so another £1m - £1.5m flowing into the club (I'm assuming some drop off in contributions, but don't expect it to drop anywhere near as low as £1m).

£25m from Arsenal for Harry Cochrane will also help.

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

£25m from Arsenal for Harry Cochrane will also help.

He's far too good for Arsenal!

34 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Spot on!

I doubt the stadium reconstruction will be finnished by the end of next season. I don't think Hearts are in any rush to Finnish off the ground floor, second floor or sky lounge.  It sounds like we will do it bit by bit as we can afford it. (£1 million pound pitch to pay for this season).

Phil D. Corners
7 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Nae punters in at the time Rob. As soon as I knew I was gettin into Tynie the begging light was off at the motor was abandoned on McLeod Street. It’s aw about priorities ?

Great pictures. Much appreciated. 

Wonderful photos by Mr S, excellent sentiments from Mr Finlay and I can't wait to get back to Tynecastle park❤️

johnking123

When everything is complete and ready to go. Should be over 16 million a season coming in. Hopefully a Europa league group stage would push that into the 20 million bracket. Should mean better players.

Unknown user
17 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

It's kind of pointless IMO, there just isn't that big a market for Scottish football outside Scottish football fans. Any campaign would result in a handful of people coming along once, maybe twice if we're lucky but nothing like on a scale to make the effort worthwhile, both hearts and hibs have tried in the past. 

If we want to make a difference, non attending hearts fans are the group we need to appeal to I reckon. 

John Findlay
50 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's kind of pointless IMO, there just isn't that big a market for Scottish football outside Scottish football fans. Any campaign would result in a handful of people coming along once, maybe twice if we're lucky but nothing like on a scale to make the effort worthwhile, both hearts and hibs have tried in the past. 

If we want to make a difference, non attending hearts fans are the group we need to appeal to I reckon. 

Smithèe I disagree to a certain degree. I think Scandinavian,  Danish, German and Dutch tourists have a good regard for Scottish football.

There are too many ‘thank you’ posts to individually reply to, but honestly, sticking a few pictures up here is no big deal. It’s a labour of love. I know there are loads of punters that don’t live anywhere near Tynie, so it’s magic to be able to show them what’s goin on ??

Slightly disagree with Smithee on the tourist thing tho. There’s a massive market there to be exploited, and I’m not sure that we’ve ever actually seriously considered doing so. As you say tho, bringing latent Jambos back into the fold is a massive priority too. 

By the light

They should really push the historical tour over the summer to tourists and take them all back to the new bar for a few pints and then take them half pissed through the shop to buy a load of stuff they don’t really want. 

davemclaren
9 hours ago, tazhearts said:

I doubt the stadium reconstruction will be finnished by the end of next season. I don't think Hearts are in any rush to Finnish off the ground floor, second floor or sky lounge.  It sounds like we will do it bit by bit as we can afford it. (£1 million pound pitch to pay for this season).

I think you might well be right. 

8 minutes ago, By the light said:

They should really push the historical tour over the summer to tourists and take them all back to the new bar for a few pints and then take them half pissed through the shop to buy a load of stuff they don’t really want. 

Cracking idea

BelgeJambo
16 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Cracking idea

26 minutes ago, By the light said:

Throw in some salted nuts to build up their quench and get them totally pissed, then the shop and FOH buckets dotted around

30 minutes ago, By the light said:

:laugh:

4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Throw in some salted nuts to build up their quench and get them totally pissed, then the shop and FOH buckets dotted around

£5 for a picture on the cash cow. 

29 minutes ago, By the light said:

I think during the season they should look at creating a package for the tour and a game at a discounted price etc. (Not sure if they already do this). The tour is great but nothing beats a matchday at Tynie to get people hooked. 

13 minutes ago, campbell said:

I think during the season they should look at creating a package for the tour and a game at a discounted price etc. (Not sure if they already do this). The tour is great but nothing beats a matchday at Tynie to get people hooked. 

That's a great idea.

As for an earlier tourist comment, there were actually German tourists on the heritage tour that I did a few months back.

I'm sure I've seen Hibs leaflets in the wee leaflet stands you get in hotels/b&bs around Edinburgh, would be nice to get some of our own in there with an eticketing link, info about the tours etc.

1 minute ago, JamboJen said:

That's a great idea.

As for an earlier tourist comment, there were actually German tourists on the heritage tour that I did a few months back.

I'm sure I've seen Hibs leaflets in the wee leaflet stands you get in hotels/b&bs around Edinburgh, would be nice to get some of our own in there with an eticketing link, info about the tours etc.

Hope you did you duty and destroyed them.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Smithèe I disagree to a certain degree. I think Scandinavian,  Danish, German and Dutch tourists have a good regard for Scottish football.

I'm just back from ten years in Holland, I met literally no one who had more than a vague passing interest in Scottish football (even then, very few!) despite meeting loads of people who love the country and have visited. 

I'm not saying they don't exist but I am saying they don't exist in the kind of numbers that would make it worthwhile.

3 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

There are too many ‘thank you’ posts to individually reply to, but honestly, sticking a few pictures up here is no big deal. It’s a labour of love. I know there are loads of punters that don’t live anywhere near Tynie, so it’s magic to be able to show them what’s goin on ??

Slightly disagree with Smithee on the tourist thing tho. There’s a massive market there to be exploited, and I’m not sure that we’ve ever actually seriously considered doing so. As you say tho, bringing latent Jambos back into the fold is a massive priority too. 

But thank you. It's nice to see how my FoH donations, in part, are being spent from a far off land. 

I love the behind the seen's pictures like the plant room, nursery, bars, etc. 

Heartsofgold
On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:00, John Findlay said:

Mr Sifter. Great pictures. Thank you.

Take a deep breath. Five years ago, yes only five years ago, thousands of us were scared shit less if we are honest, that Heart Of Midlothian were going to die. Be no more. We were a baw hair away from permanent non existence.

Now look where we are. A stadium that will be the envy of many and not just here in Scotland. A group of people who running the club who are visionaries. They have not put a plan in place for the next five years but the next fifty and beyond. Last and by no means least the supporters of this famous football club. There might be a club in Glasgow who along with the Scottish media both written and spoken proclaim themselves the greatest in the world. They are WRONG. The best are here st Tynecastle Park without shadow of a doubt. Not even up for debate. All together now.

Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle Park....  

Brilliant post John, exemplifies exactly how I felt 5 years ago and how I feel right now.  To hell with the doomsayers.  HMFC are here to stay, in Gorgie, at our ancestral home for all time in a stadium we can be proud of.

Heartsofgold
2 hours ago, Hector Riva said:

This needs to be on the side of the Roseburn please.Image result for BLOOD DOESN'T SHOW ON A MAROON JERSEY

No, that should be the Gable end mural in McLeod Street

jambo-rocker
1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

It's good work nonetheless. Good to see the Roseburn undercroft is getting some use. It really does make us look like we're trying to maximise all the space we have around tynecastle.

Agreed on the tourism point. With the fringe around the corner, it's a great opportunity to get as much noise out there as possible