New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

OK, so please be patient with me as I have not been on this thread for months so apologies if I am asking anything that is Peebles etc.

When the season starts:

Will the changing rooms be in the new stand?

Will the temp changing rooms in Wheatfield (alleyway etc) be filled back in

Will the Police box be sorted?

Will we have a TV studio?

Basically, what restricted viewing will remain come August?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

17 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Not exactly a priority but I hate that Foundation Plaza sign. It looks like it was knocked up on word and laminated in the stationery cupboard. 

Indeed, it's hardly Hearts class is it.

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

OK, so please be patient with me as I have not been on this thread for months so apologies if I am asking anything that is Peebles etc.

When the season starts:

Will the changing rooms be in the new stand?    No. They will be complete for the season after next.

Will the temp changing rooms in Wheatfield (alleyway etc) be filled back in   No. They will be used for hire for teams playing on the community pitch at the back of the Wheatfield. They may retain the tunnel for access from under the Wheatfield.

Will the Police box be sorted?  It is being altered right now for completion before the start of this season.

Will we have a TV studio?  Yes. It will go right at the back of the new stand. It should be complete for the start of the new League season.

Basically, what restricted viewing will remain come August?  None - apart from the last row of the new stand which will give poorish views as the last row of the Wheatfield

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Answers as above

Edited by Thomaso

11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Answers as above

Thanks T

Hugely disappointed that it is taking another year for the changes to the changing rooms and we will effectively have 2 big hole in the wall tunnels but there are worse things.

Edited by i8hibsh

Libertarian
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Answers as above

What about the exits at the top of the Main Stand. Will supporters be able to exit the stand from these?

2 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

What about the exits at the top of the Main Stand. Will supporters be able to exit the stand from these?

I think these exits lead to the stairs down to the Skyline lounge which is incomplete at present - so no.

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I think these exits lead to the stairs down to the Skyline lounge which is incomplete at present - so no.

When's the Sky thing opening?

2 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

When's the Sky thing opening?

Nothing finalised yet.

kingantti1874

I thought we were building TV studio in between the main and the roseburn.. did that change and I missed it?

All 4 stands need to be raised two feet to accommodate new pitch height.

Back to Murrayfield for 6 games. :( 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's news never heard 

48 minutes ago, kila said:

Over the road, so probably nothing in it! Hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Funnily enough, while reading through the latest posts, my immediate reaction was to think that sounds like the sort of shite to have come from .net.  Pretty sure if there was evidence of destabilised buildings, residents and local businesses would have been informed and it would be all over the news, even if only the EE news.

The Treasurer
49 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

All 4 stands need to be raised two feet to accommodate new pitch height.

Back to Murrayfield for 6 games. :( 

Chance to fill in the corners at the same time

Fans should be able to exit from the top of the main stand too. This would ease congestion, just a bit of rethink and adjustment to help people move about it better.

I do think it'll take a good few years until we're utilising all of the ground to it's potential. There's no need to rush.

The supporters bar is great.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I thought we were building TV studio in between the main and the roseburn.. did that change and I missed it?

It has, and you did    :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Haken said:

Funnily enough, while reading through the latest posts, my immediate reaction was to think that sounds like the sort of shite to have come from .net.  Pretty sure if there was evidence of destabilised buildings, residents and local businesses would have been informed and it would be all over the news, even if only the EE news.

Indeed

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It has, and you did    :thumbsup:

Are we losing any seats with where it’s planned to be housed now?

Just now, Bez said:

Are we losing any seats with where it’s planned to be housed now?

Around a dozen

4 hours ago, kila said:

Apparently the building works destabilised the flats on McLeod St a little... so the mural is on hold?

Give a ned some spray paint and eckies and I'm sure the mural would be up in no time.

Edited by DETTY29

Disco Dave
22 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Around a dozen

Is that it?  Is the structure going to be hanging above the seating? 12 seats isn’t a lot of real estate to put a studio with room for 2/3 presenters, cameraman etc?

On 5/19/2018 at 14:36, davemclaren said:

I think the nursery is a contractual obligation to have it ready by June(?) so could be expensive if late.  

Extract from AB's statement in March.

Phase 1 Completion

a). Firstly, let me say that we are delighted, that after many delays on the part of our utility suppliers, we have now switched over to our new full power supply.  This means that all of our new kiosks in the main stand and our new first-floor kitchen are, at last, fully operational.

b). I am also delighted to say that assuming the weather improves, we are about to start the painting project for all the new metal work on the main stand.  This is not a small undertaking as you can imagine.

c). During the close season, we are planning to address the toilet situation in the main stand concourse, where, as has been well reported, the layout in some of the gents toilets is far from optimal and causes unnecessary congestion at peak times.  This has caused us to re-allocate some of the ladies toilets for use by gents.  This will be addressed, along with a number of minor decoration issues, before the start of the next season.

Any repairs and essential maintenance work will, of course, also be carried out in other stands.  This will include, amongst other things, putting right any damage caused by the recent snow problems.

d). Other work scheduled to take place over the summer includes the proposed reduction in size to the Control Room and the building of a permanent TV Studio for televised games.  These projects, when completed, should result in us having access to 100% of our capacity for all future games.

Phase 2

a). So, the summer is going to be busy.  However, between now and the end of the season, we are pulling out all the stops to open our first supporters bar and coffee shop in the main stand, along with our new retail shop and ticket office.  I will not give actual dates here as we know from experience that delays can happen.  That said, we will keep you fully briefed over the next few weeks.  Suffice to say, the target dates are tight!

b). Everyone knows, of course, that we also have the new Tynecastle Nursery to deliver before the end of June.  This requires a new plant room to be built under the Roseburn Stand and work is already underway here.

Phase 3

You will see from the above that work is continuing apace …and this does not include any work on the 2nd floor or indeed to the top floor restaurant.  This is all at the planning stage at present and as soon as these plans are finalised, we will put out another briefing note.

I hope the above gives a clear indication of why we need your continued financial “backing”.

OTHER PROJECTS

There are a few other important items to include in this communication. 

a). Many of you will know that last Saturday was our Big Hearts Day. It was a terrific success as ever and show-cased a lot of the tremendous work undertaken by our charity and indeed by our volunteers.  Thank you all for your commitment and support. 

b). Those of you who follow the Club on Twitter will also have seen some of the wonderful work being undertaken by our Community Football department …our not-for-profit department which works within the local community and with local schools …opening up terrific opportunities for local residents to engage with each other and with the Club.  Check out what they have been doing with their Street Soccer Programme.  It is something else!

c). I also want to ensure that you all know about our new Heritage Tour.  Put together by some of our legends and by our historians, this is a great way to learn more about our Club and its place in the City.  We will be offering lots of tours over the coming weeks and into the summer.  It is a great way to spend a few hours on a Sunday morning …but be warned, places fill up quickly, so book early.

IN SUMMARY…

I am going to close now by giving a brief “health of the nation” overview.

We are three quarters of the way through our financial year and have a reasonably sound picture of how the year will end …in financial terms.  We set out this year (as we did last year) to grow our turnover (income) and to break-even in performance terms.  I am pleased to say that we anticipate growing our turnover, once again, by approximately £1 million.  We also anticipate achieving a break-even position, which is no mean achievement, given the challenges we have faced in the last year.  Yes, the Tynecastle Redevelopment Project has gone over-budget but we are managing this to ensure we do not over-stretch ourselves.

So …in business terms we are doing well …and I am confident that the future looks good.  Like many businesses which are expanding and developing, we must ensure we manage cashflow carefully.  In other words, we often have to fund the developments before we reap the rewards.  That is why we are launching our Season Tickets early.  Thank you, in advance, for responding to this request, where you can.

We are approximately 2 years away from becoming the largest fan-owned Club in the UK.  With your continued “backing”, we will, together, make history.

Ann Budge

1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

Is that it?  Is the structure going to be hanging above the seating? 12 seats isn’t a lot of real estate to put a studio with room for 2/3 presenters, cameraman etc?

The glass screen will be built into the back wall of the new stand. The TV studio is behind the glass screen . Only the seats directly below the glass viewing screen are being removed - might be closer to 20.

hughesie27
12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The glass screen will be built into the back wall of the new stand. The TV studio is behind the glass screen . Only the seats directly below the glass viewing screen are being removed - might be closer to 20.

Clever.

What about will the internal structure be then? on the roof on the main stand, level with the Sky Lounge?

11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Clever.

What about will the internal structure be then? on the roof on the main stand, level with the Sky Lounge?

I think it will be above a stairway.

Perth to Paisley

Hope we haven't gone to the length of it facing the pitch .... the Banalysts will provide their banalysis based on their agendas regardless.!

Buffalo Bill

I think the TV studio will be to the immediate right of the far-right door at the top of the new stand, if you were facing it from the pitch (towards the Gorgie end). The internal space of the studio will probably sit on the roof of the stand, and I imagine will link in with the stairways at the top that feed down one level to the Sky Lounge. 

At least, that’s pretty much how Ann explained it to us in our meeting last March. She said a couple of rows at the back will have to be sacrificed (I assume only to the width of the TV studio window). 

8 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Trees be in place before new season

Nice to hear, they’ll be a great addition and a bit unusual. 

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

You supplying the glass?

BelgeJambo
1 hour ago, Bez said:

Like the sound of the TV studio.

For non televised games they should let Hearts Tv use it.

Invite a couple of Kickbacks finest to do some punditry pre mid and post match

comedy gold

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

For non televised games they should let Hearts Tv use it.

Invite a couple of Kickbacks finest to do some punditry pre mid and post match

comedy gold

Could be put to use in a lot of ways tbh, and Hearts TV could definitely use it for a project or two I’d imagine. Suppose these things all help with attracting games and other sports to a neutral venue as well. The hybrid pitch should help with that too.

BelgeJambo
Just now, Bez said:

Could be put to use in a lot of ways tbh, and Hearts TV could definitely use it for a project or two I’d imagine. Suppose these things all help with attracting games and other sports to a neutral venue as well. The hybrid pitch should help with that too.

VAR when Scott Brown visits

Hearts_fan
8 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Not exactly a priority but I hate that Foundation Plaza sign. It looks like it was knocked up on word and laminated in the stationery cupboard. 

Totally agree, it’s absolute guff. 

2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

VAR when Scott Brown visits

Decent vantage point for a sniper too. ?

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Has anything about the new stand other than the pitch facing bit (seating and roof, basically a copy of the other three stands) NOT changed? 

42 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Has anything about the new stand other than the pitch facing bit (seating and roof, basically a copy of the other three stands) NOT changed? 

Aye. Your ****ing moaning?

siegementality

Regardless of what changes have had to be made, and the shift in timescales, let’s not forget how difficult a task this has been from the outset. This stand, and the whole ground improvements will last for many, many years to come. FFS let’s not knock those behind it all because it’s taken a year or so longer to finish.

Montgomery Brewster
4 hours ago, siegementality said:

Regardless of what changes have had to be made, and the shift in timescales, let’s not forget how difficult a task this has been from the outset. This stand, and the whole ground improvements will last for many, many years to come. FFS let’s not knock those behind it all because it’s taken a year or so longer to finish.

Correct. Well said 

Clerry Jambo
7 hours ago, siegementality said:

Spot on Siege, people forget we were looking down the abyss only a few years ago

hughesie27

In an astounding turn of events Greenwhinger over the road has switched from "they aren't building a new stand" to " they aren't building a TV studio". I'll update further when he releases more critical info.

Edited by hughesie27

Buffalo Bill
14 hours ago, johnking123 said:

image.png

I think it’ll be built on the side of the Sky Lounge. 

scott herbertson
14 hours ago, johnking123 said:

image.png

TBH I’d sack the architect if that’s the standard of their graphics

johnking123
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

TBH I’d sack the architect if that’s the standard of their graphics

Not a drop of alcohol too. 

Buffalo Bill
14 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I think it’ll be built on the side of the Sky Lounge. 

Sorry, I meant to say the ‘Gorgie’ side of the Sky Lounge

2 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Are the changing rooms still on track for the start of the season? 

See previous page

King Of The Cat Cafe
On 30/05/2018 at 10:46, Thomaso said:

Cheers - putting in the trees may well be a planning requirement.

I am very much opposed to that.  Don't you know that trees are killers?

No less an expert than President Ronald Reagan was quite firm on that: ""Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do."