New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Jambos_1874
9 hours ago, hmfcdoug said:

I’m sure it’s been posted before - but how magnificent is the mosaic that’s in the new stand preserved from the old one. That’s heritage.

673CE744-7C79-406E-8CF3-E108891FCA70.jpeg

If I can ever afford my own house I want something similar in my hallway!!!

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

If I can ever afford my own house I want something similar in my hallway!!!

Need a 2nd mortgage 

A few photos from today showing a change or two around the front of the stand.

New railings leading to the Gorgie stand

9f42b6fc_original.jpg?v00905196998251

New fencing for the nursery entrance

f024c68d_original.jpg?v00905196998251

Nursery looks like it'll be finished soon

34e96205_original.jpg?v00905196998251

27 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Great pics

HamishMcGonagall
On 09/06/2018 at 00:39, hmfcdoug said:

I’m sure it’s been posted before - but how magnificent is the mosaic that’s in the new stand preserved from the old one. That’s heritage.

673CE744-7C79-406E-8CF3-E108891FCA70.jpeg

Was it not mentioned somewhere on this thread (not even going to attempt to find it) that the one in the picture isn't the original one and is Infact a newly laid piece, whereas the original is still in it's original place within the stand elsewhere?  Pretty sure the two are actually quite different when images are put side by side too.

Not to detract from the mosaic in the picture above which is itself also a great part of the new stand.

Edited by HamishMcGonagall

2 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Was it not mentioned somewhere on this thread (not even going to attempt to find it) that the one in the picture isn't the original one and is Infact a newly laid piece, whereas the original is still in it's original place within the stand elsewhere?  Pretty sure the two are actually quite different when images are put side by side too.

Not to detract from the mosaic in the picture above which is itself also a great part of the new stand.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165070-new-stand-stand-open-for-matches-updated/&page=564

Clerry Jambo

Cracking photos, really is starting to feel as though its all coming together. When inside / outside completed, it's going to be looking the dugs.

8 minutes ago, pablo said:

The Foundation Plaza sign needs to be go. 

Agreed. It really looks like a temporary sign. We can do much better.

Mid Calder Jambo
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Cracking photos, really is starting to feel as though its all coming together. When inside / outside completed, it's going to be looking the dugs.

If anyone really wants to see how far we have come go to page 215 in this thread and have a look at some of the photos from 15 June 2017.  Mindblowing really.  Someone smarter than me willprobably be able to copy to this page.

39 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

If anyone really wants to see how far we have come go to page 215 in this thread and have a look at some of the photos from 15 June 2017.  Mindblowing really.  Someone smarter than me willprobably be able to copy to this page.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165070-new-stand-stand-open-for-matches-updated/&page=215

On 14/06/2018 at 18:35, JALBO said:

New clubstore opens Sunday 

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6735

Any photos of the finished police box? How many seats does that free up?

Alwo, is the TV studio at the back of the new stand being built this year?

Thanks.

jamtartan74
58 minutes ago, Nixie said:

Any photos of the finished police box? How many seats does that free up?

Alwo, is the TV studio at the back of the new stand being built this year?

Thanks.

At a guess it will free up around 120 seats, and yes tv box getting built for the coming season.  

David McCaig
17 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

At a guess it will free up around 120 seats, and yes tv box getting built for the coming season.  

Considering considerably more than 120 seats... The wing section has 37 rows!!

jamtartan74
4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Considering considerably more than 120 seats... The wing section has 37 rows!!

Probably, was just a guess, so maybe around 140 seats if there is 4 at the end section like there is at the wheatfield section G?

7 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Probably, was just a guess, so maybe around 140 seats if there is 4 at the end section like there is at the wheatfield section G?

The upper section is 27 rows, 6 seats wide. So 162 in the upper. 

siegementality

First time in the fans bar today and I was impressed. It is amazing to think what we have all achieved in the last few years. Hats off to everyone involved with Hearts and especially to Ann Budge and her team.

54 minutes ago, siegementality said:

First time in the fans bar today and I was impressed. It is amazing to think what we have all achieved in the last few years. Hats off to everyone involved with Hearts and especially to Ann Budge and her team.

*Sighs* Enviously, apart from family, couple of mates,  truly the only thing I miss about Scotland are the Hearts, oh and broon sauce.

Popped over to the shop today, so a few from round and about the plaza. I do think the plaza signs need to go, and be replaced with something a bit classier. Sorry - no shots from inside the shop, but it's big - I would say double the size of the one in the Wheatfield. The ticket office appears to be relocating to the new shop too. Makes sense.

Lots of people hanging out around the stairs. Made me think that the bar might do well with benches/tables or whatever outside on nice summer days like today.  Have to say the stand looks quite stunning under clear skies. 

ac618756_original.jpg?v40966907589251

Interesting - the club have called the bar/shop area "The Gorgie Corner". A nice touch, that might work well - entrance to the Gorgie Suite just out of shot on the left, the bar straight ahead, and the shop on the right. Not sure if it's possible or not, but creating access to the Museum from here would make sense. A bit of signage needed. Internally, the bar and shop don't have suspended ceilings, so the services are visible. Not sure if this an intentional 'industrial' look, or if ceiling tiles are to follow.

258f182e_original.jpg?v40966907589251

Some sort of canopy going over the entrance to the nursery. I'm not sure if this was on the original plans or not? As far as I could see, internally things seemed to be well advance. Obviously landscaping is last on the list.....

2c065c54_original.jpg?v40966907589251

And the obligatory shot......

bc96b403_original.jpg?v45136897589251

rudi must stay

Went passed the stand a few weeks ago. Where we are now and the improvement in the stadium is quite frankly unbelievable :thumbsup:

Edited by rudi must stay

Great pics Jalbo.

We’re going to be extremely proud of this when it’s finished.

I know it’s not what some like to hear but the transformation in this club since 2013 is breathtaking.

Honoured to play a small part in it all tbh.

Selkirkhmfc1874

What's been achieved by the leadership of Ann budge and the best fans in the world has been nothing short of remarkable !! Infrastructure been put in place for decades to come 

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What's been achieved by the leadership of Ann budge and the best fans in the world has been nothing short of remarkable !! Infrastructure been put in place for decades to come 

Yep long after my ashes are spread somewhere around the ground. I've pre booked a drone to drop them over the pitch hopefully some opposition player gets a bit of grit up their shunky.

What’s becoming of the Wheatfield Stand shop now then?

it more than likely been discussed a few times on here before but I’ve got a mind blank.

Half time pie

Was told another bar planned by member of staff to cater for the Wheatfield support.

10 minutes ago, Half time pie said:

Was told another bar planned by member of staff to cater for the Wheatfield support.

Excellent, you can't have too many bars imo!

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Anyone know when the trees are supposed to be going in?

Before start of season 

17 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Before start of season 

Great, I think the plaza will look great once the trees are in place (and the crappy signs are replaced!)

1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

What’s becoming of the Wheatfield Stand shop now then?

it more than likely been discussed a few times on here before but I’ve got a mind blank.

Offices I think 

1 hour ago, Half time pie said:

But can you get to the bar from the wheat field side?

Hungry hippo
10 minutes ago, ericb said:

But can you get to the bar from the wheat field side?

Think he meant under the Wheatfield so yes.

WalterWhite

Would be good for a bar under the wheatfield aswell as the one in the main stand. Should put one under the roseburn for away supports away fans enjoy coming to tynie just make sure its closed when the arsecheeks and hibs come.

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, WalterWhite said:

Would be good for a bar under the wheatfield aswell as the one in the main stand. Should put one under the roseburn for away supports away fans enjoy coming to tynie just make sure its closed when the arsecheeks and hibs come.

Have Hearts said anything about what's to become of the undercroft now the shop and ticket office have moved?

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Was in the shop earlier today. it’s massive!!

Has the product range improved?

They were actually beginning to stock some semi-decent gear last season - new era hats/tourist tat/bed sets for the jammy wearers.