New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

On 24/06/2018 at 21:43, Phil Dunphy said:

Have Hearts said anything about what's to become of the undercroft now the shop and ticket office have moved?

Offices I think

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Has the product range improved?

They were actually beginning to stock some semi-decent gear last season - new era hats/tourist tat/bed sets for the jammy wearers.

I think it has. 

Planning on heading into the new shop tomorrow. Might be a silly question but will I be likely to get parked on McLeod St?

Eta - is the shop open tomorrow? ?

Edited by El Diez

johnnythejambo
50 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Has the product range improved?

They were actually beginning to stock some semi-decent gear last season - new era hats/tourist tat/bed sets for the jammy wearers.

I'm not so sure. I was in earlier in the week as i left on holiday today and was looking for some leisure gear to wear on beach/evening but really nothing stood out. New strip is ok but wasn't really what i was after. We could do with some quality gear without the badge but which we know is Hearts stuff by some symbol or other.

When the trees are in place the Plaza will look superb.

The signs are pish though. 

31 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

When the trees are in place the Plaza will look superb.

The signs are pish though. 

The club are aware the sign needs replaced. I've heard that a new one is planned.

PhoenixHearts
41 minutes ago, johnnythejambo said:

I'm not so sure. I was in earlier in the week as i left on holiday today and was looking for some leisure gear to wear on beach/evening but really nothing stood out. New strip is ok but wasn't really what i was after. We could do with some quality gear without the badge but which we know is Hearts stuff by some symbol or other.

There's a nice wee umbro t-shirt actually. Umbro pattern tape down the shoulders and just the wee circle brick pattern from the very centre of our badge on the left chest. Comes in grey or maroon. Subtly, but unmistakably Hearts. Sounds exactly what you're after.

heartofmidlothian_umbrogreycottontee_1524752771pologrey2.jpg

Konrad von Carstein

Was in the shop today....underwhelmed to be honest.

Training tops etc not priced

Over priced photos and pictures

Very limited range of clothing on offer

Snapback caps (I know, I know but a baseball style surely should be on offer)

JP (?) dealing with customer (singular) for at least 15 minutes while some woman was on the phone or wandering about in the stock room, and at least two people were sat on their arses in the ticket office while a small queue began to form.

We left having purchased nothing.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20180629_182100.jpg

My barrier is in this shot  !!!!

Takes you back.....now if only you could see the river flowing down from the toilet block at the rear you'd have real idea of what it  was like  !!

50 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Takes you back.....now if only you could see the river flowing down from the toilet block at the rear you'd have real idea of what it  was like  !!

I must have stood close by you CJGJ. Loved that place. 

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20180629_182100.jpg

miss that place

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

There's a nice wee umbro t-shirt actually. Umbro pattern tape down the shoulders and just the wee circle brick pattern from the very centre of our badge on the left chest. Comes in grey or maroon. Subtly, but unmistakably Hearts. Sounds exactly what you're after.

looks good

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

must've been near  both of you in the 80s and 90s

johnnythejambo
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Yep didn't see that but still thought the range was a bit limited especially with it being a new shop opening.

jimmy the jambo

I was in the shop today & I can't believe what's getting mentioned on this thread,Give it a rest with the bitching FFS.

I took this picture on the 25th June 2017,We've came a long long way in such a short time,we stay,we build,fortress.

cmon the hearts ??❤️???

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

JP (?) dealing with customer (singular) for at least 15 minutes while some woman was on the phone or wandering about in the stock room, and at least two people were sat on their arses in the ticket office while a small queue began to form.

I was in the shop wednesday and i  couldn't be bothered asking what the prices were because there was so many unpriced. Why are so many things not priced ? 

10 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

I was in the shop today & I can't believe what's getting mentioned on this thread,Give it a rest with the bitching FFS.

I took this picture on the 25th June 2017,We've came a long long way in such a short time,we stay,we build,fortress.

cmon the hearts ??❤️???

image.jpeg

Why does the staff find it so hard to price the stock. If you think that's bitching tuff. 

grumpyespana
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

That's where I used to stand just next to those benches at the corner flag, and those smells lol the brewery & the bog happy times.

davemclaren
3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Think they are doing a stocktake or something alongside the move. There was some stuff unpriced but I just asked what the price was. 

SwindonJambo
6 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I miss the old place Mikey. 

Me too. That shot is the view I got, the 1st time I ever stood in the Shed, the 3-2 removal of Deidco from the Scottish Cup in 85/86 with Robbo slamming home the winner with 5 to go after Nicky Walker dropped the ball. Insane celebrations followed. The modern day Health & Safety brigade would have a fit but Great times! I'd recently arrived in the city as a student and my allegiance was superglued for life.

18 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Me too. That shot is the view I got, the 1st time I ever stood in the Shed, the 3-2 removal of Deidco from the Scottish Cup in 85/86 with Robbo slamming home the winner with 5 to go after Nicky Walker dropped the ball. Insane celebrations followed. The modern day Health & Safety brigade would have a fit but Great times! I'd recently arrived in the city as a student and my allegiance was superglued for life.

Tear to an eye stuff.

:yas:

Geoff the Mince

I get quite depressed seeing photos of the old Tynecastle , 

i've never really felt comfortable since it became all seating .

Also makes me realise how quickly time passes and now old  I am !! 

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Will be sporting these in the Med this summer. Well, not actually in the Med. 

9FF4D716-6187-4DB8-B3C6-301384666694.jpeg

Like those!

By the light

This is how Tynecastle was when I first started going, albeit my visits to the shed were limited based on who we were playing. Spent most of the time in the bigger matches watching the crowd from the main stand than what was going on on the pitch.

Would have loved to experience it as an adult.

In less nostalgic news, see Tottenham have made an arse of their seats and already seeking arrangements for matches to be played elsewhere for at least 1 game. Even £850 million projects aren’t perfect.

9 hours ago, cookieboy said:

miss that place

looks good

must've been near  both of you in the 80s and 90s

Remember standing on the corner barrier when we equalised against rangers in the last minute, probably about 76 or so. 

John Findlay

Hard to think the shed was only six years old when my dad took me to my first game at the tender age of 2 years and 8 months old. Sat on the wall that went round the pitch with my feet on the cinder track. December the 8th 1965. We beat Clyde 4-1. The date and score is courtesy of London.Hearts. The other info courtesy  of my late dad. When football hooliganism started creeping in at the start of the 70s. My dad moved us to the enclosure. It was from the North enclosure I witnessed one of the best Hearts performances I've ever seen. The demolition of Lokomotiv Lipzeig.

Clerry Jambo
24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Hard to think the shed was only six years old when my dad took me to my first game at the tender age of 2 years and 8 months old. Sat on the wall that went round the pitch with my feet on the cinder track. December the 8th 1965. We beat Clyde 4-1. The date and score is courtesy of London.Hearts. The other info courtesy  of my late dad. When football hooliganism started creeping in at the start of the 70s. My dad moved us to the enclosure. It was from the North enclosure I witnessed one of the best Hearts performances I've ever seen. The demolition of Lokomotiv Lipzeig.

Aaah the Leipzig Lions John, what a night

One of the few times that I have been on the sacred turf, just exuberance mind!!

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Aaah the Leipzig Lions John, what a night

One of the few times that I have been on the sacred turf, just exuberance mind!!

I was 13 at the time and that was my first ever European game at Tynie.

Clerry Jambo
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I was 13 at the time and that was my first ever European game at Tynie.

Enjoy mate, I must have been 15

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Cheers. Was stood right behind Jim Brown when his cross, which it was went in. You could tell as soon as it left his foot it was going in.

On 30/06/2018 at 09:20, John Findlay said:

Cheers. Was stood right behind Jim Brown when his cross, which it was went in. You could tell as soon as it left his foot it was going in.

that takes me back 

scott herbertson
On 6/30/2018 at 09:11, Clerry Jambo said:

Still the most fun I've had at Tynecastle after all those years  - Busby was excellent that night

maroondevo52
59 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Still the most fun I've had at Tynecastle after all those years  - Busby was excellent that night

1st and only time I've kissed the turf.

On 30/06/2018 at 07:52, By the light said:

In less nostalgic news, see Tottenham have made an arse of their seats and already seeking arrangements for matches to be played elsewhere for at least 1 game. Even £850 million projects aren’t perfect.

The seats aren't the reason for the Wembley games and the mistake was only pinpointed last week but won't affect the timescale. It was a section of seats that were mistakenly made without a chemical in the colour that stops them fading. Obviously technology that has come in since we did the school end. 

John Findlay

I love Alan Weeke line. "And makes it 5-1 for Heart of Midlothian". Not Hearts. Not Jam tarts  but Heart of Midlothian. Just oozes class to me. Great commentary.

By the light
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

The seats aren't the reason for the Wembley games and the mistake was only pinpointed last week but won't affect the timescale. It was a section of seats that were mistakenly made without a chemical in the colour that stops them fading. Obviously technology that has come in since we did the school end. 

Yeh I knew that and reading my post back it does read like I thought the 2 are linked so fair dos.

I was just making a light hearted point as let’s face it, the 2 projects can’t be compared on any level whatsoever! 

To be fair to mitch41 I was in on Saturday and most items seemed , annoyingly, unpriced.  Mate checked a few prices via the internet but by the time we left the fans bar the shop was shut.

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Might have been on previous pages

Roseburn needs a scrub.

Has anything been discussed re polishing up the rest of the stands so they look in keeping with our shiny new crown jewel?

32 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Roseburn needs a scrub.

Has anything been discussed re polishing up the rest of the stands so they look in keeping with our shiny new crown jewel?

I'm sure that will follow. Right now efforts (and funds) are going into completing the nursery, landscaping, police box, TV studio, fit out of the remaining floors in the new stand, and our hybrid pitch.

34 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I'm sure that will follow. Right now efforts (and funds) are going into completing the nursery, landscaping, police box, TV studio, fit out of the remaining floors in the new stand, and our hybrid pitch.

Sorry if said recently, but will new dressing rooms be ready for new season?

7 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Sorry if said recently, but will new dressing rooms be ready for new season?

No. To use Wheatfield again next season. Saving money on stuff for now. 

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

You sure you weren't in Poundland, Mitch ?

Great deal on giant Toblerones. 

That's where the shop is going wrong. Everything should be £5-1p.

Big Slim Stylee
On 6/29/2018 at 19:27, davemclaren said:

Think they are doing a stocktake or something alongside the move. There was some stuff unpriced but I just asked what the price was. 

Now there’s a revolutionary idea...

1 minute ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Now there’s a revolutionary idea...

Remember Catherine Tate as that OAP going into the Pound Shop. Q. How much is this. A. £1. Q. And how much is this. A. £1 and so on.

grumpyespana
On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:20, John Findlay said:

That game was the first time that I was on the hallowed turf after that great result.

Big Slim Stylee
8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Remember Catherine Tate as that OAP going into the Pound Shop. Q. How much is this. A. £1. Q. And how much is this. A. £1 and so on.

?