New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

The Natural Order

It was but it seems to have changed for some unspecified reason. Cost implications maybe? Something to do with not creating restricted view seats in the Roseburn? Maybe it's just easier/quicker to build?  Dunno.

6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

A huge Scott Brown poster????   :thumbsup:

Only if its Naismith is booting him in the baws :laugh: 

Was given a free ticket tonight because I was too late to upgrade ST at the ticket office after driving from Dundee, a fan came up and offered me a ticket for free absolute legend.

Just saying its my first time in the Main Stand and it is tremendous.

Jambo-Fox

Fill the corners in and the seats will be filled, 2018/19 the season of dreams!!

1 hour ago, kila said:

Someone able to get better screen caps?

Tynecastle looking fantastic

13.thumb.png.6157e301b8f02fe70b612e434e0fcc49.png12.thumb.png.3d76cce5dff4afa006043db20fae1e55.png

Looks glorious but we need to pressure wash that rose burn stand- and maybe the others too? More so the roseburn after that shower were in it this evening. 

16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

We're tenants at Riccarton who paid for this

So we are.

The stand, delivered as a partnership between Oriam, the SFA, sportscotland and FIFA will be used by all Oriam tenants. A dual rake set-up means the stand will service both the ‘Hampden’ and outdoor 3G pitch at Riccarton.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-play-under-20-matches-at-riccarton-in-front-of-new-stand-1-4685165

Phil D. Corners

Any updates if or when the changing rooms, nursery, Sky lounge etc. will be finished?

Ann’s last comment was there was a redesign on going. 

Any updates on the TV studio as well. 

Feed me. :-D

Thanks

5 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Any updates if or when the changing rooms, nursery, Sky lounge etc. will be finished?

Ann’s last comment was there was a redesign on going. 

Any updates on the TV studio as well. 

Feed me. :-D

Thanks

I don't have much, but I can tell you what I've seen.

1. Nursery looks like it'll be done soon. The portacabins have been moved, and it looks as if they're about to get working on getting the grounds/gardens outside sorted out.

2..That's all I have. Sorry! But to make up for it, here's a picture from this morning. :) 

3ded94ab_original.jpg?v12907885376251

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I don't have much, but I can tell you what I've seen.

1. Nursery looks like it'll be done soon. The portacabins have been moved, and it looks as if they're about to get working on getting the grounds/gardens outside sorted out.

2..That's all I have. Sorry! But to make up for it, here's a picture from this morning. :) 

3ded94ab_original.jpg?v12907885376251

I think the nursery is a contractual obligation to have it ready by June(?) so could be expensive if late.  

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think the nursery is a contractual obligation to have it ready by June(?) so could be expensive if late.  

Yes, I think you're right. Certainly work on site today around the nursery, and  actually I think there appeared to be work going on at the other end of the Main Stand (you can see materials on the ground  on the left hand end of my photo). I may be wrong, but it did appear there was some work going on in the 2nd floor.

Oh, and the police box is now shrouded in scaffold.

Bad Religion
Just now, JALBO said:

Yes, I think you're right. Certainly work on site today around the nursery, and  actually I think there appeared to be work going on at the other end of the Main Stand (you can see materials on the ground  on the left hand end of my photo). I may be wrong, but it did appear there was some work going on in the 2nd floor.

Oh, and the police box is now shrouded in scaffold.

Get any pictures of the pitch?

Just now, Bad Religion said:

Get any pictures of the pitch?

'afraid not. Could see there was some plant or tractors in the pitch, but that was all.

32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

First time I've noticed the heart shaped bike stands. Nice touch. 

47 minutes ago, Tazio said:

First time I've noticed the heart shaped bike stands. Nice touch. 

There was complaints earlier in this thread about wasting money on them.

FarmerTweedy
22 minutes ago, obua said:

If there was ever any doubt that some folk will moan about absolutely anything, that dispels it!

29 minutes ago, obua said:

Christ! We're a happy bunch at times. 

On 05/03/2018 at 16:56, Italian Lambretta said:

Nice to see we've wasted money on stupid metal Hearts.

What purpose do they serve?

Here’s someone not happy about bike stands.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to seeing what's done over the summer. It's looking like it'll take several years to complete and grow in to the space. 

A priority for me is addressing the access to Directors Box and improving the flow of people.

What do other main standers want to see done by the start of next season?

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, pablo said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what's done over the summer. It's looking like it'll take several years to complete and grow in to the space. 

A priority for me is addressing the access to Directors Box and improving the flow of people.

Several years ? Plans 2 be completely completed by end of next season 

Mars plastic
17 minutes ago, pablo said:

Don't think anything can be done about that. Bizarre that nobody picked that that there was no separate access and egress for the directors when the design was being pulled together

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Several years ? Plans 2 be completely completed by end of next season 

Think we will still have some wee projects ongoing, for non-essential things, no? Screens, bars etc?

fabienleclerq
19 minutes ago, pablo said:

A long pisser. With one door in and another out!

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Bez said:

Think we will still have some wee projects ongoing, for non-essential things, no? Screens, bars etc?

Screens were never part of original main stand plans , bars restaurant changing rooms etc will be complete by end of this season! Priority just now is pitch, police box, tv studio , nursery and new club shop 

Disco Dave
6 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Don't think anything can be done about that. Bizarre that nobody picked that that there was no separate access and egress for the directors when the design was being pulled together

Didn’t Budge say that they were considering using the doors at the back and potentially moving their seating further up the stand?

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Screens were never part of original main stand plans , bars restaurant changing rooms etc will be complete by end of this season! Priority just now is pitch, police box, tv studio , nursery and new club shop 

Yeah, was meaning that I think there will be little finishing touches as we go on. Not the essential stuff that is part of the original plans. We will have a lot of space and a lot of ideas about how to maximise its potential, I would imagine. ?

Mars plastic
10 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Didn’t Budge say that they were considering using the doors at the back and potentially moving their seating further up the stand?

Cant' mind to be honest. The original point still stands though, if you'll pardon the pun.

Mr Brightside

Would like the exist at Section N to be opened, this would cut down on time taken to leave after matches.

Is there any plans to open up exits from the top of the main stand.  There is a staircase inside the stand but currently no exit at the seats.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Hoping the trees will be put in place soon.

Trees be in place before new season

10 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Would like the exit at Section N to be opened, this would cut down on time taken to leave after matches.

Is there any plans to open up exits from the top of the main stand.  There is a staircase inside the stand but currently no exit at the seats.

That'd take you to where the away fans are exiting I think

1 minute ago, kila said:

That'd take you to where the away fans are exiting I think

Ah, that “hostile environment” we keep hearing so much about. Make it so!

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That is the plan.

41 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Trees be in place before new season

Is that happening?  Budgets have been re-prioritised I hear.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Is that happening?  Budgets have been re-prioritised I hear.

What a heard only last week 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What a heard only last week 

Cheers - putting in the trees may well be a planning requirement.

Pans Jambo

Ive asked this before but didnt get any response.  

I remember plans for a large mural on the gable end of the building at Foundation Plaza. 

Anyone any news on this???

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I remember plans for a large mural on the gable end of the building at Foundation Plaza. 

That be in next phase , not priority right now 

13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Apparently the building works destabilised the flats on McLeod St a little... so the mural is on hold?

Pans Jambo
20 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That be in next phase , not priority right now 

18 minutes ago, kila said:

Apparently the building works destabilised the flats on McLeod St a little... so the mural is on hold?

OK cheers lads. Just thought it may have fallen by the wayside. Still on though.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

OK cheers lads. Just thought it may have fallen by the wayside. Still on though.

Fortunately not yet in place or it might literally have fallen by the wayside.

26 minutes ago, kila said:

First I've heard of this Kila - where did you hear this from?

Selkirkhmfc1874
30 minutes ago, kila said:

That's news never heard 

21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

First I've heard of this Kila - where did you hear this from?

Over the road, so probably nothing in it! Hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Not exactly a priority but I hate that Foundation Plaza sign. It looks like it was knocked up on word and laminated in the stationery cupboard. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Is there foundation to these rumours?!

5 hours ago, pablo said:

I want to see the nursery turned into a sports bar before and after matches :lol: