New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

Except their build is 800 million quid.

Mars back to be provocative and controversial for a few days before disappearing into obscurity again.

Must be bored. 

Feel for Tottenham a little in comparison to how the SPFL dealt with Hearts new stand timings.

Spurs weren't allowed to change the pitch dimensions of Wembley to match that of a narrower White Hart Lane. We got to make Murrayfield narrower to match Tynecastle though couldn't change the length due to the goalpost holes.

Sounds like Spurs won't be allowed to play just a few games at Wembley next season before moving into their new ground if it isn't ready in time. So all away at the start or they will be at Wembley for their first round of fixtures.

I think the SPFL and clubs were really accommodating to Hearts in comparison. Though might have been a different story had we been title challengers to Celtic.

Love to see some pics of inside the stand changing rooms tunnel entrance etc. Are they getting worked on now or will it be at the end of the season? 

Quick question over the main stand, I’m back home for the Aberdeen game and fancy sitting in the main stand but the only place where 4 seats are available is section N right at the end next to the wall.. are these seats restricted view ? 

B5AC45E5-4066-4DB5-A418-47C89CCD345C.png

3 minutes ago, jm_hmfc said:

Quick question over the main stand, I’m back home for the Aberdeen game and fancy sitting in the main stand but the only place where 4 seats are available is section N right at the end next to the wall.. are these seats restricted view ? 

B5AC45E5-4066-4DB5-A418-47C89CCD345C.png

The one right next to the wall, you can see goal but not far corner flag. All others fine. Least thats the case at the back row 

1 minute ago, bam95 said:

The one right next to the wall, you can see goal but not far corner flag. All others fine. Least thats the case at the back row 

Your right actually, had to lean over from my seat next to the wall to see the goal. Can't see the away fans though which is shite. 

Had few whisky's. Cup game tomorrow. Been watching the original 5-1 humping. Levien in charge. I'd take a Valois over a DeVries right now BTW.

One noticeable difference is the Auld Stand. As beautiful as it was, I'm glad its gone. 

Let's bring the trophy home lads.

IMG_20170507_083402.jpg

IMG_20171114_143616.jpg

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2311859/hearts-ann-budge-scottish-cup-1998-big-interview/

Sound the main stand might take a couple of years to complete now. 

I suppose there is no great rush now and if money is tight we are better doing it a little bit at a time.

I agree with Ann the club shop should be the priority as we are losing money by not having it open right up to kick off and straight after full time.

2 hours ago, tazhearts said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2311859/hearts-ann-budge-scottish-cup-1998-big-interview/

Sound the main stand might take a couple of years to complete now. 

I suppose there is no great rush now and if money is tight we are better doing it a little bit at a time.

I agree with Ann the club shop should be the priority as we are losing money by not having it open right up to kick off and straight after full time.

5.1 game was the last time Hearts graced the National  Stadium in any competition?

As painful as the League Cup defeat was....

48 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Nice to see we've wasted money on stupid metal Hearts.

What purpose do they serve?

They stop people nicking your bike.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

What are these?

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What are these?

I’ve obviously missed the joke here. :lol:

Francis Albert

I assume FoH as one of the main funders have had an update on the progress (or lack of it) on completion of the stand.

It would be nice if the club and FoH updated us rather than the Sun.

Footballfirst
29 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I assume FoH as one of the main funders have had an update on the progress (or lack of it) on completion of the stand.

We may have to wait another couple of months for FOH to confirm that the £3m funding target has been reached and the funds will thereafter be directed at repaying the Bidco loan.

Edited by Footballfirst

Ricardo Shillyshally
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

To protect against vehicle attacks maybe?

davemclaren
39 minutes ago, obua said:

The heart shaped bike stands.

Ah, I’m sure the bike stands were one of the planning conditions, not necessarily Heart shaped though. ?

4 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

:cornette: 

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Ah, I’m sure the bike stands were one of the planning conditions, not necessarily Heart shaped though. ?

They would be if Edinburgh Council had anything to do with it.

21 minutes ago, farin said:

Nice to see there’s been some remedial work on the rust.. 

Too bad, what can we moan about now?

August Landmesser
13 minutes ago, kila said:

Too bad, what can we moan about now?

Wet paint?

On 2/21/2018 at 11:49, farin said:

The view behind my seat. At this stage it’s just cosmetic & im not overly concerned but as the seats were only installed a few months ago I guess in any new structure people will notice things like this more. 

6F8A1A6A-B5C7-4E1D-9F22-7C03E3A9F46A.jpeg

Can't we just get Ian Black on this job to fix this:

post-2-0-57780100-1325525039.jpg

Won't see the rust then!!

Cut The Crap
On 3/5/2018 at 18:38, Francis Albert said:

Tend to agree. The approach outlined is sensible enough. A pity we didn't learn about it directly from the club.

• 2 weeks later...
jamtartan74
Just now, kila said:

They've painted the front of the media tables maroon at last :o

DYfJY2qW4AUG1zL.thumb.jpg.09bd0e0e450c9edeecb02de69ef34f87.jpg

They done it before our last home game

1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

They done it before our last home game

Don't recall it being like that for the Killie game but was probably covered in snow so never noticed :laugh:

Looks a lot better though!

jamtartan74
Just now, kila said:

Don't recall it being like that for the Killie game but was probably covered in snow so never noticed :laugh:

Looks a lot better though!

It defo was bud I noticed it and mentioned to my sister at the time, but conditions were terrible that night so not a surprise if it wasn’t noticed at the time by most people. Looks a lot better now though ??

Bazzas right boot

The hand rails are very rusty and the numbers are falling of the seats.

Not massive but if you get 4/5 chairs in row without numbers, could be fights or a game of musical chairs.

The rust looks shite, can't think they'll last too long either if rusty after 4 months.:huh2:

Clerry Jambo
8 hours ago, kila said:

They've painted the front of the media tables maroon at last :o

DYfJY2qW4AUG1zL.thumb.jpg.09bd0e0e450c9edeecb02de69ef34f87.jpg

Now if we could just get a side to fill this stand...............

Perth to Paisley

I am a Wheatfield resident but walked through the new stand today for a look ...looked a a lot more painting since my last saunter.

i also used the hand dryer in the toilet to defrost my hands ... very welcome.

The toilet was all traps with ‘disposal ‘ units .... I was a bit nervous in case I had wandered into the wrong toilets.

5 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

I am a Wheatfield resident but walked through the new stand today for a look ...looked a a lot more painting since my last saunter.

i also used the hand dryer in the toilet to defrost my hands ... very welcome.

The toilet was all traps with ‘disposal ‘ units .... I was a bit nervous in case I had wandered into the wrong toilets.

200w.gif

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 21:24, BigDave'sHeed said:

The hand rails are very rusty and the numbers are falling of the seats.

Not massive but if you get 4/5 chairs in row without numbers, could be fights or a game of musical chairs.

The rust looks shite, can't think they'll last too long either if rusty after 4 months.:huh2:

As per Ann's latest statement, lots of painting to be done in and around the new stand.

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

As per Ann's latest statement, lots of painting to be done in and around the new stand.

:rofl:Thanks for the update 

Bazzas right boot
On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 21:37, Clerry Jambo said:

Now if we could just get a side to fill this stand...............

It's the fans that fill the stand.:mellow:

davemclaren

What are folks thought on any future development? The only areas we have left that can be developed imo are the Roseburn stand undercroft and Gerard’s yard, once the temporary nursery closes. 

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What are folks thought on any future development? The only areas we have left that can be developed imo are the Roseburn stand undercroft and Gerard’s yard, once the temporary nursery closes. 

I had always thought the wheatfield undercroft should be the home of a supporters club/bar but having seen the space available in the former Gerards yard I think this space would be ideal for it.

scott herbertson

A suggestion in the past has been a crèche but ithink bet to go for a playbarn which can offer crèche facilities on matchdays

Just now, scott herbertson said:

A suggestion in the past has been a crèche but ithink bet to go for a playbarn which can offer crèche facilities on matchdays

Could the new nursery be used for this purpose over the weekend?