New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Sky spots news stated just now "inspection will be complete by lunch time and game postponed if TOO MUCH  work still required to be carried out".

Imagine once the roller has finished with the tarmac it will be green for go.

23 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

I am astounded by replies to my post, not one constructive reply, all piss off you, we don't want to hear criticism,la, la la. 

Your point has been answered countless times 

You might have got a more detailed, more polite response a few weeks ago

But we're just waiting for the green light to go so it was quicker just to answer as people did 

Nothing personal 

10 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Trying to work and failing miserably due to watching this thread for news.

Same :)

Just off an hour conference call and spent most of it looking at this thread!

15 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

One of the lads in site gave thumbs up or down 2 one if the inspectors and he put thumb up , smiled and winked at him so hopefully good sign

That could have been related to anything, the taste of the sausge roll he was eating, Saturday night oot on or off etc.   ;-)

17 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

One of the lads in site gave thumbs up or down 2 one if the inspectors and he put thumb up , smiled and winked at him so hopefully good sign

DP sorry!

Edited by Swanny17

18 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

TP sorry!

Edited by Swanny17

16 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Great, were struggling for time and one of the lads on site has bagged off with an inspector.

I still stand by that and detest the glasgow clubs, both of them a lot more than the other one from Edinburgh. You not being from Edinburgh and only an internet junkie  wouldn't understand that though.

1 minute ago, jimbrown76 said:

Great, were struggling for time and one of the lads on site has bagged off with an inspector.

I heard the stand would have been completed last month if it wasn't for all the workers being hassled for details by kickbackers :muggy:

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Given that jambothump threatened to cancel his Hearts season ticket if Sevco BEAT the vermin in that final, I think he is best ignored.

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I remember a long 24 hours in the basement working on my dissertation last minute and trying to follow the football on the BBC website when Man City won the league last minute on the final day.

That's certainly true for me and I was very up front about that a few pages back.

I miss Edinburgh, Hearts and Tynecastle greatly. I think I've been critical as means to reducing this longing to be back to the time when I went every week and felt a huge connection to the club, the support and those I attended with.

I hope one day soon I'll be able to experience that again and I think my affection for the new stand will grow exponentially.

What a load of narcissistic nonsense

Just now, Jambo92 said:

I heard the stand would have been completed last month if it wasn't for all the workers being hassled for details by kickbackers :muggy:

I'm very conflicted between being grateful to them for their updates and wondering why they're on their phones so often during the working day........

3 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

You don't want the stand to be ready, just admit it and cut the bullshit.

Absolute nonsense.   I do want it to be ready and have said nothing to suggest different.    

22 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I dont think it is as black and white as being in one of two camps:

-   Every single thing about the club is perfect, we love it all and would never dream of complaining about anything. 

-   A boring whinger, who sees nothing positive and should just **** off and stop any financial support of the club.

It is possible to have concerns and complaints but still love, and support the club. I dont think any fan, especially a FOH contributor should be told to "**** off". 

sod all in life is without its problems, you used to be able to go to the fitba and get away from it for an hour or 2 despite the club having its own problems. win lose or draw you went to support your team, had a good day out whatever the result but now if were not winning all you get is a barrage of moaning, 90 mins solid, nae jokes/stupidity flying around the shed even when we were pish, these days, nae ironic singing for a laugh, just a constant whinge. tynecastle really is a soulless place these days. the atmosphere of a day out at parliament with them all whinging at each other.

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

I still stand by that and detest the glasgow clubs, both of them a lot more than the other one from Edinburgh. You not being from Edinburgh and only an internet junkie  wouldn't understand that though.

The fact you might be from Edinburgh makes it a million times worse.

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not for me. Getting back to Tynecastle asap was always the right plan imo. 

Not to mention the cost of renting Murrayfield for a season and the hastle of playing second fiddle to the 6 nations  and the autumn tests. 

I've heard it's not granted because the my heated seat is not working properly.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Seymour M Hersh
41 minutes ago, Mellor said:

With the benefit of hindsight, would it have made more sense to have tried to negotiate a season-long deal with the SRU to play at Murrayfield, thereby allowing the main stand project to be fully completed in time for next season? It would have taken the heat off the club and avoided the need to keep delaying the opening. As things stand (excuse the pun), even if Sunday's game eventually gets the go-ahead the site will remain a work in progress for the rest of the season and I'm unclear how much income the club can actually generate when the corporate facilities are yet to open for business.

I'm guessing, though, that the cost of such a move would have been prohibitive, even if some cash might have been recouped at Murrayfield from bigger crowds at the derbies and the games v Celtic and Rangers?

Do you lot wish you'd been pumped in the set-final in 2012?

If it's safe enough for workers to wander around in hard hats and hi viz jackets at the Roseburn end then the solution is rather obvious. Fit out the Thistle fans in the same garb.

Job done, get that cert signed, game on.

1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

If it's safe enough for workers to wander around in hard hats and hi viz jackets at the Roseburn end then the solution is rather obvious. Fit out the Thistle fans in the same garb.

Job done, get that cert signed, game on.

the Thistle kit is already hi viz enough!

1 hour ago, Jambothump said:

I don't feel AB or her project team have been up front with our support, two months, yes two months behind programmed construction schedule. I am begining to distrust the handling of my FOH contribution. It's already been shown some of the pathetic contracts given to aged players, play for their country, but not for their wage paying club

IMG_2010.GIF

Sexton Hardcastle

It must be like the final few minutes of changing rooms down McLeod street. Carol Smilie and that Handy Andy just splashing paint and raking shite behind every nook and crannie.

I don't feel AB or her project team have been up front with our support, two months, yes two months behind programmed construction schedule. I am begining to distrust the handling of my FOH contribution. It's already been shown some of the pathetic contracts given to aged players, play for their country, but not for their wage paying club

I bought a new build house this year. 

Offer accepted in February off plan - was told the house would be ready in June,

Then it was beginning of august
Then it was end of August
Then it was end of September
Moved in a month ago. 

And that was one house. 

And those guys didn't get paid until it was finished. It also held up their next job, so they wanted it finished asap. 

These things happen. Stop being a drama queen. It's a f*****g football stand. And it's a main stand, the hub of the stadium. And it looks f******g brilliant. 

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

From FB

image.png.efd2600d6023d9ed150b0ea183a73d06.png

The caption with this on FB said that the binman who took the picture was told from the guy on the right of the photo that once that area is all cleared away we have the go ahead.

I think Ann’s biggest crime was being publicly over ambitious.  

I think it would have been better for a public target date, say at the end of the month, or even the year,but privately agree with the builders incentives to beat that deadline.  There may be such incentives in place, but the initial target date appears to be the issue.   I understand the reasoning though, so we could take advantage of the excitement and anticipation and sell more season tickets, though I would have renewed anyway.  

Had we we done that, then the first statement, which was misleading at the time, about the delay would have not have been needed, and as  a result, the second one clarifying the matter would not have been. 

In fact the first statement perhaps was not needed anyway, or a simple but short one would have sufficed, saying everyone is working very hard to get the stand ready at the earliest opportunity.   That would also have meant no need for the second one, which I had the feeling resulted fro the builders and project team being uneasy with the first one.  

Fine another thread to moan 

This is about the stand and Not Cl/AB or any other shite.

Planners would have given us a list of things to work on for be given the Maroon light, no point in us having them back if those things hadn't progressed well.

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Fine another thread to moan you ungrateful ****er.

This is about the stand and Not Cl/AB or any other shite.

Well said.

14 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I bought a new build house this year. 

Offer accepted in February off plan - was told the house would be ready in June,

Then it was beginning of august
Then it was end of August
Then it was end of September
Moved in a month ago. 

And that was one house. 

And those guys didn't get paid until it was finished. It also held up their next job, so they wanted it finished asap. 

These things happen. Stop being a drama queen. It's a f*****g football stand. And it's a main stand, the hub of the stadium. And it looks f******g brilliant. 

If we’d only been building a stand, e.g. like the Wheatfield then it would have been opened weeks ago, i.e. basic structure, seats and facilities at concourse level with nothing underneath.  But we’ve actually built two buildings when you take into account the building behind the new stand with shop, offices, function suites, restaurants etc. It’s that building that isn’t ready, and was never scheduled to be

Edited by ericb

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Planners would have given us a list of things to work on for be given the Maroon light, no point in us having them back if those things hadn't progressed well.

Glad you never said Green Light.:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I think Ann’s biggest crime was being publicly over ambitious.  

I think it would have been better for a public target date, say at the end of the month, or even the year,but privately agree with the builders incentives to beat that deadline.  There may be such incentives in place, but the initial target date appears to be the issue.   I understand the reasoning though, so we could take advantage of the excitement and anticipation and sell more season tickets, though I would have renewed anyway.  

Had we we done that, then the first statement, which was misleading at the time, about the delay would have not have been needed, and as  a result, the second one clarifying the matter would not have been. 

In fact the first statement perhaps was not needed anyway, or a simple but short one would have sufficed, saying everyone is working very hard to get the stand ready at the earliest opportunity.   That would also have meant no need for the second one, which I had the feeling resulted fro the builders and project team being uneasy with the first one.  

I totally agree perhaps on this occasion being too ambitious and publicly giving these dates was a mistake.

3 minutes ago, ericb said:

If we’d only been building a stand, e.g. like the Wheatfield then it would have been opened weeks ago, i.e. basic structure, seats and facilities at concourse level with nothing underneath.  But we’ve actually built two buildings when you take into account the building behind the new stand with ships, offices, function suites, restaurants etc. It’s that building that isn’t ready, and was never scheduled to be

Exactly. Stop being so reasonable and logical. The drama queens are cancelling their direct debits. There is no place for such logic. 

Edited by Dalstonjambo

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, ericb said:

If we’d only been building a stand, e.g. like the Wheatfield then it would have been opened weeks ago, i.e. basic structure, seats and facilities at concourse level with nothing underneath.  But we’ve actually built two buildings when you take into account the building behind the new stand with shop, offices, function suites, restaurants etc. It’s that building that isn’t ready, and was never scheduled to be

Nice quick edit there sailor.

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Nice quick edit there sailor.

:rofl:

I was letting it go, but did think about asking if we could have subs as well in honour of our ex dear leader.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Barack said:

What was the original.

Curiosty n all that...?

'But we’ve actually built two buildings when you take into account the building behind the new stand with ships, offices, function suites, restaurants etc.'

Edited by ...a bit disco

...a bit disco
Just now, graygo said:

:rofl:

I was letting it go, but did think about asking if we could have subs as well in honour of our ex dear leader.

:biggrin:

stuartmitchell
3 minutes ago, ericb said:

Well said.

In hindsight (isn't it a wonderful thing). Perhaps the best approach would've been to do this in two phases.

Phase 1 being the stand itself then phase 2 being the office space and function rooms etc. Would of been less of a push and would of spread the cost out over 2 years as opposed to one.

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

At the moment, they're preparing for the Thistle game to go ahead.

Haha this lad has some serious Intel :)

I bet when confirmation get given and the EEN run a story on the new stand, £100 says they can;t run the full story without mentioning their beloved Hubs.