New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Felix Lighter

Not sure you've any grounds for such a remark....

tbf everyone has a right to espresso their opinion...

We need to keep an eye on it - it's Costa-ing a load of money...

You would never see this kind of attitude in America...no, you definitely wouldn't. 

jamboinglasgow

Sat down here right now, first time tryin to upload pics so hope this works.

Spoke to a foreman there who told me they're still in the process of bringing all the pieces together from the manufacturer (which he told me is a steel works in Motherwell). He said its gonny be another couple of weeks before they're ready to start welding the pieces together.

Thanks for the photos and info. Must admit I am a wee bit dissapointed that it will take so long before they even weld the pieces together. I thought they were looking to get the truss up in just under 2 weeks time.

Thanks for the photos and info. Must admit I am a wee bit dissapointed that it will take so long before they even weld the pieces together. I thought they were looking to get the truss up in just under 2 weeks time.

Mmmmm between yourself and another poster expressing disappointment...you've both got me wondering if I've maybe picked this guy up wrongly. Wouldn't be the first time. Maybe he DID say it would be welded within a fortnight and I was too busy making sure my pics were uploading? I'm beginning to wonder if I should've posted that timescale as gospel, given I might've got it wrong...

Might have to try and fly by this afternoon to get a "casual" confirmation from the guy...!!

If these welders were any good, they would not be working at Tynecastle.

Typical kickback, we expect far too much. Honest journeymen, let's get behind then. Moaners gtf.

Wonder what teams they support!

Not sure what folk are panicking about - surely the actual lifting of the truss in to place is something which will happen in a matter of hours when the time comes? Meaning that leave pretty much all of the next couple of weeks for assembling bits and welding them together.......

What were folk expecting? The thing to be put together and loaded on to the crane by this weekend and then raised up one meter per day over the next couple of weeks or something?!

There's a truck sitting with lights on and empty trailer just now. Is that an early morning delivery or the truck from yesterday?

If your walking beside it just ask the driver if your drving passed that could be a little trickier

There's a truck sitting with lights on and empty trailer just now. Is that an early morning delivery or the truck from yesterday?

It's here to take the delivered trusses away again, bills not been paid.

Mad Budge oot!

August Landmesser

If these welders were any good, they would not be working at Tynecastle.

Typical kickback, we expect far too much. Honest journeymen, let's get behind then. Moaners gtf.

:D

We're over paying them if they have time and money for latte afternoon breaks. :toff:

Clerry is an office punter. Latte breaks roll off the tongue....

Bazzas right boot

Not sure what folk are panicking about - surely the actual lifting of the truss in to place is something which will happen in a matter of hours when the time comes? Meaning that leave pretty much all of the next couple of weeks for assembling bits and welding them together.......

What were folk expecting? The thing to be put together and loaded on to the crane by this weekend and then raised up one meter per day over the next couple of weeks or something?!

Yip, I can put together a chest of drawers together in a few hours, no excuses.

highlandjambo3

Yip, I can put together a chest of drawers together in a few hours, no excuses.

Any spare bits left??

I just think they put to many bits in in the first place

Bazzas right boot

Any spare bits left??

I just think they put to many bits in in the first place

Aye, they must do, can't think of any other reason for the bits left over...

Have you ever decided to paint just one of your walls then realised how grubby the others look as a result of a spanking new painted one?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Only a minger would leave the other 3 walls. Yes we should clean up/paint the other 3.

The Natural Order

Is 'fannying around' a technical term ?

:laugh:

It is indeed. It's the practice of taking a relatively straight forward job and making sure it takes longer than needs be by not doing it right in the first place. :2thumbsup:

If your walking beside it just ask the driver if your drving passed that could be a little trickier

I was hang gliding as it happens. Was going to shout but I had the tricky bridge to duck under at the same time.

Jambof3tornado

Is it just me that has the impression this is getting done like a giant hommer.

Explain? What parts of this hasnt looked professionally done?

Explain? What parts of this hasnt looked professionally done?

Nothing specific just the way i see it i suppose just my opinion

Is it just me that has the impression this is getting done like a giant hommer.

Not sure what you mean by the term 'hommer', but if you mean homer then yes, it is just you.

The Wrinkly Ninja

Is it just me that has the impression this is getting done like a giant homer.

Is he lifting the truss in place?

250px-The_Amazing_Colossal_Homer.png

scott herbertson

Aye, they must do, can't think of any other reason for the bits left over...

Ruled out of the Truss assembly team on the basis of this answer...

Not sure what you mean by the term 'hommer', but if you mean homer then yes, it is just you.

Ok its obviously just me. no problem Edited by scabber

Nicked from Twitter...

C1-rSR3WIAAxEbs.jpg

C1-rUpjXEAAu1Jn.jpg

C1-yB44XAAEM7MT.jpg

Hibs net will watch it on re-wind and claim we haven't paid for the steel and the driver is taking it away

What is it you're getting at exactly?

He thinks it looks like its being done on the cheap like when you get a mate around to do a job rather than pay a professional.

All about opinions i guess but the demolition and everything else looks pretty professional to me.

Check this out! :-)

https://youtu.be/SZuhTT2e3wA

Well done Shaun.

How often do you intend heading down to Tynie to take the drone out?

Might be worth PMing someone on here (you should figure out by his posts) who appears to have sight of the plans as to some potential good days to be there.

24 or 25 January looks to be a good time.  Would you be allowed the drone out when the cranes are lifting the truss in to place?

Well done Shaun.

How often do you intend heading down to Tynie to take the drone out?

Might be worth PMing someone on here (you should figure out by his posts) who appears to have sight of the plans as to some potential good days to be there.

24 or 25 January looks to be a good time. Would you be allowed the drone out when the cranes are lifting the truss in to place?

Sorry guys, I'm not Shaun...but sure he'll be along soon as I've told him I've shared on here. :-)

luckyBatistuta

Thats superb, also recognise the house, just down from the eri

Some great footage...Is that not the Kellogg's house?