New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Yes i agree i know its incredible what some companies get away with in built up areas, because they have been there for years. They spin the old story if they dont get what they want they will close down because its uneconomic to contiue. bingo they virtually get to do what they want.

They'll surely hit a point where it genuinely does become uneconomical to continue. Would like to see the government help relocate them to the edge of the city, like a joint venture similar to Amazon. Would be a win for all, residents health and safety is put first, Jobs get created through construction, space for redevelopment in prime location is opened up (Both for the club and housing), Government get to nail them down long term and the brewery get a new premises.

Let me dream :P

All im saying is i thought everyone loved NBD and hearts had a great relationship....? [emoji23]

And this still stands unless you can say specifically why that isnt the case....are you saying its due to the additional costs ?

RudolfTheKing51

And this still stands unless you can say specifically why that isnt the case....are you saying its due to the additional costs ?

Everyone on here is absolutely raging at NBD and im not really sure why. Its quite funny how peoples opinions change in days

Everyone on here is absolutely raging at NBD and im not really sure why. Its quite funny how peoples opinions change in days

I'm not raging at NBD they have done nothing wrong.im no even raging at the HSE it's the farsical stuff they come up with it's ok to have 17000 people sitting next to these tanks on match days but put a new stand up that's farther away than two stands that are there already, and you have to build a new Berlin wall because there are new regulations in place .They stopped T In the park at kinross because there is an oil pipe line buried deep below it, this is the same pipe line that is below Aberdeen airport madness

Edited by scabber

Hackney Hearts

Would like to see the government help relocate them to the edge of the city,

Non starter - we'd have to get a 50 foot version of one of these :

6356229_orig.jpg?3848429   

DISTILLERY AROMA

The angle of that photo makes it look like the Roseburn truss is being put in place

No, they are actually removing it, so they can start filling in the corners - didn't you know?

High winds and bad weather forecast , will that have much bearing on the progress?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High winds I would imagine seeing it's high level work , cranes etc....

High winds I would imagine seeing it's high level work , cranes etc....

That's what I though (after seeing the lorry getting blown over on the Forth Bridge). But apparently wind is to die down after today, but then possible snow? I'm sure the H&S gurus will be able to answer if it's safe to work or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One person has said that the distillery are not happy with us. I have no inside information but perhaps we need some corroboration of this before we get too excited?

All im saying is i thought everyone loved NBD and hearts had a great relationship....? [emoji23]

The H&S Executive are busting our balls about a wall and it's being discussed between all parties.

That's not even close to what you were saying previously and it's hilarious that you are trying to claim that it corroborates your story.

The other trusses will need painted or this one will look very out of place

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The other roof trusses are the same colour.

Have you ever decided to paint just one of your walls then realised how grubby the others look as a result of a spanking new painted one?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stephen Muddie

They'll surely hit a point where it genuinely does become uneconomical to continue. Would like to see the government help relocate them to the edge of the city, like a joint venture similar to Amazon. Would be a win for all, residents health and safety is put first, Jobs get created through construction, space for redevelopment in prime location is opened up (Both for the club and housing), Government get to nail them down long term and the brewery get a new premises.

I will dream with you brother. That sounds great

Ricardo Quaresma

The chemical works can GTF too

The Wheatfield truss is pink.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Wheatfield truss is pink.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Its so faded these days its as close to white as anything else......

(best pic I could find - few years old given the UKIO / Hummel boards)

tynecastle-1.jpg

RudolfTheKing51

Wonder how much/ how hard it would be to get a team of jet washers to wash the outside of tynecastle? Truss, outer walls. Would look so much better.

Wonder how much/ how hard it would be to get a team of jet washers to wash the outside of tynecastle? Truss, outer walls. Would look so much better.

Agree. It needs some. The back of the Roseburn, when viewed from the Wst Approach Road, is clarty. Wouldn't take a great deal of effort to get a couple of bodies up there with a jet wash but the results would be brilliant.

The back of the Roseburn looks a right state from the Western Approach.

DSC05987.JPG

DSC05988.JPG

I'm not sure what's in the sorriest condition. The Roseburn Stand or my old school canteen.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

Agree. It needs some. The back of the Roseburn, when viewed from the Wst Approach Road, is clarty. Wouldn't take a great deal of effort to get a couple of bodies up there with a jet wash but the results would be brilliant.

The back of the Roseburn looks a right state from the Western Approach.

Noticed this myself driving a long a couple of weeks ago.

Was never this bad before - is it something we used to keep on top of but cut back on or what?

Was never this bad before - is it something we used to keep on top of but cut back on or what?

I don't know, I read somewhere that the angels' share from the distillery contributes though

You'd think they'll be getting a jet wash once the new stand is up. Like a poster said earlier, it's like painting one of your walls in the house then realising what a state the others are in.

Me too, Albert going "what's that?" at the castle :laugh:

And the boy drinking all the greeners and gobbings from the whisky tasting!! :lol:

Did you spot the two ex Dundee United and Rangers players who had cameos?

I don't know, I read somewhere that the angels' share from the distillery contributes though

Might be somethin in that cos the Gorgie stand is in no way that bad...and that's with it being in close proximity to the main road and all the fumes that brings too.

Definitely needs addressed though, and I'm sure it will be.

Edited by Mr Sifter

DSC05987.JPG

DSC05988.JPG

I'm not sure what's in the sorriest condition. The Roseburn Stand or my old school canteen.

That was my "old tuc shop" as well Buff, it does look sorry now

Ann alluded to the fact that to obtain planning permission, we had to reign it in, in terms of capacity and height.......If the stadium is limited to a 20,000 capacity,m.

Was there a reason given as to why Hearts were unable to make the capacity bigger?

kingantti1874

Was there a reason given as to why Hearts were unable to make the capacity bigger?

Planning restrictions, was less likely to pass (certainly within the timeframe) to make it bigger..

As long as we kept at same height there were no major objections

That was my "old tuc shop" as well Buff, it does look sorry now

Half asleep misread the first letter in tuc and thought I really did go yo the wrong school

Edited by brownkg

COST!

No reason publically given as such, but bits and bobs Ann's said gives the impression that height restriction was a factor, probably HSE factors too when considering the large ethanol tanks nearby. We were more likely to get planning permission with 20K. ...and cost factors too probably. I also don't think capacity was the number one priority with this project. Facilities was number one. And my word, they look good.

20K is about right in that we'll keep Tynecastle at the fuller end of full, but personally, I wanted 21K so that we could get 20K+ crowds in again, but perhaps that's more an ego thing.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

Weatfields just as bad in my opinion.

It's not.  Was round there today and there is no staining on the Wheatfield roof cladding whatsoever.

No reason publically given as such, but bits and bobs Ann's said gives the impression that height restriction was a factor, probably HSE factors too when considering the large ethanol tanks nearby. We were more likely to get planning permission with 20K. ...and cost factors too probably. I also don't think capacity was the number one priority with this project. Facilities was number one. And my word, they look good.

20K is about right in that we'll keep Tynecastle at the fuller end of full, but personally, I wanted 21K so that we could get 20K+ crowds in again, but perhaps that's more an ego thing.

Cheers.

Notable that Aberdeen went from 21,000 at Loirston to "up to 20,000" at Kingsford. They've also reduced the height significantly to appease local residents and no doubt to help with planning permission. Loirston was to be 40 rows. Not sure what Kingsford is until we see the plans when they get submitted later this month, but it's to be 17.5 metres high apparently with the roof then adding an extra 4 metres. My guess is about 25 rows, which would be a hell of a drop from 40.

Based by late this morning and 1 guy was busy painting a part of the truss. He better get a move on!

Edited by Stuart Lyon

Jambo, Goodbye

Based by late this morning and 1 guy was busy painting a part of the truss. He better get a move on!

Blackie won't let us down!

Lucille's Thirsty

DSC05987.JPG

DSC05988.JPG

WOW.

That has got much worse since the last time I saw it,surely we wouldn't leave it like that when the new stand goes up.