New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

All roads lead to Gorgie

Look again at the bit I put in bold!

"Too" Must learn to go back over a post before clicking :phface: 

PeterintheRain

Another shout here for seatz plz

I would also like a piece of pillar, a window from the John Robertson lounge, and an emergency gate for my garden

You can purchase a pair of seats from Candlestick Park for a mere $599 plus postage.   There's some serious money to be made if they do this right.

Although I get to see the rpogress at each home game, I really enjoy seeing the pictures being posted.  Keep up the good work, guys.

I take it they'll be putting the truss on this stabiliser things?

Looks like it. The supports look nearly complete, might see the truss segments being placed on top in the next couple days

jamboinglasgow

Looks like it. The supports look nearly complete, might see the truss segments being placed on top in the next couple days

Yup. Looking at the difference between Dannie boy's photos in the morning and Mikey's photos in the evening show all the towers moved or in the process of moving, they have place on supporting foundations secured with supports. There is even a piece of the truss between two towers. I think we will see the first bits welded together tomorrow.

Not much to report this morning, although a foreman has just told me that the top part of the truss will be lifted onto the temporary frame THIS LUNCHTIME[emoji2]. So if anyone's planning a trip down today leave it until then...

0e205d023e039dfda6b16ed6dd1bd694.jpg

https://vimeo.com/199964544

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and whilst I'm down here, I though our overseas posters might like to see a wee picture of Robbos this morning...

985038033bd115da5376ae3308a891a4.jpg

...and whilst I'm down here, I though our overseas posters might like to see a wee picture of Robbos this morning...

Why does this place always seem to fail?

Thanks for all the photos.

Mr Sifter, on 18 Jan 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

Not much to report this morning, although a foreman has just told me that the top part of the truss will be lifted onto the temporary frame THIS LUNCHTIME[emoji2]. So if anyone's planning a trip down today leave it until then...

0e205d023e039dfda6b16ed6dd1bd694.jpg

https://vimeo.com/199964544

:2thumbsup:

Why does this place always seem to fail?

Thanks for all the photos.

Most businesses would fail if they relied on fewer than 30 days a year to make money. I'm not sure what it's level of regular customers but going by what I've seen in stratties on a non football night (3-5 folk nursing pints) it can't be sustainable.

Attempts to turn it into a up market family restaurant failed probably due to ther being not much call for it in Gorgie with Fountain Bridge being so close.

it would make a great steak-house

Cheers - what a damn shame - does anyone know how much they are the looking for it?

BelgeJambo, on 18 Jan 2017 - 1:24 PM, said:BelgeJambo, on 18 Jan 2017 - 1:24 PM, said:

BelgeJambo, on 18 Jan 2017 - 1:24 PM, said:

Cheers - what a damn shame - does anyone know how much they are the looking for it?

250k strange  they are showing a different picture of it on the sellers site

iZ6Nqpp.jpg?1

Edited by hearts007

All roads lead to Gorgie

it would make a great steak-house

Or even a continental style Ale House selling proper beers and lagers. That would be very popular all week not just on match days you would like to think !

Lucille's Thirsty

I've been going to Hearts games at Tynie for about 15 years and I've not once step foot inside that pub so that says a lot TBH.

Jamboelite, on 18 Jan 2017 - 1:46 PM, said:Jamboelite, on 18 Jan 2017 - 1:46 PM, said:

That was how it looked about 6month ago

:2thumbsup:  yep obviously want to use a more appealing picture of it..a bit naughty though

Edited by hearts007

:2thumbsup:  yep obviously want to use a more appealing picture of it..a bit naughty though

Totally I would imagine when they turn up to look at it they will wonder what is going on as the inside is different as well its just open standing areas as opposed to seats apart from the bit at the window.

Anyone spending ?250k is taking a massive gamble.

A Polski pub is what should be in that location.

Good Polish beers, plenty Vodkas and decent Polish comfort food.

Every other type of venture has failed very rapidly. 

maroonlegions

Kickback whip roond then renamed the PHM.  Big FTH banner ootside..  FTH. 

highlandjambo3, on 18 Jan 2017 - 2:07 PM, said:

Back on topic....................

Where is the big erection we were promised thes afternoon? :uhoh2:

:oohmatron:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Back on topic....................

Where is the big erection we were promised thes afternoon? :uhoh2:

Maybe someone has to bump the Milf thread in the shed first :sergioyay: 

station_jambo

Just passed on the train 10 mins ago and two truss pieces have been hoisted on to the supporting frames. Sorry no pic.

Thats nae gid :)

highlandjambo3

Just passed on the train 10 mins ago and two truss pieces have been hoisted on to the supporting frames. Sorry no pic.

Well thats no good..........thats a big fail then........... you need to go back

All roads lead to Gorgie

f7a29b27f8.jpg

f7a2a1cdf6.jpg

I take it the whole length is constructed on the supports and then the crane lifts the completed truss over the old stand and into place. Good progress !

...and whilst I'm down here, I though our overseas posters might like to see a wee picture of Robbos this morning...985038033bd115da5376ae3308a891a4.jpg

sat here in Dubai I can see it's still posting it doon in Georgie, wish I was back..seriously

The Future's Maroon

All systems go!

This next few months are going to be quality, and destroy many a f5 on keyboards everywhere.

Glorious scenes. Can't wait for the truss to be put up above the old stand, it's all coming along nicely. 

Rudolf's Mate

Incredibly proud moments for everyone associated with the club. Regardless of whether you've put pennies or pounds, what an achievement.