New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

I had a look on Google maps, it's in the wrong place, that's more like currie

Yep, by my reckoning Oriam should be behind the Calder flats. Think you can maybe make out part of it just to the left on that photo.

Gene Parmesan

Yes, it must be one of the *other* huge, white arced buildings in the skyline to the west of Edinburgh.

:lol:

The three tower electrical pylons in the field before oriam building are the currie- sighthill feeder line. They run adjacent to riccarton mains road up to currie substation which are in the field opposite Herriot watt ..

The dome you see is huge it covers a pitch the size dimensions of Hampden and you could not hit the roof with a full on goalie kick. If it was directly behind cadre flats it would be at hermiston roughly a mile south of campus pitches and oriam.

Lincon Premier

Drone footage looks great and don't want to put a dampener on it but I am sure you know that flying close to buildings is illegal and could get you jail time. I think the regs are 200 m.? 

...a bit disco

:spoton:

I used to have to walk up the stairs to my mates when I was a little younger in those things because I didn't trust the lifts,I'm pretty sure you'd feel more comfortable in a prison than walking up those stairs.

I got stuck in those lifts when I was a youngster for 5 hours.

Upside was, I was in there with a bursd.

Learned a thing or two that night.

I got stuck in those lifts when I was a youngster for 5 hours.

Upside was, I was in there with a bursd.

Learned a thing or two that night.

'Left alone with big fat ***** ? she was such a naughty nanny ? heap big woman you made a bad boy out of me'

?

Hearts retweeted this pic earlier taken from the castle:

C2Pfqb8WQAI9fNv.jpg

Just noticed the crane testing its reach above the Main Stand ... or is it in fact just a tentacle of the gigantic white domed aliens that are apparently descending on west Edinburgh?

Used to get the heebies if I had to go any higher than the 5th floor of any the 3 high rises in the Calders(Had a paper round).

The place sounded haunting if you stood in the stair well up in the higher floors. Hated using the lift too...it was jump out at the 5th and use the stairs :D

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hearts retweeted this pic earlier taken from the castle:

C2Pfqb8WQAI9fNv.jpg

We should attach a huge banner on the truss saying to tourists " There are too castles worth seeing in Edinburgh, you've seen the first now come to Tynecastle"  :sunny: 

Not sure if it's been covered yet but I was speaking to the security guard on Saturday afternoon and he said that they were getting the biggest crane in the UK up to lift the beams into position on 25/26 January.

Not sure if it's been covered yet but I was speaking to the security guard on Saturday afternoon and he said that they were getting the biggest crane in the UK up to lift the beams into position on 25/26 January.

Be a shame if they dropped it

Ricardo Quaresma

What happened to the tree?

:sob:

Apparently it was cut into pieces which were planted all over Edinburgh to produce more trees

But maybe it went to live on a farm

Maiden Gorgie

Apparently it was cut into pieces which were planted all over Edinburgh to produce more trees

:what:

Massive cranes are ******* awesome. Especially the ones that arrive on about 6 different trucks, and need another crane to put themselves together. 

We should attach a huge banner on the truss saying to tourists " There are too castles worth seeing in Edinburgh, you've seen the first now come to Tynecastle"  :sunny:

We absolutely shouldn't do that!

Maiden Gorgie

Hearts filmed it and let us all witness the tear down. There was a thread about it, a few photos to remember it by

Ah, OK. Must have missed that, cheers.

Maiden Gorgie

Ignore him, this is what happened to them once they were was felled.

cf91a1f6564593c9b1347723da31a158.jpg

Cheers Farin :thumbsup:

edit - would be nice if they could reuse the wood for benches or something - even the new nursery gardens?

Really looking forward the new stand but would love to retain as much of the old stuff as possible.

Edited by Maiden Gorgie

I don't know if its been mentioned, but do the club have plans to sell the old seats (maybe a row of three or four) to the fans? I quite fancy having them as a bench in the garden

I don't know if its been mentioned, but do the club have plans to sell the old seats (maybe a row of three or four) to the fans? I quite fancy having them as a bench in the garden

Surely they can be re used?

Stephen Muddie

Another shout here for seatz plz

I would also like a piece of pillar, a window from the John Robertson lounge, and an emergency gate for my garden

Just something with the logo on it would be sufficient.  Enough to make the tourists ask the guides what it is...

Well, not much to report but a BIG crane is now on site... Looks like mainly prepping for where each of the temp supports are going up. 2973575198273d52dd54dbda3adba5c4.jpg4bcf37c76b84e0adfebb709e29687201.jpg

Thanks, Good to see the progress. 

Allowayjambo1874

I don't know if its been mentioned, but do the club have plans to sell the old seats (maybe a row of three or four) to the fans? I quite fancy having them as a bench in the garden

I agree I would love to get my hands on some seats however given the time constraints are hearts going to have enough time to dismantle the seats, whether to re-use or sell or will it be just a case of demolish as quickly as possible? Genuine question

I agree I would love to get my hands on some seats however given the time constraints are hearts going to have enough time to dismantle the seats, whether to re-use or sell or will it be just a case of demolish as quickly as possible? Genuine question

My seat is fine, don't see a need for it to be replaced. I imagine pretty much all the seats are fine, though the directors ones might get replaced

After thinking about the ill informed comment i made earlier, it was a stupid post to make for which i am sorry

Why are you apologizing ?  No need to justify your comment, after all most business minded folk prefer to do things on the cheap as opposed to paying " top dollar ", look at all your house builders and the estates their creating, cheap and nasty "new builds" made with sub standard materials by sub contracted tradesmen who are chasing the buck.

scott herbertson

Another shout here for seatz plz

I would also like a piece of pillar, a window from the John Robertson lounge, and an emergency gate for my garden

I'd like one of the stone toilets so I can put it in the garden for my kids to use to reclaim my bathroom from them as I am at the stage of having to book an appointment to get in it these days....

It would make sense to use any seats in the main stand at the moment to patch up those god awful seats in the Roseburn.

Building a 'new' stand and filling it with the seats from the old one?!?

Aye ok then :lol:

That will not happen. I'm relatively certain about that.

It would make sense to use any seats in the main stand at the moment to patch up those god awful seats in the Roseburn.

Was just about to post the same thing.

We should definitely do this.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Different size and design I think

People at Cup games etc usually say the main stand seats are smaller

Lucille's Thirsty

That's one of those tiny little factors of Tynie that I despise,those mismatched seats,the G4S segregation banner,those single seats in the gorgie and roseburn maybe I'm being picky but if we get those sorted it would make our stadium more aesthetically pleasing.

That's one of those tiny little factors of Tynie that I despise,those mismatched seats,the G4S segregation banner,those single seats in the gorgie and roseburn maybe I'm being picky but if we get those sorted it would make our stadium more aesthetically pleasing.

How much does a seat cost? Surely can't be that much?

I hate the division banner, white, ugly G4S logo. Surely they could make the sheet maroon - West Ham's divider has their colours on it and it all blends in and looks good.

Best illustrated by this cracker of a photo during their never ending problems in the Olympic ground:

df154b1035.jpg

All roads lead to Gorgie

We absolutely shouldn't do that!

What turn down some :wonga: 

Just something with the logo on it would be sufficient.  Enough to make the tourists ask the guides what it is...

Just make sure the guide is a good Jambo and tells them if they ask the green thing in the other direction is part of the city waste water treatment system :2thumbsup: 

Am just thinking ? the winter break, benign weather and being drawn away in the Cup have provided a great opportunity to get on with some important work.

I hate the division banner, white, ugly G4S logo. Surely they could make the sheet maroon - West Ham's divider has their colours on it and it all blends in and looks good.

Best illustrated by this cracker of a photo during their never ending problems in the Olympic ground:

df154b1035.jpg

I'd second that ? a 100% maroon banner, instead of that awful g4s eyesore.

Just something without a horrendous spelling mistake would do me.

Are those boys up on the pylon waiting for the truss to be lifted into place?

Hope they've got a big piecebox with them.

maroonlegions

Replanted in the "park" near fester road , that drinking watering hole were some Jambos go  when we play the vermin at the San Giro. FTH.