New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Cheers.

Notable that Aberdeen went from 21,000 at Loirston to "up to 20,000" at Kingsford. They've also reduced the height significantly to appease local residents and no doubt to help with planning permission. Loirston was to be 40 rows. Not sure what Kingsford is until we see the plans when they get submitted later this month, but it's to be 17.5 metres high apparently with the roof then adding an extra 4 metres. My guess is about 25 rows, which would be a hell of a drop from 40.

Zzzzz..

Cheers.

Notable that Aberdeen went from 21,000 at Loirston to "up to 20,000" at Kingsford. They've also reduced the height significantly to appease local residents and no doubt to help with planning permission. Loirston was to be 40 rows. Not sure what Kingsford is until we see the plans when they get submitted later this month, but it's to be 17.5 metres high apparently with the roof then adding an extra 4 metres. My guess is about 25 rows, which would be a hell of a drop from 40.

If Aberdeen are building, going by the pics released, a wrap-around stadium then 25 rows seems about right for a 20K stadium. The images also seem to suggest that the stands will be a bit more shallow than Tynecastle, but Tynecastle is about as steep as you'll see anywhere (a nice consequence to being so boxed in by surrounding buildings). 

The capacity figures in these things are always manipulated to sound better than they are. Hearts released a statement not long ago boasting a capacity of "under 21,000" which meant a baw-hair over 20,000 in real terms, and about 19,600 in practical terms once you factor in segregation. 

Edited by Buffalo Bill

I heard this morning that Chelsea have been given permission to build a new stadium. Moneys no object it appears.

Chelsea's new 60,000-seat arena will be one of the world?s premier football stadiums when it opens in 2021, jubilant council leaders said today.

Owner Roman Abramovich?s ?500m rebuild of Stamford Bridge, designed by the team who created Beijing 2008?s lauded Birds? Nest, was given unanimous backing by councillors in Hammersmith and Fulham.

It means the current 41,600 capacity ground will be demolished to be replaced with a state-of-the-art venue, subject to final approval by London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

Blues chairman Bruce Buck was among those to welcome the decision, which the club described as a ?significant step? in its history.

The chemical works can GTF too

Having actually spent some time working for MS there, I can tell you there is a lot more nasty stuff in there than a wee bit of ethanol...

Having actually spent some time working for MS there, I can tell you there is a lot more nasty stuff in there than a wee bit of ethanol...

Such as?

Such as?

Probably not a brilliant idea to state all and sundry on a public forum, as i'm not sure the information is freely available. However, I'll say that the oleum was probably the worst when I was there, no-one was allowed either inside the building or within about 50 ft of the tanker when it was being delivered. Nasty, nasty stuff that you really don't want to be around a leak of. 

I'll follow that up with saying there are, as you would expect, the proper safeguards in place for dealing with that and all the other things that are used on-site there. 

Edited by trotter

Still bearing in mind the HSE guy at the planning hearing said the chances of an incident are so minimal as to be practically zero.

Of course if we have to do more on the wall so be it. Just part of the safety provisions.

.....Tynecastle is about as steep as you'll see anywhere (a nice consequence to being so boxed in by surrounding buildings)....

Tynecastle's three current stands (Wheatfield, Roseburn, and Gorgie) were designed and built as steeply as was permitted at the time. Shortly after, building regulations changed, meaning no one would subsequently be allowed to build such steep stands, and the new old stand (?) wouldn't be able to be an exact match. :thumb:

Sat down here right now, first time tryin to upload pics so hope this works.

Spoke to a foreman there who told me they're still in the process of bringing all the pieces together from the manufacturer (which he told me is a steel works in Motherwell). He said its gonny be another couple of weeks before they're ready to start welding the pieces together.

As I took these pics there were pieces being removed by crane from the back of the transporters.

16ecc253449aada472a489e3b5bd802c.jpg

82ffaaea491b800dfaec7c8f7f3d4c79.jpg

a3cfbea9bd97661ff6675805ddbc134d.jpg

98b3e540c0604e96e741b5e50e344bb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Aberdeen are building, going by the pics released, a wrap-around stadium then 25 rows seems about right for a 20K stadium. The images also seem to suggest that the stands will be a bit more shallow than Tynecastle, but Tynecastle is about as steep as you'll see anywhere (a nice consequence to being so boxed in by surrounding buildings).

The capacity figures in these things are always manipulated to sound better than they are. Hearts released a statement not long ago boasting a capacity of "under 21,000" which meant a baw-hair over 20,000 in real terms, and about 19,600 in practical terms once you factor in segregation.

Yeh the Loirston capacity was 21,000, but was actually just a seating capacity of 20,539 (once executive boxes and wheelchair spaces removed). Then, once media/directors seats/sponsors were taken away the total number of tickets that would have went on sale to fans would have been 18,559.

Impressive fake videos almost as good as the Moon Landing ones.

Anyone following Greenginger and co. realises this is one huge con

Went out and bought 3D glasses when I heard there would be video footage. Feeling cheated now

Probably not a brilliant idea to state all and sundry on a public forum, as i'm not sure the information is freely available. However, I'll say that the oleum was probably the worst when I was there, no-one was allowed either inside the building or within about 50 ft of the tanker when it was being delivered. Nasty, nasty stuff that you really don't want to be around a leak of. 

I'll follow that up with saying there are, as you would expect, the proper safeguards in place for dealing with that and all the other things that are used on-site there. 

Cheers - so basically your post was a wee bit of scaremongering then?  :kirk:

Green ginger, with a little photoshop help, will have the hobbits convinced were shipping in long range missile systems. Clearly not covered by either planning permission, health and safety or any known international arms treaty.

Cheers - so basically your post was a wee bit of scaremongering then?  :kirk:

Ha, wasn't meant to come across like that, more so that ethanol is not the worst thing in our surrounding area. Although I imagine the existing safeguards for that are suitable for the current environment as well ;)

Green ginger, with a little photoshop help, will have the hobbits convinced were shipping in long range missile systems. Clearly not covered by either planning permission, health and safety or any known international arms treaty.

It'll be yon BUK thing that they used to shoot down that plane a while back in disguise. That'll somehow be our fault as well.

DSC05987.JPG

DSC05988.JPG

I'm not sure what's in the sorriest condition. The Roseburn Stand or my old school canteen.

I remember that canteen well the food was crap.

Just watched the Hearts social media video of the truck reversing in with truss parts. That is really bloody impressive! Not just a tight reverse off Gorgie Road with a parked car along the way but the entrance into the site too. Shame the Hearts PR person filming did a shite job and held their phone vertically... 

Edited by kila

There's a video on Facebook from Hearts now of one of the deliveries arriving. Nice bit of reversing from the driver.

Just saw that and i get annoyed when i cant park in a tight space first time.

Spoke to a foreman there who told me they're still in the process of bringing all the pieces together from the manufacturer (which he told me is a steel works in Motherwell). He said its gonny be another couple of weeks before they're ready to start welding the pieces together.

As I took these pics there were pieces being removed by crane from the back of the transporters.

Great pics but is the timescale not a wee bit worrying as I thought we were supposed to be lifting it into place in a couple of weeks.

Great pics but is the timescale not a wee bit worrying as I thought we were supposed to be lifting it into place in a couple of weeks.

12days to be exact.

Guessing it doesnt take long to be welded.

12days to be exact.

Guessing it doesnt take long to be welded.

I think that's only 8 working days unless they have permission to work outside normal hours .Will be well impressed if they can assemble all that steelwork in that timescale.

Mr Brightside

It depends on what the wall is actually for.

1) If it is just for improving/replacing the existing bund walls, then some bricks and mortar will do (quite cheap)

2) If it is for protection from thermal radiation in the event of a fire, then you need to use firebrick or some other refractory material (slightly less cheap)

3) If it is for blast protection then we are talking massive foundations, reinforced concrete and a lot of design work (expensive)

The improvements to the bund wall are for containing the liquid in the tanks. The imporvements need to demonstrate that they contain the force of a catastrophic failure as well as the volumes.

As I took these pics there were pieces being removed by crane from the back of the transporters. 16ecc253449aada472a489e3b5bd802c.jpg82ffaaea491b800dfaec7c8f7f3d4c79.jpga3cfbea9bd97661ff6675805ddbc134d.jpg98b3e540c0604e96e741b5e50e344bb5.jpg

The new goalposts look a bit big.....

No reason publically given as such, but bits and bobs Ann's said gives the impression that height restriction was a factor, probably HSE factors too when considering the large ethanol tanks nearby. We were more likely to get planning permission with 20K. ...and cost factors too probably. I also don't think capacity was the number one priority with this project. Facilities was number one. And my word, they look good.

20K is about right in that we'll keep Tynecastle at the fuller end of full, but personally, I wanted 21K so that we could get 20K+ crowds in again, but perhaps that's more an ego thing.

Last I saw I thought we were aiming for around 20,900 seats. Aren't figs along those lines in the planning/building warrant drawings? Or has it dropped as far as that after tweaks here and there eg dugouts?

Last I saw I thought we were aiming for around 20,900 seats. Aren't figs along those lines in the planning/building warrant drawings? Or has it dropped as far as that after tweaks here and there eg dugouts?

20,099 in total

Debut 4, on 12 Jan 2017 - 8:04 PM, said:Debut 4, on 12 Jan 2017 - 8:04 PM, said:

The new goalposts look a bit big.....

Sammon still wont score :-(

Edited by hearts007

The Natural Order

Not much going on today (was down before the delivery :thumbsdown: ). At least there was a couple of lads out painting the truss parts.

DSC_0005_zpscvhizmpi.jpg

DSC_0103_zpsd07dn2cj.jpg

Is it just me or does the temp nursery look better than the piece of shit we've just bulldozed?

DSC_0094_zpswbggu8ha.jpg

In other stadium news, they appear to have repainted a small section of the Wheatfield concourse floor.

DSC_0101_zpsl7ghfp1n.jpg

Anyone keeping track of how long the steel workers are taking for their breaks?

Well if they have a yellae viz jacket, it'll be breakfast at Greggs for an hour then another 1hour in the bookies at lunchtime and a latte break in the afternoon!!

alwaysthereinspirit

Well if they have a yellae viz jacket, it'll be breakfast at Greggs for an hour then another 1hour in the bookies at lunchtime and a latte break in the afternoon!!

We're over paying them if they have time and money for latte afternoon breaks. :toff:

I can't wait for these welders to start their work.

If these welders were any good, they would not be working at Tynecastle.

Typical kickback, we expect far too much. Honest journeymen, let's get behind then. Moaners gtf.

We're over paying them if they have time and money for latte afternoon breaks. :toff:

They better not start making a mocha-ry of the system