New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Erik said:

Saaaaakes. Logged on for the first time since yesterday lunchtime and saw the thread had jumped up by about 15 pages.......... foolishly assumed this must have meant some kinda 'development', or at least some new pics or something.

More the fool me. Cant believe I just wasted time reading through all of that.

Incidentally, the one thing which springs to mind is one which seems not to have been picked up on - and that's from the quotes from Donkey after his tour last week. I note that he's talking about Phase 2 being ongoing in to the middle of next year / summer time?

Wasn't Phase 2 due for completion in January?!? Or did I imagine that?

Phase 2 includes things like nursery etc which due for completion next June 

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How is it adding "fuel to the fire" when Budge has already confirmed a $2m loan facility?

She said it was an option not that it was being invokedz

56 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Absolutely no chance that JKB represents the feeling off the average Hearts supporter. It represents the needy, attention seekers and trolls. The type of people that nobody gave two seconds notice too a few years back now have to be heard. This is social media as a whole these day unfortunately. 

This. Sad trolls who don't have a life so they have to get their kicks by posting garbage on here to try, and usually succeed, to get a reaction. Please can people stop quoting them and they will soon go away. The many hobos on here are getting more and more desperate as our stadium bears completion.  On another note, I thought a separate thread was set up to moan about the cost of the stand so please stick to the topic of this thread. That includes the Levein haters too

So morning arseholes whats todays focus of panic and nitpicking?

Any chance this could be photos and sensible chat today.....

Edited by Jamboelite

8 hours ago, obua said:

Disenfranchised my a##e,Levein haters will always hate,give up your season ticket.You are supposed to support hearts not go (or not go) to hate Levein .

These so called fans just look for any excuse not to support Hearts. There was those boycotting under Robinson and Romanov, now the Levein haters. You don’t pick the games you go to based on wether the club or team is successful.

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Veracity obviously doubtful as I'm sure it was mentioned on here but with a main contractor the bill would have been £18m, with no guarantee that just because it was a main contractor, September 9th would have been made.  I suppose until the AGM we won't know the new bill and finish date but Ann has said she has added on £2m of costs with the bill now £14m.

The date would have been set as the absolute best case, minimum disruption and yes, I'd say to also protect season to ticket sales.

Non ordering of seats seems a bit bizarre notably so as the  club announced the initial delay was due to weather and this seems a fundamental either an unchecked critical path error or the responsible person not reading up early enough.  Again rumour, but person believed to becresponsible is no longer believed to be at club.  Was that contract simply run down, a 'golden' goodbye payment (i.e to take the blame and not go public) made or a  cost saving restructuring exercise with some duties shared around existing staff and a heck of a lot passed to a new employee?

Taking absolutely everything into account, including the considerable constraints mentioned dozens of times, that many of the critics conveniently ignore, in my opinion it's still one he'll of an achievement to get where we are.

I like your position on the grand scale of our new stand operations. Yes, many of the construction tasks were kept in house and deliberately awarded to trustworthy Hearts minded people. Quality and detail have not been compromised, but millions have been saved allegedly. 

A couple of my friends working on this new build have been extremely complimentary with regard to cost, quality, timescale and raw human effort, the later they say has been inspiring, albeit in an awkward kind of way...yes they're Hobbo's.

Strange world eh?

8 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

:laugh::laugh:

Selkirkhmfc1874

Let's get thread back on track!! From conversation I've just had with someone pretty high up ladder on site game will be on Sunday as planned 

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Chance of one out of two happening (but only if someone has a camera) 

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Let's get thread back on track!! From conversation I've just had with someone pretty high up ladder on site game will be on Sunday as planned 

This is the sort of chat we need.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Is it the guy fixing the last piece of cladding ? :smile:

13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Phase 2 includes things like nursery etc which due for completion next June 

So what (if anything) are we delivering in January now?

I had thought that's when we were expecting to have hospitality available and the stand 'finished' so to speak - is that still the case?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Will further add only fans with tickets for main stand will be allowed there, there will be strictly no access for fans from other stands coming round for a peek

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Erik said:

I had thought that's when we were expecting to have hospitality available and the stand 'finished' so to speak - is that still the case?

Corporate suites , nursery and rooftop etc be last fitted out , that's not clear answer sorry ! Corporate suites should all be finished end January / February 

Edited by Selkirkhmfc1874

Sexton Hardcastle
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Will further add only fans with tickets for main stand will be allowed there, there will be strictly no access for fans from other stands coming round for a peek

Christ. The angry lot from the wheatfield will be up in arms even before kick off.

kind of missed that bunch.

Italian Lambretta
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good

The new main stand is only for PHM

11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Grafting boss, grafting!

11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

For the first couple of games.

It looks brilliant and when you think about what Hearts have achieved, it's pretty remarkable that we've delivered, or will deliver this project, while managing to win one or two football matches along the way.

Proud to be a supporter at the moment.

The corporate suites etc mentioned above are still phase 1 i think. Phase 2 is doing up the existing stands converting the under-croft of Wheatfield when is vacated by ticket office etc.. Also space to be utilized under the Roseburn.  Not to forget the 2 large screen TV's and eventually the hybrid pitch.  

Since it's nearly Christmas the wish list would include to purchase the pitch behind Wheatfield and the ols school yard behind the Roseburn for future expansions of some sort.

Yes not likely I know but I would be quite happy to continue my pavements to FOH for life to make this possible.

What we will have is a stadium that in my opinion is better than our Leith neighbours excellent facility at Easter Road in all but one aspect the size of pitch of which I am envious.

Yes a 24,000 capacity would have been ideal but a successful team will mean season tickets become more desirable in the smaller stadium.

The certificate will be awarded tomorrow or Thursday morning at latest cannot wait to see it on Sunday.

7 hours ago, escobri said:

Better be hotdogs available or me and the wee man will not be attending the game. Mad budge oot

Surely you won't know if there's hotdogs available until you actually attend?

fabienleclerq
14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Surely you won't know if there's hotdogs available until you actually attend?

I'm expecting a club statement with an update of all things rollover before contemplating attending.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I do, we all should, and it's because I care about the club. We're very likely to have a seven figure debt once this is built ffs, debt which will cost us precious money to service let alone pay off. 

All hearts fans are happy that the stand's coming but this "**** the cost" attitude is the one that's wrong IMO

You're right that a 'feck the cost' attitude would be wrong, but at the same time, it's perfectly reasonable to take a relaxed view of the fact that the original budget will be exceeded and the possibility of the club having some debt at the end of the project because of that. The new stand was absolutely needed, and will generate substantial revenue benefits when complete and fully operational. These will be well in excess of the cost of servicing any debt that is incurred. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It seems ray doesn't believe in free speech. 

"Free Speech" only protects you from persecution by the government for airing your views.

It doesn't mean that people have to respectfully listen to and agree with attention seeking trolls.

with free speech comes the right to reply and the right to not listen in the first place.

53 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Noooo!! There's going to be as many on here as upset at that as on .net!!

47 minutes ago, Erik said:

Hospitality suites are due to be complete around January/February I think. I'd imagine they're probably aiming for having them ready for the first home game after the winter break. I believe that's classed as phase 1a.

The nursery is June, and I think the new shop/ticket office is June too. That's phase 2. Not sure if the new changing rooms are in 1a or 2. 

8 hours ago, obua said:

How do we all get a ticket for murrayfield after 5pm on a Friday,like 14k tickets.

There would have to be tickets.  Health and safety requirement.

We're not playing the game at Murrayfield. 

highlandjambo3

I can recall seeing some mention  of a stress test being carried out where a number (large number) of fans would be asked to attend to go through the turnstiles and other bits (or did I just dream that up), anyway, this clearly will not happen now so..............

please, please, please no hiccups on Sunday, the media would love this and take every opportunity to ridicule us, like the construction pictures of a building site about 6 weeks old (they can go pap sh**e at the moon?).

anyway, 5-1 to us FTH.

right, back to work

5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I can recall seeing some mention  of a stress test being carried out where a number (large number) of fans would be asked to attend to go through the turnstiles and other bits (or did I just dream that up), anyway, this clearly will not happen now so..............

please, please, please no hiccups on Sunday, the media would love this and take every opportunity to ridicule us, like the construction pictures of a building site about 6 weeks old (they can go pap sh**e at the moon?).

anyway, 5-1 to us FTH.

right, back to work

This might be what you were thinking of from AB's statement on 27 October.

d) I am going to finish off by talking about the turnstiles and the new access systems. Many of you will have seen the new turnstiles in the Main Stand, surrounded incidentally by 1000’s of bricks from the old stand. We also have a new turnstiles block for away supporters at the Roseburn entrance. A three week period is needed to commission and test all of the new software and I am delighted to say “so far, so good”. Once it is handed over, don’t be surprised to see a request for you to come and help us “stress test” the systems. We may need your help… and if we do go down that route, your reward will be an early glimpse of what’s to come. 

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Absolutely no chance that JKB represents the feeling off the average Hearts supporter. It represents the needy, attention seekers and trolls. The type of people that nobody gave two seconds notice too a few years back now have to be heard. This is social media as a whole these day unfortunately. 

And yet here YOU are, taking a full part in social media on this platfrom, falling into all the traps it has, making assumptions  you cannot possibly have knowledge of and presenting them as FACT and then trolling and judging people you don't know

Edited by Escobar PHM

1 hour ago, Erik said:

It's always worth having a look on the Hearts Website for updates on all things going on at the club. Perhaps this will enlighten you if you care to take the trouble to read it.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6291

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

anyway, 5-1 to us FTH.

right, back to work

Should be plenty of potential candidates for a stress test on this thread........

8 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

I haven't compromised the source.

Hey. I just related what i was told. Its up to others how much value the place on that. You're right though, Waiting till the club announce something either way is the only worthwhile and credible test of whether its going ahead or not

Didn't mean to single you out.

You must admit though this thread is littered with folk who know a friend of a friend who says this that or the next thing. 

Best to ignore the gossip.

Although the Safety Certificate hasn't yet been granted I would be really surprised if this is not granted before Sunday. Really looking forward to taking my seat in the new Main Stand on Sunday.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

She said it was an option not that it was being invokedz

Indeed. Use your common sense though. It will have been utilised.

4 minutes ago, scabber said:

If its such a tight struggle why not just put the game back to next wednesday night and give it another 72 hrs. 

The nature and practice of deadline building projects is to have to pile in resources 'last minute'.

I have noticed this elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Wouldn't it be glorious if the Hearts punters in the new stand were asked to remove the polly bags from their seats...on Sunday.

Brillant souvenir 

16 hours ago, Beats said:

Out of interest who do you think are the Hibs fans on the thread? 

US Maroon & Mellor, just for starters. And ExPatTam too.

Absolutely crawling. 

13 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Wouldn't it be glorious if the Hearts punters in the new stand were asked to remove the polly bags from their seats...on Sunday.

And while they were doing that hold up coloured  cards that had been left on the seats. Cards that read "welcome home"

when displayed.

I suppose with all the uncertainty that is low on the priorities but would have been a nice touch.

25 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

US Maroon & Mellor, just for starters. And ExPatTam too.

Absolutely crawling. 

And me!!!

:silviodamn:

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Excellent news , don't want any riff raff coming round an encroaching on our smugness .....

1 hour ago, jambali said:

Noooo!! There's going to be as many on here as upset at that as on .net!!

Yeah snitch and dumbdricks will be fizzing! 

I can't wait to go home. Tynie will be a cauldron. 

Still dont get it, why others are so interested in what others say about the stand, good or bad,  it stinks of being an insecure little person and craving for that wee pat on the shoulder.  

Everybody Loves Baz!

A friend of mine working on site has just been given drawings for more safety rails required......they've not got the materials on site to make them.

He's saying no chance certificates will be granted. Although he did say that it was only his opinion.