New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

It's times like this I really wish we still had the :vladstupid: smiley.  It would be incredibly relevant for quite a large number of posters. 

Can we just get on with pictures and discussion with a modicum of common sense, and if you want to bitch, moan, troll, or make incessantly banal posts, can you **** off and do it somewhere else? 

Shanks said no
12 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It's times like this I really wish we still had the :vladstupid: smiley.  It would be incredibly relevant for quite a large number of posters. 

Can we just get on with pictures and discussion with a modicum of common sense, and if you want to bitch, moan, troll, or make incessantly banal posts, can you **** off and do it somewhere else? 

Please this

This thread. FFS. Once a good place to visit to see and read about progress and now been ruined by a car crash of moaning, ignorant, ungrateful,  ill informed and even fictitious nonsense.  We're clearly getting there. If it's not ready for this game it will be by the next game, a whole week later and the worst we'll have to do is compensate Thistle for expenses, which will hardly be a King's ransom. As the years pass in our superb new stand, these delays will be a long forgotten footnote.

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

More of my personal money has gone into that new stand than hers. That's the same for every season ticket holder and every FOH contributor.

You do realize that non of your heroic money would count for anything if it was not for Anne?

Midfield Dynamo

What about some updated photo's of the inside of the Stadium/Park please?

All I am reading now is some petty and unnecessary comments.

The new Stand will be ready when it's ready...........calm down.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, SwindonJambo said:

This thread. FFS. Once a good place to visit to see and read about progress and now been ruined by a car crash of moaning, ignorant, ungrateful,  ill informed and even fictitious nonsense.  We're clearly getting there. If it's not ready for this game it will be by the next game, a whole week later and the worst we'll have to do is compensate Thistle for expenses, which will hardly be a King's ransom. As the years pass in our superb new stand, these delays will be a long forgotten footnote.

Common sense. It will never catch on

Walter Bishop

The main concern and reason for any possible postponement is supporter exit. 

I'm hearing they are very confident on site. 

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Others I am going with are travelling from much further away.  So it an extra hassle for them too!  Just wish they would make a decision sooner rather than later.

Let me speak as one of the people you are so concerned about. 

As someone that travels up and down from London most weeks, yes it's frustrating when games get changed for tv at short notice (normally book trains/planes 6-8 weeks in advance) and cancelled/postponed often when my journey has already begun. But do you know what, that's part and parcel of being a football fan, and it's my fault for living 450 miles away. 

Regarding the stand and your faux concern for people like me (which is basically pointless moaning on the verge of trolling as most of your posts are), I support Heart of Midlothian, not for one game, but for my entire life. It's been a rollercoaster for the last 31 years, and i'm sure it will continue to be. If i miss one game, and lose £100 so the club has an amazing stand and is secure for years, I'm not bothered in the slightest. I'm sure most of us feel the same. 

The progress on the stand has been almost miraculous. This seems to be forgotten.Stop whining. If you are that worried about your last minute plans, then do the alternative as you clearly aren't a real fan. Your whining and pointless speculation is almost as annoying as a potential postponement.

Me? If the stand gets the sign off at midnight on Saturday, I'll be at Kings Cross Sunday morning. Because I support HMFC.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

2 hours ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

So he was telling the truth though?

He's a ST holder along with myself so no need for him to lie.

Just passing on some info.

Did I say he was lying - only that you can pick up a whole range of stock steel in Edinburgh.?

4 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

The main concern and reason for any possible postponement is supporter exit. 

I'm hearing they are very confident on site. 

Good to hear

2 hours ago, 7628mm said:

I agree that the work completed in the timeframe has been exceptional. However it would IMHO have been prudent for the club to taken the decision to go for a "more realistic" completion date for the Project.

If all works will not be completed and fully commissioned and available until February 2018, corporate lounges and restricted view seat and the like, it would have made complete sense to play away from Tynecastle for this period. 

On a slightly different note I remember someone saying that the Project manager is a relative of QA. As you know this person very well can you please confirm or deny this for me. Thanking you in advance.

Derek Ferrier of Hardies Ltd is the Project Manager.  He is not related to QA - her brother however is supervising some of the fit-out works.

Everybody Loves Baz!
1 hour ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I too can vouch for this handsome b'stard.

We do need a catch up Buddy. This season I guarantee it.

Everybody Loves Baz!
56 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Can vouch for Colin aswell , 30+ years ago went on same supporters bus ie mayfield and Gorebridge 

Correct !!

5 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

As someone that travels up and down from London most weeks, yes it's frustrating when games get changed for tv at short notice (normally book trains/planes 6-8 weeks in advance) and cancelled/postponed often when my journey has already begun. But do you know what, that's part and parcel of being a football fan, and it's my fault for living 450 miles away. 

Regarding the stand and your faux concern for people like me (which is basically pointless moaning on the verge of trolling as most of your posts are), I support Heart of Midlothian, not for one game, but for my entire life. It's been a rollercoaster for the last 31 years, and i'm sure it will continue to be. If i miss one game, and lose £100 so the club has an amazing stand and is secure for years, I'm not bothered in the slightest. I'm sure most of us feel the same. 

The progress on the stand has been almost miraculous. This seems to be forgotten.Stop whining. If you are that worried about your last minute plans, then do the alternative as you clearly aren't a real fan. Your whining and pointless speculation is almost as annoying as a potential postponement.

Me? If the stand gets the sign off at midnight on Saturday, I'll be at Kings Cross Sunday morning. Because I support HMFC.

bingo

scott herbertson
9 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Excellent post Dj and I’m sure you speak for the vast majority of far travellers, myself included

3 hours ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Don't think you can just pop in to B&Q and walk out with 10 metre lengths of steel, but crack on.

Jesus i wasnt being serious ?

6 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

100% this. That's what we do as Hearts supporters.

The glee and joy from some on here for every minor setback or harm to the club utterly baffles me. They seem to hate the Hearts far more than many Hibees I know.

Mon the good guys here and on site and looking forward to Sunday!

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

He is paid to get the job done on schedule that's why he's Project Manager and on the big bucks.

By the way i think he's done one hell of a job.

One day the real story behind the construction of this stand will all come out.  Until then just believe me the Project Manager has gone over and above his "job" to get this built.

PS how do you know he is on "big bucks"?

2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'm not sure why we ought to be overly grateful to Ann Budge. She isn't paying or risking a single penny of her own money for the stand. That's where the likes of you and I come in. We're paying for it by and large. We are the  'everyone involved' your talking about

Yes its great that she has had the drive and vision and the determination to get it done but lets not paint her as a charitable benefactor pumping millions of her own money into the club for no return. Barring financial mismanagement on a huge scale she'll eventually get much more out of the club than she risked up front.

:stupid_post:

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

One day the real story behind the construction of this stand will all come out.  Until then just believe me the Project Manager has gone over and above his "job" to get this built.

Totally agree with you 

1 hour ago, kila said:

I'll post these two photos again since they quickly got hidden by the pages of posts comparing dick sizes

Old stand photo is mine (cropped), new stand photo taken from the facebook group

IMG_6864.jpg

1414.jpg

And THAT is Ann's legacy!!!

I'm not sure why we ought to be overly grateful to Ann Budge. She isn't paying or risking a single penny of her own money for the stand. That's where the likes of you and I come in. We're paying for it by and large. We are the  'everyone involved' your talking about

Yes its great that she has had the drive and vision and the determination to get it done but lets not paint her as a charitable benefactor pumping millions of her own money into the club for no return. Barring financial mismanagement on a huge scale she'll eventually get much more out of the club than she risked up front.

There is so much wrong with this but clearly as I said earlier just cause you are a Hearts fan doesnt stop you being a *****.

Oh and the £3m from benefactors wouldnt have been coming our way if it wasnt for her. FYI.

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Looking forward to your book ‘A curtain window on the building of the Tynecastle Main stand’. :ninja:

Everybody Loves Baz!
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Did I say he was lying - only that you can pick up a whole range of stock steel in Edinburgh.?

Did I say you did??

It was more in defending myself from arseholes who don't know me from Adam calling me a Hibby.

All I said was, I was talking to my mate this morning via messenger saying folk on the inside, guys like yourself, were saying it was going to be tight but ok, his reply was "Aye but they've no just been handed plans for more railings which we don't even have the steel for"

That's all that was said. You have every right to be defensive of the project as you get some shit from certain posters, but not me.

He's just sent me a load of pics which show it nowhere near ready, but I'm not posting them here.

All I can say is that I trust you, but I also trust him implicitly.

I've also asked him about whether he's in the important areas that need to be signed off first or if he's up on the higher floors.

3 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

I think this is most peoples source of angst on the project. The time scale first put out there was simply not viable. All this shite would have been avoided if they had been more realistic about the time scales and made a decent ground share arrangement for the first half of the season.(or the second half of last season) Its not even hindsight. It just wasn't do-able and I suspect they knew that from the kick off. Problem being of course that they needed the ST money in the bank and they simply wouldn't have sold nearly as many had folk been truly appraised of how long the stand was going to actually take to complete. I can understand why the club did it in some ways, but the paying fan base has been used a bit here IMO.

You don't have much faith in the Hearts support if you think a sizable amount of people only bought STs because of the new stand.

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

There is so much wrong with this but clearly as I said earlier just cause you are a Hearts fan doesnt stop you being a *****.

Oh and the £3m from benefactors wouldnt have been coming our way if it wasnt for her. FYI.

It might even BE her!

More of my personal money has gone into that new stand than hers. That's the same for every season ticket holder and every FOH contributor.

Deary me....................

3 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Did I say you did??

It was more in defending myself from arseholes who don't know me from Adam calling me a Hibby.

All I said was, I was talking to my mate this morning via messenger saying folk on the inside, guys like yourself, were saying it was going to be tight but ok, his reply was "Aye but they've no just been handed plans for more railings which we don't even have the steel for"

That's all that was said. You have every right to be defensive of the project as you get some shit from certain posters, but not me.

He's just sent me a load of pics which show it nowhere near ready, but I'm not posting them here.

I've also asked him about whether he's in the important areas that need to be signed off first or if he's up on the higher floors.

Aw, post the photos!

:wub:

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

He is paid to get the job done on schedule that's why he's Project Manager and on the big bucks.

By the way i think he's done one hell of a job.

If any of the projects I've worked on missed multiple revised deadlines I'd be over the coal and possibly out the door.

Hitting or missing the deadline tends to be the measurement of success of a project manager so he's absolutely right that if he misses it he'll be deemed at idiot...equally if he makes it he'll be a hero.

Personally I wish him every success in making it in time as it sounds as if he was given a lot of unrealistic deadlines and has done a power of work to hit them. Fingers crossed for hero status!!

King Of The Cat Cafe
23 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

That goes for me also, but it would be good to know in advance whether or not I have to get out of bed at 5am on Sunday. :)  

5 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Did I say you did??

Peace brother.

I can confirm that various steel barriers require to be installed to get a safety certificate.

station_jambo
6 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Did I say you did??

Awww man you have to post the pics

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

And THAT is Ann's legacy!!!

The old saying goes "aim for the stars and you might hit the moon".

It's obvious to everyone that Ann was slightly too ambitious with aspects of this project. The Sept 9th date was just too tight. We all know that now, and if you predicted it in advance, well done you.

But 4 games at Murrayfield & a wee bit of uncertainty is a minuscule price to pay for what we are about to get.

I would sooner have someone with ambition and drive and determination who falls just short of her own high ambitions.

There were a few bumps in the road when she took over the club, but she got there.

There have been a few bumps in the road with the new stand, but we'll get there. 

And when it's over, she'll turn her focus on to something else hugely ambitious and whatever it is, she'll achieve it again, despite any setbacks which will inevitably occur.

I can't wait to see what it is. 

station_jambo
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Peace brother.

I can confirm that various steel barriers require to be installed to get a safety certificate.

Are the safety barriers required the ones that are above the exit / entrance tunnels to the concourse like we have in the other stands to prevent anyone falling 10ft if they trip down the stairs

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If any of the projects I've worked on missed multiple revised deadlines I'd be over the coal and possibly out the door.

Hitting or missing the deadline tends to be the measurement of success of a project manager so he's absolutely right that if he misses it he'll be deemed at idiot...equally if he makes it he'll be a hero.

Personally I wish him every success in making it in time as it sounds as if he was given a lot of unrealistic deadlines and has done a power of work to hit them. Fingers crossed for hero status!!

Those who do not have a clue regarding the building process of this project will indeed brand the PM an idiot........those who have been heavily involved in the project on a day to day basis will brand him a hero - regardless if he makes the date or not.

So many hysterical wee girls on here, how do you even make it through a day in life without having a break down? :laugh:

The stand will be ready (at some point) just relax and enjoy the progress.

2 minutes ago, station_jambo said:

Are the safety barriers required the ones that are above the exit / entrance tunnels to the concourse like we have in the other stands to prevent anyone falling 10ft if they trip down the stairs

Yes - among some others.

21 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Excellent post DJ and I fully concur. I only make a handful of games a season as I usually make a weekend of it, staying with family in my (long ago!) home town of ...Hamilton. When I travel in from Hamilton on matchday, I don't give the 40 mile train journey the slightest thought.  I once travelled up for a weekend, around an away game at Fir Park, and it was postponed about an hour before kickoff due to a waterlogged pitch. Tough.  That's the lot of a football fan. Still enjoyed the rest of my weekend.

Everybody Loves Baz!
7 minutes ago, kila said:

Aw, post the photos!

:wub:

You don't want to see.

I've sent them on to mate on here to confirm the situation.

10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Hibs fan on Twitter claims he's heard the game is off on Sunday.

Well, we might as well pack up and go home.

Can't exactly go home if the game is off :whistling:

Just now, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

You don't want to see.

Why unless they have started ripping stuff out we already know what the internals look like.

1 minute ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

You don't want to see.

It's alright, I've a strong stomach

Quite happy for the game to be postponed. I am in Spain and gave my tickets for the new stand to a friend. ?

Ps will be back

late Sunday evening 

Edited by Deek

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Building projects have unique challenges