New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

1 hour ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I dont believe for one second that Ann wants out, as I see her as having thicker skin and more of a backbone than that.

If she did, however, then she wasnt suited to the role at all. Lets be honest, the criticism she has received has been very mild, in football fans context. 

And what do you think that says about your concept of football fans??

Mrs Budge was at a stage of her life when she may well feel she does not need this. She has made some errors but some of the guff I have seen on this and other threads!! Including comments about the safety of her investment. You would struggle to find a duffer place to invest money than in Scottish football. Life is too short and Denmark have scored twice while I have wasted time with this, at times, very ungrateful and ill informed thread.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Because the asset value has not increased by one single penny by building a new stand.

Why are we building it then?

Most people involved in the project would agree the scale of work involved,and the time scale were always going to be difficult,now is the time we need to stick together and get it over the line.I know it’s not ideal but all this bickering on here only gives trolls and hibs fans,also Glasgow media more ammunition to have a pop at us.Now is not the best time for recriminations.

4 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

She deservedly received praise for that, and will forever hold a very, very special place in our history.

That does not, however, make her immune from any criticism when she does not perform quite so well. Like now. 

I heard that when she was given a screwdriver and a hammer she didn't even know which end to hold them.

Just crawled past the new stand on the train from Manchester, watching the magnificent new structure lit up in all its glory!!!

It looks incredible and I don't care if it's Sunday or sometime in February, what a magnificent step forward for our great club!!!

FTH and all sat in her pishy keel!!!

1 hour ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

This is often brought up when anybody criticises Ann, and it is actually sexist to use it.

I view how anybody does their job upon their performance, they get no special bonus points for being white/black, protestant/catholic/whatever, Scottish/foreign, male/female or anything else. 

Except Jamie Walker.....

1 minute ago, deejtee said:

And what do you think that says about your concept of football fans??

Mrs Budge was at a stage of her life when she may well feel she does not need this. She has made some errors but some of the guff I have seen on this and other threads!! Including comments about the safety of her investment. You would struggle to find a duffer place to invest money than in Scottish football. Life is too short and Denmark have scored twice while I have wasted time with this, at times, very ungrateful and ill informed thread.

Errors deserve criticism, no? It is us, ultimately, who are paying for it, so when errors are made, why shouldnt we criticise? 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Why are we building it then?

You're not as daft as that surely?

If in the event you describe AB has to sell to get her money back, it will not fetch one penny more in the market. It will be knocked down for flats al la pieman.

43 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Thomaso, that is unbelievable about how Ann is now beginning to feel. 

A thankless task.

Just like yourself and the other posters that have being providing invaluable progress updates and cracking photos of the CONSTRUCTION of the new Main Stand.

It's just a massive disappointment  that we have had so many folk nitpicking on any subject and very eager to criticise the club.

Their non-supportive posts have given a feeling more akin to this being a destructive rather than a constructive achievement by our club and all our supporters.

Well said.

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Except Jamie Walker.....

Our most talented player, and someone who I have watched develop into a top class player throughout the years, does deserve a little leeway, granted. 

It isnt because he is male, though. 

2 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

So noone should criticise Ann ever, no matter what? I disagree. 

I didn’t say that. I did say that the new stand deadlines were rather ridiculous and she’s certainly made a rod for her own back there. She’s far too trusting of Levein too. But the tone of much of the criticism on here is disturbing.

The latest multiple pages of pant wetting on here concerns the possible postponement of s single fixture with rhe worst likely to happen being compensating the oppo for out of pocket expenses. There’s no doubt it’s very close and will be ready for the next fixture after that.

17 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Try telling that to the absolute roasters on here.

Would make no difference to them to be honest. ungrateful and short sighted doesn’t come close

kingantti1874

Our most talented player, and someone who I have watched develop into a top class player throughout the years, does deserve a little leeway, granted. 

It isnt because he is male, though. 

More than Ann budge. A guy who's actively an doublicly whored himself to those West Coast wanks. A guy who will most likely sign a pre contract with them in a few weeks time.. Bizarre 

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

I didn’t say that. I did say that the new stand deadlines were rather ridiculous and she’s certainly made a rod for her own back there. She’s far too trusting of Levein too. But the tone of much of the criticism on here is disturbing.

The latest multiple pages of pant wetting on here concerns the possible postponement of s single fixture with rhe worst likely to happen being compensating the oppo for out of pocket expenses. There’s no doubt it’s very close and will be ready for the next fixture after that.

I agree: read my earlier post on here earlier and I said the same. If it isnt Sunday, then it will be the next fixture.

Watching the STV news report reminded me of when there was a risk of fixtures not taking place previously, that did put it into context for me, this is nothing compared to then. 

6 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Errors deserve criticism, no? It is us, ultimately, who are paying for it, so when errors are made, why shouldnt we criticise? 

Why should we go out of our way to criticise ? That would make you a miserable arse hole would it not. Not everyone lives like a coiled spring ready to pounce on any little problem wether it exists or not. We done hearts and well done Ann for achieving something that we were told couldn't happen. I couldn't care less if it's late again.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

More than Ann budge. A guy who's actively an doublicly whored himself to those West Coast wanks. A guy who will most likely sign a pre contract with them in a few weeks time.. Bizarre 

An argument for a different thread. I disagree. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Why should we go out of our way to criticise ? That would make you a miserable arse hole would it not. Not everyone lives like a coiled spring ready to pounce on any little problem wether it exists or not. We done hearts and well done Ann for achieving something that we were told couldn't happen. I couldn't care less if it's late again.

And (significantly) over budget. Cool. 

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Saved me typing this thanks

Built a stand with no significant debt. Not many could say that. So yeah pretty cool and a huge achievement .

1 minute ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I think everyone forgets the reason we are building in house as it were.Quotes were closer to 20 million for the build and we would have been away from tynecastle for a year if I recall correctly.

8 hours ago, JamboECW said:

Doesn't look like there is that much to do, steps in place for emergency use all seats in place. The cladding will be in place by today and we also know judging by last nights switch on the electricity is ready to go.  Some tarmac and fencing required which will be easily achievable by the end of the week. Have seen projects go to the wire but I am willing to wager the Hearts will confirm by Thursday at the latest we are good to go.

Don't mention the emergency lighting because it is probably already in place and if not could be done in a day as the hospitality suite areas are still not ready for use so it isn't required there just yet.

The club are also still selling tickets for Sunday which they wouldn't do if the game was in doubt.

3 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

If true, why have hearts not released a statement yet?!  

No idea mate. I don't know who at the club said this or what their role is, but my supervisor was told that from whoever deals with our work.

Tokyo Drifter
26 minutes ago, Shrekeo said:

Just crawled past the new stand on the train from Manchester, watching the magnificent new structure lit up in all its glory!!!

It looks incredible and I don't care if it's Sunday or sometime in February, what a magnificent step forward for our great club!!!

FTH and all sat in her pishy keel!!!

Pishy keel? Love it :-}

Hope she doesn't read this  (and other) thread .

What has she done wrong ? 

Put a massive project in place which will enhance our club for decades to come . 

Yes the timescale was overly ambitious but it wasn't impossible . Yes we are over budget , anybody shocked (or even commenting) on that needs help .

Of course she put the best spin on things to sell STs that's part of her job !

Were all these so called  supporters on here not going to renew because the new stand might be late ? Strange supporters indeed .

Seriously? Some so called Hearts supporters need to give it a f*****g rest. Never mind eh lads - you'll soon be back at Tynie booing the team, criticising the management, moaning about the quality of the construction of the stand etc etc etc etc.  Use your energy to get behind the club. The club which nearly ceased to exist a few short years ago. GET REAL!

1 minute ago, Lightbulb said:

Seriously? Some so called Hearts supporters need to give it a f*****g rest. Never mind eh lads - you'll soon be back at Tynie booing the team, criticising the management, moaning about the quality of the construction of the stand etc etc etc etc.  Use your energy to get behind the club. The club which nearly ceased to exist a few short years ago. GET REAL!

WE DESERVE AND DEMAND MORE MORE MORE MORE.

9 minutes ago, obua said:

I think everyone forgets the reason we are building in house as it were.Quotes were closer to 20 million for the build and we would have been away from tynecastle for a year if I recall correctly.

Been having a trawl back through some of this thread and found this video again. The amount of work to get this stand up is (for me) mind boggling.  Obua do you have any idea the number of man hours it’s taken to get to the end of planes 1 (almost)?

I stated  earlier today clearance will be given probably by Thursday night and stand bye that still. in fact even more sure having watched developments today. Very sad though that supports forums are taken over by non Hearts fans mischief making (being polite). Posted on Hibs paper thread once to congratulate them on winning cup(sometimes regret this), but how pathetic they are. If your a true Hearts fan then you must be bonkers to criticize Ann Budge, just now. Buying season tickets etc even if timescales were unrealistic helps the club and so i don't care. From near death to a cracking stadium and given time with the increased income a better team, i will take that. 

Captain Canada

Heard tonight that there's an issue with getting fire alarms working properly so these need to be sorted before any certificate can be issued.

No idea if it's true or not, but decided just to share it. 

7 minutes ago, Lightbulb said:

A pint for this man please. Tremendous words

21 minutes ago, kila said:

Comparing my photo of the old stand with Tom Lamb's one from the new stand facebook group

IMG_6864.thumb.jpg.a777f7f517b92be3bdd402356775666a.jpg

1414.jpg.d750534359713e959636244f61416203.jpg

Fantastic photos , thanks

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Less than 10% over budget. Not bad, not bad all given he improvements to the design through the process.  

9 minutes ago, StanLaurel said:

Heard tonight that there's an issue with getting fire alarms working properly so these need to be sorted before any certificate can be issued.

Did someone not post earlier that fire alarms , pa, emergency lighting etc had all "passed" ?

Edited by Gambo

Am I missing something. Even if the Stand is not ready why can't we play the match at tynie?

some season ticket holders will miss out but they could be compensated a free cup game or something.

I for one think it will be ready to go by Sunday.

1 minute ago, Rents said:

Am I missing something. Even if the Stand is not ready why can't we play the match at tynie?

some season ticket holders will miss out but they could be compensated a free cup game or something.

Yes, you missed the fact that only 2 stands could be used right now.

Footballfirst

I was told that the club was given a list of 37 things that needed to be done before the stand would be signed off for use. Many of them are minor, but I suspect that there will be one or two that may still be causing concern.

Edited by Footballfirst

Just now, Rents said:

How would we decide on who misses on our first game back?

if we cannot accommodate all season ticket holders, for whatever reason, we should not be playing at Tynecastle on Sunday. 

10 minutes ago, StanLaurel said:

Shouldn't have scrimped and went wit T Clarke then! ?

Howdy Doody Jambo
12 minutes ago, StanLaurel said:

Well i hope we need to call 999 on Sunday because our team is on fire banging some goals in

StanLsurel that sounds like another fine mess, we've got time to sort it out stop  worrying 

Edited by Old Castle Rock