New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

She's ponied up to provide the capital - with business there's ALWAYS a risk.

Theres much more profitable and less risky investments than a ****ing Scottish football club as well! 

5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Why on gods earth would she want to or be expected to pump millions of her own money into the club for no return?

Are you mad?

She wasn't expected to. She hasn't pumped millions, in fact she hasn't pumped anything at all, into the new stand project (the club yes, the stand no). She'd be mad if she did.

Not sure what your problem is with me mentioning it to folk who think she's god almighty emptying her purse on the table so we have a nice new stand to watch the team from.

Edited by Escobar PHM

9 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

very true

this is really annoying for those of us who want to plan ahead for the weekend.

Has anyone heard any more updates today?

How hard is it to arrange or cancel travel arrangements from Hamilton? Personally I’d rather they took it to the wire to give it the best chance to be on. 

7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'm not sure why we ought to be overly grateful to Ann Budge. She isn't paying or risking a single penny of her own money for the stand. That's where the likes of you and I come in. We're paying for it by and large. We are the  'everyone involved' your talking about

Yes its great that she has had the drive and vision and the determination to get it done but lets not paint her as a charitable benefactor pumping millions of her own money into the club for no return. Barring financial mismanagement on a huge scale she'll eventually get much more out of the club than she risked up front.

How do you work that one out then Einstein?

7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'm not sure why we ought to be overly grateful to Ann Budge. She isn't paying or risking a single penny of her own money for the stand. That's where the likes of you and I come in. We're paying for it by and large. We are the  'everyone involved' your talking about

Yes its great that she has had the drive and vision and the determination to get it done but lets not paint her as a charitable benefactor pumping millions of her own money into the club for no return. Barring financial mismanagement on a huge scale she'll eventually get much more out of the club than she risked up front.

Wow. Such stupidity in a single post!

She's saving the club a sum well into 6 figures every year by doing the chairman and CEO jobs for free FFS!

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Wow. Such stupidity in a single post!

She's saving the club a sum well into 6 figures every year by doing the chairman and CEO jobs for free FFS!

Don't be so damn naive.

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

She wasn't expected to. She hasn't pumped millions, in fact she hasn't pumped anything at al,l into the new stand project (the club yes, the stand no). She'd be mad if she did.

Not sure what your problem is with me mentioning it to folk who think she's god almighty emptying her purse on the table so we have a nice new stand to watch the team from.

Lets just leave it there. Your contribution has been greater.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How hard is it to arrange or cancel travel arrangements from Hamilton? Personally I’d rather they took it to the wire to give it the best chance to be on. 

You are correct about the Hamilton guy but what about the people coming up from down south? Is that really fair to wait until the last minute?

Everybody Loves Baz!
8 minutes ago, Beats said:

I can vouch for you.

Sold you a ticket years and met you in the BMC.

This calling everyone Hibs fans is getting a bit much now. 

Muchos Gracias.

I can take being called most things but not that.

Although I haven't seen anyone vouch for Des yet??

10 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

At what point did I paint her as charitable?

Bottom line as Bryan Jackson said she bridged and continues to bridge the finance to get us where we were when no one else frontsed the money. She’s shown leadership, vision and given up huge chunks of her time/retirement to get involved and make this happen. I am grateful to her and as I said everyone involved. Your focus on her is maybe telling. 

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

Lets just leave it there. Your contribution has been greater.

More of my personal money has gone into that new stand than hers. That's the same for every season ticket holder and every FOH contributor.

King Of The Cat Cafe
12 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I know my memory can be pretty woeful at times, but I do not recall there was a lengthy queue of benefactors ready to help when liquidation was a real possibility a few years ago...

15 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

very true

Won’t somebody please think of the children. ?

August Landmesser
16 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

We have thousands of FoH contributors.

We have had hundreds of people working their hoop off on this project.

We set the tightest deadline possible.

We took a hit playing games away and at Murrayfield.

Yet, a maximum of 12 posters on here just greet their tits off and the media take them as the majority opinion, and of those dozen, a percentage are Hobo's, live abroad or don't even go to ANY games, they just quote Michael Stewart.

I'm over the frickin' moon how things have progressed and totally proud of where we are.

You've saved me typing basically  the same thing

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

More of my personal money has gone into that new stand than hers. That's the same for every season ticket holder and every FOH contributor.

Seriously?

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

How do you know AB isn't an FOH contributor, out of interest? 

Complete rubbish being spouted on this thread. Been absolutely ruined by a few ****wits in the last couple of days.

Just now, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I know my memory can be pretty woeful at times, but I do not recall there was a lengthy queue of benefactors ready to help when liquidation was a real possibility a few years ago...

We're talking about the new stand mate

letsalldothebeattie

The club is in a no win situation with regards calling the game off if it comes to that. Let it go down to the wire only to cancel it at short notice and anger those who’ve made arrangements by train/bus etc and even more so Partick Thistle and there fans. Or cancel it now and anger everyone and have everyone moaning that more time would see it done etc. 

To me if the games goes ahead on Sunday great I’m happy and can’t wait to sit in my new seat in the new stand. But if it’s to be postponed due to the stand not being ready I’m fine with that because I’d rather it be fully ready and have the club not risk supporter safety by rushing to get the game on 

5 minutes ago, Beats said:

You are correct about the Hamilton guy but what about the people coming up from down south? Is that really fair to wait until the last minute?

Given they probably booked flights and trains weeks ago it’s likely to be a moot point. I was speaking personally but these guys do already get hassle when matches are cancelled and rescheduled. 

Stay near to Tynecastle is my advice. ?

Hahaha one of the most embarrassing posts in the history of JKB.

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Ann Budge remains a season ticket holder and FOH contributor. You got access to how much?

We get it - healthy to doubt and question leaders. 

How do you know that as a fact?

1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Yeah. 

6 minutes ago, Beats said:

Yes.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Others I am going with are travelling from much further away.  So it an extra hassle for them too!  Just wish they would make a decision sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ann Budge remains a season ticket holder and FOH contributor. You got access to how much?

We get it - healthy to doubt and question leaders. 

She may well have contributed as a ST holder and FOH contributor. Just like 14,000 and 8,000 others respectively.

Edited by Escobar PHM

19 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

very true

Christ, you still banging on about your plans.

Try this:

Option 1 - Assume game is on and make plans

Option 2 - Assume game is off and make plans

You'd think you were travelling from Hawaii FFS.

We're talking about the new stand mate

You're talking about FoH contributions and questioning Ann Budge's contribution to Hearts 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

And while they were doing that hold up coloured  cards that had been left on the seats. Cards that read "welcome home"

when displayed.

I suppose with all the uncertainty that is low on the priorities but would have been a nice touch.

I can't believe a good poster like you would miss the opportunity to suggest......

1 - 5 Never Let Them Forget

I will leave the other obvious 3 letter suggestion to jonno or Morgan to suggest in their usual style:thumbsup:

Pfft...."Welcome Home", all that has done has got me humming the tune from the 60s/70s & I still can't remember who sang it:teehee:

THANKS to all the guys still on site grafting hard to get the required certificates to get the game played on Sunday at Tynecastle Park

Looking forward to seeing the latest pictures especially from Roseburn end & the last of te seats being installed.

No doubt Mr Sifter will have a fare needing a tour of McLeod Street to enhance his visit to Edinburgh or kila will be on his usual detour later to oblige!! Only problem I'm about to go out for lunch/drinks for a few hours, so will miss the evidence when posted:smile:

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

You're talking about FoH contributions and questioning Ann Budge's contribution to Hearts 

I am questioning her personal financial contribution to the new stand, not her contribution to Hearts, which of course has been enormous, both in terms of time and money.

She may well have contributed as a ST holder and FOH contributor. Just like 14,000 and 8,000 others respectively.

So how do you know you've contributed more?

Do you have the figures? 

Who do you want instead? And what would be a reasonable salary?

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Hahaha one of the most embarrassing posts in the history of JKB.

Agreed. Tragic.

I am questioning her personal financial contribution to the new stand, not her contribution to Hearts, which of course has been enormous, both in terms of time and money.

But you said you contribute more?

What are the figures?

4 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Christ, you still banging on about your plans.

Try this:

Option 1 - Assume game is on and make plans

Option 2 - Assume game is off and make plans

You'd think you were travelling from Hawaii FFS.

Jambo in Hawaii sounds more romantic. Get it changed, Hammy !

Fultons Right Leg
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Really!? You typed that out and still wanted to post it after reading it back?

Wow.

2 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Another day closer to the biggest and best football stand in Edinburgh. 

Are we deid yet?

How dare you!!!

Easter Road has 3 more seats in it!

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But you said you contribute more?

What are the figures?

Since joining here in 2015 his contributions to any of the fundraising schemes on here is £0.

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

She may well have contributed as a ST holder and FOH contributor. 

She may well have contributed as a benefactor too.

11 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Still waiting for you to prove that?

Just now, Rudolf said:

Since joining here in 2015 his contributions to any of the fundraising schemes on here is £0.

So? Me too. I prefer not to deal with intermediaries, and no offence intended to the owner/s, but I don't know them from Adam. 

We have a ready made scheme for fans to put their money into which is accountable and set up with the sole purpose of helping the club, so I don't see what a lack of jkb contributions proves

16 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

You haven't the faintest idea how much she's put in. 

Pathetic comments.