New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

2 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

I like your position on the grand scale of our new stand operations. Yes, many of the construction tasks were kept in house and deliberately awarded to trustworthy Hearts minded people. Quality and detail have not been compromised, but millions have been saved allegedly. 

A couple of my friends working on this new build have been extremely complimentary with regard to cost, quality, timescale and raw human effort, the later they say has been inspiring, albeit in an awkward kind of way...yes they're Hobbo's.

Strange world eh?

Around 6 months ago the old stand was still there, the out buildings had just been demolished, and the site looked like the aftermath of a WW1 battle.

To get where we are today in that short period of time is bordering on a miracle - ask any qualified person in the construction industry.

I read all sort of criticism of the Project Manager on here from people who have no idea what he has had to put up with, and what he has achieved - frankly he deserves a medal.

As he said to me yesterday - after all the blood sweat and tears, if he misses getting the certificate by an hour he is an Idiot - if he gets the certificate by an hour he is a hero!!

1 minute ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

A friend of mine working on site has just been given drawings for more safety rails required......they've not got the materials on site to make them.

He's saying no chance certificates will be granted. Although he did say that it was only his opinion.

Hahahahhahahahahaha

nice try 

6 minutes ago, samcdonald22 said:

Still dont get it, why others are so interested in what others say about the stand, good or bad,  it stinks of being an insecure little person and craving for that wee pat on the shoulder.  

:orly?:

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Around 6 months ago the old stand was still there, the out buildings had just been demolished, and the site looked like the aftermath of a WW1 battle.

To get where we are today in that short period of time is bordering on a miracle - ask any qualified person in the construction industry.

I read all sort of criticism of the Project Manager on here from people who have no idea what he has had to put up with, and what he has achieved - frankly he deserves a medal.

As he said to me yesterday - after all the blood sweat and tears, if he misses getting the certificate by an hour he is an Idiot - if he gets the certificate by an hour he is a hero!!

Excellent post 

Everybody Loves Baz!
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Hahahahhahahahahaha

nice try 

I'm sure one of the more trusted members on here may be able to clarify it.

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Let's get thread back on track!! From conversation I've just had with someone pretty high up ladder on site game will be on Sunday as planned 

There's one of your first HSE issues right there. Working of ladders in this day and age is strictly taboo. I hope Ann get up in a cherry picker and gets him off it before the inspection!!

5 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

A friend of mine working on site has just been given drawings for more safety rails required......they've not got the materials on site to make them.

He's saying no chance certificates will be granted. Although he did say that it was only his opinion.

Amazon Prime 

6 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Dont take this the wrong way but they can get materials for a safety rail before Sunday.

B&Q is open ffs.

Edited by Jamboelite

Everybody Loves Baz!
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Perhaps it has, perhaps only some of it and yes maybe all who knows however th

Do t take this the wrong way but they can get materials for a safety rail before Sunday.

B&Q is open ffs.

Don't think you can just pop in to B&Q and walk out with 10 metre lengths of steel, but crack on.

1 minute ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Don't think you can just pop in to B&Q and walk out with 10 metre lengths of steel, but crack on.

You can however pick it up from an Edinburgh steel stock holder

14 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Excellent news , don't want any riff raff coming round an encroaching on our smugness .....

I envy you and you're smugness, blinding sunshine might also obscure the potential pish on the park. ;)

All in jest fellow Jambos, all in jest!

2 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Well actually you can

But we'll get the materials no problem 

Don't worry

I think this is most peoples source of angst on the project. The time scale first put out there was simply not viable. All this shite would have been avoided if they had been more realistic about the time scales and made a decent ground share arrangement for the first half of the season.(or the second half of last season) Its not even hindsight. It just wasn't do-able and I suspect they knew that from the kick off. Problem being of course that they needed the ST money in the bank and they simply wouldn't have sold nearly as many had folk been truly appraised of how long the stand was going to actually take to complete. I can understand why the club did it in some ways, but the paying fan base has been used a bit here IMO.

Everybody Loves Baz!

You can however pick it up from an Edinburgh steel stock holder

So he was telling the truth though?

He's a ST holder along with myself so no need for him to lie.

Just passing on some info.

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

I think this is most peoples source of angst on the project. The time scale first put out there was simply not viable. All this shite would have been avoided if they had been more realistic about the time scales and made a decent ground share arrangement for the first half of the season.(or the second half of last season) Its not even hindsight. It just wasn't do-able and I suspect they knew that from the kick off. Problem being of course that they needed the ST money in the bank and they simply wouldn't have sold nearly as many had folk been truly appraised of how long the stand was going to actually take to complete. I can understand why the club did it in some ways, but the paying fan base has been used a bit here IMO.

I think its more that Ann Budge sets challenging targets for projects.

Your implication that Hearts are fleecing or somehow misleading fans is quite an accusation. 

I think the issue there ie a tendency not to be totally open which is a reflection of someone that likes to in control. But the intention was to open on 9 September. 

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Anyone got any pics from last night with the lights on?

I have, but I don't think the mrs would let me put them on here

:ruiner:

3 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Another factor on building projects is most individual workers don't know everything about how the project is run or indeed what happens on building projects.

Cogs

If it's late it's late.

Just had to listen to absolute bitter shite from 2 scaffolders about it.

I asked them how many jobs had they been on that had ran late or close to the wire.

That's no the point they said.

Anyone who wanted that mob to beat Rangers in that final should hang their heads in shame.

Bitter obsessed fuds.

2 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Aye at Easter Road. 

I remember when Man City played their first game at the Etihad, they laid out 20/30,000 (?) free scarves on the seats. I wonder if we have any plans like that for Sunday ....

6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Most people's source of angst with the main stand project is struggling with bad results and not liking Craig Levein. 

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I agree that the work completed in the timeframe has been exceptional. However it would IMHO have been prudent for the club to taken the decision to go for a "more realistic" completion date for the Project.

If all works will not be completed and fully commissioned and available until February 2018, corporate lounges and restricted view seat and the like, it would have made complete sense to play away from Tynecastle for this period. 

On a slightly different note I remember someone saying that the Project manager is a relative of QA. As you know this person very well can you please confirm or deny this for me. Thanking you in advance.

Just now, kingdannyb said:

I remember when Man City played their first game at the Etihad, they laid out 20/30,000 (?) free scarves on the seats. I wonder if we have any plans like that for Sunday ....

They better not.

Money better spent elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Most people's source of angst with the main stand project is struggling with bad results and not liking Craig Levein. 

I think they are two separate sources of angst to be honest.

One will be resolved well before the other one that's for sure.

station_jambo

Has anyone spoke to Hearts about a potential card display?  I know the club will have a lot to deal with but surely we at JKB could help organise it?

15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I sympathise with the Project Manager as I feel Hearts have hung him out to dry.

Ann Budge said at the time of the seats fiasco that the stadium would be ready by 9th September with the exception of the seats. Miles off the mark.

Then there was the drama of will we / wont we for the Kilmarnock game. There was never ever a chance going by the fact we are still tight for a game 14 days later.

I agree he has done well but statements from the club have not helped him one iota.

1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

I agree that the work completed in the timeframe has been exceptional. However it would IMHO have been prudent for the club to taken the decision to go for a "more realistic" completion date for the Project. This is JKB - if they had done that and completed early, it would just have been a different seethe!

If all works will not be completed and fully commissioned and available until February 2018, corporate lounges and restricted view seat and the like, it would have made complete sense to play away from Tynecastle for this period. Have to disagree

On a slightly different note I remember someone saying that the Project manager is a relative of QA. As you know this person very well can you please confirm or deny this for me. Thanking you in advance.

3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Absolutely no chance that JKB represents the feeling off the average Hearts supporter. It represents the needy, attention seekers and trolls. The type of people that nobody gave two seconds notice too a few years back now have to be heard. This is social media as a whole these day unfortunately. 

JKB doesn't claim that it does and the posters don't either. Just some guys posting stuff  and their opinions that for some reason so many people on here get so upset about.  People who spend so much time and effort dismissing them and attacking them. 

"needy, attention seekers and trolls.".....tragic stuff. 

They don't "have to be heard" , if their posts upset you so much why not stop reading ? Simples really. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

It's always worth having a look on the Hearts Website for updates on all things going on at the club. Perhaps this will enlighten you if you care to take the trouble to read it.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6291

Well aware of what that statement (from almost three weeks ago) says thanks very much.

If you'd care to take the trouble to read what I'd asked though - it was more to do with whether or not we were still on track to deliver what we'd expected.

Nearly three weeks on from that statement, and with more delays and an extra match played at Murrayfield than was expected at the time of writing it, I was merely asking if things had changed since then with regards to what was coming when, on the back of what Donkey had written. . 

No need for the smart arsed reply.

fabienleclerq
30 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Anyone who wouldn't have bought a season ticket because we weren't at Tynie for a few games wasn't buying a St anyway.

50 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Spot on. Waited for a long time for this. The people in charge took a decison to do the best they can in really tight timescales with little room for hiccups. In the grand scheme of things a few days weeks or months make no difference to me. I’m sure they’ve worked really hard against some formidable challenges.   Forever grateful to Ann and everyone involved for getting this done now. ????

Edited by JamboAl1965
Spelling

2 hours ago, BigC said:

"Free Speech" only protects you from persecution by the government for airing your views.

It doesn't mean that people have to respectfully listen to and agree with attention seeking trolls.

with free speech comes the right to reply and the right to not listen in the first place.

I was replying to a post. Whatever your going on about i don't know.

29 minutes ago, station_jambo said:

Has anyone spoke to Hearts about a potential card display?  I know the club will have a lot to deal with but surely we at JKB could help organise it?

no need for card displays when you can get a good twirly on the go, and I'm sure it's the least of the club's concerns at the moment anyway!

50 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

If this really is the case, and there is no chance of a safety certificate, you would expect a statement saying game off quite quickly, no?

Not disputing your mate, just a common sense opinion.

51 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He is paid to get the job done on schedule that's why he's Project Manager and on the big bucks.

By the way i think he's done one hell of a job.

2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

If this really is the case, and there is no chance of a safety certificate, you would expect a statement saying game off quite quickly, no?

Not disputing your mate, just a common sense opinion.

very true

this is really annoying for those of us who want to plan ahead for the weekend.

Has anyone heard any more updates today?

We have thousands of FoH contributors.

We have had hundreds of people working their hoop off on this project.

We set the tightest deadline possible.

We took a hit playing games away and at Murrayfield.

Yet, a maximum of 12 posters on here just greet their tits off and the media take them as the majority opinion, and of those dozen, a percentage are Hobo's, live abroad or don't even go to ANY games, they just quote Michael Stewart.

I'm over the frickin' moon how things have progressed and totally proud of where we are.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Spot on. Waited for a long time for this. The people in charge took a decison to do the best they can in really tight timescales with little room for hiccups. In the grand scheme of things a few days weeks or months make no difference to me. I’m sur W they’ve worked really hard against some formidable challenges.   Forever grateful to Ann and everyone involved for getting this done now. ????

I'm not sure why we ought to be overly grateful to Ann Budge. She isn't paying or risking a single penny of her own money for the stand. That's where the likes of you and I come in. We're paying for it by and large. We are the  'everyone involved' your talking about

Yes its great that she has had the drive and vision and the determination to get it done but lets not paint her as a charitable benefactor pumping millions of her own money into the club for no return. Barring financial mismanagement on a huge scale she'll eventually get much more out of the club than she risked up front.

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'm not sure why we ought to be overly grateful to Ann Budge. She isn't paying or risking a single penny of her own money for the stand. That's where the likes of you and I come in. We're paying for it by and large. We are the  'everyone involved' your talking about

Yes its great that she has had the drive and vision and the determination to get it done but lets not paint her as a charitable benefactor pumping millions of her own money into the club for no return. Barring financial mismanagement on a huge scale she'll eventually get much more out of the club than she risked up front.

Why on gods earth would she want to or be expected to pump millions of her own money into the club for no return?

Are you mad?

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Project management tends to be a black and white role in my experience. ?

42 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Shut up ya tit.

I have folk on here that can vouch for me, have you ??

I can vouch for you.

Sold you a ticket years and met you in the BMC.

This calling everyone Hibs fans is getting a bit much now. 

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Pretty sure she’s put about £250k towards it in the form of an interest free loan..

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

She's ponied up to provide the capital - with business there's ALWAYS a risk.

5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

So you don't think she’s been one of these mystery benefactors? 

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Thats such a bullshit statement, you're either a hibs ***** or an absolute moron.

Possibly both.

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

We have thousands of FoH contributors.

We have had hundreds of people working their hoop off on this project.

We set the tightest deadline possible.

We took a hit playing games away and at Murrayfield.

Yet, a maximum of 12 posters on here just greet their tits off and the media take them as the majority opinion, and of those dozen, a percentage are Hobo's, live abroad or don't even go to ANY games, they just quote Michael Stewart.

I'm over the frickin' moon how things have progressed and totally proud of where we are.

Very good and accurate post mate.