New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

4 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Excellent post DJ and I fully concur. I only make a handful of games a season as I usually make a weekend of it, staying with family in my (long ago!) home town of ...Hamilton. When I travel in from Hamilton on matchday, I don't give the 40 mile train journey the slightest thought.  I once travelled up for a weekend, around an away game at Fir Park, and it was postponed about an hour before kickoff due to a waterlogged pitch. Tough.  That's the lot of a football fan. Still enjoyed the rest of my weekend.

Thanks mate. We all have those.  A couple of season ago, i think it was inverness at home, the game was called off at about 8.02. Train left Euston (as we couldn't go via kings x due to engineering works so were changing at carlisle) at 8am. So the train was still in Euston station when it was called off. First stop, Warrington. Had breakfast, 3 cans of beer, got off at Warrington and came home again. Was home by lunchtime. 

14 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

It might even BE her!

Yes, I've thought that for a while now, the biggest donation from a benefactor being £2.5m, the same as she put in to buy the club and will be refunded by FOH, it might just be a coincidence but equally she might just be putting her FOH money back into the stand. Also there is a facility in place to borrow any shortfall at favourable rates, where are we getting that 3 years out of administration?

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, BigC said:

The old saying goes "aim for the stars and you might hit the moon".

It's obvious to everyone that Ann was slightly too ambitious with aspects of this project. The Sept 9th date was just too tight. We all know that now, and if you predicted it in advance, well done you.

But 4 games at Murrayfield & a wee bit of uncertainty is a minuscule price to pay for what we are about to get.

I would sooner have someone with ambition and drive and determination who falls just short of her own high ambitions.

There were a few bumps in the road when she took over the club, but she got there.

There have been a few bumps in the road with the new stand, but we'll get there. 

And when it's over, she'll turn her focus on to something else hugely ambitious and whatever it is, she'll achieve it again, despite any setbacks which will inevitably occur.

I can't wait to see what it is. 

First team.

The new stand signals the beginning of our journey, not the end.:thumbsup:

Thunderstruck
20 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Hibs fan on Twitter claims he's heard the game is off on Sunday.

Well, we might as well pack up and go home.

Reply to say that it is off. The stadium is ready but we are keeping it quiet so that we get a postponement to let Souttar get over his head knock.

That should feed his brain cell for a few hours. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Thunderstruck said:

Reply to say that it is off. The stadium is ready but we are keeping it quiet so that we get a postponement to let Souttar get over his head knock.

That should feed his brain cell for a few hours. 

Even better, to give time for Souttar, Djoum, Walker, Prince and Martin to get fit.

:conspiracy:

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Building projects have unique challenges

Believe me this one was certainly unique!!

highlandjambo3
49 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Let me speak as one of the people you are so concerned about. 

As someone that travels up and down from London most weeks, yes it's frustrating when games get changed for tv at short notice (normally book trains/planes 6-8 weeks in advance) and cancelled/postponed often when my journey has already begun. But do you know what, that's part and parcel of being a football fan, and it's my fault for living 450 miles away. 

Regarding the stand and your faux concern for people like me (which is basically pointless moaning on the verge of trolling as most of your posts are), I support Heart of Midlothian, not for one game, but for my entire life. It's been a rollercoaster for the last 31 years, and i'm sure it will continue to be. If i miss one game, and lose £100 so the club has an amazing stand and is secure for years, I'm not bothered in the slightest. I'm sure most of us feel the same. 

The progress on the stand has been almost miraculous. This seems to be forgotten.Stop whining. If you are that worried about your last minute plans, then do the alternative as you clearly aren't a real fan. Your whining and pointless speculation is almost as annoying as a potential postponement.

Me? If the stand gets the sign off at midnight on Saturday, I'll be at Kings Cross Sunday morning. Because I support HMFC.

Well said my friend, am only 3 hours away but right with you on this one

Walter Bishop
28 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Did I say you did??

It was more in defending myself from arseholes who don't know me from Adam calling me a Hibby.

All I said was, I was talking to my mate this morning via messenger saying folk on the inside, guys like yourself, were saying it was going to be tight but ok, his reply was "Aye but they've no just been handed plans for more railings which we don't even have the steel for"

That's all that was said. You have every right to be defensive of the project as you get some shit from certain posters, but not me.

He's just sent me a load of pics which show it nowhere near ready, but I'm not posting them here.

All I can say is that I trust you, but I also trust him implicitly.

I've also asked him about whether he's in the important areas that need to be signed off first or if he's up on the higher floors.

Im pretty sure it wasn't meant to be anywhere near ready for this Sunday? Just ready enough to get the game on. 

There is an issue with barriers on entering and exiting the stadium, materials can be and will be sourced locally. 

Scaremongering is pathetic, especially from Hearts fans on a Hearts fans forum.

If its ready it will be open, if not it will be postponed, who cares? The work that has taken place in such a short space of time is nothing short of phenomenal.   

1 hour ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

The site management is currently in a meeting looking at how viable this week is so I would assume an announcement re this weekend will happen soon if they don't think it's achievable. 

Cheers for the info ?

9 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

The new stand signals the beginning of our journey, not the end.:thumbsup:

I like that!  

:mw_rolleyes:

Walter Bishop
22 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Im lead to believe its not but people she knows closely.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear it was Ann Budge, i have also heard Anne Gloag and even JK Rowling!! :rofl: 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Yeah for once I agree with the both of you ?

****, we must be wrong then......:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Yeah for once I agree with the both of you ?

Think that's twice in 2 days Des!  :thumbsup:

So wait, the Project Manager who overseen someone "forget to order seats" and also has overseen his project delayed twice already and a third delay is going down to the wire - has gone 'over and above' his job. :lol: civilian meaning of 'over and above' clearly different to military then. Then again if civilians work 10minutes later in a day theyve gone over and above i guess. (And demand triple time or whatever)

Im all for praising the staff and the managers on site for constructing this amazing new stand under strict time and in tough circumstances. But saying they have done more than their job when they have fell behind twice already is bordering on the comical.

1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

So wait, the Project Manager who overseen someone "forget to order seats" and also has overseen his project delayed twice already and a third delay is going down to the wire - has gone 'over and above' his job. :lol: civilian meaning of 'over and above' clearly different to military then. Then again if civilians work 10minutes later in a day theyve gone over and above i guess. (And demand triple time or whatever)

Im all for praising the staff and the managers on site for constructing this amazing new stand under strict time and in tough circumstances. But saying they have done more than their job when they have fell behind twice already is bordering on the comical.

p01lz1hw.jpg

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

The world 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Crazy times! 

Just thankful of guys like yourself building something so beautiful that we'll all enjoy! 

2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

At ease Soldier 

55 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Derek Ferrier of Hardies Ltd is the Project Manager.  He is not related to QA - her brother however is supervising some of the fit-out works.

Thank you for the info. Derek Ferrier has been doing a great job along with all involved in the Project to date. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

There was lots of stuff cropped up behond his control , 

6 hours ago, JamboECW said:

The corporate suites etc mentioned above are still phase 1 i think. Phase 2 is doing up the existing stands converting the under-croft of Wheatfield when is vacated by ticket office etc.. Also space to be utilized under the Roseburn.  Not to forget the 2 large screen TV's and eventually the hybrid pitch.  

Since it's nearly Christmas the wish list would include to purchase the pitch behind Wheatfield and the old school yard behind the Roseburn for future expansions of some sort.

Yes not likely I know but I would be quite happy to continue my pavements to FOH for life to make this possible.

What we will have is a stadium that in my opinion is better than our Leith neighbours excellent facility at Easter Road in all but one aspect the size of pitch of which I am envious.

Yes a 24,000 capacity would have been ideal but a successful team will mean season tickets become more desirable in the smaller stadium.

The certificate will be awarded tomorrow or Friday morning at latest cannot wait to see it on Sunday.

Posted earlier with typo's.

Club still selling tickets on line would indicate a positive outcome.

6 hours ago, JamboECW said:

2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

I have, but I don't think the mrs would let me put them on here

:ruiner:

:) Thanks for this, it made me chuckle. I guess you got to hear a different type of moaning from what we normally have on JKB!

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Derek Ferrier of Hardies Ltd is the Project Manager.  He is not related to QA - her brother however is supervising some of the fit-out works.

A good guy is Derek and a big Hearts man as well.

15 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Your post would be comical if it wasn't so sad!

Firstly Scott Gardiner was representing the client (Club) and was in full charge of ordering the seats - not the Project Manager.  He did not order them in time, despite being reminded of that fact by the Project Manager at numerous progress meetings.  Scott Gardiner was fully responsible and the buck stopped with him!!

As for the rest of your comments, with respect you have absolutely no idea of the issues that the Project Manager has had to over come.

6 minutes ago, JamboECW said:

Club still selling tickets on line would indicate a positive outcome.

Big Dave'sHeed  Altready posted the completed certificate on here.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

A good guy is Derek and a big Hearts man as well.

He is indeed and the stick he is getting on here from some is appalling.

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

There was lots of stuff cropped up behond his control , 

What for example?

Ann apparently changed the size and number of the kiosks and toilets later than would have been desirable.

Apart from that?

I suspect the project structure was the problem. There is no way in a properly organised project someone could forget to order a critical component and no-one notice the failure or had the ability to quickly correct the failure. If such a fundamental mistake could be made and allowed to delay a critical phase of the project by two whole months then I don't think it unreasonable to suspect that there have been other ****** ups.

Hearts rapid and rather grovelling clearing of the contractors of responsibility for the seats fiasco suggests it was Hearts and their management of the project that was the problem

Edited by Francis Albert

21 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Hearts are a medium sized company in terms of staff numbers and turnover. But more importantly we're a football club. Construction projects are quite obviously, not a core part of our business. To divert management resources and money away from what is core - running a football club - and deliver this and maintain the football operation, is quite frankly a tremendous effort by everyone involved.

Everybody Loves Baz!
7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What for example?

Ann apparently changed the size and number of the kiosks and toilets later than would have been desirable.

Apart from that?

I suspect the project structure was the problem. There is no way in a properly organised project someone could forget to order a critical component and no-one notice the failure or had the ability to quickly correct the failure. If such a fundamental mistake could be made and allowed to delay a critical phase of the project by two whole months then I don't think it unreasonable to suspect that there have been other ****** ups.

Hearts rapid and rather grovelling clearing of the contractors of responsibility for the seats fiasco suggests it was Hearts and their management of the project that was the problem

You are ****ing relentless ??

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, pablo said:

Hearts are a medium sized company in terms of staff numbers and turnover. But more importantly we're a football club. Construction projects are quite obviously, not a core part of our business. To divert management resources and money away from what is core - running a football club - and deliver this and maintain the football operation, is quite frankly a tremendous effort by everyone involved.

If the person given overall control and responsibility for delivering the project or a major part of it was an existing employee without construction project experience then that would tend to confirm my suspicion that the problems have been due to systemic failure (a bit like our recruitment failings!) not individuals' failings.

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What for example?

Apart from that?

Somebody lost there job for seats muck up 

7 minutes ago, pablo said:

:spoton:

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What for example?

Apart from that?

Perhaps not all issues have been made public and unbelievably you’re going to have to accept that with a bit of faith.

it doesnt take a genius to work out that building a huge stand in 10months might raise some challenges.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If the person given overall control and responsibility for delivering the project or a major part of it was an existing employee without construction project experience then that would tend to confirm my suspicion that the problems have been due to systemic failure (a bit like our recruitment failings!) not individuals' failings.

I don't see it as a failure. If the cost of not being able to afford to outsource the whole project to a main contractor, has been a delay and some dropped points, I'm not particularly bothered.

A price worth paying in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What for example?

Apart from that?

It says above that the project manager DID notice and reminded the person concerned more than once

Suspect Device
1 hour ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

We do need a catch up Buddy. This season I guarantee it.

I can vouch for Colin too

not so sure about handsome, or his golfing ability!... but most definately a Jambo.

hope your well mate, but tell your pal that getting more steel shouldnt be too much problem  :)

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

One day the real story behind the construction of this stand will all come out.  Until then just believe me the Project Manager has gone over and above his "job" to get this built.

PS how do you know he is on "big bucks"?

Well if he's not on big bucks he's a bampot lol.

12 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Perhaps not all issues have been made public and unbelievably you’re going to have to accept that with a bit of faith.

it doesnt take a genius to work out that building a huge stand in 10months might raise some challenges.

FA may be a lot of things but a genius certainly isn't one of them.

Okay there has been delays with opening but I think overall the project has gone remarkably well:

The demolition of the old buildings, the construction of the truss in front of the old stand then hoisted up, the erection of the steel while the old stand was still in use, the demolition of the old stand without damaging the pitch or steel works behind it, and the rate that they've put up the new stand.

The PR from the club hasn't been so good, perhaps aiming for an unachievable September date to push ST sales, and then opening a couple of months late is bad, but the entire project itself has been quite smooth. At least to me, it seemed like clockwork the way everything happened.

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Around 6 months ago the old stand was still there, the out buildings had just been demolished, and the site looked like the aftermath of a WW1 battle.

To get where we are today in that short period of time is bordering on a miracle - ask any qualified person in the construction industry.

I read all sort of criticism of the Project Manager on here from people who have no idea what he has had to put up with, and what he has achieved - frankly he deserves a medal.

As he said to me yesterday - after all the blood sweat and tears, if he misses getting the certificate by an hour he is an Idiot - if he gets the certificate by an hour he is a hero!!

FWIW, I'm not too fussed about it opening Sunday but while we're discussing it... 

I'm grateful for all the updates, Thomaso but this highlighted sentence is contradictory. 

If it is indeed "bordering on a miracle" for the stand to be ready for Sunday, then why dead we set a deadline of early September and then a subsequent date of this Sunday for it being able to host a game? 

I'm not a construction industry expert, but if as you say - any expert would view this timeframe as extremely ambitious - then why was it in place? 

Take me home country road to the place that' I belong

Sweet Tynecastle

It's been a battle.

Take me home take me home. 

Or something like that.

Well done Hearts to where we were to where we are is fekin magic.

And Miss Budge .

What a top job .

As for the bitter little hibbys girfuy.