New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was told that the club was given a list of 37 things that needed to be done before the stand would be signed off for use. Many of them are minor, but I suspect that there will be one or two that may still be causing concern.

Reminds me of the Paul simon song “50 way to leave your lover”

Doesnt surprise me. Pretty standard for thee to be a ‘snagging list’ and again above fire alarms are exactly the thing that cause problems  (along with fire doors, lifts, emergency exits, escalators). On the positive side the manufacturers and companies which install these products have a reputation to protect and will pull all the stops out to correct any faults.

45 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Our most talented player, and someone who I have watched develop into a top class player throughout the years, does deserve a little leeway, granted. 

It isnt because he is male, though. 

Jamie Walker's a top class player?

Honestly mate, you have really low standards!

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Doesnt surprise me. Pretty standard for thee to be a ‘snagging list’ and again above fire alarms are exactly the thing that cause problems  (along with fire doors, lifts, emergency exits, escalators). On the positive side the manufacturers and companies which install these products have a reputation to protect and will pull all the stops out to correct any faults.

Don't need to be coy, Roy

7 hours ago, Thomaso said:

The Council inspectors are making regular visits to the stand, and are in close discussion with the Club on what needs to be completed to get a temporary occupation certificate.  Structural certificates, fire alarms, public address systems, emergency lighting, etc, have all been rubber stamped.

Night shifts are being worked and this will go to the wire.  It looks like a final Council inspection may be Friday.

Found the post, fire alarms "rubber stamped"

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was told that the club was given a list of 37 things that needed to be done before the stand would be signed off for use. Many of them are minor, but I suspect that there will be one or two that may still be causing concern.

new head coach..maybe?

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Less than 10% over budget. Not bad, not bad all given he improvements to the design through the process.  

Wish my house extension had only came in at 10% over. But haters gotta hate though

J Cheever Loophole
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The dreaded " Habby " when site agents and project managers have been known to howl at the moon whilst wearing a pair of jimjams and sporting a nailbag!

Is just me, or are the ones throthing at the mouth those who are jumping on any criticism leveled at the club or the project? 

Dare say a bad word and it's 'how dare you criticise Ann, she saved the club, you sexist!'. Meanwhile, those leveling the complaints/criticisms are actually doing so in a rational manner (some more than others). 

Internal criticism is good. If you don't have people looking at faults, then a club quickly goes downhill (see Rangers). 

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

People losing their shit left, right and centre! Just calm down FFS!

No need to swear, calm doon Guffraw.

20 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

No lifts installed yet,escalators won’t be working.firedoors and exits are almost compete.

1 minute ago, Toggie88 said:

Is just me, or are the ones throthing at the mouth those who are jumping on any criticism leveled at the club or the project? 

Dare say a bad word and it's 'how dare you criticise Ann, she saved the club, you sexist!'. Meanwhile, those leveling the complaints/criticisms are actually doing so in a rational manner (some more than others). 

Internal criticism is good. If you don't have people looking at faults, then a club quickly goes downhill (see Rangers). 

How is moaning on a message board, rational or not, going to stop a club going downhill like Rangers? 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

What???

But this doesnt fit with the negative narrative!

You pays your money.... 

Screenshot_20171114-213846.jpg

Edited by iainmac

31 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Paul Simon reminds me of wishing  we were Homeward Bound .......

1 hour ago, kila said:

This was the 18th January - getting the truss assembly ready. 10 months later, and we're just a stone throw from being able to sit in it... but it still seems to feel so far right now.

12.thumb.jpg.9d9db833ea6266490bf43f10e50a57bd.jpg

13.thumb.jpg.f0e0a74fd7539301436b31bd52fad1c1.jpg

Appreciation to the Hearts people who incorporated design features in the original supports to accept a fourth truss...if only a smidgen of their belief was around today.

43 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Surely someone could have passed the inspectors the magic brown envelope that instantly makes all problems disappear.

Edited by JohnB

1 minute ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Appreciation to the Hearts people who incorporated design features in the original supports to accept a fourth truss...if only a smidgen of their belief was around today.

Forward planning by James Clydesdale.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Got to love the idea that this was going to be ready by early September, were It not for the **** up with the seats :lol:

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, jambo1975 said:

Couldnt give 2 hoots about food kiosks.  As long as there is a seat and a place to piss that will do me! 

They might leave the plastic wrappers on the seats. No need for bogs at all then.

5 minutes ago, obua said:

Forward planning by James Clydesdale.

Wonder if he thought it would take this long or stir such emotion so close to completion. Thank you James Clydesdale.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Got to love the idea that this was going to be ready by early September, were It not for the **** up with the seats :lol:

What exactly is wrong with you ? Are you trying to prove you were right all along ? 

Ok you were right , now **** off back to whatever hole you crawled from .

The stand will open probably Sunday , but it will definitely open . If people (AB etc) involved in the project had your and all your drearily negative pals' attitude this would never have happened .

Maybe I'm missing something , are any of these t**ts moaning on here anything to do with the little tadgers (young team) who were kicked out of Tynecastle ? 

If I remember correctly they were kicked out for being little tadgers and , of course  t**ts .

55 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Less than 10% over budget. Not bad, not bad all given he improvements to the design through the process.  

Less than 10% over budget? What odds are you giving cos I'll have some of that!

Original budget was 11 million, there was an allowance for it to be 9% over budget with 12 million available. 

There's no way we're getting this stand for 12 million. Even if we stretch definitions a bit and say 12 million's the original cost, 13.2 is very very optimistic, unrealistically so IMO.

1 hour ago, kila said:

Can't even get this thread back on topic with photos

This page now about who is the biggest dick

They all came out today

Like how you might snare people 

Just been told that a company who work with Hearts on match days has been advised they are not needed on Sunday.

That doesn't mean of course that the game isn't going ahead.

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

What exactly is wrong with you ? Are you trying to prove you were right all along ? 

The stand will open probably Sunday , but it will definitely open . If people (AB etc) involved in the project had your and all your drearily negative pals' attitude this would never have happened .

Maybe I'm missing something , are any of these t**ts moaning on here anything to do with the little tadgers (young team) who were kicked out of Tynecastle ? 

If I remember correctly they were kicked out for being little tadgers and , of course  t**ts .

Not seen any sign of the young team on this thread recently. Which posts are you referring to?

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Just been told that a company who work with Hearts on match days has been advised they are not needed on Sunday.

We all got told that about 6 pages ago mate.

5 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

We all got told that about 6 pages ago mate.

Different company to that one (this one doesn't do staffing)

gorgie rd eh11
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

What company?

Who’s your source?

Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

What company?

Who’s your source?

Im not saying which company. The source works for them and was due to work Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not seen any sign of the young team on this thread recently. Which posts are you referring to?

Genuinely trying to understand the reasons for the constant sniping . Suddenly occurred to me that could be a reason . Can't think of a logical one 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
25 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Of course it’ll definitely open. Time is infinite after all.

I’m very pleased with the main stand.