New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

1 hour ago, StanLaurel said:

Heard tonight that there's an issue with getting fire alarms working properly so these need to be sorted before any certificate can be issued.

No idea if it's true or not, but decided just to share it. 

Thomaso already said that part had been rubber stamped.

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Im not saying which company. The source works for them and was due to work Sunday.

Why not shouldn't be a big deal. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They all came out today

Like how you might snare people 

Great point Mikey. The lot of them have crawled back out in force tonight to spout their negative shite. Really wish they would just create their own thread and high five and bitch to each other. Seems they are willing it to be delayed and fail

39 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

How is moaning on a message board, rational or not, going to stop a club going downhill like Rangers? 

Well according to some, moaning on a message board is making Ann question 'if it was all worth it'. Kickback is forum for hearts fans to raise their opinions and can be taken as meter on the views of its patrons/customers in the larger community. If there's a few moaning on here about, there's probably a good few more that have similar views but don't tend to post. 

I know one ST holder who is so disenfranchised by the whole thing (Levein rather than the stand) that they've not used their ST once this season and isn't really planning on going on Sunday regardless. Say what you want about this person not being a PHM, but he's had a ST since he was old enough and went to almost every away game in the last decade until fairly recently. In my opinion, this signals an issue - maybe not a serious one - but burying heads in the sand is never the best way to go.

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Apologies. :thumbsup:

Cool no problem. Like I said, it doesn't mean the game is off and they haven't been told that. They've been told they are not required.

26 minutes ago, obua said:

22 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

What exactly is wrong with you ? Are you trying to prove you were right all along ? 

Ok you were right , now **** off back to whatever hole you crawled from .

The stand will open probably Sunday , but it will definitely open . If people (AB etc) involved in the project had your and all your drearily negative pals' attitude this would never have happened .

Maybe I'm missing something , are any of these t**ts moaning on here anything to do with the little tadgers (young team) who were kicked out of Tynecastle ? 

If I remember correctly they were kicked out for being little tadgers and , of course  t**ts .

Well said JT, spot on.

Edited by ADAM

Seymour M Hersh
41 minutes ago, obua said:

Two out of the four food outlets are due to be in use.

Surely having food stands in operation is not a requirement to get the safety certificate?

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Surely having food stands in operation is not a requirement to get the safety certificate?

Did he say it was ? Maybe just some advice

4 minutes ago, Independence said:

Why not shouldn't be a big deal. 

See when you get told something that might get someone into trouble if they get identified, you keep certain things to yourself.

If thats alright with you.

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Folk more violent when hungry :whistling: 

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Of course it’ll definitely open you ****ing imbecile. Time is infinite after all.

I’m very pleased with the main stand.

A poor attempt at a smart answer doesn't explain the snidey stuff . 

See when you get told something that might get someone into trouble if they get identified, you keep certain things to yourself.

is the service or product supplied by this company required for the game to go ahead?

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Did he say it was ? Maybe just some advice

I wasn't having a go at him but it's something I was discussing earlier with a mate and I thought there would be no reason to not get a certificate if there was no food available but neither of us knew definitively. Do you?

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just a heads up,Best grab a bite to eat before game.

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Less than 10% over budget? What odds are you giving cos I'll have some of that!

Original budget was 11 million, there was an allowance for it to be 9% over budget with 12 million available. 

There's no way we're getting this stand for 12 million. Even if we stretch definitions a bit and say 12 million's the original cost, 13.2 is very very optimistic, unrealistically so IMO.

The budget was £12m. Contingency is part of any budget as that is why it is in place ie to ensure it is budgeted for.

You would be correct if you argued that the original estimate was £11m though.

4 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Ok so knowing what he does and being told he isnt needed does that raise concerns its not going to open or does it not do anything to the current view that we  are on track?

Just now, Tiger said:

is the service or product supplied by this company required for the game to go ahead?

We could probably get away without them but it would cause some issues

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, kila said:

There must be a few hungry sods on this thread given the amount of mouth opening and belly rumbling there's been in the last few hours! :smile:

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, obua said:

Just a heads up,Best grab a bite to eat before game.

Not sure if you saw my 2nd post on the matter but is it something that must be in place to get the certificates? 

1 hour ago, Rents said:

Am I missing something. Even if the Stand is not ready why can't we play the match at tynie?

some season ticket holders will miss out but they could be compensated a free cup game or something.

I for one think it will be ready to go by Sunday.

Do we fight for the seats or first come first served with 3,000 outside 

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Ok so knowing what he does and being told he isnt needed does that raise concerns its not going to open or does it not do anything to the current view that we  are on track?

This company are at every game and similar companies are at every other game in the country Many would think they are not essential.Its a matter of opinion. I'd say it would cause a problem or two potentially but their absence wouldn't neccesarily mean the game definitely can't go ahead.

Edited by Escobar PHM

4 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

just goes to prove that just cause you are a Hearts fan it doesnt stop you being a *****.

A generation defining construction and an owner who for the first time in 60 years has us financially sound and yet people are calling the club liars and almost revelling in any issue.

No wonder AB must be wondering why she bothered as some people dont deserve this club.

Exactly how I feel!

William H. Bonney

This company are at every game and similar companies are at every other game in the country Many would think they are not essential.Its a matter of opinion. I'd say it would cause a problem or two potentially but their absence wouldn't neccesarily mean the game definitely can't go ahead.

The SFA? 

4 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

St. Andrews ambulance staff

stirlingshirejambo

This company are at every game and similar companies are at every other game in the country Many would think they are not essential.Its a matter of opinion. I'd say it would cause a problem or two potentially but their absence wouldn't neccesarily mean the game can't go ahead.

Ballboys for hire ltd. ?.

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

It can only be stewarding,catering is in house.cleaning is contracted but they are not there on match day.Even if he was police he would be deployed else where if he was on duty.

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, kila said:

That must be the reason when the " greatest fans in the world" are occupying the Roseburn they seem to be a tad confrontational . It is our fault for not stocking the catering enough. :mellow:

17 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Well according to some, moaning on a message board is making Ann question 'if it was all worth it'. Kickback is forum for hearts fans to raise their opinions and can be taken as meter on the views of its patrons/customers in the larger community. If there's a few moaning on here about, there's probably a good few more that have similar views but don't tend to post. 

I know one ST holder who is so disenfranchised by the whole thing (Levein rather than the stand) that they've not used their ST once this season and isn't really planning on going on Sunday regardless. Say what you want about this person not being a PHM, but he's had a ST since he was old enough and went to almost every away game in the last decade until fairly recently. In my opinion, this signals an issue - maybe not a serious one - but burying heads in the sand is never the best way to go.

Roasters will roast 

18 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

It signals an issue all right - the boy's an arsehole.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, obua said:

No lifts installed yet,escalators won’t be working.firedoors and exits are almost compete.

I assume from your your previous posts that the escalators aren’t essential at this stage then. I’m guessing lifts might inhibit disabled access but if they arent in this week we could mitigate by providing alternative space at ground level pro tem

(no need to answer I’m just musing on this and I’m a happy bunny that we have got this far)

8 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

At every game in the country but no staff involved?

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

It signals an issue all right - the boy's an arsehole.

That's one way to respond to disaffected fans. Maybe not the best way.

Just now, troonmaroon said:

At every game in the country but no staff involved?

They don't provide any staff for Hearts, they provide a service which has to be staffed though.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Thanks for the advice but if you read it properly you will note that I didn't respond to the disaffected fan so no harm done.

scott herbertson
Just now, Francis Albert said:

If disnenchantment with  Levein is stopping him going there is no reasonable way to appease or persuade to come back is there?

Im unhappy with our style of play but it’s not going to stop me going.

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

They don't provide any staff for Hearts, they provide a service which has to be staffed though.

Bookies? Or advertising related?! 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

You pays your money.... 

Screenshot_20171114-213846.jpg

Really generous gesture by Temps - we’ll done to him.

9 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I assume from your your previous posts that the escalators aren’t essential at this stage then. I’m guessing lifts might inhibit disabled access but if they arent in this week we could mitigate by providing alternative space at ground level pro tem

(no need to answer I’m just musing on this and I’m a happy bunny that we have got this far)

Disabled access would need to be via the Gorgie stand,remember we are all joined up now.

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Thanks for the advice but if you read it properly you will note that I didn't respond to the disaffected fan so no harm done.

You responded to someones description of a disaffected fan as an arsehole. Don't nitpick. I have a monopoly on that.

16 minutes ago, obua said:

It can only be stewarding,catering is in house.cleaning is contracted but they are not there on match day.Even if he was police he would be deployed else where if he was on duty.

Get back to work Obua, got a stand that needs building and to be ready for Sunday. No time for posting on here ;)

Just now, Chaps said:

Get back to work Obua, got a stand that needs building and to be ready for Sunday. No time for posting on here ;)

I’m resting lots of hours in already this week,don’t panic.

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

If disnenchantment with  Levein is stopping him going there is no reasonable way to appease or persuade to come back is there?

Im unhappy with our style of play but it’s not going to stop me going.

Nor me. But to dismiss a fan who does as an arsehole doesn't seem helpful. If we continue as we have so far this year there will be a lot of arseholes.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Nor me. But to dismiss a fan who does as an arsehole doesn't seem helpful. If we continue as we have so far this year there will be a lot of arseholes.

There are more than enough as it is at present.

siegementality
1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

Is just me, or are the ones throthing at the mouth those who are jumping on any criticism leveled at the club or the project? 

Dare say a bad word and it's 'how dare you criticise Ann, she saved the club, you sexist!'. Meanwhile, those leveling the complaints/criticisms are actually doing so in a rational manner (some more than others). 

Internal criticism is good. If you don't have people looking at faults, then a club quickly goes downhill (see Rangers). 

It’s just you.