New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

There's a wee clique of constant negative posters. I don't think they like a woman being in charge. 

Wow.

No-one before you as far as I can remember has brought her gender into it. Or even hinted that that is an issue. (OK maybe one or two of the "Young Team" but I guess that is not who you are referring to, as they have never posted about anything other than how hard done by they were).

kingantti1874

The world is full of arseholes.. Hearts fans are  no different. Asking a question on here is fair enough.. I questioned a couple of design aesthetics myself.. But to translate that into directly not picking Ann budge.

Too many so called fans inside the tent pissing in.. 

Ann budge should have a statue outside the stadium for what she has done.. 

alwaysthereinspirit

Unbelievable scenes on this thread these past few days by the usual suspects. Imagine having to socialize with these types. I'd shoot myself.

Same thing every day, every week.Image result for rev im jolly

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And if by any remote chance she doesn't get her money back she has security on an asset of substantially added value as a result of others' donations of about 3 times her loan.

Wow, you've changed your tune.

Oh wait, no you haven't.

Same old tune repeated Ad Nauseam

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Unbelievable scenes on this thread these past few days by the usual suspects. Imagine having to socialize with these types. I'd shoot myself.

Same thing every day, every week.Image result for rev im jolly

Fancy a pint mate

Italian Lambretta
26 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Castle view

:pleasing:

We need a couple of those fixed binoculars to view the castle. £1 a go for 2 minutes of viewing time.

Francis Albert
Just now, graygo said:

Wow, you've changed your tune.

Oh wait, no you haven't.

Same old tune repeated Ad Nauseam

Where was the inaccuracy in my post?

I am always open to being corrected.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

The world is full of arseholes.. Hearts fans are  no different. Asking a question on here is fair enough.. I questioned a couple of design aesthetics myself.. But to translate that into directly not picking Ann budge.

Too many so called fans inside the tent pissing in.. 

Ann budge should have a statue outside the stadium for what she has done.. 

Supporting the idea of an Ann Budge statue and criticising for overpromising with regard to the stand are not mutually exclusive events. She has learned one lesson - in the Kilmarnock statement she was careful not to say the stand would be ready for the Partick game.

5 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Any news on the free tour we were meant to get after buying the personalised scarf? 

Must be at the top of the agenda every meeting so expect an announcement soon mate.

I would seriously doubt Ann Budge reads this thread, or if she did that she would be particularly hurt by some of the (very few but persistent and frankly embarrassing ) posters who have complained about everything from window cleaning costs to having letters in the outside crest. Building work is stressful and inevitably puts a strain on people but I seriously doubt she’s wondering if it’s worth it because of a few half empty glass moaners. 

Just now, graygo said:

Must be at the top of the agenda every meeting so expect an announcement soon mate.

Should bloody well think so too.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We need a couple of those fixed binoculars to view the castle. £1 a go for 2 minutes of viewing time.

Remember when the roasters on here fervently slaughtered the club on here over the castle view.. Not a cheep out of them since on this subject. Must have been tyrion lannister trying to peek over the fence

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I never questioned the accuracy, was merely pointing out that the constant repetition of it is nauseating.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

I would seriously doubt Ann Budge reads this thread, or if she did that she would be particularly hurt by some of the (very few but persistent and frankly embarrassing ) posters who have complained about everything from window cleaning costs to having letters in the outside crest. Building work is stressful and inevitably puts a strain on people but I seriously doubt she’s wondering if it’s worth it because of a few half empty glass moaners. 

Even if she was, I would be stunned if she is surprised by the criticism. The team is shit and the first game at Tynecastle may be 5 weeks before Christmas!

33 minutes ago, obua said:

There’s one ground to first floor and one first to second,I posted pics of them weeks even months ago.

Sorry, I only dip into this thread from time to time!

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, graygo said:

I never questioned the accuracy, was merely pointing out that the constant repetition of it is nauseating.

In other words, he's right but you hate admitting it.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Francis Albert
Just now, graygo said:

Glad you are on board. Not many are.

scott herbertson
23 minutes ago, Groot said:

Is it not justified? I’m eternally grateful to what she has done to save the club but that does not make her exempt from scrutiny or criticism if it’s considered merited

I fully understand there can be delays on projects, I deal with that every day however in regards to what has happened there’s two scenarios that I can see - 

1. We were lied to in regards to the September opening to sell ST’s - I’m fully aware of the situation with the seats and the weather causing delays but that does not excuse the scrambling about we’re doing now to get a barely ready stand over the line 2 months later

2. Inefficient, ineffective or inept Project Management of the job, there’s been issues and they’re not reporting these out accurately which is leaving Mrs Budge exposed with incorrect statements which can’t be fulfilled 

Lie to me is when you say something knowing it to be untrue.

Im willing to give someone who so clearly has our best interests at heart the benefit of the doubt that if she said something she genuinely believed it when she said it.

doesnt make her exempt from criticism but to me she’s exempt from insults, direct or implied.

12 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Thomaso, that is unbelievable about how Ann is now beginning to feel. 

A thankless task.

Just like yourself and the other posters that have being providing invaluable progress updates and cracking photos of the CONSTRUCTION of the new Main Stand.

It's just a massive disappointment  that we have had so many folk nitpicking on any subject and very eager to criticise the club.

Their non-supportive posts have given a feeling more akin to this being a destructive rather than a constructive achievement by our club and all our supporters.

If she is feeling that way then running a football club wasnt the ideal role for her to take. 

She accepted the plaudits when things were great, she has to take the criticism when things go wrong. Such is any business/life. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Even if she was, I would be stunned if she is surprised by the criticism. The team is shit and the first game at Tynecastle may be 5 weeks before Christmas!

The team is shit, but that aside we have a backlog of fixtures to play at Tynecastle. Only 4 out of 18 have been at murrayfield. I don’t like murrayfield for football but it had to happen.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

In other words, he's right but you hate admitting it.

No, in other words I couldn't give a feck whether he is right or not but I am sick of hearing his opinion on it.

Maybe ask me for clarification as to what I mean in future instead of puting your own slant on it.

This was the 18th January - getting the truss assembly ready. 10 months later, and we're just a stone throw from being able to sit in it... but it still seems to feel so far right now.

12.thumb.jpg.9d9db833ea6266490bf43f10e50a57bd.jpg

13.thumb.jpg.f0e0a74fd7539301436b31bd52fad1c1.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

The team is shit, but that aside we have a backlog of fixtures to play at Tynecastle. Only 4 out of 18 have been at murrayfield. I don’t like murrayfield for football but it had to happen.

A backlog caused by either over-optimism of delivery or a lie to ensure ST sales held up. Take your pick. Either way, people look cynically at an 10 week gap between the original date and, hopefully, Sunday.

No, in other words I couldn't give a feck whether he is right or not but I am sick of hearing his opinion on it.

Maybe ask me for clarification as to what I mean in future instead of puting your own slant on it.

Calm down dear. 

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Glad you are on board. Not many are.

I'm sure plenty sympathise with your view FA and at the risk of falling into the same trap you have I will repeat that it's the constant reiterating the point that annoys - we get it.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

My point stands.

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

And it's comments like the above that seemingly has Ann Budge considering whether her on going involvement is worthwhile!

The rockets need to be careful what they wish for!

I really hope that’s not true but I wouldn’t be surprised. Some greetin faced spoiled brats around with short memories, low horizons and no appreciation of how complex building projects like this are so hard to deliver on time and on budget. The original timescales did seem ridiculously tight but She’s got far, far more right than she’s got wrong and we’re sooo lucky she came out of her very comfortable retirement to do all this. We didn’t exactly have a queue of others wanting to do it. I genuinely fear fan ownership.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, graygo said:

It can stand all it likes, doesn't change the fact that it is wrong.

Cool. Maybe you should put FA on ignore then instead of trying to censor him.

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The teams not that good

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

I really hope that’s not true but I wouldn’t be surprised. Some greetin faced spoiled brats around with short memories, low horizons and no appreciation of how complex building projects like this are so hard to deliver on time and on budget. The original timescales did seem ridiculously tight but She’s got far, far more right than she’s got wrong and we’re sooo lucky she came out of her very comfortable retirement to do all this. We didn’t exactly have a queue of others wanting to do it. I genuinely fear fan ownership.

Calm down! She is going nowhere.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No, he makes good points sometimes that I like to read in amongst the repetitive shite.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He can defend himself doesnt need Crocodile Dundee jumping in.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No, he makes good points sometimes that I like to read in amongst the repetitive shite.

So do you.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Yay! An Aussie joke!

:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, kila said:

This was the 18th January - getting the truss assembly ready. 10 months later, and we're just a stone throw from being able to sit in it... but it still seems to feel so far right now.

12.thumb.jpg.9d9db833ea6266490bf43f10e50a57bd.jpg

13.thumb.jpg.f0e0a74fd7539301436b31bd52fad1c1.jpg

Truly amazing effort to be where we are now in such a short space of time. What a difference.

12 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

If she is feeling that way then running a football club wasnt the ideal role for her to take. 

She accepted the plaudits when things were great, she has to take the criticism when things go wrong. Such is any business/life. 

Who else was willing to step up and do what she’s done and who could replace her now?

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

This threads finally ****ed. Well played.

Nah, Olly, they have a wee greet and then the posters who inform us of the important stuff return. 

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

In a sea of sh*t that made me laugh :smile:

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, JALBO said:

Truly amazing effort to be where we are now in such a short space of time. What a difference.

Try telling that to the absolute roasters on here.

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

Who else was willing to step up and do what she’s done and who could replace her now?

She deservedly received praise for that, and will forever hold a very, very special place in our history.

That does not, however, make her immune from any criticism when she does not perform quite so well. Like now. 

15 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

So noone should criticise Ann ever, no matter what? I disagree. 

28 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Because the asset value has not increased by one single penny by building a new stand.

IgnatiusReilly
25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No inaccuracy, just the usual snidely worded insinuation of some sort of impropriety or sleight of hand.