New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

1 minute ago, kila said:

Yeah too right about the feel good factor. Hopefully get some of that back once we're home again. A completely enclosed Tynecastle will sound different/better, intimidation for opposition even more.

Fed up of waiting even if it can't be helped. Some photos of progress would help swallow the shite for now!

Can't wait for the derby. Could be special! 

31 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I'll second the GREAT POST DAVID OBUA FACE. Bang on the money.

And, if you are reading this, Ann (!!!!!): 

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you 

Seconded

If it gets to Friday or Saturday and Hearts have not got a safety certificate granted (which seems to be a big IF at this stage) then I don't think it would be that unreasonable for Patrick to want it played behind closed doors on Sunday. They will have prepared for this game for a fortnight given the international break and frankly its on us if the stadium is not ready and we didn't have Murrayfield as an alternative. Reading between the lines I suspect we will be granted it late in the day but it would be difficult to defend the situation should the game need to be postponed given all the previous delays.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

And it's comments like the above that seemingly has Ann Budge considering whether her on going involvement is worthwhile!

The rockets need to be careful what they wish for!

Deary me! If so, she's a bigger snowflake than Question in Hamilton.

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

If it gets to Friday or Saturday and Hearts have not got a safety certificate granted (which seems to be a big IF at this stage) then I don't think it would be that unreasonable for Patrick to want it played behind closed doors on Sunday. They will have prepared for this game for a fortnight given the international break and frankly its on us if the stadium is not ready and we didn't have Murrayfield as an alternative. Reading between the lines I suspect we will be granted it late in the day but it would be difficult to defend the situation should the game need to be postponed given all the previous delays.

Tell us - when has a Scottish League game ever been played behind closed doors? Grow up man. 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

You must be mellowing. I expected you to be calling for a 15 points deduction and 500k fine.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

And it's comments like the above that seemingly has Ann Budge considering whether her on going involvement is worthwhile!

The rockets need to be careful what they wish for!

Whats this all about Thomaso?  Anything substantive or just rumour?

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I think Partick would be rightly frustrated, but it won't be a complete surprise to them if it did get postponed

Doubt they'd want to play it behind closed doors though! None of their fans either? Wouldn't be much fun, punishment for both teams

15 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

The game will go ahead.  Behind closed doors at the Oriam if Tynie no ready.  SPFL raging at Hearts and Partick worried about fixture back-log.  Hearts to give all ST holders and people that have tix for this match vouchers for free pies at the next home game.

One game fixture backlog and they are “raging” or “worried”. - Hobo alert I think. Another that needs to grow up or go back to sister.net

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Tell us - when has a Scottish League game ever been played behind closed doors? Grow up man. 

Eh?  What you on about?!  

If, IF IF IF IF, the safety certificate is not granted I think Partick would have every right to demand the game be played or be awarded the points if we can't fulfill the fixture. They will have prepared for the game on Sunday. I hope that things are sorted for Sunday but if not Hearts have made a royal mess of this entire situation. We should have had far more realistic timescales in the first place but after the previous delay there was absolutely no reason not to ensure enough time was given to be able to fulfill fixtures. We could easily have given ourselves further leeway and said for example the first Tynie game would be Hamilton on 2nd December, which would have allowed allow that. I hope its granted in time.

Edited by Hendricks

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Such as?

I honestly cannot be bothered going over it all again. Hopefully the new stand is open for Sunday, if not then we will open it for the next fixture. 

In an attempt to get the thread back on track here is the post on FB by Mark Donaldson. Can’t copy all the photos but most of them are attached. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1154852404581539/permalink/1485992308134212/

I flew over to Edinburgh from the States last weekend specifically to attend the Kilmarnock game and what I thought would be the first match in front of the new main stand. Well it was meant to be when I booked my flight! 'Twas not to be, however, but the alternative outcome wasn't too shabby... (continued)

Last Tuesday afternoon (07 Nov) Ann Budge very kindly allowed me to join her on her daily walkabout to check the progress of construction. These pictures were taken on my iPhone during that tour of the new facilities.

Some thoughts...

Regardless if it's this weekend or next weekend that Hearts return to Tynecastle, the amount of work that's been done in less than six months is phenomenal.

It's hard to illustrate the sheer size of the new main stand with pictures alone, a tour of the facility when everything is completed will be a must. The panoramic photo was taken from behind Row 38 at the very back of the stand.

Phase One (current phase) is just about complete - having the structure and facilities up to the required standard so a safety certificate can be issued and it's available for occupancy.

Phase Two (next phase, scheduled for completion by next summer) includes finishing off hospitality facilities to allow for migration of guests over from the Gorgie Suite. The top two floors - featuring that hospitality area plus an outside terrace and a restaurant, among other things - will be spectacular.

Hearts supporters will eventually have access to walk between all three stands on a matchday, but this is unlikely be the case for the first couple of home games played at Tynecastle. The club is well aware that fans in the Gorgie and Wheatfield stands will want to take a look at facilities in the new main stand as soon as possible, but the concern initially is overcrowding of walkways etc and too many people using kiosks resulting in food shortages. 

The new stand is *nearly* as steep as the other three, but new council building regulations came into effect a few years ago preventing any new construction containing the same gradient of steepness as the Gorgie, Wheatfield and Roseburn stands. It's only a degree or so less steep than the other three, and certainly not noticeable.

A lot of unforeseen challenges have arisen along the way, which have severely impacted the ability to keep to timescale, and a significant sum of additional money has been spent that wasn't budgeted for due to issues totally outwith the club's control. The things you find when you start digging...

The new club store (which is located bottom left of the stand as you look from McLeod Street) is massive!

Any pics below where it appears that there's still a lot of work to be done (upper floors of the main stand and escalators etc) are from Phase Two, with completion due by the middle of next year. And because of this, a soon-to-be fenced off construction work area between the Main Stand and the Roseburn Stand is being maintained (final picture below) to allow for ongoing work in Phase Two.

I hope this is a worthwhile insight into the sheer amount of work that is currently being undertaken and the ridiculous amount of planning and logistics that goes into a project as big as this. 

Finally please be patient. It's worth the wait, I promise

#westaywebuild #createhistory #hmfcforever

FC99A671-6E8B-46D8-9BF0-B65F72D93D8E.jpeg

8EAD61EA-F9A6-4C64-9766-2A9124C307C1.jpeg

F86AB027-0CBF-4057-883D-2AC70A325140.jpeg

009C80F0-5C12-4A9F-8C31-3367BA7D4B52.jpeg

AB63899C-D345-4445-9875-97FF638B1173.jpeg

D426A91B-51B0-42F8-B8E3-920254A53FA3.jpeg

61C66C7E-BCE5-4303-B5D6-94FB03B1BBBB.jpeg

544D97B9-326A-4E91-81A1-9D53448B341B.jpeg

30503297-15E8-468F-A66B-787CC9988263.jpeg

7DCDA7BD-92AE-4239-913F-AE3C2CA50737.jpeg

B1B4DCE5-5D10-4121-8295-7AD9D29A7AB6.jpeg

72C931C0-A75E-4570-9329-4C7B30582090.jpeg

4CFBD02D-F61F-42E5-B382-C315C6C0B33E.jpeg

978A8682-24AF-413A-93FD-10E225F3F416.jpeg

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

One game fixture backlog and they are “raging” or “worried”. - Hobo alert I think. Another that needs to grow up or go back to sister.net

It was clearly a joke by that poster!

This thread full of paranoia. What will be will be, and we can rip Hearts a little until it is finally open for fans to release their steam in. International break really not helping.

Edited by kila

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Eh?  What you on about?!  

If, IF IF IF IF, the safety certificate is not granted I think Partick would have every right to demand the game be played or be awarded the points if we can't fulfill the fixture. They will have prepared for the game on Sunday. I hope that things are sorted for Sunday but if not Hearts have made a royal mess of this entire situation. We should have had far more realistic timescales in the first place but after the previous delay there was absolutely no reason not to ensure enough time was given to be able to fulfill fixtures. We could easily have given ourselves further leeway and said for example the Hamilton game on 2nd December would allow that. I hope its granted in time.

They cant demand anything did you miss the bit about what happens if we PP, effectively we have to pay the other clubs costs.

The SPFL as has been commented on before is already aware of the situation.

People spouting shite about closed doors and the Orium deary me.

Read Mark Donaldsons view from a week or so ago and gain a bit of perspective.

Edited by Jamboelite

27 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

The game will go ahead.  Behind closed doors at the Oriam if Tynie no ready.  SPFL raging at Hearts and Partick worried about fixture back-log.  Hearts to give all ST holders and people that have tix for this match vouchers for free pies at the next home game.

My body is a temple so I don't eat pies. Mad Budge/Levein/Caterers oot!

Just now, Hendricks said:

Whats this all about Thomaso?  Anything substantive or just rumour?

Let me think?

You dip into your family's money to the tune of 2.5million to save your favourite football club from liquidation.

You don't take any payment for doing a very decent job of running the club.

You save said club approx 250k a year on salary for the job.

You organize and part fund the building of a spanking new stand which will bring the club into the 21st century.

A large portion of the clubs support disrespect and in some case verbally abuse you online.

An even larger portion of the club support moan continuously and nit pick even more continuously about everything from the colour of the glass in the stand to the atmosphere in the stadium  being crap. The last one is a belter because its the fans who are supposed to provide the atmosphere.  

Cant think why she might want out.:sarcasm:

Just now, samcdonald22 said:

Brilliant! And these pics are a week old, tremendous effort going in, we can do this !!!!

Yeah there should probably be a caption at the top saying the photos are a week old or this thread will go another hundred posts in the next 30 mins

22 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

just goes to prove that just cause you are a Hearts fan it doesnt stop you being a *****.

A generation defining construction and an owner who for the first time in 60 years has us financially sound and yet people are calling the club liars and almost revelling in any issue.

No wonder AB must be wondering why she bothered as some people dont deserve this club.

You know Jamboelite you must think Ann is a frail wee lassie who cannae take a wee bit of slagging. Ann isn't someone who has never made a mistake and when she does she'd expect to be criticised. Mercer got it, Robinson got it and Romanov got it and there was many on here getting slagged and called Hibees for doing it. Ann has been fabulous for Hearts and the fans but never ever think you can't tell her what you believe. If you believe she messed up with Levein say it and the same goes with the timing of our new stadium/stand opening. Ann Budge is 100% commited to Hearts so Jamboelite you should never think that she questions why she ever got involved wth Hearts because Ann Budge is our leader.

13 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Eh?  What you on about?!  

If, IF IF IF IF, the safety certificate is not granted I think Partick would have every right to demand the game be played or be awarded the points if we can't fulfill the fixture. They will have prepared for the game on Sunday. I hope that things are sorted for Sunday but if not Hearts have made a royal mess of this entire situation. We should have had far more realistic timescales in the first place but after the previous delay there was absolutely no reason not to ensure enough time was given to be able to fulfill fixtures. We could easily have given ourselves further leeway and said for example the first Tynie game would be Hamilton on 2nd December, which would have allowed allow that. I hope its granted in time.

Don't you get bored being so negative all the time? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Let me think?

You dip into your family's money to the tune of 2.5million to save your favourite football club from liquidation.

You organize and part fund the building of a spanking new stand which will bring the club into the 21st century.

A large portion of the clubs support disrespect and in some case verbally abuse you online.

An even larger portion of the club support moan continuously and nit pick even more continuously about everything from the colour of the glass in the stand to the atmosphere in the stadium  being crap. The last one is a belter because its the fans who are supposed to provide the atmosphere.  

Cool. Well, she has an agreement to sell and a guaranteed price. More than most people who have an investment risk.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cool. Well, she has an agreement to sell and a guaranteed price. More than most people who have an investment risk.

Yeah I'm still gutted she pipped you to becoming our glorious leader. 

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I dont believe for one second that Ann wants out, as I see her as having thicker skin and more of a backbone than that.

If she did, however, then she wasnt suited to the role at all. Lets be honest, the criticism she has received has been very mild, in football fans context. 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

If it’s postponed so be it. It’s not like we will miss a home game as it will be played later. Not the end of the world is it ?  I couldn’t care less what anyone outside of our club thinks. If it makes it then great. If it doesn’t then it’s hardly going to be the end of the world

So what happens to all those Hearts fans travelling from a distance for the grand opening who have booked flights or train tickets or hotels 

Who reimburses the for those who expenses

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You have to wonder if all these negative nellies are actually Hearts fans Desmond.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Yeah I'm still gutted she pipped you to becoming our glorious leader. 

You'll get over it eventually. Nice try at an ad-hominem though.

Just now, smiler said:

You have to wonder if all these negative nellies are actually Hearts fans Desmond.

There's a wee clique of constant negative posters. I don't think they like a woman being in charge. 

12 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Is that really an escalator?  I thought people were joking about that!

There’s one ground to first floor and one first to second,I posted pics of them weeks even months ago.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

There's a wee clique of constant negative posters. I don't think they like a woman being in charge. 

This is often brought up when anybody criticises Ann, and it is actually sexist to use it.

I view how anybody does their job upon their performance, they get no special bonus points for being white/black, protestant/catholic/whatever, Scottish/foreign, male/female or anything else. 

12 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Don't see what is in the least negative about my entirely fair comments. Don't you get bored stalking my posts?

27 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Let me think?

Lol. I very much doubt Ann Budge has had the success in life that she has had being as thin skinned as you suggest. She has had far far more plaudits than she has had criticism and rightly so. A tremendous job OFF the park which she has rightly been lauded. ON the park less so given some hideous decisions on the football front but thats not for this thread.....!

Edited by Hendricks

5 minutes ago, obua said:

There’s one ground to first floor and one first to second,I posted pics of them weeks even months ago.

Your latest thoughts Obua...? What's the biggest risk in the critical path? 

Hearts official facebook page has a new cover photo uploaded today saying nothing other than "open" which would (hopefully) suggest all systems go. However it is hearts so anything possible.

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Well said mate!

I heard it from a very good source today that Mrs Budge is getting more than a bit disenchanted with the ongoing flack she is getting over the new stand from all quarters - including Hearts fans!!

Is it not justified? I’m eternally grateful to what she has done to save the club but that does not make her exempt from scrutiny or criticism if it’s considered merited

I fully understand there can be delays on projects, I deal with that every day however in regards to what has happened there’s two scenarios that I can see - 

1. We were lied to in regards to the September opening to sell ST’s - I’m fully aware of the situation with the seats and the weather causing delays but that does not excuse the scrambling about we’re doing now to get a barely ready stand over the line 2 months later

2. Inefficient, ineffective or inept Project Management of the job, there’s been issues and they’re not reporting these out accurately which is leaving Mrs Budge exposed with incorrect statements which can’t be fulfilled 

3 minutes ago, Groot said:

Is it not justified? I’m eternally grateful to what she has done to save the club but that does not make her exempt from scrutiny or criticism if it’s considered merited

I fully understand there can be delays on projects, I deal with that every day however in regards to what has happened there’s two scenarios that I can see - 

1. We were lied to in regards to the September opening to sell ST’s - I’m fully aware of the situation with the seats and the weather causing delays but that does not excuse the scrambling about we’re doing now to get a barely ready stand over the line 2 months later

2. Inefficient, ineffective or inept Project Management of the job, there’s been issues and they’re not reporting these out accurately which is leaving Mrs Budge exposed with incorrect statements which can’t be fulfilled 

The funding is an even bigger issue (but for discussion in another thread). 

kingantti1874
48 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Bit dramatic.. Next time a game is cancelled due to failed undersold heating or terrible drainage.. Generally substandard facilities for a top tier club then should they be punished also.. How many games were Motherwell responsible for the cancellation off in recent years 

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And if by any remote chance she doesn't get her money back she has security on an asset of substantially added value as a result of others' donations of about 3 times her loan.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Bit dramatic.. Next time a game is cancelled due to failed undersold heating or terrible drainage.. Generally substandard facilities for a top tier club then should they be punished also.. How many games were Motherwell responsible for the cancellation off in recent years 

They should be held accountable yes absolutely. I think the issue for Hearts which I'd find difficult to defend is that we should not be in this position. There was no reason to put ourselves in a situation whereby we are days away from a game at Tynecastle and there was this lingering doubt. Play another game or several if required at Murrayfield or reverse additional fixtures. When we moved the Killie game we should have 100% allowed leeway to avoid this scenario. The whole timescale of the redevelopment has been mismanaged I don't think there can be any arguments over that. Should there be an issue for the weekend which of course has still to be clarified Partick / the league would now be within their rights to question our planning big time. I'd expect us to be rightly fined and have to pay components IF it is postponed and if Patrick insisted on playing it I don't think we'd have a leg to stand on.

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Well said mate!

I heard it from a very good source today that Mrs Budge is getting more than a bit disenchanted with the ongoing flack she is getting over the new stand from all quarters - including Hearts fans!!

Thomaso, that is unbelievable about how Ann is now beginning to feel. 

A thankless task.

Just like yourself and the other posters that have being providing invaluable progress updates and cracking photos of the CONSTRUCTION of the new Main Stand.

It's just a massive disappointment  that we have had so many folk nitpicking on any subject and very eager to criticise the club.

Their non-supportive posts have given a feeling more akin to this being a destructive rather than a constructive achievement by our club and all our supporters.

26 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

So what happens to all those Hearts fans travelling from a distance for the grand opening who have booked flights or train tickets or hotels 

Who reimburses the for those who expenses

I’d say it’s not the end of the world and enjoy the weekend despite the disappointment. FFS. I’ve booked gigs where they’ve been cancelled and been disappointed but you know what ? Shit happens and I went and stayed over and enjoyed the night away. Big picture and all that