New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Italian Lambretta
47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tarmac going on now at Gorgie side

20171030_134450.jpg

Did they look like a genuine Tarmac company or was there caravans parked in McLeod Street?

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Did they look like a genuine Tarmac company or was there caravans parked in McLeod Street?

Its an impressive 3 vehicle tag team

Including the tightest reverse manouvre by the big lorry not in the shot

But it could all be a front 

Edited by Mikey1874

28 minutes ago, The People's Chimp said:

Surely his point is exactly that - a complex building project with financial, logistical and programme restrictions was likely to run over and we should have faced up to that early? 

How early?

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Is practicing psychotherapy some kind of therapy for you?

And since when did repeating yourself become a new crime for the JKB police?

help-help-im-being-repressed-2825721.png

5 hours ago, CBjambo said:

This.

Regardless of the poor state of the playing squad the club have moved heaven and earth to get to where we are with the main stand. People who complain about the time it is taking have absolutely no clue of the programming nightmares a construction project faces.

Now we are into the colder months there could be more delays but I feel we are sufficiently far enough down the road with the external work that this should be minimal. To be where we are is testamount to some excellent team work by the club, design team and construction team.

Maybe everyone just needs to be thankful for what we are getting and be grateful there is a club still here to support, an alternative venue a stones throw away and that it won’t be forever!

On the other hand, if we had been more prudent and opted for the £3m breeze block structure favoured by our neighbours it would have been up in 3 weeks and we could have bought Cadden  and Moult.

13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

On the other hand, if we had been more prudent and opted for the £3m breeze block structure favoured by our neighbours it would have been up in 3 weeks and we could have bought Cadden  and Moult.

Great. Two short-term panaceas at the expense of a permanent increase in annual revenue. Should we melt the stand and buy Louis Moult with the scrap money?

Edit: or were you joking? I hope so! :D

Edited by Hearts_fan

2 minutes ago, Chaps said:

B8E549B1-743B-48CC-9BB8-7F1E363E34A4.jpeg

Not far from the view from my seat thats a belter.

Looks like the composite is almost in and then it will be closed off.

29 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Great. Two short-term panaceas at the expense of a permanent increase in annual revenue. Should we melt the stand and buy Louis Moult with the scrap money?

Edit: or were you joking? I hope so! :D

100% joking.  Our stand is sensational.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

100% joking.  Our stand is sensational.

Sorry mate! Shot from the hip with that one! Clearly we are in agreement.

11 minutes ago, Chaps said:

B8E549B1-743B-48CC-9BB8-7F1E363E34A4.jpeg

Beast! And there are more rows of seats still to go in at the top, so it will seem even bigger when complete.

Drove past today. First time in a while.

The badge and lettering look great. Not too small.The photo's really don't do it justice.It will be amazing when all done. 

HHGH

Edited by robbo1874

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Think they'll have any left over ?

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Great picture, but I make it 9 rows in the front sections rather than 10?

Think it's been said before that row 10 won't be put in until the railings are up.

2 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

Think it's been said before that row 10 won't be put in until the railings are up.

Makes sense, cheers bud! I cannot wait to walk in there for the 1st time, it looks amazing.

6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I hear Whitley Bay is nice at this time of year.

Very true. I was there last week for work; an interesting wee town although a bit run down. Glorious sunshine though:cool:

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

What was it and what was your role?

I answered the question Thomaso asked me. No-one who praises the wonderful work done by those responsible (and I agree on the whole it is wonderful) is asked to give their qualifications for expressing an opinion. I was and I did.

Now I don't care in the least whether you believe me and I have no intention of publishing my CV on JKB.

But as usual in polite response to your direct question about my role I will reply. I was the head of a business unit in a large corporation responsible for the offshore facility I referred to. I oversaw the project and was ultimately responsible for it. I did not manage the project on a day to day basis - that was the role of the Director of Engineering who reported to me. My overseeing consisted of daily contact with him and chairing a bi-weekly project meeting at which we, and the major contractors, reviewed line by line the progress on all items on the critical path. There was no possibility that the failure to order a critical component (say pipework or valves) could be forgotten about or ignored for two months. I suppose my role (at the risk of being accused of lese majestee ) was not hugely different from  Ann's role in our project - overseeing, with ultimate responsibility. The difference was I also had to report monthly to the main board.  Even a decade and more later I shudder to think of reporting to the main board that we were two months late on a major phase of the project because of a failure to place a critical order, or to spot that failure and remedy it promptly. I might just have got out of the boardroom still in post but I would not have survived 24 hours.

Just curious but where does the HMFC staff park there cars?   Do we have a private car park?  

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I assume all the additional safery work has been done to the distillery wall?

Yes you can see the new concrete wall in the second pic above,just at the corner between wheatfield and roseburn.

Just now, Hector Riva said:

Just curious but where does the HMFC staff park there cars?   Do we have a private car park?  

In car park behind wheatfield and under wheatfield stand.

4 minutes ago, obua said:

Yes you can see the new concrete wall in the second pic above,just at the corner between wheatfield and roseburn.

You can indeed. ?

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You can indeed. ?

It also returns into the school car park,you can see the white lines return alongside the blue and white containers

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I answered the question Thomaso asked me. No-one who praises the wonderful work done by those responsible (and I agree on the whole it is wonderful) is asked to give their qualifications for expressing an opinion. I was and I did.

Now I don't care in the least whether you believe me and I have no intention of publishing my CV on JKB.

But as usual in polite response to your direct question about my role I will reply. I was the head of a business unit in a large corporation responsible for the offshore facility I referred to. I oversaw the project and was ultimately responsible for it. I did not manage the project on a day to day basis - that was the role of the Director of Engineering who reported to me. My overseeing consisted of daily contact with him and chairing a bi-weekly project meeting at which we, and the major contractors, reviewed line by line the progress on all items on the critical path. There was no possibility that the failure to order a critical component (say pipework or valves) could be forgotten about or ignored for two months. I suppose my role (at the risk of being accused of lese majestee ) was not hugely different from  Ann's role in our project - overseeing, with ultimate responsibility. The difference was I also had to report monthly to the main board.  Even a decade and more later I shudder to think of reporting to the main board that we were two months late on a major phase of the project because of a failure to place a critical order, or to spot that failure and remedy it promptly. I might just have got out of the boardroom still in post but I would not have survived 24 hours.

That reflects my business experiences, people would only ever be over budget and / or late on a project once!!

However by employing good quality people (experience & competency) the big projects I was involved with were either delivered early or on time and under or on budget.

But as building a new main stand is a ‘once a century’ activity theres probably not a lot of experience on this matter in the club! Just hope they archive ‘the lessons learned’ for the next one!!

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

That reflects my business experiences, people would only ever be over budget and / or late on a project once!!

However by employing good quality people (experience & competency) the big projects I was involved with were either delivered early or on time and under or on budget.

But as building a new main stand is a ‘once a century’ activity theres probably not a lot of experience on this matter in the club! Just hope they archive ‘the lessons learned’ for the next one!!

What is the normal delivery timescale on a project this size and complex ?

Genuine question cause for me 8-9months from initial demolition of outer buildings to now is quite remarkable when you take into account access was limited till late May.

Perhaps it really is down to setting too tough a delivery initially setting the wrong expectations (seats aside).

Is the article in the EEN factual about the capacity, or just a wild guess? They claim 7300, looks a lot bigger than that.

Just now, Jamboelite said:

What is the normal delivery timescale on a project this size and complex ?

Genuine question cause for me 8-9months from initial demolition of outer buildings to now is quite remarkable when you take into account access was limited till late May.

Perhaps it really is down to setting too tough a delivery initially setting the wrong expectations (seats aside).

It typically takes 52 weeks to build a primary school and 75 for a secondary school. That's based on starting on a clear site so it gives you an indication of the progress at tynie given they had to demolish all the existing buildings, work around the existing structure and work within the confines of what is a city centre site.

*discount Boroughmuir from that timescale as that has been a monumental f up.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

He is. I disagree with some of his issues, but he's quite rare in that you can have grown-up debate without descending into insults.

Mockery? Maybe you're referring to the Atlantis comment - I hoped that was friendly banter. If you've taken offence FA, I apologise! The original Atlantis story was about hubris though, and there was a touch of 'my construction project's bigger than yours' about the post in question - albeit severely provoked by Thomaso...  :smile:

No offence taken. The "mine is bigger than yours" bit deserved to be mocked.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Correct.And that is the way of business,best way to work.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I like the white 'lip' at the front of the roof. 

That is taken about the same height as the TV gantry so that feature will look good when the cameras pan out especially. Much better than Leith's breezeblock Bernab'ue any day of the week. :thumbsup:

I still think the stand has been built remarkably quickly . What would I know though I am no expert, unlike all those construction and financial masterminds that populate this forum.

The club obviously had an untapped wealth of expertise that they failed to utilize. 

Experts Experts everywhere :rolleyes4:

1 hour ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

It typically takes 52 weeks to build a primary school and 75 for a secondary school. That's based on starting on a clear site so it gives you an indication of the progress at tynie given they had to demolish all the existing buildings, work around the existing structure and work within the confines of what is a city centre site.

*discount Boroughmuir from that timescale as that has been a monumental f up.

Puts a little context to the people who are upset.??

5 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Take it thats the gable end thats getting the artwork on it? Wonder if the club would consider letting the fans vote for the design out of a choice of 3?

5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Do they have 3 designs?

Aye cause JKB is capable of making a decision on anything the club ever does!!!

We can’t put up a sheet of glass without the moon howlers clearing their throat.

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Do they have 3 designs?

I dont know if they have 1. Just thought it would be nice to get a say on the design. Does it need planning permission?

28 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

We can’t put up a sheet of glass without the moon howlers clearing their throat.

Yip.

Maybe not JKB he's talking about but FOH pledgers or ST holders. If so, why not !

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I dont know if they have 1. Just thought it would be nice to get a say on the design. Does it need planning permission?

I'm sure the muriel was to reflect the history of Gorgie i.e. The Distillery, Gorgie Glue Factory, Diggers, Assie Wassah the rag and bone man I'm sure there are more with older memories than mine.

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

I'm sure the muriel was to reflect the history of Gorgie i.e. The Distillery, Gorgie Glue Factory, Diggers, Assie Wassah the rag and bone man I'm sure there are more with older memories than mine.

Pretty sure it will look damn fine.

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip.

Maybe not JKB he's talking about but FOH pledgers or ST holders. If so, why not !

I wouldnt let the arseholes on here have a say but put a few posters up of various designs and a website to go onto to vote your choice. 

I'd love the club to do similar with shirts every season too!

Jambof3tornado
51 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Lol at moon howlers!!