New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

18 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Surely there won't be another delay. I am getting really fed up with Murrayfield as it is and the thought of even more games makes me want to go on holiday until the long saga of the new stand finally ends.:mad:

I hear Whitley Bay is nice at this time of year.

Allowayjambo1874
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

They will be in containers

You have the patience of a saint Thomaso, answering the same questions over and over again, well done mate. 

Now about these corners..........

35 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I'm sure it would make sense to put potted trees in if you know what I mean. Having planted trees would just cause problems with roots etc?

Well it sounded reasonable in my head!

Planting advice etc 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=prunus+cerasifera&oq=prunus+c&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l2j5.7096j0j4&client=ms-android-h3g-gb&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, CBjambo said:

This.

Regardless of the poor state of the playing squad the club have moved heaven and earth to get to where we are with the main stand. People who complain about the time it is taking have absolutely no clue of the programming nightmares a construction project faces.

Now we are into the colder months there could be more delays but I feel we are sufficiently far enough down the road with the external work that this should be minimal. To be where we are is testamount to some excellent team work by the club, design team and construction team.

Maybe everyone just needs to be thankful for what we are getting and be grateful there is a club still here to support, an alternative venue a stones throw away and that it won’t be forever!

Presumably when they set the September date (or indeed the November date) for opening the stand the club, design team and construction team also had no idea despite the excellent team work about the programming nightmares a construction project faces. And the seats fiasco suggests the team work was perhaps not all it might be. 

It isn't a question of impatience. If we had chosen to play the whole season at Murrayfield I'd have been quite content. It is the failure to meet deadlines with no real explanation of the reasons, but rather bullshit about having to test the facilities, as if that wasn't part of any planned schedules in any construction project. 

50 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

They will be in containers

The original plans show the trees in open bottom containers to allow the roots to go into the ground.

Do you know if this has now changed, and are benches still part of the plan?

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Presumably when they set the September date (or indeed the November date) for opening the stand the club, design team and construction team also had no idea despite the excellent team work about the programming nightmares a construction project faces. And the seats fiasco suggests the team work was perhaps not all it might be. 

It isn't a question of impatience. If we had chosen to play the whole season at Murrayfield I'd have been quite content. It is the failure to meet deadlines with no real explanation of the reasons, but rather bullshit about having to test the facilities, as if that wasn't part of any planned schedules in any construction project. 

Why do you keep repeating yourself ?

Is picking faults some kind of therapy for you ?

13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How you ever managed a complex building project with financial, logistical and programme restrictions FA?

Or are you just an outsider continually bumping your gums??

4 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

The original plans show the trees in open bottom containers to allow the roots to go into the ground.

Do you know if this has now changed, and are benches still part of the plan?

Sorry don't know.

47 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

You have the patience of a saint Thomaso, answering the same questions over and over again, well done mate. 

Now about these corners..........

So glad some humour has reappeared. Thank you. This made me chuckle

Hackney Hearts

Great view! I don't know how many feet up that is, but it's great to be able to see the heart in the plaza from there. Seems to be about the size of four cars.

41 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Aye right. You'd have been greetin about something else instead.

14 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

From Twitter.

DNYZz2JWkAEaM44.jpg

This photograph shows the size of the project we are undertaking here.  We are not just building "a stand" with the facilities built in the undercroft below the seating, as many other Clubs have done - we are building a large complex annex interfacing with the stand, which is unique certainly in Scotland.

All this takes time and money.

Francis Albert
35 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Why do you keep repeating yourself ?

Is picking faults some kind of therapy for you ?

Is practicing psychotherapy some kind of therapy for you?

And since when did repeating yourself become a new crime for the JKB police?

Francis Albert
36 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

How you ever managed a complex building project with financial, logistical and programme restrictions FA?

I have overseen a bigger and more complex construction project which, being offshore, had had greater financial, logistical and programme restrictions that a relatively small football stand in Edinburgh.

And as always the many positive things I have said about this project are ignored.

My problem is as I have said not the delay but the lack of clarity and open-ness about the cause.

FoH is by far the largest funder of the project and I think it reasonable for the fans to get more than repeated statements about how wonderful the stand is and what a great job everyone is doing.

I'll try not to repeat myself again, but as long as others do I probably will.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I have overseen a bigger and more complex construction project which, being offshore, had had greater financial, logistical and programme restrictions that a relatively small football stand in Edinburgh.

And as always the many positive things I have said about this project are ignored.

My problem is as I have said not the delay but the lack of clarity and open-ness about the cause.

FoH is by far the largest funder of the project and I think it reasonable for the fans to get more than repeated statements about how wonderful the stand is and what a great job everyone is doing.

What was it and what was your role?

Lucille's Thirsty
42 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

From Twitter.

DNYZz2JWkAEaM44.jpg

What a great little stadium we will have, with the other stands getting a facelift also we will have a great stadium plus a great training ground in a beautiful city. Better players will come surely.

43 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

From Twitter.

DNYZz2JWkAEaM44.jpg

The roofs of the stands look perfect for solar panels. #savemoney

The stadium is looking fantastic.

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is a pity that when the Club had their divine intervention that the Manager they sought was actually at the Club, that they did not have a similar vision that identified you as the saviour of this construction project.......

Hackney Hearts
13 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Construction of Atlantis - Head of Sea Defences.

18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It is a pity that when the Club had their divine intervention that the Manager they sought was actually at the Club, that they did not have a similar vision that identified you as the saviour of this construction project.......

:rofl:

45 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

This photograph shows the size of the project we are undertaking here.  We are not just building "a stand" with the facilities built in the undercroft below the seating, as many other Clubs have done - we are building a large complex annex interfacing with the stand, which is unique certainly in Scotland.

All this takes time and money.

Out of curiosity, what additional benefits to the club will building a complex annex bring that couldn't have been achieved by incorporating the facilities in the undercroft?

Also, I may be wrong but I thought Celtic 'interfaced' something similar with their main stand when they redeveloped their stadium in the 1990s?

Celtic Park New.jpg

18 minutes ago, kila said:

Using Google 3D maps

Before and after

131.png.8caec9bd775d2633a7d0d3af0241af23.png

DNYZz2JWkAEaM44.jpg.c0ed2375b935e41212774ec85ea6b850.jpg

Is that solar panels on the top of the Weatfield (in the bottom pic)?

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

;)

I hear Whitley Bay is nice at this time of year.

I go there every year. This was me on the beach at this time last year. 

images.jpg

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

In fairness to FA the main points he makes are reasonable.

56 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

TBF I'd be unwilling to give out info that could identify me online like that, especially if I had as big a fan club as old FA

49 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

When are they changing the black lettering..

Hackney Hearts
8 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

In fairness to FA the main points he makes are reasonable.

True. But as has been noted before, it's like the boy who cried wolf on certain issues.

FA's one of my favourite posters though, for various reasons. 

27 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Is that solar panels on the top of the Weatfield (in the bottom pic)?

Looks like it.

Edited by primrose

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, CBjambo said:

This.

Regardless of the poor state of the playing squad the club have moved heaven and earth to get to where we are with the main stand. People who complain about the time it is taking have absolutely no clue of the programming nightmares a construction project faces.

Now we are into the colder months there could be more delays but I feel we are sufficiently far enough down the road with the external work that this should be minimal. To be where we are is testamount to some excellent team work by the club, design team and construction team.

Maybe everyone just needs to be thankful for what we are getting and be grateful there is a club still here to support, an alternative venue a stones throw away and that it won’t be forever!

Still replying to the reply made to my post about more games at Murrayfield I see. I thought I subsequently made it clear it was the teams displays there that I was having a moan about and the need to get back to Tynecastle as soon as possible and not anything to do with the workforce. :thumbsup:

Read on another thread, of how much money was going to be made from the corporate facilities, im aware that it is a huge business, hiring of rooms, etc for business, and it all ploughs into the our club!

19 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

True. But as has been noted before, it's like the boy who cried wolf on certain issues.

FA's one of my favourite posters though, for various reasons. 

Yeah course he is.Hence you and others attempts at mockery

Hackney Hearts
15 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Yeah course he is.Hence you and others attempts at mockery

He is. I disagree with some of his issues, but he's quite rare in that you can have grown-up debate without descending into insults.

Mockery? Maybe you're referring to the Atlantis comment - I hoped that was friendly banter. If you've taken offence FA, I apologise! The original Atlantis story was about hubris though, and there was a touch of 'my construction project's bigger than yours' about the post in question - albeit severely provoked by Thomaso...  :smile:

Edited by Hackney Hearts

1 hour ago, kila said:

Using Google 3D maps

Before and after

131.png.8caec9bd775d2633a7d0d3af0241af23.png

DNYZz2JWkAEaM44.jpg.c0ed2375b935e41212774ec85ea6b850.jpg

Looking at the 'after' picture, the new stand has single handedly wiped out the TSB, The Gorgie Fish Bar, A Touch of Silk to name but a few local businesses.

Frankly, i'm disgusted.  I feel unwashed.  I'm with FA, the whole bloody thing is a FARCE.

I'm a great believer in free speech and enjoy reading everyone's opinions on the new stand even if they're calculatingly negative and laden with personal grudges.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

And the band played?

brunoatemyhamster
2 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

From Twitter.

DNYZz2JWkAEaM44.jpg

Love to see the corners either filled in or covered over time , just to give it that " Not built in four installments look " if you know what i mean. It would look smashing.

Big shout out for some under appreciated photography from all btw. 

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tarmac going on now at Gorgie side

20171030_134450.jpg

Take it thats the gable end thats getting the artwork on it? Wonder if the club would consider letting the fans vote for the design out of a choice of 3?

1 hour ago, Mellor said:

Out of curiosity, what additional benefits to the club will building a complex annex bring that couldn't have been achieved by incorporating the facilities in the undercroft?

Is that a serious question? 

47 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

He is. I disagree with some of his issues, but he's quite rare in that you can have grown-up debate without descending into insults.

Mockery? Maybe you're referring to the Atlantis comment - I hoped that was friendly banter. If you've taken offence FA, I apologise! The original Atlantis story was about hubris though, and there was a touch of 'my construction project's bigger than yours' about the post in question - albeit severely provoked by Thomaso...  :smile:

As you said - just a bit of banter.

11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Take it thats the gable end thats getting the artwork on it? Wonder if the club would consider letting the fans vote for the design out of a choice of 3?

Looks like it already has some artwork on it :)

13 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Do they have 3 designs?

The People's Chimp
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Surely his point is exactly that - a complex building project with financial, logistical and programme restrictions was likely to run over and we should have faced up to that early?