New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

13 minutes ago, Jamborello said:

Just when you think today is miserable enough, along comes you know who to finish the job off...

:laugh:

2 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

PJ is 100% correct, anyone attempting to defend the last couple of performances must be of their feckin nut.

Its more to do with folk being incredibly over dramatic and negative to boot chief, that is very tiresome ?

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yep. We'll no doubt have a brillint new statement soon from ann to enthuse over.

i saw the stand in the flesh today for the first time.The photographers have a done a good job because it was ecactly as i expected. Only slight surprise was the size of crest on "piazza floor" - bigger than the photos suggested.

Overall looks fine and does the job. Still don't get the adulation and idolatry.

Not one of us cares that you still don't get it, thousands of us do get it. I do feel slightly sorry for you though. You think you're a Jambo, but obviously lack bona fide Jambo genetics. I think you just need a cuddle.

4 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Its more to do with folk being incredibly over dramatic and negative to boot chief, that is very tiresome ?

One positive, we scored a brilliant free kick, buggered if i can recall anything else...oh aye sorry, it never pished rain.

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Not one of us cares that you still don't get it, thousands of us do get it. I do feel slightly sorry for you though. You think you're a Jambo, but obviously lack bona fide Jambo genetics. I think you just need a cuddle.

Who are"us" and when did  they get the right to define who has "bona fide jambo genetics". I haven't heard anyone much before during or after games talk about the stand. This thread gives a misleading impression of the level of interest in the new stand . Yes we all glad its happening but we are not all as obsessive that after a terrible performance we turn to pictures of the new stand for consolation. Me i'm going to have another pint.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert.....Jeez, you must be a great guy to be around -  you come across as miserable and  a bit of a know it all. I assume you're drinking your pint on your own.

Personally I do see the new stand as a massive positive and enjoy seeing its progress (as I'm sure lots of Hearts fans do). I've no idea why you'd want to find fault in that.

Edited by JayTeeJnr
Didn't quote

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Who are"us" and when did  they get the right to define who has "bona fide jambo genetics". I haven't heard anyone much before during or after games talk about the stand. This thread gives a misleading impression of the level of interest in the new stand . Yes we all glad its happening but we are not all as obsessive that after a terrible performance we turn to pictures of the new stand for consolation. Me i'm going to have another pint.

Us? if you have to ask then I can't tell you. "misleading impression" who is being mislead? In individuals minds the new stand can be as big as bold or it can look just fine and do the the job. Another pint?  Your spelling is atrocious, we/us will have some fun with that later. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry i don't share your view that the new stand is a sort of aphrodisiac that gets you back up.

FA I find it tragic that you find the need to constantly troll this thread with endless negativity, or damning with faint praise, just so you can get a reaction. You don’t like the new stand very much, fine, but do us all a favour and keep it yourself would you?

12 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

I seen the stand today for the first time in the flesh. Much more impressive than in the photos. Looks great.

I agree, but the photo takers have been impressive.

18 minutes ago, Jamborello said:

FA I find it tragic that you find the need to constantly troll this thread with endless negativity, or damning with faint praise, just so you can get a reaction. You don’t like the new stand very much, fine, but do us all a favour and keep it yourself would you?

I agree mate, but don't scare him off, The Francis has admitted he's on the sauce...lets have some fun with this.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

I agree mate, but don't scare him off, The Francis has admitted he's on the sauce...lets have some fun with this.

So praise has to be of a certain strength to be valid. I am waiting on a flight to complete my 800 mile round trip for today's game. And posting from my phone which may explain my poor spelling. On the other hand perhaps my non-jambo genetics have something to do with it.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Yep. We'll no doubt have a brillint new statement soon from ann to enthuse over.

i saw the stand in the flesh today for the first time.The photographers have a done a good job because it was ecactly as i expected. Only slight surprise was the size of crest on "piazza floor" - bigger than the photos suggested.

Overall looks fine and does the job. Still don't get the adulation and idolatry.

Well as long as you’re content then £14m well spent.

Got really close to that area today and had a blether with the hi-viz security guy with weegie accent and Maroon tie on. The composite steel flooring is still getting lowered through the muckle gap in the roof, I saw it happen.

David Bailey, even with his perfection couldn't do this new structure justice. Seeing it up close for the 1st time today gave me goosebumps, sadly they were soon erased when the zombies went 3 up. 

Great, thanks for that.

Francis Albert

Got really close to that area today and had a blether with the hi-viz security guy with weegie accent and Maroon tie on. The composite steel flooring is still getting lowered through the muckle gap in the roof, I saw it happen.

David Bailey, even with his perfection couldn't do this new structure justice. Seeing it up close for the 1st time today gave me goosebumps, sadly they were soon erased when the zombies went 3 up. 

Incidentally how many had you had when you saw the zombies go 3 up?

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis doesn't think the stand looks great but accepts that it will do a job. Seems like a fair enough opinion to me. 

For the love of the children, can we just move on? 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Francis doesn't think the stand looks great but accepts that it will do a job. Seems like a fair enough opinion to me. 

For the love of the children, can we just move on? 

To where though, BB, to where ?

There's countless other things that may not come up to the exacting standards of JKB.

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So praise has to be of a certain strength to be valid. I am waiting on a flight to complete my 800 mile round trip for today's game. And posting from my phone which may explain my poor spelling. On the other hand perhaps my non-jambo genetics have something to do with it.

Nah, any form of praise is welcomed. Good for you, I sincerely hope you have a safe and enjoyable flight back to Trolland (just jesting).

800 mile round trip, you obviously have a smidgen of passion for Heart of Midlothian FC, all we/us ask is lighten the ..ck up!

40 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Respect FA I don't always agree with some of your negativity, but there is no doubting you have Hearts best interest at heart . We all suffer the same but we just express it in different ways I suppose . 

27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Incidentally how many had you had when you saw the zombies go 3 up?

Goosebumps or Quinta Rubans?

14 minutes ago, Boab said:

To where though, BB, to where ?

There's countless other things that may not come up to the exacting standards of JKB.

Here, here.

11 hours ago, Red Jamie said:

There it is again. Just because we almost died doesn't mean you have to accept absolutely everything that isn't death. 

The club want a capacity that breaches 20k. Why don't you?

200 seats could equate to ~£80,000 a year in lost revenue, if not more. Why isn't that an issue?

But what if the implications of building those extra 200 seats was an extra £1m on the cost of the build? Not saying it would have been but that’s the reality of how this type of thing works. I’m sure the club/architects looked at a number of variations in terms of size vs costs and what we have will closest hit the sweet spot financially.

In addition how many sellouts will we have over the next ten years?  Those use extra seats might only be required 6-10 games a season max, so paying off the investment might take longer than you’d expect.

30 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Budge & her arseholes who 'Arnae pant wettars & pyor clevers'. :lol:

You sad mugs.

Nelly, what the hell Are you trying to say.?

We need to make sure tynecastle is ready for partick at home. It doesnt matter if the toilets, kiosks etc are up to scratch. As long as the seats and accesses are in place. 

I hope we don't drag it out an extra month to get another couple of money spinning games out of murrayfield. 

13 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

We need to make sure tynecastle is ready for partick at home. It doesnt matter if the toilets, kiosks etc are up to scratch. As long as the seats and accesses are in place. 

I hope we don't drag it out an extra month to get another couple of money spinning games out of murrayfield. 

I would  be surprised if the games v Kilmarnock and Partick would be money spinners at Murrayfield. 

Gates will be around 18k, the vast majority will be season ticket holders. 

4,000 tickets will be about break even on the hire of MF. 

9 minutes ago, CMc said:

I would  be surprised if the games v Kilmarnock and Partick would be money spinners at Murrayfield. 

Gates will be around 18k, the vast majority will be season ticket holders. 

4,000 tickets will be about break even on the hire of MF. 

I meant by dragging it out to the end of December to get the Celtic and hibs games at murrayfield. 

5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I meant by dragging it out to the end of December to get the Celtic and hibs games at murrayfield. 

The seethe that would be produced if we had to do that for whatever reason would be immense.

Governor Tarkin
13 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You sad mugs.

An excellent point, succinctly made.

15 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It that happens I’m running to the hills

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It that happens I’m running to the hills

Would cost us badly and I am not talking in terms of cash but points and they are much more valuable.

16 minutes ago, graygo said:

The seethe that would be produced if we had to do that for whatever reason would be immense.

Murrayfield primed and ready for up to Celtic game.

Wether that happens is another thing.

JkB is soft, there will be no seethe

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I disagree with your last point, folk like me who have given them the benefit of the doubt up to now would soon change their standpoint in my opinion.

Is it not the case anyway that the initial agreement was for only 4 games?

Edited by graygo

26 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Ahh, got you. 

Still not not sure it would be profitable. 

Getting horsed off Celtic would not be a big draw. 

Given recent performances against Hibs, we’d not be getting the Hampden part timers out. 

Also, the Autumn internationals at Murrayfield are the day before Partick and the day of Ross County. No chance they can be played at MF. 

2 minutes ago, CMc said:

Ahh, got you. 

Still not not sure it would be profitable. 

Getting horsed off Celtic would not be a big draw. 

Given recent performances against Hibs, we’d not be getting the Hampden part timers out. 

Also, the Autumn internationals at Murrayfield are the day before Partick and the day of Ross County. No chance they can be played at MF. 

Someone asked Ann budge the question around your last point 're the autumn internationals, at the recent shareholder dinner, and she assured us that there is a contingency in place to be able to use Murrayfield, despite these games being on! I presume we would play the day before or after. 

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We going to play on that pitch the day after the All Blacks? The same day as the Wallabies?

or are we going back to MF after we’ve been at Tynecastle?

http://www.autumn-internationals.co.uk/2017/scotland-v-australia.html

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/scores-fixtures/2017-11

13 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You sad mugs.

Maybe when he has sobered up he will be able to translate .:banghead2:

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Someone asked Ann budge the question around your last point 're the autumn internationals, at the recent shareholder dinner, and she assured us that there is a contingency in place to be able to use Murrayfield, despite these games being on! I presume we would play the day before or after. 

Oooft. 

The pitch will be in some state if that is the case. 

22 minutes ago, Gambo said:

No one can ever call you a happy clapper thats for sure.

Unless they chuck in a photo opportunity of course.

I saw the stand with my own eyes for the 1st time yesterday, having travelled up for the game. For other long distance fans, it is truly magnificent and you have to see it in the flesh to fully appreciate it. We have some excellent photographers on JKB and I thank them for all the updates but seeing it for real was an experience. We'll have some Stadium and very soon too. Yesterday's disgrace at Murrayfield will soon be forgotten and a mere bump on the road. At some point, hopefully soon, the playing side will be sorted and if will have an intimidating bear pit to play in every fortnight.

Keep the faith,

HHGH

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

An excellent point, succinctly made.

Thanks my good man. I must admit I was tad, 'refreshed' at the time of posting, but feel although made with a degee of brevity my point was pertinent.