New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

31 minutes ago, Jamborello said:

I’m curious about the private boxes that the Hearts website mentions:

In addition to the new lounges, the main stand will offer five exclusive boxes which provide guests a private space in which to host friends, colleagues or family. Positioned at the front of of the Main Stand, boxes overlook the beautiful piazza.”

These aren’t shown anywhere on the plans that are on the council planning website, can any of the guys on site give us an idea where these are in relation to the other lounges?

There was a brochure released a few months ago that described the different Executive boxes you could purchase. I think they were spread over a couple of floors but may be wrong. Not sure where on the Hearts site the brochure might be found.

Think it was in the same brochure that described the various Hospitality options.

Sure one of the boxes was about 30k a year.

10 hours ago, Mellor said:

Out of curiosity, what additional benefits to the club will building a complex annex bring that couldn't have been achieved by incorporating the facilities in the undercroft?

Also, I may be wrong but I thought Celtic 'interfaced' something similar with their main stand when they redeveloped their stadium in the 1990s?

Celtic Park New.jpg

One of our resident Hobos Peevemor back I see.

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

They were still working on it when that pic was taken

Good spot 

Seems an odd way to do it. Will that bit look patched once it is done?

11 hours ago, Mellor said:

Out of curiosity, what additional benefits to the club will building a complex annex bring that couldn't have been achieved by incorporating the facilities in the undercroft?

Also, I may be wrong but I thought Celtic 'interfaced' something similar with their main stand when they redeveloped their stadium in the 1990s?

Celtic Park New.jpg

How big do u think the under Croft is.the annex as you call it contains on the ground floor,reception.players lounge,shop,nursery,turnstile entrances.first floor function suites,directors suites.second floor function room,offices(yes it is an office block)top floor skyline restaurant or what it’s called.so do we have an undercroft or a tardis .

13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Seems an odd way to do it. Will that bit look patched once it is done?

That's the space for the sentry box :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

There was a brochure released a few months ago that described the different Executive boxes you could purchase. I think they were spread over a couple of floors but may be wrong. Not sure where on the Hearts site the brochure might be found.

Think it was in the same brochure that described the various Hospitality options.

Sure one of the boxes was about 30k a year.

I saw that too, you are right about the prices, the dearest one is 36K! It doesn’t mention where they are though.

http://cdn.heartsfc.co.uk/assets/downloads/Corporate Memberships & Hospitality.pdf

Thanks to Obua for your response - keep the pictures coming :wink:

2 minutes ago, Jamborello said:

I saw that too, you are right about the prices, the dearest one is 36K! It doesn’t mention where they are though.

http://cdn.heartsfc.co.uk/assets/downloads/Corporate Memberships & Hospitality.pdf

No problem mate.I need to be careful about the pictures because of work stuff.I also get pissed with certain posters who say I should be working not taking pics.i can take a few pics at break and guys like RAY GIN to name one thinks I should be hung drawn and quartered,that’s why some days I just think it’s not worth bothering.

1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Getting bums on seats 3 weeks later than initially anticipated is tolerable and acceptable. All new systems testing/commissioning will now enjoy longer lead times. I'm sure this extra time will deliver flawless operations for our 1st real home fixture. I believe that other building areas of the construction process have benefited and accelerated due to an employees oversight, (easy done) :thumbsup: Every cloud eh?

Repeatedly spearing the arse out of a mere 3 week delay, i'll thought out media offerings and lack of transparency is extremely unnecessary & so £uck*** Hibs.;)

It's not a 3 week delay to what was initially anticipated though, we were meant to have our first home game on 9th September.

31 minutes ago, Jamborello said:

From that link they are described as:

Positioned at the front of of the Main Stand, boxes overlook the beautiful piazza.

3 hours ago, kila said:

Not seen anything to suggest there will be at the top other than that the directors would have to walk down the stairs next to section Q or R otherwise

Aisle at the bottom to whatever hospitality seats these will be can be seen in the photo posted earlier:

2525.png.a225ddefe3143a5bee6681470adfdc82.png

If that is the directors seats , a nice wee westerly breeze along with the rain and they'll be getting a nice soaking .

Maybe Obua or Thomaso know but do the numbering on the seats start at the right hand side ,looking from the pitch , for each section 

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's not a 3 week delay to what was initially anticipated though, we were meant to have our first home game on 9th September.

Appreciated correction, thank you. The inclusion of the words "another three"  should have been used. 

7 hours ago, obua said:

I also get pissed with certain posters who say I should be working not taking pics.

I for one appreciate your pictures. Please keep them coming.

8 hours ago, obua said:

No problem mate.I need to be careful about the pictures because of work stuff.I also get pissed with certain posters who say I should be working not taking pics.i can take a few pics at break and guys like RAY GIN to name one thinks I should be hung drawn and quartered,that’s why some days I just think it’s not worth bothering.

I'm pretty sure they're joking! But anyway, enough with your whingeing, get some bloody work done!

10 hours ago, JALBO said:

Presumably that's where the director's box will be? It also appears from that photo / kila's diagram that there's a stair leading up from above the tunnel to the councourse level. That seems a bit odd.

I think the stair above the new tunnel will be there because without it, you'd have a few continuous rows of seats that would be around 30-32 seats long, and I think the maximum allowed is 28.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, obua said:

How big do u think the under Croft is.the annex as you call it contains on the ground floor,reception.players lounge,shop,nursery,turnstile entrances.first floor function suites,directors suites.second floor function room,offices(yes it is an office block)top floor skyline restaurant or what it’s called.so do we have an undercroft or a tardis .

We should have installed a TARDIS.

Missed opportunity, "who" can we blame for that.

14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think the stair above the new tunnel will be there because without it, you'd have a few continuous rows of seats that would be around 30-32 seats long, and I think the maximum allowed is 28.

Middle block only has 25 seats

Around 11% more bum space

letsalldothebeattie
20 hours ago, kila said:

Using Google 3D maps

Before and after

131.png.8caec9bd775d2633a7d0d3af0241af23.png

DNYZz2JWkAEaM44.jpg.c0ed2375b935e41212774ec85ea6b850.jpg

It’s amazing to see the difference from then to now and how much bigger the new stand is taking up most of the room of where the old stand & shop was

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Pretty sure it will look damn fine.

I sure it will good but we will have to watch out for a few poundland Banksy wannabes from Lochend adding to it.:sick:

Quoting about the mural if not clear.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

19 minutes ago, kila said:

Middle block only has 25 seats

Around 11% more bum space

It's a lot wider in the lower section.

8 hours ago, obua said:

Ignore them, I am now stuck in Shetland and your pics are what have me refreshing this page about 100 times a day, to get my fix. Thanks really doesn't cover it at all, but is all I can offer you for the pics and my sanity.

8 hours ago, obua said:

I think they were probably joking bud but even if they're not, keep up the good work!  We need a pic fix!

All roads lead to Gorgie
21 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

From Twitter.

DNYZz2JWkAEaM44.jpg

You can see from that there is still scope to build a bigger Wheatfield out to the corner of Wheatfield St and Wheatfield Pl taking in some of the community pitch. Maybe if revenue from the main is a big success we could look to that in a decade or so. Not a filling in the corners idea :smile:

42 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Looking again, there seems to be 15 seats per row above each dugout. I think there would be two rows above the new tunnel which could continue right along if the small staircase wasn't there, but assuming the tunnel and the staircases either side of it take up 8 seats of space, that would give a consecutive run of 38 seats.

Seems to be an awful lot of talking about the specifics of the actual numbers of seats of late? I thought we weren't allowed to talk about such things after those who are not to be disagreed with told us that the actual capacity was in fact not of any importance?

Odd.

Anyhow - passed down McLeod St for the first time in a long time for a look in the flesh. Last time I saw it in person was near the start of the construction of the façade if I remember correctly, so its changed a heck of a lot since my last visit. Been a bit sceptical of the folk saying 'looks much better in the flesh' or talking about the photos not doing it justice - but they are spot on. It might not be without its flaws, but it does look mightily impressive.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Daughters new school delayed by another 2 months now 8 months overdue.

Feel very privileged to have had the brilliant work and dedication of our crew.

Well done all. Small miracle to be honest 

23 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

You can see from that there is still scope to build a bigger Wheatfield out to the corner of Wheatfield St and Wheatfield Pl taking in some of the community pitch. Maybe if revenue from the main is a big success we could look to that in a decade or so. Not a filling in the corners idea :smile:

Do the distillery not own the land behind the Whaeatfield? Even if we did own it or strike a deal to buy it we would possibly not get planning approval due to how close the warehouse is to any extension.

12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Balls. Give us one example of such a game.

Hearts 1 Celtic 0 Dec 1986. Neil Berry

I'd say about 33,000 packed in 

25,886 the official attendance 

11 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Aisle at the bottom of the middle section (rows 11-15) seems a bit unnecessary, imo. What's the point in that?

Press area possibly? 

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do the distillery not own the land behind the Whaeatfield? Even if we did own it or strike a deal to buy it we would possibly not get planning approval due to how close the warehouse is to any extension.

They do own it at the moment and I have a fear that they could sell the bit nearest the road for housing at some point. We would then be even more restricted as far as space to expand is concerned. It would be nice to have an agreement there just in case.

55 minutes ago, WFB said:

Ignore them, I am now stuck in Shetland and your pics are what have me refreshing this page about 100 times a day, to get my fix. Thanks really doesn't cover it at all, but is all I can offer you for the pics and my sanity.

Given Hearts haven't really understood the level of interest seeing some pics from inside had been great 

Much appreciated 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was there and it was a tight squeeze in the shed. It must have been all ticket although I can't remember precisely. I think maybe we were copying selick and printing our own back then at games like these. :smile:

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was at that game as a 14 year old laddie and it was mobbed, could hardly move.  They only other time it was like that in my memory was the Scotland V Portugal U16 World Cup game that was delayed due to the crowd being so big.

Just a couple of questions if anyone knows.

When will the covers be taken off the seats ?

I had read somewhere about the club looking for volunteers to test some aspects of the stadium. Anyone know any more about this ?

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I sure it will good but we will have to watch out for a few poundland Banksy wannabes from Lochend adding to it.:sick:

Quoting about the mural if not clear.

2 machine gun nests should offer an adequate killing zone.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Just a couple of questions if anyone knows.

When will the covers be taken off the seats ?

I had read somewhere about the club looking for volunteers to test some aspects of the stadium. Anyone know any more about this ?

Think it was the new entry setup that they wanted to perhaps test. Few thousand punters getting an early peak should be easily achieved.

Gene Parmesan
12 hours ago, kila said:

Not seen anything to suggest there will be at the top other than that the directors would have to walk down the stairs next to section Q or R otherwise

Aisle at the bottom to whatever hospitality seats these will be can be seen in the photo posted earlier:

2525.png.a225ddefe3143a5bee6681470adfdc82.png

You can see the first media desks being installed in the back row above the left-hand dugout there.

My guess is there's an aisle in the director's box to allow them to get in and out more quickly (duties to attend to at half time and full time etc etc)

36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Edited by Thomaso

Please keep the pictures coming.  Brilliant to watch the progress, both inside and out.

I don't live in Edinburgh so don't get the chance to come down to see the progress, except on match days.

Ignore the tossers and the Hobos

Imagine how busy these people must be at work if they complain about a few snaps and an occasional upload. How do they find the time to view and then post themselves?

As I said, please keep the pictures coming...

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Yeah, I think if there is any future development it should be putting another tier on the Wheatfield or something like that.

Filling in the corners would probably be more expensive than people realise for what it is, as we'd need to move the floodlights pylons which are load bearing, as they are holding all the trusses. 

Then we'd have to find another way of holding up every roof, no doubt done by big suspension wires or something into the ground behind the stands or a completely new roof which would have to be cantilevered. 

Then new floodlights on top of the stands and all the heavy duty electrics which would come with that.

And for what? A few thousand seats in the corners which no one really wants to sit it. It would probably cost more than building a new stand and that's why I don't believe it will ever be feasible or ever happen. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Yeah, I think if there is any future development it should be putting another tier on the Wheatfield or something like that.

Filling in the corners would probably be more expensive than people realise for what it is, as we'd need to move the floodlights pylons which are load bearing, as they are holding all the trusses. 

Then we'd have to find another way of holding up every roof, no doubt done by big suspension wires or something into the ground behind the stands or a completely new roof which would have to be cantilevered. 

Then new floodlights on top of the stands and all the heavy duty electrics which would come with that.

And for what? A few thousand seats in the corners which no one really wants to sit it. It would probably cost more than building a new stand and that's why I don't believe it will ever be feasible or ever happen. 

Yes I think that was the one flaw in the original play when the means of supporting the roofs were drawn up. We were a bit cash strapped near the end of the Mercer era and the all seat rule time scale was pressing so cost priorities were our real concern.

All roads lead to Gorgie
45 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

2 machine gun nests should offer an adequate killing zone.

There is a well kent punk rocker on here that likes this smiley :rifle:  I think he would be more than willing to man the post ;)

36 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Let's face it guys with our new capacity and the standard of football on offer we will be lucky to fill what we have for the forseeable future.

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Let's face it guys with our new capacity and the standard of football on offer we will be lucky to fill what we have for the forseeable future.

So Levein is here for the foreseeable. Awe naw :sad:

21 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Is that a serious question? 

I just wondered whether there might have been a less expensive option by utilising the undercroft which would still have provided excellent corporate facilities facing the pitch rather than overlooking the piazza.

Just now, Mellor said:

I just wondered whether there might have been a less expensive option by utilising the undercroft which would still have provided excellent corporate facilities facing the pitch rather than overlooking the piazza.

The main stand site is where we had the most space. 

We are also developing facilities in the Wheatfield undercroft. 

12 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Getting bums on seats 3 weeks later than initially anticipated is tolerable and acceptable. All new systems testing/commissioning will now enjoy longer lead times. I'm sure this extra time will deliver flawless operations for our 1st real home fixture. I believe that other building areas of the construction process have benefited and accelerated due to an employees oversight, (easy done) :thumbsup: Every cloud eh?

Repeatedly spearing the arse out of a mere 3 week delay, i'll thought out media offerings and lack of transparency is extremely unnecessary & so £uck*** Hibs.;)

But the original target date for getting bums on seats was 9 September?

4 minutes ago, Mellor said:

I'd rather have more seats in the stand than allow pissed up Hospitality folk a chance to watch a stadium fill up before the blinds came down as the match started.

Just now, Mellor said:

But the original target date for getting bums on seats was 9 September?

It was then answered after.

10 weeks later. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I'd rather have more seats in the stand than allow pissed up Hospitality folk a chance to watch a stadium fill up before the blinds came down as the match started.

Don't have a go at the pissed up hospitality folk, they were the only ones making a noise at games last season. Mind you it takes a fair bit of hospitality to make us look good at the moment. :smile: