New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

8 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

We've been ridiculed in the media for the amount of changes we've made.

Have we? 

Can't say I've seen it.

Anyway, have you got a season ticket for the new stand Jamie? 

14 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

Certainly seems to be the way. Very 1984. If you don't think like us you're a wrong'un. Get him!

I don't know for sure but I can't possibly imagine that Romanov was afforded so much slack. He saved us too. He stopped us leaving Tynecastle. He was regularly ridiculed for his statements and actions. Seems every move Budge makes is 100% the best move she could have made and nothing else was ever on the agenda. Is it racism? Is everything ok because Ann is Scottish? Is it sexism? Do we protect her from criticism because she's a woman? Even shown proof of how important the 20k capacity was to everyone within Hearts and instead of accepting it they ridicule the messenger. No wonder we're so soft as a club right now.

We've got the grey panels because of insulation reasons.

We've got the wee font because of advertising and signage rules.

We've got grey cappings because it needs to be in keeping with the non-grey highschool.

We may be under 20k capacity because we never wanted to be over 20k - who cares about capacity!

We'll not have restricted view seats on sale she says, but now we well, but that's fine, who cares about that! stop your moaning hobo.

I'm actually loving the new stand too. Having now seen it in the flesh it's all going to look great, particularly when the Plaza is complete and tidy. Inside was always going to be tremendous with the 4 steep stands towering over the pitch. A few extra seats won't matter on match day. The only thing wrong is that the project has been managed by raising expectations quite high and then the last year has been statements that slowly chip away at those expectations. With compromises to time scales, design, hospitality, potentially capacity etc. If we'd undersold and overdelivered we'd have a very very happy support with nothing to complain about.

I'm Hearts through and through and many of my Hearts supporting friends think the same as I. We've been ridiculed in the media for the amount of changes we've made. This little gang hut where people stick their fingers in their ears and pretend they're talking directly to Budge isn't indicative of that support as a whole. It's far too insular here. 

Oh hey, I've made a post that has more than 4 words and no smilies - guess I'll be called a hobo or a sad sack again.

Wtf are on about ? 

6 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Have we? 

Can't say I've seen it.

Anyway, have you got a season ticket for the new stand Jamie? 

Nor me only seen criticism from hibs idiots on twitton.

This place ???

Cant really argue with anything jamie has said...... guess it’s a lot easier to call him Hibs than it is to accept he’s made some valid points that folk don’t like. 

1 minute ago, Erik said:

This place ???

Cant really argue with anything jamie has said...... guess it’s a lot easier to call him Hibs than it is to accept he’s made some valid points that folk don’t like. 

It appears that way. Funny thing is if the capacity does turn out to be lower than expected, Ann will be the first to come out and express her disappointment, then apologise to the fans. She knows she wanted it, she repeated it in statements, she won't ignore it if it doesn't happen, so I don't see why the guys on here feel they have to ignore it. 

Some really really soft and precious posters on here and it's resonating throughout our club. I can't imagine being that angry because someone has a different opinion to me. 

1 minute ago, Red Jamie said:

It appears that way. Funny thing is if the capacity does turn out to be lower than expected, Ann will be the first to come out and express her disappointment, then apologise to the fans. She knows she wanted it, she repeated it in statements, she won't ignore it if it doesn't happen, so I don't see why the guys on here feel they have to ignore it. 

Some really really soft and precious posters on here and it's resonating throughout our club. I can't imagine being that angry because someone has a different opinion to me. 

Youll probably also find that some of the folk who are proclaiming they don’t care if we go sub 20k were also the same folk who’ve said way back when the announcements were made just how much they were looking forward to us going over the 20k mark. 

Its like some sort of weird defence mechanism to make out like you were never that bothered about it in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, Erik said:

Youll probably also find that some of the folk who are proclaiming they don’t care if we go sub 20k were also the same folk who’ve said way back when the announcements were made just how much they were looking forward to us going over the 20k mark. 

Its like some sort of weird defence mechanism to make out like you were never that bothered about it in the first place. 

Correct. It's bizarre. There's been no announcement on the capacity, so we don't know if it will be lower than expected, but we've already got these guys shouting that they don't care and if you do you're hibs. They'll accept absolutely anything that comes out of the club at the moment as the honest and bestest truth. We as fans are getting taken for mugs and treated with contempt and we love it. 

2 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

Correct. It's bizarre. There's been no announcement on the capacity, so we don't know if it will be lower than expected, but we've already got these guys shouting that they don't care and if you do you're hibs. They'll accept absolutely anything that comes out of the club at the moment as the honest and bestest truth. We as fans are getting taken for mugs and treated with contempt and we love it. 

Now we’ve got Hibs tag teams ffs!

5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I'm hoping this is satire :laugh:

Erik with over 7k posts is a hibs fan too? Deary me.

I've put a couple more on the FB group that it won't let me upload here for some reason. 

Good progress on the Gorgie steps in particular.

I love the idea that some fans are so pathetic as to be seething about a capacity difference of a couple of hundred people at most. It's so short sighted, the club almost died a few years ago and here we are replacing a century old decrepit stand with a bigger structure that has miles better facilities for match day fans, will improve the look and feel of the ground and significantly increase match day revenue. The number of obstacles that have had to be cleared to make this all happen is ridiculous, and yet if you listen to some people, a capacity difference that won't be discernable when you're actually in the ground, some 'small' signage or the colour of the facade is akin to painting the whole thing green.

The amount of entitled roasters in our fan base is depressing.

4 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

I'm hoping this is satire :laugh:

Erik with over 7k posts is a hibs fan too? Deary me.

Hibs fan or roaster. You choose. 

12 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

Hibs fan or roaster. You choose. 

Cute. 

Just now, Bruno said:

I love the idea that some fans are so pathetic as to be seething about a capacity difference of a couple of hundred people at most. It's so short sighted, the club almost died a few years ago and here we are replacing a century old decrepit stand with a bigger structure that has miles better facilities for match day fans, will improve the look and feel of the ground and significantly increase match day revenue. The number of obstacles that have had to be cleared to make this all happen is ridiculous, and yet if you listen to some people, a capacity difference that won't be discernable when you're actually in the ground, some 'small' signage or the colour of the facade is akin to painting the whole thing green.

The amount of entitled roasters in our fan base is depressing.

There it is again. Just because we almost died doesn't mean you have to accept absolutely everything that isn't death. 

The club want a capacity that breaches 20k. Why don't you?

200 seats could equate to ~£80,000 a year in lost revenue, if not more. Why isn't that an issue?

6 minutes ago, BigC said:

I've put a couple more on the FB group that it won't let me upload here for some reason. 

Here you go mate 

92424813-B3B5-430F-80A1-EEDB75F60051.jpeg

B21CC60E-B055-44FA-8142-D22DBA0E8821.jpeg

7092135B-E4D2-4B6B-A832-BFA27860969F.jpeg

0100E180-6CDC-42C1-83F3-298347D65356.jpeg

6C2A6C88-FE6B-43C7-8BED-D2CFE7587D12.jpeg

7 minutes ago, BigC said:

This one bud? 

E23BAE58-5FF6-4A67-87C1-6BB71347FAD3.jpeg

Above 20k, below 20k?????

Who cares if its the biggest.  It will undoubtedly be the best by a country mile!!!

It will be a Stadium, built for and fit for the 'Heart and Soul of Edinburgh'

And finally, I am really proud that we, the supporters helped to make this happen

HHGH

Wondering if the team you love will survive or die is worth worrying over. 

Wondering if your spiritual home will ever actually be yours again is worth worrying over. 

Wondering if a CVA will or won't be accepted is worth worrying over. 

...wondering if your new stadium will have more or less than 20,000 seats is not worth worrying over ffs. 

I suppose you had to be there tho eh?

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

You said loads of your Hearts supporting mates feel the same way as you. That a sub 20k capacity would be a huge disappointment and we've been misled in some way.

I don't believe you.

Ok.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Jamie. Best Classics Thread, for you?

What’s difficult about the question, mate? :lol:

Obsessed. Do you mean the classics threads subforum? I haven't really looked in there tbh. Why?

Just now, Barack said:

You should, mate. 

Why? Just had a look after your constant reference to it and it's a lot of non-hearts related threads from 5-9 years ago. What's it got to do with the new stand?

5 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

Why? Just had a look after your constant reference to it and it's a lot of non-hearts related threads from 5-9 years ago. What's it got to do with the new stand?

Jamie you do alot of posting on just one thread why is that?

Edited by Jamboelite

20 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Jamie you do alot of posting on just one thread why is that?

Actually two sorry the other is the Ann Budge statement. ?

2 hours ago, Red Jamie said:

Certainly seems to be the way. Very 1984. If you don't think like us you're a wrong'un. Get him!

I don't know for sure but I can't possibly imagine that Romanov was afforded so much slack. He saved us too. He stopped us leaving Tynecastle. He was regularly ridiculed for his statements and actions. Seems every move Budge makes is 100% the best move she could have made and nothing else was ever on the agenda. Is it racism? Is everything ok because Ann is Scottish? Is it sexism? Do we protect her from criticism because she's a woman? Even shown proof of how important the 20k capacity was to everyone within Hearts and instead of accepting it they ridicule the messenger. No wonder we're so soft as a club right now.

We've got the grey panels because of insulation reasons.

We've got the wee font because of advertising and signage rules.

We've got grey cappings because it needs to be in keeping with the non-grey highschool.

We may be under 20k capacity because we never wanted to be over 20k - who cares about capacity!

We'll not have restricted view seats on sale she says, but now we well, but that's fine, who cares about that! stop your moaning hobo.

I'm actually loving the new stand too. Having now seen it in the flesh it's all going to look great, particularly when the Plaza is complete and tidy. Inside was always going to be tremendous with the 4 steep stands towering over the pitch. A few extra seats won't matter on match day. The only thing wrong is that the project has been managed by raising expectations quite high and then the last year has been statements that slowly chip away at those expectations. With compromises to time scales, design, hospitality, potentially capacity etc. If we'd undersold and overdelivered we'd have a very very happy support with nothing to complain about.

I'm Hearts through and through and many of my Hearts supporting friends think the same as I. We've been ridiculed in the media for the amount of changes we've made. This little gang hut where people stick their fingers in their ears and pretend they're talking directly to Budge isn't indicative of that support as a whole. It's far too insular here. 

Oh hey, I've made a post that has more than 4 words and no smilies - guess I'll be called a hobo or a sad sack again.

Absolute rubbish from start to finish.

Sounds like you were still in nappies when Romanov was in charge if you think he got pelters because he was Lithuanian.

The difference between Budge's management of HMFC, and that of Romanovs, is like night and day, and anyone who supported Hearts through the Romanov years would know this. 

Drawing comparison between Ann Budge and Vladimir Romanov is a disgrace and an embarrassment. Romanov's financial mismanagement of the Club basically destroyed us. As if it need said, our miraculous financial recovery was due in part to Ann Budge's business expertise and leadership. That, Budge's continued prudent management, along with the investment of the FoH, has allowed the Club to build this amazing new stand, which for decades or more seemed like a dream that could never happen.

If you don't understand why Budge is respected and trusted by the vast, vast majority of Hearts fans, then I'm sorry but you are going to get absolute pelters for expressing that shite on here.

Edited by Hearts_fan

The Future's Maroon

Someone mentioned it before and it's been doing my nut in, the bent/squint bollards outside the old school building...they will be getting repaired soon :lol:

60F293CC-0835-43F1-83BA-3DC6304CEC4A-8227-000007EA3C2243B8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Red Jamie said:

Yet you seem oddly bent out of shape over the final capacity. Fixated, angry even - to the point it's almost your entire posting history

Whether you are Hearts, or Hibs, or just an odd-ball with an agenda, the fact is no-one cares if the capacity is slightly different to that anticipated at the start of a challenging development. Only hibs fans who seem to cling on to their carbuncle of a stadium being ever so slightly larger as it's probably the only area in which it will trump Tynecastle once it is completed. We are lucky we get such regular, transparent updates from Budge. When the previous stands went up, we got a model displayed in the shop and then they were built, end of. 

This forensic attention to detail does not make you a "thinker" or a "non-sheep", it simply lumps you in with the creepy weirdos on wibblewibble.net who get their jollies, or exorcise their jealousy, by nit-picking unfinished parts of the stand to alleviate their discomfiture. 

16 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Someone mentioned it before and it's been doing my nut in, the bent/squint bollards outside the old school building...they will be getting repaired soon :lol:

60F293CC-0835-43F1-83BA-3DC6304CEC4A-8227-000007EA3C2243B8.jpeg

Nothing to do with the club thats the council.

The Future's Maroon
5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Nothing to do with the club thats the council.

I know, they are now down to be repaired - were not previously.

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Yet you seem oddly bent out of shape over the final capacity. Fixated, angry even - to the point it's almost your entire posting history

Whether you are Hearts, or Hibs, or just an odd-ball with an agenda, the fact is no-one cares if the capacity is slightly different to that anticipated at the start of a challenging development. Only hibs fans who seem to cling on to their carbuncle of a stadium being ever so slightly larger as it's probably the only area in which it will trump Tynecastle once it is completed. We are lucky we get such regular, transparent updates from Budge. When the previous stands went up, we got a model displayed in the shop and then they were built, end of. 

This forensic attention to detail does not make you a "thinker" or a "non-sheep", it simply lumps you in with the creepy weirdos on wibblewibble.net who get their jollies, or exorcise their jealousy, by nit-picking unfinished parts of the stand to alleviate their discomfiture. 

Spot on.

Can't wait to sit in my new seat in the brand new stand but unfortunately it will be spoiled by watching that poor excuse of a football team!!

Big Slim Stylee
5 hours ago, Red Jamie said:

Please tell me you don't give a flying one about the capacity. Please.

42 minutes ago, Papa John said:

Can't wait to sit in my new seat in the brand new stand but unfortunately it will be spoiled by watching that poor excuse of a football team!!

Dearie me.... ?

54 minutes ago, Papa John said:

11 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Dearie me.... ?

PJ is 100% correct, anyone attempting to defend the last couple of performances must be of their feckin nut.

Big Slim Stylee
5 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

PJ is 100% correct, anyone attempting to defend the last couple of performances must be of their feckin nut.

To be fair, I don't think many are. We're dire to watch at the moment. But we've been dire to watch for the majority of my long watching tenure.

That's the fun of it. Waiting for the period when we get good for a bit. Best feeling in the world :) 

Big Slim Stylee
6 hours ago, Erik said:

Really? None of the sane people I know give a flying crap what the capacity is. None. It's not even a topic that ever comes up.

If you can find some weird obsessed people on here that go on about it, I suggest you put them on ignore. They will likely not be the types that light up your life.

Unless you're one of them, of course.

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

1 minute ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

To be fair, I don't think many are. We're dire to watch at the moment. But we've been dire to watch for the majority of my long watching tenure.

That's the fun of it. Waiting for the period when we get good for a bit. Best feeling in the world :) 

Yeh, that's it in bold friend. Then the inevitable foot on throat from the GFA compresses and normal gash service resumes. Don't think for a minute that Hearts only vie against football teams, their up against the entire corrupt system.

I've been watching Hearts a number of years myself and I've almost accepted the fact that Hearts will not win the Premiership in my lifetime( I'm 57). Sad, but we are not the only ones in control of our destiny.

6 hours ago, BigC said:

IMG_4792.JPG

IMG_4790.JPG

Anyone know how they will get the steel flooring in for the last section of the stand? Looks as if the roof steel will stop it going in from the top?

Just now, wavydavy said:

Anyone know how they will get the steel flooring in for the last section of the stand? Looks as if the roof steel will stop it going in from the top?

They’ll use block and tackle to winch it into position manually, the same as they did with the back rows of the other sections.

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Yeh, that's it in bold friend. Then the inevitable foot on throat from the GFA compresses and normal gash service resumes. Don't think for a minute that Hearts only vie against football teams, their up against the entire corrupt system.

I've been watching Hearts a number of years myself and I've almost accepted the fact that Hearts will not win the Premiership in my lifetime( I'm 57). Sad, but we are not the only ones in control of our destiny.

I so get that! Before '98, I had this growing feeling of impending doom that I'd never see us win the cup in my lifetime!!! :)

Thank god for this thread. After looking at a few pics of the new stand I'm already getting my enthusiasm back already after today's performance :)

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Thank god for this thread. After looking at a few pics of the new stand I'm already getting my enthusiasm back already after today's performance :)

Yep. We'll no doubt have a brillint new statement soon from ann to enthuse over.

i saw the stand in the flesh today for the first time.The photographers have a done a good job because it was ecactly as i expected. Only slight surprise was the size of crest on "piazza floor" - bigger than the photos suggested.

Overall looks fine and does the job. Still don't get the adulation and idolatry.

38 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Got really close to that area today and had a blether with the hi-viz security guy with weegie accent and Maroon tie on. The composite steel flooring is still getting lowered through the muckle gap in the roof, I saw it happen.

David Bailey, even with his perfection couldn't do this new structure justice. Seeing it up close for the 1st time today gave me goosebumps, sadly they were soon erased when the zombies went 3 up. 

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Jamborello said:

Just when you think today is miserable enough, along comes you know who to finish the job off...

Sorry i don't share your view that the new stand is a sort of aphrodisiac that gets you back up.