New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Filling in the blanks on the etickting site for hospitality and the rest of the middle section now we can see the layout in reality, I reckon the new stand capacity is bang around 7000 (including up to 180 seats directly behind the dugout)

Guessing capacity be around 19,900

The Sydney Opera House build was 15 times over budget and took 14 years to build when 4 was the estimate.  Funny thing is nobody cares today.  In a couple of years all these petty issues will be gone and nobody will care anymore.

it may not be the SOH, it is more than that to me....

11 minutes ago, dallan said:

The Sydney Opera House build was 15 times over budget and took 14 years to build when 4 was the estimate.  Funny thing is nobody cares today.  In a couple of years all these petty issues will be gone and nobody will care anymore.

Scottish parliament building, tram project,we’re not that far over budget and late.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Did they run out of tarmac, they missed abit in the corner.:laugh:

Yeah

They were still working on it when that pic was taken

Good spot 

23 minutes ago, obua said:

Scottish parliament building, tram project,we’re not that far over budget and late.

Looking at all these projects our project is world class performance - and I can name a whole lot more.....

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Good stuff on the late delivery.

So if the Partick game is moved as well will that be ok too?

It won’t be.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Good stuff on the late delivery.

So if the Partick game is moved as well will that be ok too?

Not ideal but I’ll get over it pretty quickly. I won’t be wanting someone on the receiving end of a public flogging like some. Most normal people will be the same. 

Speaking about Scottish projects way overtime and budget .you can add the V&A in Dundee and the Aberdeen city bypass is way overtime and budget something like 25 years late.

Edited by scabber

Just now, scabber said:

Speaking about Scottish projects way overtime and budget .you can add the V&A in Dundee and the the Aberdeen city bypass is way overtime and budget something like 25 years late.

What about Aberdeen’s new stadium,still in planning stage .

It's looking mighty fine. I've waited about 20 years, and my entire living memory hoping to see a fully redeveloped tynecastle, I can wait a few more weeks no problem.

HHGH!

7 minutes ago, By the light said:

Not ideal but I’ll get over it pretty quickly. I won’t be wanting someone on the receiving end of a public flogging like some. Most normal people will be the same. 

I've just booked flights to be at the Partick game, dont have a ticket yet but hoping that should be OK.  Will I be peed off if the game is not on - yes, will it change my mind about how great I feel about this whole project just now - Absolutely Not...

1 hour ago, kila said:

Filling in the blanks on the etickting site for hospitality and the rest of the middle section now we can see the layout in reality, I reckon the new stand capacity is bang around 7000 (including up to 180 seats directly behind the dugout)

It could be time to invoke my 'Row Zero' idea at the front of the Wheatfield... 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Does your figure take account of the wheelchair and carer spaces and seats? The last count for these between the four stands was 190.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

It could be time to invoke my 'Row Zero' idea at the front of the Wheatfield... 

As a main-stander, what have I missed at the front of the Wheatfield? Apols if I'm behind the curve with 'Row Zero'....!

24 minutes ago, By the light said:

In the Mercer era i often stood there unable to scratch my nuts it was so packed when we could get in-excesss if 30k in and the report would often say around 15 thousand....

3 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Does your figure take account of the wheelchair and carer spaces and seats? The last count for these between the four stands was 190.

I didn't include wheelchair/carer numbers in my total

So 19,911 + 190 = 20,101

Using the eticketing site layout, I think this is how the stand will look. Computer counts 7002 red dots:

total4.thumb.png.0e254f8a10ad67766d18b40e40ff9fe7.png

22 minutes ago, dallan said:

I've just booked flights to be at the Partick game, dont have a ticket yet but hoping that should be OK.  Will I be peed off if the game is not on - yes, will it change my mind about how great I feel about this whole project just now - Absolutely Not...

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed mate.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

So 19,911 + 190 = 20,101

Using the eticketing site layout, I think this is how the stand will look. Computer counts 7002 red dots:

So the club's 20,099 planning application figure may still be there or thereabouts. Presumably some more seats will open up in lower T once the police box is trimmed.

3 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

What is the normal delivery timescale on a project this size and complex ?

Genuine question cause for me 8-9months from initial demolition of outer buildings to now is quite remarkable when you take into account access was limited till late May.

Perhaps it really is down to setting too tough a delivery initially setting the wrong expectations (seats aside).

Not only has the build been done very quickly, but due to the situation regarding the council's plans for redeveloping the nursery, the whole project, from concept through design, costing, planning, etc has all been done, out of necessity, far more quickly than I think anyone involved (including Ann Budge, I'm sure) would have been comfortable with. It's almost inevitable in the circumstances that mistakes would be made and cost and time overruns experienced. 

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, dallan said:

In the Mercer era i often stood there unable to scratch my nuts it was so packed when we could get in-excesss if 30k in and the report would often say around 15 thousand....

Balls. Give us one example of such a game.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Balls. Give us one example of such a game.

While there is an exaggeration in the numbers there was no doubting that attendance was doctored from the taxman.

For example i got lifted over the barrier for years.

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

While there is an exaggeration in the numbers there was no doubting that attendance was doctored from the taxman.

For example i got lifted over the barrier for years.

The taxman wouldn’t be interested in that as you didn’t pay. ?

26 minutes ago, JALBO said:

So the club's 20,099 planning application figure may still be there or thereabouts. Presumably some more seats will open up in lower T once the police box is trimmed.

Losing 30 seats from the police box sticking out

Around 20,129 capacity possible over the winter break maybe (Budge statement implied they'd try and strip the police box back to the pylon during then)

Edited by kila

32 minutes ago, JALBO said:

As a main-stander, what have I missed at the front of the Wheatfield? Apols if I'm behind the curve with 'Row Zero'....!

It's just an idea of sticking another row of seats onto the front of the Wheatfield below row one.

I sat down there for a spell during the Dunfermline game and noted that for row one, you're still reasonably well elevated from pitch level. I think you could get another row in, in font of that, all be down quite low, but still able to see the action. You could market them in the 'bronze' category. Plus, there's about 3-4 metres between the barrier and the touch line so there's plenty width available to build out. 

It wouldn't cost that much to build in and you'd get about 200 seats along the front.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, dallan said:

Looking at all these projects our project is world class performance - and I can name a whole lot more.....

World class?

33 minutes ago, kila said:

So 19,911 + 190 = 20,101

How come the back row cant be one continuous row like the ends? 

Edit. Suppose the folk at the top of the steps would constantly have folk going past.

Edited by Wham Bam Austin McCann

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

How come the back row cant be one continuous row like the ends?

Exit doors at the back.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

It's just an idea of sticking another row of seats onto the front of the Wheatfield below row one.

I sat down there for a spell during the Dunfermline game and noted that for row one, you're still reasonably well elevated from pitch level. I think you could get another row in, in font of that, all be down quite low, but still able to see the action. You could market them in the 'bronze' category. Plus, there's about 3-4 metres between the barrier and the touch line so there's plenty width available to build out. 

It wouldn't cost that much to build in and you'd get about 200 seats along the front.

Interesting to hear. Perhaps it'll be something the club will look at once the main stand gets over the line. Sounds a plausible option to increase capacity with minimal cost.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

There are no foundations in front of the barriers at the front of any stand.Wont be able to put a row of seats on soil or clay .

40 minutes ago, kila said:

So 19,911 + 190 = 20,101

Is there a planned aisle at the top of the middle section? I thought there was only going to be four exits doors up the back, not six?

Edited by Buffalo Bill

37 minutes ago, kila said:

So 19,911 + 190 = 20,101

I wasn't anticipating an aisle down the centre of Premium section at the top, and at the front.

Just now, obua said:

There are no foundations in front of the barriers at the front of any stand.Wont be able to put a row of seats on soil or clay .

Just throw down some of your leftover composite stuff. 

And take some photos while you're at it :)

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Just throw down some of your leftover composite stuff. 

And take some photos while you're at it :)

You would be so much fun on a night out.

5 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I wasn't anticipating an aisle down the centre of Premium section at the top, and at the front.

Not seen anything to suggest there will be at the top other than that the directors would have to walk down the stairs next to section Q or R otherwise

Aisle at the bottom to whatever hospitality seats these will be can be seen in the photo posted earlier:

2525.png.a225ddefe3143a5bee6681470adfdc82.png

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Not seen anything to suggest there will be at the top other than that the directors would have to walk down the stairs next to section Q or R otherwise

Aisle at the bottom to whatever hospitality seats these will be can be seen in the photo posted earlier:

2525.png.a225ddefe3143a5bee6681470adfdc82.png

Aisle at the bottom of the middle section (rows 11-15) seems a bit unnecessary, imo. What's the point in that?

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Aisle at the bottom of the middle section (rows 11-15) seems a bit unnecessary, imo. What's the point in that?

Presumably that's where the director's box will be? It also appears from that photo / kila's diagram that there's a stair leading up from above the tunnel to the councourse level. That seems a bit odd.

Edited by JALBO

52 minutes ago, kila said:

So 19,911 + 190 = 20,101

Is the 7002 figure including the six rows of seats located directly behind the dugouts? I think, looking at the latest photos, they are being allocated for players/subs (3 rows) and the media (3 rows). I could well be wrong though.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Suppose it would mean that unpopular figures would need to walk less of a gauntlet to get a seat in the stand eg if Neil Lennon was sent to the stand or even board members during tough periods.

8 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Presumably that's where the director's box will be? It also appears from that photo / kila's diagram that there's a stair leading up from above the tunnel to the councourse level. That seems a bit odd.

Seems a bit wasteful to have another aisle when it's already the narrowest part of the block with aisles either side of it. Can they not just all shift along?

2 hours ago, dallan said:

And it wasn't even finished to the original design with the design of the inside deeply compromised.

11 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Suppose it would mean that unpopular figures would need to walk less of a gauntlet to get a seat in the stand eg if Neil Lennon was sent to the stand or even board members during tough periods.

I'm also a wee bit surprised they're putting the directors' box so low down in the stand.

But then I suppose there's the whole 'gauntlet' thing if they had to climb up into say, the 20s.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Seems a bit wasteful to have another aisle when it's already the narrowest part of the block with aisles either side of it. Can they not just all shift along?

Maybe it's for note-passing.......

I’m curious about the private boxes that the Hearts website mentions:

In addition to the new lounges, the main stand will offer five exclusive boxes which provide guests a private space in which to host friends, colleagues or family. Positioned at the front of of the Main Stand, boxes overlook the beautiful piazza.”

These aren’t shown anywhere on the plans that are on the council planning website, can any of the guys on site give us an idea where these are in relation to the other lounges?

4 minutes ago, Jamborello said:

I’m curious about the private boxes that the Hearts website mentions:

In addition to the new lounges, the main stand will offer five exclusive boxes which provide guests a private space in which to host friends, colleagues or family. Positioned at the front of of the Main Stand, boxes overlook the beautiful piazza.”

These aren’t shown anywhere on the plans that are on the council planning website, can any of the guys on site give us an idea where these are in relation to the other lounges?

I can only assume they will be on the second floor.first floor has a lounge,directors suite and sponsors suite,only windows that overlooks piazza,apart from a couple of windows either end of concourse area where kiosks are.

Getting bums on seats 3 weeks later than initially anticipated is tolerable and acceptable. All new systems testing/commissioning will now enjoy longer lead times. I'm sure this extra time will deliver flawless operations for our 1st real home fixture. I believe that other building areas of the construction process have benefited and accelerated due to an employees oversight, (easy done) :thumbsup: Every cloud eh?

Repeatedly spearing the arse out of a mere 3 week delay, i'll thought out media offerings and lack of transparency is extremely unnecessary & so £uck*** Hibs.;)