New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I thought the original image (though some like its minimalist look) of a stand composed entirely of maroon seats looked a bit bland. As I hoped and expected the dug outs, the Directors box and the media seating is making it look like the main stand, and the crests complement the other three stands. It is going to look absolutely superb ... not just the new stand but the whole ground. Even more so when we can get round to tarting up the other three stands. Although the sound quality of the big screens at Murrayfield is not great they do I think add something and I hope we get round to those at some stage.

But? 

;)

3 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Believe the dugouts are sponsored by a certain energy drink and are therefore shaped like their cans 

Interesting. 

Something like this then... 

bierbankpilsen-364x205.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Believe the dugouts are sponsored by a certain energy drink and are therefore shaped like their cans 

Carabao? 

They better not be ****ing green. 

Edited by Sierra Delta

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, graygo said:

But? 

;)

But the scale of tynecastle will make it much easier to get good sound to go with the big screens when we get round to them  

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I thought the original image (though some like its minimalist look) of a stand composed entirely of maroon seats looked a bit bland. As I hoped and expected the dug outs, the Directors box and the media seating is making it look like the main stand, and the crests complement the other three stands. It is going to look absolutely superb ... not just the new stand but the whole ground. Even more so when we can get round to tarting up the other three stands. Although the sound quality of the big screens at Murrayfield is not great they do I think add something and I hope we get round to those at some stage.

Good post FA. 

:thumb:

I thought the sound was ok on Saturday at Murrayfield. Better than it was the week before, it was virtually inaudible. 

But I was in different seats each week. Against Aberdeen it wasn't that great either, I was in the same seat as v Rangers for that one. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Daly will follow Levein.

Fox will follow Daly.

Kirk will follow Fox.

McPhee will always be Ast. Manager

Our Bootroom thanks to 

Mr Craig Levein.

It will always be one excuse after another. It will be:  He needs time. Wait till the summer transfer window opens. Give him till Xmas. Wait till the January transfer window. Give him till the end of the season. 

We're all in for a hell of a time under Mr Levein but we'll have the best stadium, best atmosphere, best fans, best charity and best community club. We have fabulous training facilities that is the envy of every club in Scotland.

If only our team................

You're depressing... and I don't think accurate

1 hour ago, Sierra Delta said:

Carabao? 

They better not be ****ing green. 

Almost a cert ti be Carabao if true. They have had a big push in football lately (Chelsea training tops prob most high profile) and sponsored one of the meet the players/coaching staff events we had.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Wonder how creative we could be so as not to have a gap, or an ambulance sitting there?

Some light tarpaulin with advertising  faces that could esily be split in case of an emergency?

Maybe the club should run a competition to see who could come up with the best idea as to how to make the gap less obvious.:thumbsup:

With the tragic news of Stefano tonight. the opening of the stand  if it's next week or next month it doesn't seem so important now.

1 hour ago, geomac said:

You're depressing... and I don't think accurate

Accurate is something that is lacking in Hearts team at the moment. Our management lack direction and our players suffer.

Depressing is an understatement and we need to match on the pitch with all the fabulous work off the pitch.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Accurate is something that is lacking in Hearts team at the moment. Our management lack direction and our players suffer.

Depressing is an understatement and we need to match on the pitch with all the fabulous work off the pitch.

C'mon, try and stick to the thread topic. It's a positive after all or does any sort of positivity not compute for you?

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Buffalo Bill said:

No automatic alt text available.

Photo: Derek Ferguson, via Facebook

What's "the crab" taking photos of our wonderful crest for? ::troll::

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Anyone onsite confirm AB has  been promised gable end go be up this weekend?

Close of play Monday at latest 

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

C'mon, try and stick to the thread topic. It's a positive after all or does any sort of positivity not compute for you?

Your right although in my defence  i was just responding to a post.

I'm getting excited as the stadium nears the finishing line. It is all money well spent and a great investment in the future. Pity the team seems to be suffering because of a lack of money. I know we were told our new stand wouldn't affect the teams finances but i recon it must be.

11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I'm getting excited as the stadium nears the finishing line. It is all money well spent and a great investment in the future. Pity the team seems to be suffering because of a lack of money. I know we were told our new stand wouldn't affect the teams finances but i recon it must be.

Lafferty, Berra, Smith, Stockton, Milikovic, Grezlak, Callaghan, Randall, Smith-Brown, McLauchlin all signed in the last window so we've certainly brought plenty of bodies in. Some quality players in that list, some OK players and a few imposters.

If the playing budget has suffered in the short term, I would suggest it's worth it in the long term when this thing starts to generate money.

But of course, the balance has to be right, you need a team to attract fans to fill the stadium. The one thing I will say though is that it certainly doesn't look like we've built this stand on the cheap. We could've built a much more basic main stand, but instead we've gone for something much more expansive in terms of cost, footprint and facilities.

On my phone the original pic on this thread was distorted maybe just me, looks brilliant though.

481D8906-21CD-4DF6-888F-ACE7E028BC9D.jpeg

Edited by Jamboelite

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What's "the crab" taking photos of our wonderful crest for? ::troll::

Surely Barry is the crab???

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

If that is the case (and it's still a big IF) I think taking a small step back on the playing side for a short time is a price worth paying to ensure the future of our club.

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

MODS !!!!!!

Someone has hacked FA's account and is trying to ruin his reputation by posting something positive without any nit-picking sly wee digs at the club or FoH    :o:o

14 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You might get away with that in North Carolina. ?

You get away with it in Manchester. Old Trafford has this.

5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Not ITK but the chat was that everything to make the stadium match playable, would be done by Friday. The reason for the delay was because they needed more time for testing & to get safety certificates.

It was also stated previously  that the gable end wall would need to be fully up in order for those certificates to be issued, so I was assuming it would be done by then. 

Having said that, with another 2 week delay, they may be able to take their time

slightly and finish it on Mon / Tue next week to save on overtime payments etc. 

12 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Hope it's this stuff :lol:

blueraspberry.jpg

28 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Didn’t know that. I would have thought it would lead to unnecessary delays. 

12 hours ago, Hood09 said:

ImageHandler.jpg

1 hour ago, BigC said:

Not ITK but the chat was that everything to make the stadium match playable, would be done by Friday. The reason for the delay was because they needed more time for testing & to get safety certificates.

It was also stated previously  that the gable end wall would need to be fully up in order for those certificates to be issued, so I was assuming it would be done by then. 

Having said that, with another 2 week delay, they may be able to take their time

slightly and finish it on Mon / Tue next week to save on overtime payments etc. 

Like they haven't already slowed down? Could have fooled me

Footballfirst
7 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

When Ann made the first of her two statements last week (Mon 23rd and Fri 27th), she indicated that all the Phase 1 requirements would be handed over within 10 days (2nd Nov?).  That commitment appeared to slip in her second statement when she just stated the end of next week (3rd/4th Nov?) for completion of the seating and the gable end.

Either way there shouldn't be any risk to the Partick game. When you are within 10 days of completion of the first phase, even a 20% delay on the outstanding works only represents two days, and we still have 18 days until the game on 19th November.

10 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

:facepalm:

Nucky Thompson
34 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Now you're just being silly

2 hours ago, Dunks said:

They don't. Players come out of a very wide tunnel area in the corner which has more than enough room for emergency vehicles to enter the pitch if they need to.

I finally made a quick fly-by past the Stadium today, where to begin, well we are all intitled to our opinions and mine is one of  utter amazement, it's not finished but wow what an achievement. The stone mason who undertook the crest, what an amazing piece of art! To all the construction team, Congratulations and I hope you feel as proud as I felt this morning, you should. I think people really need to see the Stadium with their own eyes before moaning about colours and exits and whatever. It's astonishing what's been achieved in such a short space of time. Wow just wow!!

2 minutes ago, ducatiboy said:

I finally made a quick fly-by past the Stadium today, where to begin, well we are all intitled to our opinions and mine is one of  utter amazement, it's not finished but wow what an achievement. The stone mason who undertook the crest, what an amazing piece of art! To all the construction team, Congratulations and I hope you feel as proud as I felt this morning, you should. I think people really need to see the Stadium with their own eyes before moaning about colours and exits and whatever. It's astonishing what's been achieved in such a short space of time. Wow just wow!!

Well said.

2 minutes ago, ducatiboy said:

Well said Chief!

46 minutes ago, altyjambo said:

They don't. Players come out of a very wide tunnel area in the corner which has more than enough room for emergency vehicles to enter the pitch if they need to.

Wide enough, yes. Seats above on hydraulics to provide additional height. On the tour, they said this section is for players families.

old-trafford.jpg

2 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

What a tragic post.

Yup they have all been sitting on their arse since May this stand has just miraculously appeared by luck.

maroonlegions
14 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

What a tragic post.

Yup they have all been sitting on their arse since May this stand has just miraculously appeared by luck.

:laugh:

All roads lead to Gorgie
18 hours ago, Dayman said:

Surely we could have a section like the gorgie that lift up? They could be called "exit row seats" so everyone sitting there has to be fit and mobile enough so the whole block can be vacated quickly and the block be lifted up for an ambulance to come through...

Like an aircraft an inflatable chute could be employed to hasten the fans exit. It might be handy to have one for the directors box as well if we get a bit restless. ;)

Coburg Hearts
44 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

What a tragic post.

Sairyinthat for sairyinthat.