New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

19 minutes ago, Mellor said:

I just wondered whether there might have been a less expensive option by utilising the undercroft which would still have provided excellent corporate facilities facing the pitch rather than overlooking the piazza.

Of course there are always less expensive options - though not as good.  With regards to "corporate facilities facing the pitch" I take it you are referring to glass faced boxes.  Incorporating in the stand these would require a complete new design and taken up capacity, and frankly I hate watching football from these sanitised cubicles - I attend quite a few corporate facilities at Tynecastle, and occasionally away, and my guests and myself far prefer to have seats out in the stand where the atmosphere adds to the occasion.

3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Don't have a go at the pissed up hospitality folk, they were the only ones making a noise at games last season. Mind you it takes a fair bit of hospitality to make us look good at the moment. :smile:

I think he was referring to pissed up hospitality folk in boxes behind glass screens.

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I think he was referring to pissed up hospitality folk in boxes behind glass screens.

That could mute them to quite an extent right enough :smile:

alex young hero
10 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

If that is the directors seats , a nice wee westerly breeze along with the rain and they'll be getting a nice soaking .

Maybe Obua or Thomaso know but do the numbering on the seats start at the right hand side ,looking from the pitch , for each section 

Can anyone explain the reason the scaffolding is required in the centre section I thought it was odd that it was in an area where the seating was already installed on either side of it .

2 minutes ago, alex young hero said:

Can anyone explain the reason the scaffolding is required in the centre section I thought it was odd that it was in an area where the seating was already installed on either side of it .

Putting up overhead lighting.

33 minutes ago, alex young hero said:

Probably for taking down the netting that was on the roof. 

16 hours ago, kila said:

I didn't include wheelchair/carer numbers in my total

So 19,911 + 190 = 20,101

Using the eticketing site layout, I think this is how the stand will look. Computer counts 7002 red dots:

total4.thumb.png.0e254f8a10ad67766d18b40e40ff9fe7.png

What's the reason for the missing red dots at top-left and top-right of the steps of the middle 6 stairways (in row 37)?

5 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

What's the reason for the missing red dots at top-left and top-right of the steps of the middle 6 stairways (in row 37)?

Rear exits.

15 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I'm also a wee bit surprised they're putting the directors' box so low down in the stand.

But then I suppose there's the whole 'gauntlet' thing if they had to climb up into say, the 20s.

I expected the directors etc to sit right up top, with easy entry and exit via the internal stairs and doors at top. Obviously I got that wrong!

4 minutes ago, BigC said:

Rear exits.

I actually thought there were only to be four exit doors along the back – looks like there will be one each for the middle six stairways, plus whatever is happening in the very centre.

Good new for me as one the additional doors is near my seat!

Edit: meant to add thanks for the info. I guess the lost seats are to make space for stewards. 

Edited by Hearts_fan

13 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's not a 3 week delay to what was initially anticipated though, we were meant to have our first home game on 9th September.

7 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Appreciated correction, thank you. The inclusion of the words "another three"  should have been used. 

2 hours ago, Mellor said:

But the original target date for getting bums on seats was 9 September?

Aye, a ken, Smithee's already mentioned it which I appreciated, Thank you also Mellor...anyone else?

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I expected the directors etc to sit right up top, with easy entry and exit via the internal stairs and doors at top. Obviously I got that wrong!

If I was a director I'd be specifying a ground floor entry. They're no spring chickens and unless there was a lift to the seat then why go through the hassle. Also they can get out of the building before the 'Directors Must Go!' protest starts behind the main stand...

13 hours ago, obua said:

No problem mate.I need to be careful about the pictures because of work stuff.I also get pissed with certain posters who say I should be working not taking pics.i can take a few pics at break and guys like RAY GIN to name one thinks I should be hung drawn and quartered,that’s why some days I just think it’s not worth bothering.

It's always worth bothering. Thank you :)

4 hours ago, Erik said:

Seems to be an awful lot of talking about the specifics of the actual numbers of seats of late? I thought we weren't allowed to talk about such things after those who are not to be disagreed with told us that the actual capacity was in fact not of any importance?

Odd.

Anyhow - passed down McLeod St for the first time in a long time for a look in the flesh. Last time I saw it in person was near the start of the construction of the façade if I remember correctly, so its changed a heck of a lot since my last visit. Been a bit sceptical of the folk saying 'looks much better in the flesh' or talking about the photos not doing it justice - but they are spot on. It might not be without its flaws, but it does look mightily impressive.

I think there's a difference between being keen to see less dead space due to 'concrete' stairways, and being fixated upon an arbitrary round number which on the scale of things wouldn't make any difference whether it was +/- 100.

Footballfirst

A close up from the picture above showing the seat configuration of the central section, with the directors box, other hospitality seats, media places and space reserved for players & coaches.   All the above contribute a reduction of the originally planned capacity.

gR4YL28.jpg

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Shouldn't be long now for the polly bags to be ripped of they seats, maroon here,  maroon there, maroon everywhere! 

Could do it in sequence to reveal a huge temporary 5 1.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A close up from the picture above showing the seat configuration of the central section, with the directors box, other hospitality seats, media places and space reserved for players & coaches.   All the above contribute a reduction of the originally planned capacity.

gR4YL28.jpg

I'd be surprised if the Club had neglected to factor these categories of seating into their initial capacity estimations.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

I'd be surprised if the Club had neglected to factor these categories of seating into their initial capacity estimations.

I agree, but the plans that appeared on the Council website showed capacities based on 28 seats in all the rows including the front section, with allowances only for the tunnel and the stairs around the exits at rows 11-15.

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great photos Alex. Does anyone know if the gap down the bottom where the heavy lifting gear is situated currently will be staying as it is?

I know there has to be access for vehicles and saw a seating plan which seemed to indicate that there were no seats in that corner.

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Great photos Alex. Does anyone know if the gap down the bottom where the heavy lifting gear is situated currently will be staying as it is?

I know there has to be access for vehicles and saw a seating plan which seemed to indicate that there were no seats in that corner.

I think you have answered your own question.

Edited by Footballfirst

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think you have answered your own question.

I just wanted someone with more knowledge about it than me to confirm this was in fact the case. It will look a bit odd though.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I just wanted someone with more knowledge about it than me to confirm this was in fact the case. It will look a bit odd though.

It'll stay as it is so an ambulance can fit underneath without fuss

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You are right.

i remember seeing a wee picture of an ambulance in that space in one of the planning illustrations.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I agree, but the plans that appeared on the Council website showed capacities based on 28 seats in all the rows including the front section, with allowances only for the tunnel and the stairs around the exits at rows 11-15.

Did adding up all the seats in the stadium indicated on those plans add up to precisely 20,000?  I imagine they added up to well in excess of 20,000.

I recall that the Club said the new total capacity would be in excess of 20,000, meaning any differences between the plans and reality may well still be in excess of 20,000.

I'll stand corrected if I've misunderstood anything.

2 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Did adding up all the seats in the stadium indicated on those plans add up to precisely 20,000?  I imagine they added up to well in excess of 20,000.

I recall that the Club said the new total capacity would be in excess of 20,000, meaning any differences between the plans and reality may well still be in excess of 20,000.

We'll know when we sell out eg Hibs game  

That's if people are willing to trust attendance figures 

scott herbertson
19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Id guess what appeared in planning applications would be the likely number of people sitting rather than seats sold and counting for attendance figures -

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

From one of the planning docs from a year ago.

The new Main Stand will incorporate a total of 7,290 seats. These are in 37 rows. Over this will be a new roof which will be supported from a large truss of a similar design to the three existing trusses that support the roofs of the other stands. The truss is approximately the same height as the other truss structures. The top of it is approximately 27.6m from ground level. The main roof is approximately 21.4m from ground level. In plan, the new stand and associated accommodation is approximately 48m by 106m. There are first floor concourses at either side of it which take its overall length to approximately 150m. The stand is accessed off McLeod Street.
The total capacity within the stadium would be 20,099 compared with its current capacity of 17,529. This is an increase of 2,570 seats.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

gR4YL28.jpg

A clear picture of my seat, your best post by a country mile.

Thankyou.

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

capacity and

Just now, Footballfirst said:

From one of the planning docs from a year ago.

The new Main Stand will incorporate a total of 7,290 seats. These are in 37 rows. Over this will be a new roof which will be supported from a large truss of a similar design to the three existing trusses that support the roofs of the other stands. The truss is approximately the same height as the other truss structures. The top of it is approximately 27.6m from ground level. The main roof is approximately 21.4m from ground level. In plan, the new stand and associated accommodation is approximately 48m by 106m. There are first floor concourses at either side of it which take its overall length to approximately 150m. The stand is accessed off McLeod Street.
The total capacity within the stadium would be 20,099 compared with its current capacity of 17,529. This is an increase of 2,570 seats.

....and as I don't think we have had an attendance near 17,529 (about 17,300 is the maximum, if i remember correctly) then we can expect the maximum to be below 20,000 - I'd guess about 19,900. I like round numbers so it would be a shame not to get 20,000 but it's irrelevant compared to the overall improvement in numbers and revenue which we will achieve, plus staying at Tynie , which is almost beyond value.

39 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

capacity and

....and as I don't think we have had an attendance near 17,529 (about 17,300 is the maximum, if i remember correctly) then we can expect the maximum to be below 20,000 - I'd guess about 19,900. I like round numbers so it would be a shame not to get 20,000 but it's irrelevant compared to the overall improvement in numbers and revenue which we will achieve, plus staying at Tynie , which is almost beyond value.

I fully expect ground capacity to be listed as 20 k + on completion of the new stand , whether we will be able to ever reach that total is debatable, but like you say it's not to important,  it was more about upgrading the facility's and working with the space we had . 

Good news for anyone who pre-registered an interest in buying a brick.

Available for collection from tomorrow.  A tenner.

17 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Good news for anyone who pre-registered an interest in buying a brick.

Available for collection from tomorrow.  A tenner.

Yes, got my email today. ?

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Surely we could have a section like the gorgie that lift up? They could be called "exit row seats" so everyone sitting there has to be fit and mobile enough so the whole block can be vacated quickly and the block be lifted up for an ambulance to come through...

rudi must stay

Looks superb. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Image may contain: stadium and outdoor

Photo: Linda Lee Thomson via Facebook

The pic on Facebook is incredible. Looks an impressive stand, absolutely massive

1 minute ago, Dayman said:

Surely we could have a section like the gorgie that lift up? They could be called "exit row seats" so everyone sitting there has to be fit and mobile enough so the whole block can be vacated quickly and the block be lifted up for an ambulance to come through...

You might get away with that in North Carolina. ?

Just now, davemclaren said:

You might get away with that in North Carolina. ?

50 or so north carolinians fit enough to quickly exit their seats? You have to be having a laugh :pleased:. It was a slightly tongue in cheek comment but don't see why it wouldn't work. I've never been involved in building so I'm clueless on the subject! 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

I fully expect ground capacity to be listed as 20 k + on completion of the new stand , whether we will be able to ever reach that total is debatable, but like you say it's not to important,  it was more about upgrading the facility's and working with the space we had . 

yes - that's what  I meant (capacity 20,090 or whatever, maximum attendance 19,900)

Looks like they've done the seats at the back of section T now

Awful 

::troll::

typo ? Awe inspiring I’m looking forward to taking my seat in this beautiful construction. 

Francis Albert

I thought the original image (though some like its minimalist look) of a stand composed entirely of maroon seats looked a bit bland. As I hoped and expected the dug outs, the Directors box and the media seating is making it look like the main stand, and the crests complement the other three stands. It is going to look absolutely superb ... not just the new stand but the whole ground. Even more so when we can get round to tarting up the other three stands. Although the sound quality of the big screens at Murrayfield is not great they do I think add something and I hope we get round to those at some stage.

8 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

So Levein is here for the foreseeable. Awe naw :sad:

Daly will follow Levein.

Fox will follow Daly.

Kirk will follow Fox.

McPhee will always be Ast. Manager

Our Bootroom thanks to 

Mr Craig Levein.

It will always be one excuse after another. It will be:  He needs time. Wait till the summer transfer window opens. Give him till Xmas. Wait till the January transfer window. Give him till the end of the season. 

We're all in for a hell of a time under Mr Levein but we'll have the best stadium, best atmosphere, best fans, best charity and best community club. We have fabulous training facilities that is the envy of every club in Scotland.

If only our team................

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Wonder how creative we could be so as not to have a gap, or an ambulance sitting there?

Some light tarpaulin with advertising  faces that could esily be split in case of an emergency?

Edited by DETTY29