New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

3. CONCOURSE FACILITIES

a) Concourse

The Main Stand concourse is now complete and joins up with the Gorgie concourse. One metal plate remains to be fitted, along with some screening for the safety barriers. Otherwise, we now have a concourse that continues all the way around the 4 stands.

It's back on  :jj:

fast-shot-2.jpg

No 4 stands will be joined but can’t do a complete lap,for the moment.

3 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

Around all 4 stands but not connected between main and roseburn... No? 

Hairpin!! I’m in.

Just now, milky_26 said:

put a jump in?

Wow that would be fun,jump off at the roseburn steps and hit the cladding on the main that would sell tickets.

5 hours ago, JALBO said:

A few from lunchtime today - detail rather than big picture.

Seating deck getting loaded in to section N

09_original.jpg?v51364071119051

Bollards running down Mcleod Street

10_original.jpg?v51364071119051

Lots of ground floor windows and doors nearing completion

11_original.jpg?v51364071119051

Steps going in from the concourse at the Gorgie end

12_original.jpg?v51364071119051

What did you take these on? Clearest brightest pictures I think i've ever seen!

The Future's Maroon

Do we get banana skins, green shells and red shells for this karting experience?

Great statement from Ann, informative and nice wee touch with plaza imo.

1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Come on! the big side burn guy looking down on proceedings... naw?

Theres about 3 or 4 pictures for a start. No idea which one.

21 minutes ago, Huguenot said:

When will she get round to telling us that the capacity is under 20,000 :sad:

Why does it matter ? 19900 or 20100 does it really make a difference ?

Worthing Jambo
13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Theres about 3 or 4 pictures for a start. No idea which one.

The last one. 

Took a while but I eventually saw them.

there is also a guy from Easter Island driving the digger.

in the second last one there is a lonely wee white dug.

?

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Aw go and ****ing do one!!  Not matter what she says and does, you along with a few others will never be happy.

33 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Why does it matter ? 19900 or 20100 does it really make a difference ?

Maybe cause she one of the few promises she made was that it would be a 20k+ stadium. Why is it not ok for fans to ask these kinds of questions? :laugh:

Seems more like whatever she says and does you along with a few others will always be happy. Literally lap up anything no matter what just to prove you’re the biggest and most loyal fan. It’s tedious. It will be a huge disappointment if the capacity doesn’t breach 20k and it doesn’t make you a bad fan for thinking that. Give it a rest. 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, troonmaroon said:

Around all 4 stands but not connected between main and roseburn... No? 

That's where the Hot Wheels style ramp is going. Jumping over a pit of slavering melts from lochend

3 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

Maybe cause she one of the few promises she made was that it would be a 20k+ stadium. Why is it not ok for fans to ask these kinds of questions? :laugh:

Seems more like whatever she says and does you along with a few others will always be happy. Literally lap up anything no matter what just to prove you’re the biggest and most loyal fan. It’s tedious. It will be a huge disappointment if the capacity doesn’t breach 20k and it doesn’t make you a bad fan for thinking that. Give it a rest. 

Give it a rest FFS. Huge dissapointment. I was promised 20000 bolloxs. You are getting a new stand. Does it really matter 20000 or less by a little amount. Will you sleep better at night if it's 20000. Tedious is the I was promised, desperate to find fault attitude by hobbits trolls and assholes.

15 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

E8D887A9-95C2-4A94-94EB-52344F161CDE.jpeg

8E6A6439-950A-4351-BC93-328F8105AD13.jpeg

Telling you that side burn guy is creepy.

Any HMFC historians know of any men that looked this way in our history that would have had an interest in the redevelopment of the main stand?

Spooky stuff like. 

11 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

The capacity will be recorded as 20 k +  100% , sorry to disappoint any Wee team interlopers , but you can take that to the bank 

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I agree ,I will just stop now mine are put to shame.

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

My phone has a great camera, but it was a particularly bright day. I made sure I adjusted the backlighting etc before posting them up so areas in the shadow (the ground floor windows and doors for instance) showed up much more like how we see them in real life. 

5 hours ago, Red Jamie said:

You've not put up a single positive post in any of your 63 posts so far.  You stirring shit where there is none.  I for one am delighted that we are staying in out spiritual home, no matter how limited our new structures capacity may be.  Now jog on back to the green side.

Just now, indianajones said:

Any HMFC historians know of any men that looked this way in our history that would have had an interest in the redevelopment of the main stand?

Spooky stuff like. 

He looks like the lead singer from The Flying Pickets and he actually died earlier this year. 

Very spooky.

19 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Spooky stuff like. 

Cant remember which one, but a Hearts related book I’ve read mentioned that the former janitor and various other employees through the years often heard noises at night in the old stand and that they felt it could have been the spirits of those brave souls who never returned in ww1?

Konrad von Carstein
6 hours ago, Red Jamie said:

He was clearly appointed because he designed the other 3 stands. The fact that his company's other projects are extensions and conversions, I have to agree with you.

But there's still one on sale? There's no way that seat isn't restricted in view by the communications box.

Excellent point, or it would be if it were true...sadly, for you, it's bollox....

1 minute ago, Yoda said:

He looks like the lead singer from The Flying Pickets and he actually died earlier this year. 

Very spooky.

Well it is getting near Halloween. 

:sterb147:       :shocked666:

42 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

OCD

32 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Spooky stuff like. 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss...our new main stand has ghosts, magic...the Road hasn't.

Some people let this stuff monkey with their heid...I love it, I hope he has pals, our virtual stadium capacity has no bounds, woooooooooooooaaaa.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Hobos on here are trying to make an issue of the capacity when no Hearts fan really gives a feck :laugh:

Totally. "A huge disappointment" ? Said no Hearts fan ever.

Nucky Thompson

If the final capacity was 19999.5, I would not be disappointed in the slightest

AB doesn't even mention the capacity because it isn't important, unless you're a hobo

Of course the capacity is important. We should be getting 20k+ for £13-14 million. 

What isn't important is this myth that it needs to be bigger than ER. Tynecastle has never been bigger than ER so not sure where the myth has came from other than perhaps Hobos. They may be mistaking our boasting of higher attendances year on year with stadium size.

51 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Give it a rest FFS. Huge dissapointment. I was promised 20000 bolloxs. You are getting a new stand. Does it really matter 20000 or less by a little amount. Will you sleep better at night if it's 20000. Tedious is the I was promised, desperate to find fault attitude by hobbits trolls and assholes.

45 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The capacity will be recorded as 20 k +  100% , sorry to disappoint any Wee team interlopers , but you can take that to the bank 

34 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

**** off you hobbit troll.  You've not put up a single positive post in any of your 63 posts so far.  You stirring shit where there is none.  I for one am delighted that we are staying in out spiritual home, no matter how limited our new structures capacity may be.  Now jog on back to the green side.

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

OCD

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Hobos on here are trying to make an issue of the capacity when no Hearts fan really gives a feck :laugh:

10 minutes ago, pablo said:

Totally. "A huge disappointment" ? Said no Hearts fan ever.

And thus my point is proven. The gatekeeping here is unreal. If you don’t think exactly like me you’re a hobo troll etc etc. Why not just discuss things instead of getting so angry that someone doesn’t have the same opinion as you?

Lots of people in this very thread have asked about the capacity. They’ll be disappointed if it’s under 20k. Will this carry over to match day? No. Will it stop them supporting hearts? No. Does it make them hibs fans? No. Is the new stand thread on kickback the right place to discuss that disappointment? Absolutely. 

No idea why there’s so many weak willed people on here who feel threatened by an opposing view. It’s really weird. 

Ive made plenty positive posts heartsofgold. Maybe look a bit harder. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Red Jamie said:

And thus my point is proven. The gatekeeping here is unreal. If you don’t think exactly like me you’re a hobo troll etc etc. Why not just discuss things instead of getting so angry that someone doesn’t have the same opinion as you?

Lots of people in this very thread have asked about the capacity. They’ll be disappointed if it’s under 20k. Will this carry over to match day? No. Will it stop them supporting hearts? No. Does it make them hibs fans? No. Is the new stand thread on kickback the right place to discuss that disappointment? Absolutely. 

No idea why there’s so many weak willed people on here who feel threatened by an opposing view. It’s really weird. 

^^^^ As obvious as Question in Hamilton.

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

AB doesn't even mention the capacity because it isn't important, unless you're a hobo

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sam, have you considered diversifying your posts?

Maybe see what The Shed has to offer?

Is it healthy, to only limit yourself, in the 63 post you’ve made so far(under your present guise, of course) to purely the stand thread. Or, systemic failure threads, for example?

It’s an odd M.O. but you seem to be having fun, mate. Up to you, I guess.

2 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

I have the strangest feeling that Red Jamie is Sergey.

So so predictable :laugh: 

why do you all struggle to separate your own thoughts from other people’s thoughts? Unreal. I’ve hardly said anything bad. It’s not threatening your credentials as a hearts fan if I’m curious about the capacity. You’re allowed to not be disappointed without getting angry at anyone that would be. It’s not even confirmed ffs :laugh:

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Of course the capacity is important. We should be getting 20k+ for £13-14 million. 

What isn't important is this myth that it needs to be bigger than ER. Tynecastle has never been bigger than ER so not sure where the myth has came from other than perhaps Hobos. They may be mistaking our boasting of higher attendances year on year with stadium size.

Who has mentioned Easter road? Couldn’t give two hoots about their capacity. You’re right though we should have 20k for that money, particularly as it was a big deal for Budge when announcing the project. 

12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

So does it really matter if the capacity was 19999 or 20001?

We are getting a modern, 1st class facility with an 3k extra seats to replace our crumbling 100 year old stand for £13 - £14m 

5 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

Staying at Tynecastle was the call made. Believed to be fans preference.  

There have been certain limitations with the site and then the actual configuration. I tend to trust what the club have said but  there are people who think we could have had higher capacity. Club did hold consultation events but few bother with that. 

If demand is high then people will be unhappy 

Success on pitch should cancel that out but then there will be questions asked

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So does it really matter if the capacity was 19999 or 20001?

We are getting a modern, 1st class facility with an 3k extra seats to replace our crumbling 100 year old stand for £13 - £14m 

Wouldn’t matter if it wasn’t how it was sold to us. You can only have disappointment if you have expectations. If she’d said it’s possible we’d get 20k then we’d be waiting on good news. She said we would so now we’re waiting on bad news. Not a difficult concept. You don’t care and that’s fine. Some people do. 

If its 19999 I’d be counting the ballboy stools.