New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

8 minutes ago, By the light said:

Remember first time I clapped eyes on the Wheatfield when it was built. I must’ve been about 13, walked in with my mate along the tarmac path behind the goals.  Thing looked muckin huge!  We were playing Aberdeen that day and Stevie Frail scored a beauty.  Can’t remember final score. Those pics bring back loads of memories.  At that age Tynecastle and football in general was magical.  Cynical old fart these days, wish I felt the same about football as I did back then.

This match. A week after the Celtic match mentioned above. :)

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199410221.html

27 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

I'm sure this was a sat game mate against ceptic cause I got lifted in the old stand,the horrible ****s were in upper  main we were in the enclosure below and there was a scramash,I'm sure paul Mcstay got stretchered off as well??

Hence the username? :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

All 14 starters and subs were Scottish I see, and a crowd of only 12,000! I remember the cushions now, they were on the bench seating that had been installed on the old terrace wasn't it?

Only 12000 and that was with Celtic's allocation being significantly reduced from when they had a standing terracing. 

Go back to 1992/93 and 7000-8000 was not an unusual crowd. 

Perth to Paisley

With all that building work going on I must remember to take a duster for my seat in the Wheatfield. Unless the 100K window contract includes  a a pre opening deep clean?

2 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Only 12000 and that was with Celtic's allocation being significantly reduced from when they had a standing terracing. 

Go back to 1992/93 and 7000-8000 was not an unusual crowd. 

Jeez, average crowd of 9829 that season, lowest crowd 5060 against St Johnstone. I vaguely remember not enjoying my football at the time, and just saw it was Jordans last season in charge - which explains that!

Just saw that in fact 27 of the 28 stripped players (all except Celtic's sub keeper, Paddy Bonner) were Scottish!

Just now, Smithee said:

Jeez, average crowd of 9829 that season, lowest crowd 5060 against St Johnstone. I vaguely remember not enjoying my football at the time, and just saw it was Jordans last season in charge - which explains that!

Just saw that in fact 27 of the 28 stripped players (all except Celtic's sub keeper, Paddy Bonner) were Scottish!

I remember the Saint J game well. Was absolutely chucking it down. 

Those of us that were there were in the shed and no one was behind the goal!! 

2 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I remember the Saint J game well. Was absolutely chucking it down. 

Those of us that were there were in the shed and no one was behind the goal!! 

I thought I was remembering the celtic game pishing it down, maybe it was that one

Just now, Smithee said:

I thought I was remembering the celtic game pishing it down, maybe it was that one

You were right. It was chucking it down at the Celtic game. The Saint J game I was meaning was January 1993.

3 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

You were right. It was chucking it down at the Celtic game. The Saint J game I was meaning was January 1993.

Ah good, I've no quite lost it yet, quarter of a century ago too!

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

All 14 starters and subs were Scottish I see, and a crowd of only 12,000! I remember the cushions now, they were on the bench seating that had been installed on the old terrace wasn't it?

If you look again at the photo you will see that the school end terrace has gone. The Gorgie Rd terrace had been significantly reduced and had seats installed so 12 K might well have been a sell out.

N Lincs Jambo

If you look again at the photo you will see that the school end terrace has gone. The Gorgie Rd terrace had been significantly reduced and had seats installed so 12 K might well have been a sell out.

N Lincs Jambo

4 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

2017-10-26_08-33-40.thumb.jpg.006b2f9af55c6e8ad933c779c0885c6c.jpg

Couple of pics showing Tynie back in the 90s taken from my Brothers flat.

Before and after the Celtic midweek game when we gave them those foam pads to sit on and they ripped them up and made crosses. 

Some difference!

My old man (Celtic fan) took me to that game sitting in the Wheatfield. It was pissing down. I'm pretty sure we got fined for what they did to the pads too?

Forgot that the opposite Roseburn pylon was up then as well!

I P Knightley
12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Tremendous that a post by "by the light" is followed by "silvery moon"

I noticed that, too, but instead of posting about the coincidence (or reading the content of the posts), I just sang the tune to myself - complete with the backing parts :) :note2::note::walkman:

All roads lead to Gorgie

It will be great to see the covers coming off the seats and then we will see the Maroon in its full glory. A lot pictures are wide angled too so it is going to look even more impressive in the flesh.

32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Are all the seats between the dugouts and the walkway reserved for home/away club staff, or have some/all of these been sold as season tickets?

Also just noticed the staircase to the right of the home dugout is narrower than the staircase to the left of the away dugout. That's annoying. [Unless it's not and just an optical illusion!]

Edited by Hearts_fan

Everybody Loves Baz!
15 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

2017-10-26_08-33-40.thumb.jpg.006b2f9af55c6e8ad933c779c0885c6c.jpg

Couple of pics showing Tynie back in the 90s taken from my Brothers flat.

Before and after the Celtic midweek game when we gave them those foam pads to sit on and they ripped them up and made crosses. 

Some difference!

That was back in the day when I worked at Tynie under Les Porteous. We used to have to go in early and dry all the seats, then put them feckin pads down.

Hated that job lol.

4 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Are all the seats between the dugouts and the walkway reserved for home/away club staff, or have some/all of these been sold as season tickets?

Also just noticed the staircase to the right of the home dugout is narrower than the staircase to the left of the away dugout. That's annoying.

Thats just the angle the photo is taken at I think.

is that Levien on the pitch at the front?

There were Celtic fans in the Wheatfield Section A that day, as part of a new family area; not one of Pieman's better ideas and thankfully it got pulled after that.  

Great game though, lovely wee toke poke from Robbo into the roof of the net from a Jim Bett shot. The game was shown by p0ab2 from his (much missed) VHS collection. 

2 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Thats just the angle the photo is taken at I think.

is that Levien on the pitch at the front?

I think you're right.

Also agree that it looks like Levein – clearly interested in the quality of surface in the midfield area ;)

Gene Parmesan
27 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Both teams' club staff in the rows behind the dugouts, and the back couple of rows (seats not installed yet) are media. So none are STs.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

From Hearts twitter

DNJDgyVX0AAQAce.jpg

That's the one we've all been waiting for, the pano, feels like you're there

Just picture it on one of those winter derby days, mist in the air, an extra c3000 jambo voices doubling the noise levels from what was produced by the old stand, brewery smell swirling around tynecastle park. A shame it wont be done for Killie but what matters is, it will be done and it will see hundreds of great games of football over many years. Cannot wait!!

Footballfirst
48 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Also just noticed the staircase to the right of the home dugout is narrower than the staircase to the left of the away dugout. That's annoying. [Unless it's not and just an optical illusion!]

Looking at the original plans for the front section, you can see that a fair number of seats have been lost due to the configuration around the dugouts and tunnel. I think those changes will take the capacity below 20,000.

LnbCAYx.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

41 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I think you're right.

Also agree that it looks like Levein – clearly interested in the quality of surface in the midfield area ;)

Don't know why as he misses it out most of the time with his tactics.

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Looking at the original plans for the front section, you can see that a fair number of seats have been lost due to the configuration around the dugouts and tunnel. I think those changes will take the capacity below 20,000.

LnbCAYx.jpg

Interesting. At the HMSA dinner last month Ann was saying it was still over 20,000. I guess we need to wait and see. 

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don't know why as he misses it out most of the time with his tactics.

He talks about that in today's Evening News, but that's for another thread.

Coburg Hearts
15 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Tremendous that a post by "by the light" is followed by "silvery moon"

Where is Talk of the Toon haha

Good spot ;)

Footballfirst
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Interesting. At the HMSA dinner last month Ann was saying it was still over 20,000. I guess we need to wait and see. 

If you look at the plan above there were 530 seats shown in front of Section R (280 + 250). 

Note that Section R on the plan is now Section R + the central section (Premium / Hospitality / Directors box / Tunnel / Dugouts)

From the pictures it looks like the final configuration will be:

Section R - 10 rows of 18  (available for STs) = 180

Behind the away dugout 3 rows of 14 (reserved for players /coaches) = 42

Behind the home dugout 3 rows of 15 (reserved for players /coaches) = 45

Plus a maximum of 4 rows of 17 and 4 rows of 18 (reserved for the media) = 140

That makes a total of 407, a loss of 117 compared to the original plans.

The recent photos also show that there are 25 (wider?) seats in each row of the central section against 28 in the original plan.  Even if the wider seats are only installed in rows 15-37, then that is another 69 seats lost compared to the original plans. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Coburg Hearts
12 hours ago, scuj1 said:

My old man (Celtic fan) took me to that game sitting in the Wheatfield. It was pissing down. I'm pretty sure we got fined for what they did to the pads too?

Forgot that the opposite Roseburn pylon was up then as well!

I thought I had it bad my old man being a Hibby, but............;)

It would be very disappointing if the final capacity was sub-20,000. 

We're already losing 300 seats due to that horrible segregation tarpaulin.  

The Apprentice

Don't ask me why but I was thinking about our friendly a few years ago at home to Royal Antwerp so googled it out of interest.  I found the below blog on the match and funnily enough it was a game to mark the 125th Anniversary of us playing at Tynecastle.  Quite interesting to read the guys views on the old stand and particularly the opinion that if the old stand was to go, most of the character of Tynecastle would go too.

Thought it was quite an interesting statement in terms of where we are now with the new stand.

https://davesfootballtravels.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/game-6-heart-of-midlothian-1-0-royal-antwerp/

57 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Unfortunately most of Ann's statements over the last few months have required a large side order of salt!!!