New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

It would be very disappointing if the final capacity was sub-20,000. 

We're already losing 300 seats due to that horrible segregation tarpaulin.  

Ain't the tarps fault, it's the plebs. With all the modern screening we have at our disposal these days, this needs to be addressed.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

Is the capacity going to be over 20k even without losing 300 seats to segregation?

I can't believe the club didn't consider things such as dugouts and premium/directors/media seating in their initial planning... But then again I can't believe we built a Skyline lounge which is 5 metres too low, or failed to realise that the Police Box blocked the view of some fans.

The stand looks great, but it is clearly far too small for our needs.

A few pics from earlier today. As has been mentioned before, the badge and lettering are definitely not too small when you see them in person.

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Is the capacity going to be over 20k even without losing 300 seats to segregation?

I can't believe the club didn't consider things such as dugouts and premium/directors/media seating in their initial planning... But then again I can't believe we built a Skyline lounge which is 5 metres too low, or failed to realise that the Police Box blocked the view of some fans.

The police box will be scaled back in the close season. All the main electrics, CCTV, audio and alarm systems are in there so it needs to be taken care of separately.  

10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The wee team's tarp isn't as big as ours

So called wee team don't need no tarp, the carriers are unable to fill their designated areas.

qyE1HvL.png

Somebody better wake Obua and Thomaso or they'll not get back down. :Welder:

Edited by Dannie Boy

A few from lunchtime today - detail rather than big picture.

Seating deck getting loaded in to section N

09_original.jpg?v51364071119051

Bollards running down Mcleod Street

10_original.jpg?v51364071119051

Lots of ground floor windows and doors nearing completion

11_original.jpg?v51364071119051

Steps going in from the concourse at the Gorgie end

12_original.jpg?v51364071119051

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

There were Celtic fans in the Wheatfield Section A that day, as part of a new family area; not one of Pieman's better ideas and thankfully it got pulled after that.  

Great game though, lovely wee toke poke from Robbo into the roof of the net from a Jim Bett shot. The game was shown by p0ab2 from his (much missed) VHS collection. 

That's me sir. I have a Silvery Moon channel now. Will try to upload them again.

49 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Don't ask me why but I was thinking about our friendly a few years ago at home to Royal Antwerp so googled it out of interest.  I found the below blog on the match and funnily enough it was a game to mark the 125th Anniversary of us playing at Tynecastle.  Quite interesting to read the guys views on the old stand and particularly the opinion that if the old stand was to go, most of the character of Tynecastle would go too.

Thought it was quite an interesting statement in terms of where we are now with the new stand.

https://davesfootballtravels.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/game-6-heart-of-midlothian-1-0-royal-antwerp/

I know Dave. Likes a pie. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bill said:

It would be very disappointing if the final capacity was sub-20,000. 

We're already losing 300 seats due to that horrible segregation tarpaulin.  

Those 300 will still be counted as being part of our capacity though, even though most matches we can't sell them.

7 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Looking believable for entry next month :-))

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

The police box will be scaled back in the close season. All the main electrics, CCTV, audio and alarm systems are in there so it needs to be taken care of separately.  

So what about season tickets sold in the far end of of Section T? I can still log in and purchase the last ticket in that section, which makes me think the rest are already sold? You won't be able to see the goals from those seats. 

5ANFfos.png

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

If you look at the plan above there were 530 seats shown in front of Section R (280 + 250). 

Note that Section R on the plan is now Section R + the central section (Premium / Hospitality / Directors box / Tunnel / Dugouts)

From the pictures it looks like the final configuration will be:

Section R - 10 rows of 18  (available for STs) = 180

Behind the away dugout 3 rows of 14 (reserved for players /coaches) = 42

Behind the home dugout 3 rows of 15 (reserved for players /coaches) = 45

Plus a maximum of 4 rows of 17 and 4 rows of 18 (reserved for the media) = 140

That makes a total of 407, a loss of 117 compared to the original plans.

The recent photos also show that there are 25 (wider?) seats in each row of the central section against 28 in the original plan.  Even if the wider seats are only installed in rows 15-37, then that is another 69 seats lost compared to the original plans. 

The original plans were for a final capacity of 20,099 right? This is hugely disappointing if true. Your maths puts us to a capacity of 19,913.

So Make Some Noise..

Guys - Someone told me that we won't be filling in the side panels due to overruns.. can anyone confirm if this is true? I've tried hunting through this for info but can't see any mention.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I know we are taking remedial steps, but it seemed to catch us by surprise.  The scaling back for the police box should really have been done when we were making the alterations to the Wheatfield.

My basic issue is that I'm not convinced Jim Clydesdale is very good at his job and concerned that he was appointed without a tendering exercise.

12 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

So what about season tickets sold in the far end of of Section T? I can still log in and purchase the last ticket in that section, which makes me think the rest are already sold? You won't be able to see the goals from those seats. 

I'm pretty sure they were greyed out due to being taken off-sale.

A big chunk of the seats suddenly went grey overnight suggesting the club realised they would be restricted view and took them off-sale. Presumably the few seats that had already been sold in this area were relocated.

Strange one with that one random seat available though.

Edited by Ray Gin

24 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Does anyone know if the roadway leading to the Gorgie Stand on the last photo is going to be tarmac or monbloc, thanks.

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I know we are taking remedial steps, but it seemed to catch us by surprise.  The scaling back for the police box should really have been done when we were making the alterations to the Wheatfield.

My basic issue is that I'm not convinced Jim Clydesdale is very good at his job and concerned that he was appointed without a tendering exercise.

He was clearly appointed because he designed the other 3 stands. The fact that his company's other projects are extensions and conversions, I have to agree with you.

Just now, Ray Gin said:

I'm pretty sure they were greyed out due to being taken off-sale.

A big chunk of the seats suddenly went grey overnight suggesting the club realised they would be restricted view and took them off-sale. Presumably the few seats that had already been sold in this area were relocated.

But there's still one on sale? There's no way that seat isn't restricted in view by the communications box.

kingantti1874
46 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

You can see the castle from the skyline lounge so not sure why it's too low.. And we did realise the police box was going to block the view and have plans to resolve it next summer.. On your main point.. I'm sure the capacity stated considered the actual number of seats.. Not that difficult to calculate or even count the things from the stand 

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

5ANFfos.png

The original plans were for a final capacity of 20,099 right? This is hugely disappointing if true. Your maths puts us to a capacity of 19,913.

Have the seats on the far right of T been sold? Or are they grey as not sold

38 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

That's me sir. I have a Silvery Moon channel now. Will try to upload them again.

Do you have the derby after the take over? That disappeared a while ago and I've been wanting to see it! Think it was 5-10 mins of highlights

13 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

He was clearly appointed because he designed the other 3 stands. The fact that his company's other projects are extensions and conversions, I have to agree with you.

But there's still one on sale? There's no way that seat isn't restricted in view by the communications box.

Why don't you give the club a call and tell them, maybe they just missed it.

33 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

5ANFfos.png

Not quite. The original planning application was for 20,099, but a couple of posters on here, myself included,  got a higher figure than that based on the seat maps - my figure was more like 20,160 if I recall.

Noting FF's comments, I think it's a case of wait and see. We've got seats to add at some point around the police box when it's re-modelled, and we're not entirely sure yet of what the seating detail is above the new dug outs. I would find it hard to believe that all of this wasn't accounted for when the 20,099 figure was included with the planing application.

Edited by JALBO

17 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Are you taking into consideration the time pressures that were involved due to the council's plans to knock down and rebuild the nursery?

The club would have ideally liked another year or two to complete the project but the council gave them no option.

It was either "do it now, or be landlocked forever".

That's why things were rushed and that's why things like the Skyline lounge being a couple of metres lower than it should have been didn't become apparent until it was too late.

The fact that we can't sell a few dozen seats until next season is an incredibly small issue in the grand scheme of things.

A viewing platform can be added to the roof of the Skyline lounge.

It's not perfect, but I'm over it.

43 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Does anyone know if the red brickwork is made up from bricks recovered from the demolition of the old stand?

There appears to be various shade of red colours in this pick so hoping it is.

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

From Hearts twitter

DNJDgyVX0AAQAce.jpg

Looking great, but....the size of the crests are going to annoy me :lol: 

Edited by hmfc_liam06

He Who Cannot Be Named
7 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Does anyone know if the red brickwork is made up from bricks recovered from the demolition of the old stand?

Surely the bricks wouldn't be in any usable condition after being demolished?

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Why don't you give the club a call and tell them, maybe they just missed it.

What a strange guy :laugh:

6 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Not quite. The original planning application was for 20,099, but a couple of posters on here, myself included,  got a higher figure than that based on the seat maps - my figure was more like 20,160 if I recall.

Noting FF's comments, I think it's a case of wait and see. We've got seats to add at some point around the police box when it's re-modelled, and we're not entirely sure yet of what the seating detail is above the new dug outs. I would find it hard to believe that all of this wasn't accounted for when the 20,099 figure was included with the planing application.

Good to know it was slightly higher in practice. Gives us more wiggle room. It does appear that it wasn't entirely accounted for in the planning application, hence why it's not in the schematics. 

Maybe we well need to raise the roof on the Gorgie to get those few hundred extra seats.

He Who Cannot Be Named
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Are they actually smaller or is it just the depth of field?

Edited by He Who Cannot Be Named

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Me too, why was it so difficult to take the size print from the crests on the other 3 stands and mirror it

10 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Yes they have reused them

10 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Just now, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

Are they actually smaller or is it just the depth of feild?

Yes the bricks are from the original main stand.

Just now, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

Are they actually smaller or is it just the depth of feild?

I definitely look smaller to me.

Maybe one of the guys working on them can confirm?

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

ce589c7f435f93901404e4ba17902834.jpg

Crests are the same size? The top sections of the new stand are bigger, so the bottom of the crests finish a bit higher up from the concourse, but the height will be the same number of seats as the crests on the other stands. I believe.

00fe9168c6e77294ddc249e309537e60.jpgLCvovgV.jpg

4 seats for the centre. 3 white seats in the lower part of the saltire, 5 white seats in the upper arms. 2 seat grey border leading into the 3 seats at the bows of the heart. 22 seats across at the widest part.

Same size. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Ehh sorry if this has already been asked (and if so answered) but in this picture it looks like some of the seats in the Roseburn have been replaced.  Sorry got the pictures the wrong way round.

hearts20.jpg

DNJDgyVX0AAQAce.jpg

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

Was on site today and took loads of pics but I’ve neither the time or inclination to upload them on here.

Looking good though. 

32 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Yes it is.

1 hour ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I see that you're on You Tube. Great stuff. 

47 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I don't know about any of that but I'm glad they're scaling the police box back next summer.  To be fair, the way it was explained, it did seem like one of those jobs where they had to kick the can down the road a bit to allow them to crack on with getting the stand built. 

10 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

Was on site today and took loads of pics but I’ve neither the time or inclination to upload them on here.

Looking good though. 

It's alright, obua has us covered anyway

30 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

00fe9168c6e77294ddc249e309537e60.jpgLCvovgV.jpg

4 seats for the centre. 3 white seats in the lower part of the saltire, 5 white seats in the upper arms. 2 seat grey border leading into the 3 seats at the bows of the heart. 22 seats across at the widest part.

Same size. 

Nice one.

Maybe would have looked more in sync had they been aligned from the bottom? 

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Nice one.

Maybe would have looked more in sync had they been aligned from the bottom? 

Maybe. I'm sure there would be the same sort of reaction though. Maybe could have just made them bigger to fill the whole section. Regardless, they've chosen to keep them the same size and the same distance from the top. Won't even notice when bums are in seats anyway.

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

Bollards set to the standard 'testicle height', I trust?