New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

gorgie rd eh11
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

What is the plan to meet the funding shortfall? Have I missed something?

Aye you missed it mate, we’re having a beetle drive end of November.

The Future's Maroon
5 minutes ago, obua said:

Fire protection progressing crucial for safety certificate.

227A28A5-28D2-46F4-8416-4E13AB7B3611.jpeg

CDB04896-846B-4152-9EEC-8C97E9DF00A4.jpeg

86B5C44C-E020-4ABE-8864-CC6BB1AE2C17.jpeg

Progressing well, and quickly.

(check your pm's Obua) ;-)

2 hours ago, obua said:

It’s not that close to the pitch,I don’t know where this come from.At the moment there is 2 large cherry pickers between the seats and the grass.

Would you care to enlighten a certain Francis Albert what these Cherry Pickers are there to do please as it would seem that he has no idea or else he just likes moaning. There was me thinking I was bad but he makes me pale into insignificance.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, ManMoth said:

That's a poor analogy, it's nothing like the same situation. 

I've seen Baldrick come up with better analogies. It seems the nearer we come to completion the more desperate some of our own "fans" are to throw cold water on it. It beggars belief, though, some of the wild accusations being thrown at Ann Budge and our club. 

Someone mentioned greengingeresqe, but at least we know he's hibs. I'm not so sure that all of those moaning are Hearts.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, redm said:

The stand is looking better and better all the time. Highlights of the last few days include the badge going up and the sight of the lower seating being so close to the pitch. 

I. Can’t. Wait. 

This would be exciting in any circumstances but given where we are and where we’ve recently been, it feels so special to see all of this happening. What a glorious statement of intent. 

Amen x 100.

58 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Small detail, but the doors were going in at the Sky Lounge this afternoon

10_original.jpg?v30676949358051

Any this looks like the east stand at Lochend?  Does it really?

Just now, ericb said:

I’m beginning to think the tone of Anne’s comments side  towards it being ready. 

Could be... or the likes of Francis Albert, greenginger, Sergey, JiH and Bajillions could be right, and the club are evil *******s who lie to us regularly and want us to struggle. :(

Governor Tarkin

See this plaza when it's finished, is it going to be the new place where Kickback pugilistically settles it's differences or are we retaining behind the Wheatfield as the standard pagger location?

Big Slim Stylee
9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I'd already read it. How does it explain why, two months after the surprise discovery that we failed to order the seats, that the roof isn't ready?

Christ you are the most tedious man :(

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry to disappoint you. Except that I have every right to express my opinions I also find it entertaining when I am accused of being Greenginger (with whom I am a lot less familiar than those who make that claim) and more generally being "Hibs". Pathetic stuff really.

But I don't ask anyone to disappear in the incredibly patronising way you have just done.

Positive opinions now and again wouldnt go amiss unless you really dont like Hearts of course.  If thats the case, be a man and come out and say it.  If you do support Hearts, tell us on a scale of 1-10 what you think of Hibs with 1 being low.  Just to give you a wee prompt, I rate them at -33.

5 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You are massively tolerant!

just say you buy a house for £100,000 with a move in date of 1st September.

on the basis of this you move out of your current home on the 31st of August only to be told that your new house will not be ready until 1st November (but possibly mid November)

and

the price you now must pay for your new house is £115,00!

is that more than acceptable????

What a ludicrous analogy!

It's barely worth even discussing, but to try to put the reality in terms of such a bizarre analogy, we haven't bought a stand off a builder, we're building it ourselves!

If you've ever watched any property programmes on tv, you'd know that projects tend to go over both the time and budget that are estimated at the start.

And, as others have pointed out, people frequently buy houses with expected move-in dates, and then find their entry is delayed!  It happens quite regularly.

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

What is the plan to meet the funding shortfall? Have I missed something?

Yup you have missed something.

the plan has been delayed by the weather ...... or some other bullshit......

36 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

That pallet is not centred 

Ffs, that's not in the original plan, I've been checking all night.

Budge pulling the wool over our eyes again.

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Positive opinions now and again wouldnt go amiss unless you really dont like Hearts of course.  If thats the case, be a man and come out and say it.  If you do support Hearts, tell us on a scale of 1-10 what you think of Hibs with 1 being low.  Just to give you a wee prompt, I rate them at -33.

Supporting Hearts is nothing about hating Hibs, for me anyway. 

On 19/10/2017 at 12:26, sandylejambo said:

22 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Club been honest from start , ll01 updates from Mrs budge and I believe another one in next few days planned 

Elias Henry Furst
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You are massively tolerant!

just say you buy a house for £100,000 with a move in date of 1st September.

on the basis of this you move out of your current home on the 31st of August only to be told that your new house will not be ready until 1st November (but possibly mid November)

and

the price you now must pay for your new house is £115,00!

is that more than acceptable????

2 years ago I bought a ‘plot’ and was told the move in date would be the last week in October.

I put my then current home on the market and was fortunate to agree a completion date that tied in with my move in date for my new build.

I moved in to my new house 6 days before Christmas.

It’s construction. Shit happens.

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

When the Kilmarnock game gets played at Tynecastle some people are going to be very disappointed!

Geoff people lose their shit over the colour of our seats christ knows what they’ll say after going to the 3/4 finished stand.

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

When the Kilmarnock game gets played at Tynecastle some people are going to be very disappointed!

Its ok, they will just move on to the next thing to moan about 

21 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Geoff people lose their shit over the colour of our seats christ knows what they’ll say after going to the 3/4 finished stand.

Aye, the colour of seats that still had the protective wrapping on them.

“But they look a lighter shade than the rest of the ground”. :lol:

I'd be quite happy for the club to delay opening the new stand until it is completely finished.

Then we could have a grand opening revealing our new "office block" instead of having fans traipsing around a half finished building site moaning about lack of facilities etc.

I'm sure a couple of potential 35k gates against Celtic and Hibs would help the shortfall.

Nice to think that The Rangers ,Celtic,Sheep and Hibs fans will all have made their contribution to our New Stand Development.

Edited by luckydug
Add sheep fans

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'd be quite happy for the club to delay opening the new stand until it is completely finished.

Then we could have a grand opening revealing our new "office block" instead of having fans traipsing around a half finished building site moaning about lack of facilities etc.

I'm sure a couple of potential 35k gates against Celtic and Hibs would help the shortfall.

Nice to think that The Rangers ,Celtic,Sheep and Hibs fans will all have made their contribution to our New Stand Development.

Reckon the Hubs would try and boycott it some feeble fashion.

Not sure many will moan too much about it being unfinished think most will just be glad to be back home.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I'll join those who say they do not mind waiting until NOVEMBER 19,

As long as the November 5 game is in Edinburgh at 15:00.

(And a few more loyalty points for the inconvenience ...)

11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

OK so I haven't missed anything.

Sorry FA, I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinion, but your continued  negativity on this new stand build I think shows you are missing quite a lot.

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

FA donated regularily to the JKB Fund during Administration, did he no?

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I am not getting upset like some as i'm just grateful that we are getting a fantastic new main stand.  Yes Luckydug you are right let's chill and look forward to going home to Tynie in the near future. It will be fabulous.

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Health and safety certificate not issued due to trip hazard in tunnel!

Just now, Armageddon said:

The players will definitely trip over that, we’re a joke of a club :(

IT'S UNACCEPTABLE  !

Where's FA when we need him  ☺

If it's not ready for the killie game , I will be fuming. It's an extra mile or so walk from the boozer. I will be asking to be reimbursed by HMFC for the wear and tear on my new plimsolls.. shocking treatment of us loyal fans

Great pics again Obua , it’s looking as if it’ll be ready tor November 5th but if not the 19 th will be fine ? 

35 minutes ago, luckydug said:

IT'S UNACCEPTABLE  !

Where's FA when we need him  ☺

Cutting about in a blazer muttering at squirrels for being untidy looking.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Jingle Bells said:

And he has been complimentary about the stand on several occasions recently. But he does seem paranoid about perceived spin from the club (the bullshit).

Coburg Hearts
6 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

According to Willie Collum it's off-side ;)

2 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Is it bad to be hoping for a delay. In Southampton on the 5th. ?

Same im in London. 

According to FB its the toilets that are nowhere near ready.

2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Same im in London. 

When you say according to Facebook, do you mean the official club page releasing info, or the brain trust that infest the comments sections of every FB Page with HMFC connections?

Just got a fleeting glimpse on the western approach road and it does look incredible in the flesh. No picture can grasp the scale 

30 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

And he has been complimentary about the stand on several occasions recently. But he does seem paranoid about perceived spin from the club (the bullshit).

Given he flies up from London for matches I think there is no doubt he’s a Hearts supporter. He’s just big on governance, honesty and openness. Useful to have peope like that imo. 

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

When you say according to Facebook, do you mean the official club page releasing info, or the brain trust that infest the comments sections of every FB Page with HMFC connections?

Some of these facebook pages make jkb seem like the brains trust...maybe. :pimp2:

Just now, davemclaren said:

Some of these facebook pages make jkb seem like the brains trust...maybe. :pimp2:

They are truly awful. Riddled with racists and bigots. “Keep up the guid work m8. PC brigade can **** off” etc...

9 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Same im in London. 

Pretty sure if it's just the toilets that's the hold up, we can bring temporary toilets in for the game. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Jingle Bells said:

Funded, like my ST, FoH subs and flights to Edinburgh by Sergey and Greenginger. A small price to pay for infiltration of the enemy lines.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Funded, like my ST, FoH subs and flights to Edinburgh by Sergey and Greenginger. A small price to pay for infiltration of the enemy lines.

Why don't you give us a quick summary of how you would have masterminded the building of our new stand or would you not have bothered?

Keep at the back of your mind that those within the club who have got us to the stage we are at have never had any experience of the likes of this project before.

Also keep in mind the benfit of hindsight.