New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Happy days FF, cheers for the update??

Work will continue there over weekend, still 100% certain game on 5th November will go ahead at Tynecastle park 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Work will continue there over weekend, still 100% certain game on 5th November will go ahead at Tynecastle park 

Brave man. ?

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, JAMBONI said:

The lettering of "VOTE".... should be bigger I think

Definitely, and what's with the white pebbledash and bricks, makes the thing look like a 1960s social club...

1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

wee photo for anyone that's upset about how it looks...

mainstand.PNG think they have missed a trick omitting the water feature in the car park

Francis Albert

Ah. That's what we should be comparing our £14m spend with. A (fairly cheap) 100 year old building and some ghastly 60's construction.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Ah. That's what we should be comparing our £14m spend with. A (fairly cheap) 100 year old building and some ghastly 60's construction.

Probably better to compare it to a 157m tall, 38 storey skyscraper in Manhattan. 

Looking promising. 

The seats will will get done very quickly if all the rails are done. Wee army of guys with hydraulic bolt guns and it could be done in a day or so. 

Looks like they are cracking on with the bit that couldn’t be done when the high winds were forecast (or when they showed up late). 

Sunday looks like the only day all week with any wind at all, so hopefully be able to catch up. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

Probably better to compare it to a 157m tall, 38 storey skyscraper in Manhattan. 

:lol:

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

:biggrin:

Phil D. Corners
51 minutes ago, kila said:

Another one from Hearts twitter

Badge looks good there

DMlmK3-XcAA8pA9.thumb.jpg.f718f45491591d76dac0251233e3e717.jpg

My first thought was the lettering was too small. But if it was bigger it would take away the clean lines and reflection of the glass curtain wall. 

This shot kind of shows what I'm trying to say. There was a great panoramic shot a couple days ago and it was all about the light being reflected. Beautiful. 

2 hours ago, zoltan socrates said:

Oh ffs

ok is it a roll on bacon or a bacon roll, your answer will determine your status!

Bacon roll ?

The Silent Assassin
1 hour ago, poultry said:

Spot on. A wee bit o perspective is what is needed by some.

Don't like the font of the "vote no"sign

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

The Seagram Building is an iconic example of early International style. My comparison was a huge compliment to our new stand which is bang in line with that style. The style of course, not obviously the location and scale nor necessarily the architectural quality.. But if you want to insult the new stand by saying it is better than it replaced, feel free.

Really puts it all into perspectve when you look at the distance from the road to the old stand, to the road with the new stand. I didn't think the main stand would be much deeper than Wheatfield,  until i realised; the glass fronted part doesn't really look deep!

Havent seen it in person for about three months though, is my perception skewed by photographs?

Light reflecting off glass looks brilliant

Edited by Heidthebaw

17 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Im loving your work today.

50 minutes ago, graygo said:

Right Beats ya arsehole, you going on Tuesday and fancy meeting up beforehand?

For a bevvy. ?

Stu's birthday so we'll be starting early.

I'm in! 

14 minutes ago, CMc said:

Looking promising. 

The seats will will get done very quickly if all the rails are done. Wee army of guys with hydraulic bolt guns and it could be done in a day or so. 

Looks like they are cracking on with the bit that couldn’t be done when the high winds were forecast (or when they showed up late). 

Sunday looks like the only day all week with any wind at all, so hopefully be able to catch up. 

What's a hydraulic bolt gun?

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Don't think it's a 2 month delay on the roof because of the weather.

The recent weather has caused a delay to the roof being completed.

If the original excuse for the delay was the failure to order the seats (well after the brief failed attempt to blame the weather) why is the weather being potentially blamed for failure to complete the roof? Because taking delivery of the seats needed heavy lifting gear inside the ground ? We seem to have developed an insatiable appetite for swallowing bullshit.

Edited by Francis Albert

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Blaming the weather for a two month delay on the roof?

No she is not. Stop making things up and stirring things up.

"club chairwoman Ann Budge confirmed that things are on ‘a knife edge’. She admitted that the back-up proposal may need to be initiated after the recent winds set back the tight works schedule, curtailing roofing works. "

And 

"Last weekend we had roofers scheduled to do various things but because of the high winds that didn’t happen. 

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-haven-t-ruled-out-postponing-tynecastle-return-says-ann-budge-1-4591642 "

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

"club chairwoman Ann Budge confirmed that things are on ‘a knife edge’. She admitted that the back-up proposal may need to be initiated after the recent winds set back the tight works schedule, curtailing roofing works. "

And 

"Last weekend we had roofers scheduled to do various things but because of the high winds that didn’t happen. 

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-haven-t-ruled-out-postponing-tynecastle-return-says-ann-budge-1-4591642 "

I'd already read it. How does it explain why, two months after the surprise discovery that we failed to order the seats, that the roof isn't ready?

Edited by Francis Albert

7 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

And 

Just stop replying to him, you won't regret it is assure you. And those of us with him on ignore will be spared his trolling

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I'd already read it. How does it explain why, two months after the surprise discovery that we failed to order the seats, that the roof isn't ready?

Nail/head!

20 minutes ago, mutley said:

What's a hydraulic bolt gun?

Think the official name is a torque gun. 

Same thing mechanics use use to get wheels on and off. 

Hackney Hearts
17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think we've been through this (several times), haven't we? After the seats 'discovery', the whole schedule was altered in an attempt to get more of the overall project finished in time for the opening match. So in answer to your question, the explanation is that we've probably been (over-?)ambitious and ended up on a 'knife edge'. And if you're on a knife-edge, storm force winds are obviously not going to help.

29 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If the original excuse for the delay was the failure to order the seats (well after the brief failed attempt to blame the weather) why is the weather being potentially blamed for failure to complete the roof? Because taking delivery of the seats needed heavy lifting gear inside the ground ? We seem to have developed an insatiable appetite for swallowing bullshit.

Diddums

20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You could say the same about the new Queensferry Crossing.  Winds were blamed for the delays, but they were still finishing works either side of the bridge when it opened.

Have to say that im not to fussed about the delay as it will be ready soon.  Even with my very limited knowledge of construction I always thought the original dates were very optimistic and personally will be delighted if we can get in before the end of the year.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The only fair comparisons are with other football/sports stadia imo. 

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I think we've been through this (several times), haven't we? After the seats 'discovery', the whole schedule was altered in an attempt to get more of the overall project finished in time for the opening match. So in answer to your question, the explanation is that we've probably been (over-?)ambitious and ended up on a 'knife edge'. And if you're on a knife-edge, storm force winds are obviously not going to help.

I am not sure why "discovery" is in inverted commas unless we knew all along we had failed to order the seats. And if we do miss the 5th November it is because we ****ed up ... again.

High winds in October are pretty predictable events.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The only fair comparisons are with other football/sports stadia imo. 

Agreed. But not with 100 year old football/sports stadia.

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I am not sure why "discovery" is in inverted commas unless we knew all along we had failed to order the seats. And if we do miss the 5th November it is because we ****ed up ... again.

Didn't mean to imply anything by the inverted commas, was just quoting your terminology as shorthand for saying 'after we realised that someone hadn't ordered the seats on time'! High winds are likely at some point, yes.

IF we miss Nov 5th - we can say we were over ambitious.  

If we make it, we'll have been justifiably ambitious. I think it's about 70-30 in our favour by the sound of it.

Personally I like our club to have ambition, on the pitch and off it. 

So we are now up to 14 Million?

Losers.net say 15 Million, we need the truth!!

3 hours ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Oh look, here’s the latest member of another Hearts forum who shares exactly the same opinion as all of his mates.

Well colour me surprised.

:wow:

:spoton:

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Find out if the fabricators were relocated for an unspecified time once the seats event happened,I asked but I am a ghost so no reply.You probably wont even be able to read this.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

For the seats?

No I was referring to the end steel which could not be done until the heavy machinery was out of the way. Once that is done the roof can be finished and the end cladding.

The work that is going on today. I believe all the other works can done with the smaller machinery.

58 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I suppose it'd be better if the club just said things are taking longer than hoped with such a tight schedule but contractors are giving it their all

But really, I'm not fussed by the delay solely because Murrayfield is literally just another 5 min walk, and I think the club have that to their advantage - it'd be a different story if a late call for the Killie game meant fans having to trek out of town.

We're so very fortunate of Murrayfield's proximity that fans are not inconvenienced having to get there, so because of that, I don't care as much as you as to why there are minor delays.

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Everybody flat out to make it happen

Extra bodys/shifts going this weekend, people will be amazed at what can be done in a few days. I was told similar today to your thoughts about being 100% sure it will be ready. (If it's another couple of weeks, so be it in my opinion).

55 minutes ago, Barack said:

I have it on the very best authority, he is.

JiH is a respected poster, & his views should be heard. 

I think it's just his posting style that riles folk, can't mind off the top of my head and can't be arsed checking but I am sure he has been here longer than me (2008 under this username) and with about 10k posts.....that would be some effort to go to just for trolling reasons.

Sometimes the reactions on here come across a little on the bullying side. (I have had a go at him before yes, but that was just cos every post seemed to be a question which would have been easy to find out himself ala my posting style comment).

I know we’ve been having to swallow yours for long enough.

The seats need something to sit on requiring machinery however all that aside she hasnt said this is the only reason just one of many i would guess.

Edited by Jamboelite

Francis Albert

The seats need something to sit on? Well yes but there is no explanation of why the failure to order the seats meant that what they had to sit on is delayed by two months or why the roof over the seats is delayed by two months.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The seats need something to sit on? Well yes but there is no explanation of why the failure to order the seats meant that what they had to sit on is delayed by two months or why the roof over the seats is delayed by two months.

bait.png.444affc3ac441c3ec86f84da12548a88.png

2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Haha wind yer neck in chief, you've had a go at someone who has and is continuing to do good for the club, at least get her name right.

What's the matter with what I said...or are you only upset about the spelling?

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, kila said:

I suppose it'd be better if the club just said things are taking longer than hoped with such a tight schedule but contractors are giving it their all

But really, I'm not fussed by the delay solely because Murrayfield is literally just another 5 min walk, and I think the club have that to their advantage - it'd be a different story if a late call for the Killie game meant fans having to trek out of town.

We're so very fortunate of Murrayfield's proximity that fans are not inconvenienced having to get there, so because of that, I don't care as much as you as to why there are minor delays.

Agreed. I am not fussed with the delay either and the suddenly very popular Murrayfield gives us the opportunity with good marketing and some decent performances to build attendances so we can fill the new stand.

What annoys me is bullshit from the club. The stuff about the original delay being due to the summer weather in Edinburgh followed within 24 hours by a complete reversal. Astonishingly both announcements were praised on here for their open-ness and honesty! Now high winds risking opening two months later.

Not to mention the stuff about the brilliant candidates we had for the head coach job, all of whom were impressive in interview, only for Ann to suddenly have the light bulb moment when she realised we had the right man sitting in his office at Tynecastle or Riccarton all along.

I'd like the club to treat us like moderately intelligent adults.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If you think the club are pulling our pants down, which seems quite feasible, just come out and say it rather than making inferences and looking for explanation which won't satisfy you anyway.

Just come out and say it, man !

For the record, i'm cynical enough to think that they have, indeed, been tugging at our Y-fronts !

46 minutes ago, kila said:

I don't care at all.  I did care when Pieman tried to con us with a permanent move to Murrayfield but whether it is Guy Fawkes night or later is irrelevant to me, as is all the faux outrage on here.