New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

I think AB is just playing a wee game here prepapring everyone for bad news and then giving us all the thumbs up that we will be in for the 5th November.

Maybe with any luck she will make the announcement just before kick-off at the Hibs game. :thumbsup:

Hagar the Horrible

Based on the money raised so far to pay for this, the shortfall if any wont matter too much as inside 2 years the extra revenue generated from the extra seats and the extra corporate boxes, plus the FoH we will have the full thing bought and paid for inside  2years, There is no other skint club in that position.  In 2 years all we will be moaning about is who to spend all our additional revenue on.  Appart from Celtic we are in a better place finacially over the next decade than anybosy else,   Aberdeen have this pain to go though, and Sevco are on a downward spiral, we have times this right and could be very strong for a generation at least, so long as we dont go mad on buying duds.

I would buy this all 3 years ago and if the cost of this is waiting till the Partick game?  or even later, then I am going to bite your hand off.

On the build it and they will come thesus, then as we will have built the best athmospheric stadium in the UK, we need to fit seat belt into the seats in our new stand, because we are now on one hell of a journey.........

The Treasurer

With the possible (but by no means certain) delay putting the Killie game in doubt, would it not be possible to reschedule the game if need be rather than play at Murrayfield.

The following weekend is another international break so could it not be played on the Wednesday after.

I understand it would not be a great plan for those who have made travel arrangements

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

No we don't, not all of them.

Padded ones missing ? more than one batch ? likely not to turn up in 16 days ?

God I feel like I've turned into JIH. Have I turned into JIH ? does anyone know ?

Checked nope Im definitely not turning into him.

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Blaming the weather for a two month delay on the roof?

Don't think it's a 2 month delay on the roof because of the weather.

The recent weather has caused a delay to the roof being completed.

Just been down. The badge is outstanding and dominates the stand. More so than the pics. 

The lettering does seem too small but maybe get used to it and maybe they wanted the badge to stand out. 

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

There has been more than one bad spell with the weather to affect the roof however I would suggest she is perhaps indicating that the recent tight revised timeframe is being hampered by the recent weather. We have always been dependant on closing off the Roseburn end with big machinery finishing before the roof was able to be finished so the delay will have come from many different facets of the build. 

Edited by Jamboelite

zoltan socrates
5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Padded ones missing ? more than one batch ? likely not to turn up in 16 days ?

God I feel like I've turned into JIH. Have I turned into JIH ? does anyone know ?

Checked nope Im definitely not turning into him.

This depends JE, do you like a tattie scone on your bacon roll? If the answer is yes the prognosis doesnt look good

It's growing on me aesthetically. It's not dissimilar to a million and one places. Was standing outside St Pancras international earlier thinking that reminds me of......closer to home, Haymarket station. It's better looking than that. IMO obviously 

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A load of rubbish dont really see the point in anne putting out stuff like that.it just makes her look stupid

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just been down. The badge is outstanding and dominates the stand. More so than the pics. 

The lettering does seem too small but maybe get used to it and maybe they wanted the badge to stand out. 

The lettering will look completely different when lit, as will the facade with the lights on inside.

2 minutes ago, pablo said:

It's growing on me aesthetically. It's not dissimilar to a million and one places. Was standing outside St Pancras international earlier thinking that reminds me of......closer to home, Haymarket station. It's better looking than that. IMO obviously 

This made me laugh, I know what you mean, guess you were looking at St Pancras from the kings cross side but St Pancras from the front is a ******* amazing building.

5 minutes ago, jambocub said:

A load of rubbish dont really see the point in anne putting out stuff like that.it just makes her look stupid

Ann, if you're a PHM you would know this;)

Edited by jamboozy

1 minute ago, cheetah said:

This made me laugh, I know what you mean, guess you were looking at St Pancras from the kings cross side but St Pancras from the front is a ******* amazing building.

Yeah I was ☺ And totally agree with your opinion on it from it's good side. It's a fantastic building 

Elias Henry Furst
47 minutes ago, Beats said:

Stand looks very good on the inside but the outside!! They grey panels cheapen the whole thing. 

Hopefully they can be changed.

Oh look, here’s the latest member of another Hearts forum who shares exactly the same opinion as all of his mates.

Well colour me surprised.

Psychedelicropcircle

I’ve yet to hear a fellow jambo to air his or her opinion on how the back of the gorgie/wheatfield or the roseburn looks. 

Just now, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I’ve yet to hear a fellow jambo to air his or her opinion on how the back of the gorgie/wheatfield or the roseburn looks. 

:laugh:

22 minutes ago, zoltan socrates said:

This depends JE, do you like a tattie scone on your bacon roll? If the answer is yes the prognosis doesnt look good

The answer is yes..............bad times

1 minute ago, EH11 2NL said:

wee photo for anyone that's upset about how it looks...

mainstand.PNG

I think it's just Wheatfielders that thought it would be a good idea to stay put. I'm feeling sorry for them.

zoltan socrates
7 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

The answer is yes..............bad times

Oh ffs

ok is it a roll on bacon or a bacon roll, your answer will determine your status!

Edited by zoltan socrates

20 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Oh look, here’s the latest member of another Hearts forum who shares exactly the same opinion as all of his mates.

Well colour me surprised.

If you are happy with the stand then good for you. I think it could have looked far better than its going to.

The inside will look Incredible though. 

2 minutes ago, Beats said:

If you are happy with the stand then good for you. I think it could have looked far better than its going to.

I'm liking the look of the stand more and more as time goes by!

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm liking the look of the stand more and more as time goes by!

Hopefully when it's finished it will look the part.

Choking to get back to Tynecastle. Murrayfield is pish :(

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Beats said:

Its a shame your plans that could have made it look better at the same costings were not submitted in time then.   Nothing sadder than the bitter taste of having your building bid turned down eh?  Oh wait you are not an Architect nor a builder

4 minutes ago, Beats said:

Would have cost many millions more though. Which would have a knock on effect on the playing budget for a few years longer than it currently will

40 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Surely the roof should have been completed in time for the original date? Was only the seats that caused the delay I thought.

Don't think they could complete it as they needed the heavy lifting machinery to get access.

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don't think they could complete it as they needed the heavy lifting machinery to get access.

For the seats?

Just now, EH11 2NL said:

mainstand.PNG

Spot on. A wee bit o perspective is what is needed by some.

30 minutes ago, Beats said:

Hopefully when it's finished it will look the part.

Choking to get back to Tynecastle. Murrayfield is pish :(

Agreed!

1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Good post but to be fair only only person has moaned about it, every other poster has basically said what will be will be. 

There was one or two insinuating yesterday that they wouldn't have bought one buy picked and chose games 

23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Work continuing on the roof at the Roseburn end.

5kP16zj.jpg

CI5SK4J.jpg

Thanks for these FF it just shwos how quickly work can progress.

Hagar the Horrible
24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Work continuing on the roof at the Roseburn end.

5kP16zj.jpg

CI5SK4J.jpg

They got that up quick, I did not think they would complete that in time,?  the least and the staging will be complete by the end of next week at that rate? then is the gable end clading and all the inside gubbings?

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Interesting re the automated turnstiles. Is that just in the main stand or will all turnstiles be automated?

It doesn't look like anything has been changed at the Wheatfield turnstyles. 

But it is locked up. 

Hagar the Horrible
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It doesn't look like anything has been changed at the Wheatfield turnstyles. 

But it is locked up. 

I did see the Cyberdyne Systems guy fit some new hardware

54 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Only pure arseholes would call themselves phm

Haha wind yer neck in chief, you've had a go at someone who has and is continuing to do good for the club, at least get her name right.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The bit in bold makes you less of a Hearts supporter than quite a lot of other people!

He's not a Hearts supporter.

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Good visible signs of progress at the Roseburn end

08_original.jpg?v74861510158051

My photos from the same point ware taken at 2:11pm, so they have put in another vertical gable end support inside the next hour.

1 hour ago, Beats said:

Right Beats ya arsehole, you going on Tuesday and fancy meeting up beforehand?

For a bevvy. ?

Stu's birthday so we'll be starting early.

1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

mainstand.PNG

The lettering of "VOTE".... should be bigger I think