New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Big Slim Stylee
8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

They are truly awful. Riddled with racists and bigots. “Keep up the guid work m8. PC brigade can **** off” etc...

It's laughable shite. Awful that we have to share a planet never mind a football match with these under-specimens.

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Given he flies up from London for matches I think there is no doubt he’s a Hearts supporter. He’s just big on governance, honesty and openness. Useful to have peope like that imo. 

It's only an Internet forum.

If he was putting himself up for election to FOH  I would agree. As it is he just suck the life out of most Hearts related subjects on here.

Big Slim Stylee
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's only an Internet forum.

If he was putting himself up for election to FOH  I would agree. As it is he just suck the life out of most Hearts related subjects on here.

It's truly a death wish, isn't it? :)

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Given he flies up from London for matches I think there is no doubt he’s a Hearts supporter. He’s just big on governance, honesty and openness. Useful to have peope like that imo. 

.. Some of his posts, especially the early ones in 2013/14 on the subject of Alex Mackie and Ann Budge and the early FoH movement, were borderline slander and entirely unhelpful. Could easily have undermined the whole thing of people had taken warped opinion as fact.. They all still exist.. How Mackie was in it for personal glory and budge profiteering.. A quick search reveals all.. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

.. Some of his posts, especially the early ones in 2013/14 on the subject of Alex Mackie and Ann Budge and the early FoH movement, were borderline slander and entirely unhelpful. Could easily have undermined the whole thing of people had taken warped opinion as fact.. They all still exist.. How Mackie was in it for personal glory and budge profiteering.. A quick search reveals all.. 

Quite a few people had serious doubts at that time. Anyway, back to the new stand...

Hackney Hearts
24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Given he flies up from London for matches

As do I.  I don't doubt his heart is in the right place.

He’s just big on governance, honesty and openness. Useful to have peope like that imo. 

I agree, it is useful to have people like that. But his blanket approach means most can't take him seriously, or worse, get annoyed. He should try picking his targets more carefully and not just attack every comment that comes from the club, otherwise it looks like he has an agenda. 

4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

As do I.  I don't doubt his heart is in the right place.

I agree, it is useful to have people like that. But his blanket approach means most can't take him seriously, or worse, get annoyed. He should try picking his targets more carefully and not just attack every comment that comes from the club, otherwise it looks like he has an agenda. 

He doesnt do that, though, he also gives praise at times. The simple fact is that many ignore these posts and focus solely on his questioning ones because they do not wish to read anything other than the club being 100% honest, well run and that absolutely everything is perfect.

I think we, as a support, should be questioning the club. 

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Why don't you give us a quick summary of how you would have masterminded the building of our new stand or would you not have bothered?

Keep at the back of your mind that those within the club who have got us to the stage we are at have never had any experience of the likes of this project before.

Also keep in mind the benfit of hindsight.

One of my problems is my need out of a misplaced sense of politeness to answer questions put directly to me, however stupid. This seems a good time to desist from doing so..

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

He doesnt do that, though, he also gives praise at times. 

I did acknowledge that, a few posts ago. In relation to the new stand.

I think we, as a support, should be questioning the club. 

I also said this - I just think the effect of the questioning is seriously diluted if you fight the wrong battles half the time.

3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I did acknowledge that, a few posts ago. In relation to the new stand.

I also said this - I just think the effect of the questioning is seriously diluted if you fight the wrong battles half the time.

Good communication is quite hard 

But it does pay to make an effort

Edited by Mikey1874

This most be about the 20th time this thread has turned into conversation about a single individual. It’s sad as ****, can we talk about the stand please? 

The Future's Maroon

Just been told both the Killie and Patrick games will NOT be at Tynie? Blaming toilet facilities being the issue. Also that the Patrick game could be played the day after a night rugger fixture.

I am very sceptical about this info myself, anyone else heard this today (not related to the FB rumour), apparently this came from a source within the club.

Please note I am not passing this on as fact, so don't shoot the messenger!

1 hour ago, Brave Hearts said:

Yup, he certainly seems to have an agenda about the current owners of the club and about everything they do including how the club is being governed and how the club is progressing.

In the style of his rhetorical questions, does he have a problem with the club and our owners ??

I don't think there is an agenda at all. His posts do come across as negative, but that is only becuase the questions he is asking are ones everyone else is too scared to ask. People just cross their fingers and hope everything is going to be ok. With communication if there is a problem there's a good chance someone has a solution, so I think he is right asking the questions he does. I'm pretty certain every hearts fan on here wants the club run in the best way possible. FA is no different. 

28 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

I don't think there is an agenda at all. His posts do come across as negative, but that is only becuase the questions he is asking are ones everyone else is too scared to ask. People just cross their fingers and hope everything is going to be ok. With communication if there is a problem there's a good chance someone has a solution, so I think he is right asking the questions he does. I'm pretty certain every hearts fan on here wants the club run in the best way possible. FA is no different. 

There's a skill or rather a way of questioning things in a manner that isn't so negative. 

E.g I question Hearts communications which I say could be improved considerably. See Minnesota Sam Nicholson's team as an example of good comms.  But I just say it in a calm factual manner. I don't get into arguments with other posters and I am resolutely positive which is the best way to achieve stuff. 

Yesterday was funny. The day after the iconic badge went on it was happy hour for the moaners. 

Gavsy Van Gaverson
2 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Just been told both the Killie and Patrick games will NOT be at Tynie? Blaming toilet facilities being the issue. Also that the Patrick game could be played the day after a night rugger fixture.

I am very sceptical about this info myself, anyone else heard this today (not related to the FB rumour), apparently this came from a source within the club.

Told by who? Someone at the club or your mate in the boozer?

Toilets were the first things to get started were they not? obua's photos showed them well underway a while ago

That'd make Ross County the ones to open our new stand with if true

I'd be surprised if it were true though

I wouldn’t be surprised by that information mate.

21 minutes ago, Jeffosphere said:

Couple of photos from earlier IMG_20171021_142010.thumb.jpg.744c5edbe7e6baa7dfaf5b2070f449bf.jpgIMG_20171021_142126.thumb.jpg.59f5f137e3d3f489e9bd2e4ac52e4733.jpg

It will be fantastic when it’s finished!

exciting times!

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 14:08, EH11 2NL said:

wee photo for anyone that's upset about how it looks...

mainstand.PNG

I can't understand why Ann thought we needed a new stand, shop and offices. Surely a lick of paint was all that was needed? :)

It's a great reminder to see what it used to be like (and how it had been for as long as I can remember).  The transformation is incredible and something we should all feel pride in.

Hackney Hearts
19 minutes ago, obua said:

Do you know what's causing the delay in that department? Supply of hardware? Can't be manpower, surely?

31 minutes ago, obua said:

Serious question  - how long does it take to install toilet facilities in the stand. Temporary or otherwise???

jimmy the jambo

I was down having a look at the new stand around 1-30 today,I couldn't believe the amount of hearts fans kicking around,maybe after the Rangers mk2 game next week,everyone can head over to Tynecastle and we'll fit seats,sweep up & wash the windae's,we'll make sure the killie game is on.

Only need some buckets to piss in. Christ alive does no one remember the toilets from the old school end? I used to climb over the school wall then dreep into two inches of steaming man wee. Now we are talking about delaying the grand opening for the lack of porcelain.  I tell you it's all down to pandering to wumins needs at footie! It's all gone soft, bloody health and safety gone mad.

When you see the stand in real life: :wow::wow::wow:   

Everything looks in proportion and it most certainly looks impressive and much less office-blocky.  It will look absolutely stunning when illuminated.

I would hope there are no hand towels in any of the toilets but blower dryers and bog roll dispensers that dole out single sheets at a time.Will prevent any blocking of toilets and flooding in future.

Big Slim Stylee
5 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

I would hope there are no hand towels in any of the toilets but blower dryers and bog roll dispensers that dole out single sheets at a time.Will prevent any blocking of toilets and flooding in future.

Perhaps the most sensible suggestion you've ever made on here.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Took this on the way home. Actually stood their looking at the stadium for a good five minutes. So happy with how far the club has come.

20171021_180949.jpg

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It will be fantastic when it’s finished!

exciting times!

It's been said before and is becoming a cliche, but it really is much better seeing it for yourself than in photos. 

I passed it today and thought it looked fantastic

Not sure how this will be received but just passing in what I was told.

I took a wander past the stand today about 12 and I asked one of the boys outside if he thought it would be ready and he said “Honestly no, but it has to be. There’s no plan B, it has to be ready.” I asked about Murrayfield and he says we’ve supposedly been told we can’t use it. 

Also said it’s cost £16 million at this moment and due to all of the overtime etc. the company he works for is only breaking even. The health and safety certificate is what he thought would be the sticking point. 

13 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I took a wander past the stand today about 12 and I asked one of the boys outside if he thought it would be ready and he said “Honestly no, but it has to be. There’s no plan B, it has to be ready.” I asked about Murrayfield and he says we’ve supposedly been told we can’t use it. 

Also said it’s cost £16 million at this moment and due to all of the overtime etc. the company he works for is only breaking even. The health and safety certificate is what he thought would be the sticking point. 

Nonesense about Murrayfield.

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

When you see the stand in real life: :wow::wow::wow:   

Everything looks in proportion and it most certainly looks impressive and much less office-blocky.  It will look absolutely stunning when illuminated.

Got to agree, drove past from Russell Road  end of McLeod Street after today's game and the stand is massive. Badge looks superb and lettering sizing is fine when you are at the stand. From side on the look is great even in dull weather.  However, front on it's not great, it's not bad just a bit functional looking.

As others have said in person the stand is better than any pictures that have been uploaded.

We must be close to being able to meet 5 Nov. 

Because if we weren't it would already have been announced. 

We might still have to change it. But we're leaving it to the last minute. 

6 minutes ago, GJamboR7 said:

Nonesense about Murrayfield.

Again, just saying what he told me. Whether it’s fact or not I have no idea. For all I know he’s sick of being asked and likes to mess with people, but that’s what he said. 

Just now, Squirt said:

Again, just saying what he told me. Whether it’s fact or not I have no idea. For all I know he’s sick of being asked and likes to mess with people, but that’s what he said. 

Just tells us guys on site don't know 

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Got to agree, drove past from Russell Road  end of McLeod Street after today's game and the stand is massive. Badge looks superb and lettering sizing is fine when you are at the stand. From side on the look is great even in dull weather.  However, front on it's not great, it's not bad just a bit functional looking.

As others have said in person the stand is better than any pictures that have been uploaded.

Side on

3dDmNI7.jpg

Front on

zpxCsjB.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just tells us guys on site don't know 

Hope that’s the case.

in all my excitement to post what he told me I forgot to add that the stand is absolutely stunning and if you’ve not seen it in the flesh you might as well not have seen it. 

Makes it look like a proper, legitimate top flight football ground. 

Dont care if it’s another 6 months til we’re in it, we’ll all forget about a week later and it’ll be around long after we’re all gone. 

1 minute ago, Squirt said:

Hope that’s the case.

in all my excitement to post what he told me I forgot to add that the stand is absolutely stunning and if you’ve not seen it in the flesh you might as well not have seen it. 

Makes it look like a proper, legitimate top flight football ground. 

Dont care if it’s another 6 months til we’re in it, we’ll all forget about a week later and it’ll be around long after we’re all gone. 

Wait till you see the other side.

Scotland are at Murrayfield on 11/18/25 probably too quick a turnaround to play any games on the day after as you need to re line the pitch etc. And the New Zealand game is a 515 kick off

4 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Wait till you see the other side.

Tynie is going to be an absolute fortress! Can’t wait. Just hope we can get an atmosphere back and turn it into a hellish place for teams to come to. 

Yep I believe it, I mean of course random guys outside the ground know every little detail and divulge it to total strangers.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, jimmy the jambo said:

I was down having a look at the new stand around 1-30 today,I couldn't believe the amount of hearts fans kicking around,maybe after the Rangers mk2 game next week,everyone can head over to Tynecastle and we'll fit seats,sweep up & wash the windae's,we'll make sure the killie game is on.

I really like that when I'm back. You don't actually have to say anything - you just smile and nod. Because you're both Hearts fans. The guy could be a fecking serial killer for all you know, but it doesn't matter for that split second....

41 minutes ago, Squirt said:

In general mate..

People that hang about on the fringe of things,have no fecking clue whats going on above them.

Edited by Tott