New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

The stand is looking better and better all the time. Highlights of the last few days include the badge going up and the sight of the lower seating being so close to the pitch. 

I. Can’t. Wait. 

This would be exciting in any circumstances but given where we are and where we’ve recently been, it feels so special to see all of this happening. What a glorious statement of intent. 

1 minute ago, redm said:

The stand is looking better and better all the time. Highlights of the last few days include the badge going up and the sight of the lower seating being so close to the pitch. 

I. Can’t. Wait. 

This would be exciting in any circumstances but given where we are and where we’ve recently been, it feels so special to see all of this happening. What a glorious statement of intent. 

But don't you want to know who signed off the silicone gap being 4mm instead of the standard 3mm around the urinal in the gents toilet?

2 minutes ago, redm said:

I. Can’t. Wait. 

I think that's why the trolling is getting more and more desperate and hobo-like. They can see our plan is coming together and it hurts

23 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Its not a house its a stand and on that size of project there is always likely to be increase in cost and delay whether because of you, the contractor or unforseen circumstances.

Adding in a timescale that from the off was hugely challenging but something that the club went after and the comparison to building your house becomes a shite analogy.

More than acceptable is maybe the wrong words perhaps understandable and tolerable are more apt.

I’m going to be a be a builder in my

next life ...... over promise and under deliver!!

loads of money!!

21 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Wait till you buy a house of plan. 

I won’t - thanks for the insight!!

3 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

But don't you want to know who signed off the silicone gap being 4mm instead of the standard 3mm around the urinal in the gents toilet?

To be fair, we’ve probably still got these debates to come. Imagine how much work goes into snagging with a new build house then times it by about a zillion for all the wee things that could end up wrong or slightly wonky in a whole stand? That’s at least another 100 pages worth of posts right there :biggrin:

9 minutes ago, redm said:

I. Can’t. Wait. 

It’s not that close to the pitch,I don’t know where this come from.At the moment there is 2 large cherry pickers between the seats and the grass.

31 minutes ago, Macros said:

Totally agree. Come on this forum at times and wonder if I'm the only Hearts fan on at the time, or the only one who's not fully qualified in quantity surveying, building construction, graphic design, electrical engineering, architecture blah de blah. 

You forgot to mention project management and glass curtain wall design.

Thankfully, I've nearly completed a new shower enclosure in the house so feel extremely well qualified in all matters related to our new main stand (especially since it's over budget and behind schedule).

2 minutes ago, obua said:

It’s not that close to the pitch,I don’t know where this come from.At the moment there is 2 large cherry pickers between the seats and the grass.

Are you expecting the walkway around the pitch to be slightly wider on the new main stand side mate?

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

What is the plan to meet the funding shortfall? Have I missed something?

I think its time now for you to just disappear.  No one will comment. No one will miss you. Just, with dignity nearly intact do one.

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, obua said:

There's a new gripe for some then! Too far away from the action! It's like being back at Murrayfield and need binoculars! Or something along those lines!! 

5 minutes ago, obua said:

Won't be that much different to the other three stands when you throw in the leg room for the front row and the ad boards?

I'm with the sane, it'll be ready when it's ready, I'm sure the people involved are doing their utmost to hit the targets but its realistic to think that's not always possible. What I know is we have a cracking new stand to look forward to and if we need to generate some more income off the back off one or two games at Murrayfield while that happens then so be it. 

2 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Are you expecting the walkway around the pitch to be slightly wider on the new main stand side mate?

No it’s about the same as before it’s just some reports on here think it’s a lot less.

12 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

No it’s almost same as before.

17 minutes ago, obua said:

Looked really close in a couple of the photos. Maybe it’s just the effect of the size of the rest of the stand behind the front section that makes it seem like that.

I won’t be disappointed either way. 

32 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

I’d be more concerned if RedM was hanging around the gents toilets. 

8 minutes ago, redm said:

Looked really close in a couple of the photos. Maybe it’s just the effect of the size of the rest of the stand behind the front section that makes it seem like that.

I won’t be disappointed either way. 

It’s the same.

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

I think its time now for you to just disappear.  No one will comment. No one will miss you. Just, with dignity nearly intact do one.

Sorry to disappoint you. Except that I have every right to express my opinions I also find it entertaining when I am accused of being Greenginger (with whom I am a lot less familiar than those who make that claim) and more generally being "Hibs". Pathetic stuff really.

But I don't ask anyone to disappear in the incredibly patronising way you have just done.

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

giphy.gif

Careful!!!

I reckon you might get it wrong as to why I'm saying that!

1 hour ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Wait till you buy a house of plan. 

Spot on. 

I moved into a new build house last week. It was delayed by 3 months. But do you know what, it’s brilliant and we are delighted. Much like the stand will be. We’ve already got over the delay as it was well worth it. 

We’ll get there, and in 10 years time no one will remember the delays over the stand. 

3 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

Surely too narrow for two sumo wrestlers to walk side by side?

I think that’s one of the fan tunnels (vomitories?) rather than the players tunnel.

obua beat me to it :laugh:

Edited by Jamborello

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

What is the plan to meet the funding shortfall? Have I missed something?

Hopefully from FoH with any luck I and most fans don't give a flying feck about the shortfall. If it takes another five years to pay off Mrs B then so be it. And no you haven't missed anything your just a whingin baw bag so away and FA 

3 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Hopefully from FoH with any luck I and most fans don't give a flying feck about the shortfall. If it takes another five years to pay off Mrs B then so be it. And no you haven't missed anything your just a whingin baw bag so away and FA 

Agree ,FOH forever .

Johnny Sandiego
45 minutes ago, communist said:

I'm with the sane, it'll be ready when it's ready, I'm sure the people involved are doing their utmost to hit the targets but its realistic to think that's not always possible. What I know is we have a cracking new stand to look forward to and if we need to generate some more income off the back off one or two games at Murrayfield while that happens then so be it. 

Sums it up perfectly. The short term is what it is. Long term this is going to be massive for the club. A great new stand with facilities to generate much more income than we do currently. Lets stay sane gents

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

OK so I haven't missed anything.