New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Bazzas right boot

looks much better from an angle as opposed to straight on.

100 times better than the auld stand and better than most other

football stands.

It isn't a palace.... booo.

25 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Suck it up. We're gettin a new stand and in the grand scheme of things that's far more important than your petted lip ??

This.:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

football stands.

Aye, it's a CASTLE! 

Much better than a sissy palace. 

Comparing the old and the new Tynecastle will be like night and day. Absolutely brilliant. Welcome to the 21st century! The old stand, however much some of us loved it (or whatever), it was like a dark cloud holding the Club back – a constant niggle that we were living with the past around us. This new stand has the potential to herald a whole new mindset among everyone connected to the Club. Out with the old, in with the new. The potential is there for Hearts to grasp now, thanks to everyone involved in making this happen. To hear people gripe about cosmetic details, and minor inconveniences is fairly pathetic given the historical context. Small minds will soon be left behind. HHGH.

Jambof3tornado
26 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I really want the stand to be ready for the Kilmarnock game but if it's not then so be it, it's not the end of the world and it'll be worth waiting for!

Correct. It will be open when its open. We have a contingency plan.

1 minute ago, Erik said:

Interesting re the automated turnstiles. Is that just in the main stand or will all turnstiles be automated?

2 minutes ago, Erik said:

Sounds to me like she is planting the seed for the announcement next week that it wont be ready in time.

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Erik said:

And clarifies that it was the extreme weather that has hampered construction, rather than anything in the original programme - so, if it is delayed, HMFC & the builders have done all tey could to avoid it

22 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Looks to be a good size..........waits for the reply.

067195C9-E4F5-4761-AF1C-0BAD32EED7CA.jpeg

Ok, I thought the letters were a bit small - but see when you see it “in the whole” like that, it looks ****ing fantastic!

3 minutes ago, Erik said:

If  it's delayed another couple of weeks,so be it,better everything is up to H&S standards.

56 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Big C, the 2nd photo there is the best one I've seen on this thread so far.  Cracker mate.

Cheers! 

I'd say the one from the plane was better, but yeah, the "over the hedge when the sun is shining" angle always gets a beauty of a photo!

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Perfectly entitled to my opinion.

And just because I don't like the way it's been handled, doesn't make me any less of a hearts supporter than anyone else!

When I bought my season ticket, I knew I could make most games.  But since the changes have been made I might only make a handful of them.  And It's not the same watching the games at Murrayfield.  Again, had I known there would be a number of games played there, I could have just got the ticket when I knew I could make it, rather than buying a season ticket.

The bit in bold makes you less of a Hearts supporter than quite a lot of other people!

yabadabadoo1874again
1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

has to be done- going forward.

Definately elevates the building to look different and not council office blockish. ? Like the 50s style in particular!!! ?

13 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Ok, I thought the letters were a bit small - but see when you see it “in the whole” like that, it looks ****ing fantastic!

Aye someone needs to sweep up that dirt though. Messy b****ding workers. Nae wonder its no gonnae be ready. Most of them are correcting us 90% of the time or too busy taking photos! ? 

I kid of course. Totally agree and cannot wait til i get back home in April and get back to Tynie!

alwaysthereinspirit
4 minutes ago, BigC said:

Cheers! 

I'd say the one from the plane was better, but yeah, the "over the hedge when the sun is shining" angle always gets a beauty of a photo!

Continuing with the negatives lately on this thread.  That is an absolutely brilliant view. Great photo. The hedge unfortunately needs trimmed.

yabadabadoo1874again
Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

The bit in bold makes you less of a Hearts supporter than quite a lot of other people!

Oh dear...

King Of The Cat Cafe

Why are Scotsman saying:  "postponing their return to Tynecastle until 18 November, when Partick Thistle would be the guests."

Surely the Patrick game is on September 19?

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Why are Scotsman saying:  "postponing their return to Tynecastle until 18 November, when Partick Thistle would be the guests."

Surely the Partick game is on November 19 :whistling:

Edited by Footballfirst

22 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Sounds to me like she is planting the seed for the announcement next week that it wont be ready in time.

This

13 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Surely it isn't????

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Interesting re the automated turnstiles. Is that just in the main stand or will all turnstiles be automated?

Havent a clue. The fact she's refers to the scenario of 20000 folk not able to get in sorta points towards all the turnstiles I guess - but perhaps that's not to be taken quite as literally as that.

Just now, Erik said:

Havent a clue. The fact she's refers to the scenario of 20000 folk not able to get in sorta points towards all the turnstiles I guess - but perhaps that's not to be taken quite as literally as that.

Someone needs to urgently dash to Tynie and check if the other stands have new turnstiles or not!

Allowayjambo1874

I apologise if this has been asked before but from an h&s perspective do we need food and drink kiosks to be fully functional? We will obviously need toilets but is that all that is required in the way of facilities? 

46 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Sounds to me like she's telling it like it is, it'll be close and a decision will be made next week. Having said that I guess that if there's any doubt it'll have to go to Murrayfield.

Looks like the roof and the Roseburn end are the crux of it, so as long as we no longer need access via that route for big machinery (and BigC’s pictures look to confirm that) then the priority is to put the end on and upper composite to allow roofers to do the last section then clad it.

i can see why she would say next week to make the call as that gives them 5 days weather permitting.

Tough ask though. How long did the Gorgie end take ?.

Edited by Jamboelite

Despite being a little on the small side for my liking, the lettering looks very good turning the corner coming from the Dalry side. The badge is amazing.

portobellojambo1
18 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

I apologise if this has been asked before but from an h&s perspective do we need food and drink kiosks to be fully functional? We will obviously need toilets but is that all that is required in the way of facilities? 

I don't think that having catering facilities which are fully functional comes under health and safety. I think it is more along the lines of clear and safe access/exit for fans, toilet facilities and possibly the only other thing may be a fully functional lift, if disabled fans are to be given access for this game (I wouldn't be surprised if HMFC possibly accommodate disabled fans in the existing stands at Tynecastle for this game only, but we will soon find out I'd imagine).

Allowayjambo1874
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't think that having catering facilities which are fully functional comes under health and safety. I think it is more along the lines of clear and safe access/exit for fans, toilet facilities and possibly the only other thing may be a fully functional lift, if disabled fans are to be given access for this game (I wouldn't be surprised if HMFC possibly accommodate disabled fans in the existing stands at Tynecastle for this game only, but we will soon find out I'd imagine).

Thanks 

See the folk moaning that they wouldn't have bought a season ticket because 3 (and possibly a 4th) games out of 18 aren't at Tynecastle and it's slightly delayed. Hows this for food for thought?

Without our season ticket money and our Foundation of Hearts contributions, there would be no ****ing new stand and no ****ing club to support and in the grand scheme of things 4 games at Murrayfield is better than having no home or no club. 

This time next year, five years, ten years nobody will care when we first got our bums on the seat, we will just be glad to have an incredible bearpit of a stadium and a club producing fantastic young talent 

6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

See the folk moaning that they wouldn't have bought a season ticket because 3 (and possibly a 4th) games out of 18 aren't at Tynecastle and it's slightly delayed. Hows this for food for thought?

Without our season ticket money and our Foundation of Hearts contributions, there would be no f###ing new stand and no f###ing club to support and in the grand scheme of things 4 games at Murrayfield is better than having no home or no club. 

This time next year, five years, ten years nobody will care when we first got our bums on the seat, we will just be glad to have an incredible bearpit of a stadium and a club producing fantastic young talent 

"A bear pit"

IMG_1118.GIF

Sounds to me like Mrs Budge is, understandably hedging her bets. If the weather is gash which, lets be honest it probably will be they need a contingency. I'm not gonna lose my **** about it. D'ya think in 5 years time anyone will remember it was two weeks later than we were told it was going to be following the seats delay?

If we have another game at Murrayfield so be it.

Two Hobos were talking about it last night at my work. Reckon it looks like an old prison. Bitter wee fuds would know what a prison looks like

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

football stands.

Yep, it's all in the curve. 

4 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Just to put this into the context of a few recent civil engineering projects in Scotland, the Parliament was delivered late at 10x the original budget, the Queensferry Crossing was 9 months late and it's still not running properly, the Edinburgh Trams opened several years late at twice the budget and half the size.

So to be delayed by a couple of months with a circa 15% overspend is pretty good going. Indeed the fact it's been built at all by a historically skint club is nothing short of a miracle!

At last a bit of decent perspective. Well said.

3 minutes ago, Beats said:

Stand looks very good on the inside but the outside!! They grey panels cheapen the whole thing. 

Hopefully they can be changed.

I imagine they’ll do that when they’re filling in the corners.

Not having the seats caused a 2 month delay in opening the new stand!

Hearts therefor focused on other areas of the project that'd been further down the list of things to be completed,but not necessarily essential to allow the opening of the stand.

We now have the seats and looking at it,they will be in by the middle of next week.Have we tried to do too much and taken our eye off the ball here?Should have been all about ensuring the basics were all done on time surely.

I'll be really disappointed if we've to have another match at Murrayfield,the stand is looking awesome and I can't wait to take my seat.Fingers crossed.

8 minutes ago, Beats said:

Stand looks very good on the inside but the outside!! They grey panels cheapen the whole thing. 

Thing with the grey 'neutral' panels is they look great when the sky isn't uh grey...

Not a great design for a country that doesn't get a lot of blue skies!

Allowayjambo1874
24 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Without our season ticket money and our Foundation of Hearts contributions, there would be no f###ing new stand and no f###ing club to support and in the grand scheme of things 4 games at Murrayfield is better than having no home or no club. 

Good post but to be fair only only person has moaned about it, every other poster has basically said what will be will be. 

16 minutes ago, Beats said:

They cant or shall i say wont so we need to deal with it.

Edited by Jamboelite

stuartmitchell

Those recent pics are superb! Can't help but think we need some maroon on the front to break up those grey tiles under the badge and on the 1st floor. Nit picking though - it's incredible in the flesh :)

14 minutes ago, stevie said:

Hearts therefor focused on other areas of the project that'd been further down the list of things to be completed,but not necessarily essential to allow the opening of the stand.

We now have the seats and looking at it,they will be in by the middle of next week.Have we tried to do too much and taken our eye off the ball here?Should have been all about ensuring the basics were all done on time surely.

I'll be really disappointed if we've to have another match at Murrayfield,the stand is looking awesome and I can't wait to take my seat.Fingers crossed.

Maybe could have looked at hiring more people to help?  Doing extra shifts etc too to get it ready in time 

Just now, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Maybe could have looked at hiring more people to help?  Doing extra shifts etc too to get it ready in time 

You offering like? Maybe got enough Hibees on site as it is though

7 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

They cant or shall i say wont so we need to deal with it.

Won't being the correct word.

Such a shame, it could look outstanding as well.

22 minutes ago, stevie said:

No we don't, not all of them.