New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I can barely wait to set foot inside. Some tremendous pictures coming in #awesomearena

The vehicle ramp by the side of N is staying but looks to be narrower (width just needs to be enough for an ambulance).

Can see how many seats are taken up by it:

12313.png

Theres a picture/drawing posted on this thread that shows the main stand. The far left has a tunnel with a picture of a wee ambulance or something parked inside it. Perhaps the person who has this drawing can re-post so we can see it.

Seymour M Hersh

I can barely wait to set foot inside. Some tremendous pictures coming in #awesomearena

Only 71 sleeps to go!! 

Splendid photos. Let's keep the chat down guys life is busy :sailor:

Its a forum to DISCUSS the building of our new main stand.

Sorry you're too busy to engage but let others enjoy it as long as its on topic eh?

Footballfirst

From Hearts' twitter (oooofftt!!!)

DDkVLSCXcAAWVkF.jpg

The photo shows how clear the glass is, where it has been installed to the right half of the stand.

Edited by Footballfirst

From Hearts' twitter (oooofftt!!!)

DDkVLSCXcAAWVkF.jpg

The Twitter mentions that the final part of the stand is the area above the mosaic.

They must be just carefully removing it and keeping the tiles as they are in situ whilst buildings around it.

Dave McCreery's knee

That photo is amazing, got a little tingle down my spine. Tyncecastle is going to be a cauldron.

Do we think that photo is from section Q?

stirlingshirejambo

Cant believe Bobby Prentice is at the front. Obviously not a Monday morning.

they were clearly lapping him!!

Footballfirst

Do we think that photo is from section Q?

I think it will be taken from around the stairway between P & Q, going by the stand opposite which approximates to the stairway between E & F

Edited by Footballfirst

Is the part of the old stand still remaining containing the location of the mosaic?

Are they taking that part down with extra care?

The Twitter mentions that the final part of the stand is the area above the mosaic.
They must be just carefully removing it and keeping the tiles as they are in situ whilst buildings around it.

Hearts answering my question via twitter. :2thumbsup:

Good to know they check JKB.

Hagar the Horrible

I estimate that the mosiac witth be be in the media centre but could be on the away changing room.

I just cant wait.  Every new picture shows progress

Montgomery Brewster

Should the Pie Man , Not fit for purpose, cut the ribbon at the grand opening!

Mr Pie was/is a slavering Tolley

It's protected against pickpockets as well. [emoji1]

f7eb8e61f8da2aa39ae4c92fb982a17d.jpg

How long will it take them to get the mosaic out? Or is it staying where it is in the new stand?

It's protected against pickpockets as well. [emoji1]

f7eb8e61f8da2aa39ae4c92fb982a17d.jpg

Top right of this picture is showing two girders, the old and the new side by side. The old will come down, but the new is already solid in it's foundation waiting proudly to take it's place. Double the thickness, double the strength...all positive...Strength to everyone who believe in this football club called Hearts!

The vehicle ramp by the side of N is staying but looks to be narrower (width just needs to be enough for an ambulance).

Can see how many seats are taken up by it:

12313.png

Looks like 88 seats to me. 11 seats in each of the first 8 rows

August Landmesser

How long will it take them to get the mosaic out? Or is it staying where it is in the new stand?

I've read somewhere (on here I think), that it was going to be too fragile and expensive to lift and move, so it's being left in situ and protected during the building works. I'm not sure which part of the new stand will be built around it - haven't got the plans to hand to try and work out its location - I would guess it would be somewhere fairly publicly accessible though as it's a cracking* bit of club history

*not literally, I hope.

jambo-in-furness

All this work done and nae planning permission....

Yep, we owe Edinburgh councilmen a couple o nippy sweeties.

Superb Picture.

:lol:

I do hope when our main stand is all done and dusted glammed up to the max outside of the stadium too is that cars can't park outside of the ground like in this photo some of those cars aren't privileged to be in the same vicinity of our glorious stand.

Eyesores.

The will be no parking in front of the new stand. The plaza will be surrounded by bollards

The will be no parking in front of the new stand. The plaza will be surrounded by bollards

Is that to stop any Hobo fundamentalist's driving their cars into our splendid new stand?

Is that to stop any Hobo fundamentalist's driving their cars into our splendid new stand?

Yup, bollards to the lot of them !

The Future's Maroon

All this work done and nae planning permission....

shhhhhh, my job could be fecked ;-)

Gorgie_Rules

Any idea if the mosaic will remain at the main entrance to the stand?

Also if there is plans to 'fill' the tunnel in the Wheatfield once the new stand is open to regain the seats?

Any idea if the mosaic will remain at the main entrance to the stand?

Also if there is plans to 'fill' the tunnel in the Wheatfield once the new stand is open to regain the seats?

no and yes in that order

Psychedelicropcircle

Drove past t'other day ''twas strange looking straight through to the wheatfield.

I've read somewhere (on here I think), that it was going to be too fragile and expensive to lift and move, so it's being left in situ and protected during the building works. I'm not sure which part of the new stand will be built around it - haven't got the plans to hand to try and work out its location - I would guess it would be somewhere fairly publicly accessible though as it's a cracking* bit of club history

*not literally, I hope.

I understand that it will stay, but will have a clear protective flooring above it so you can walk over it/see it without walking on it.

Motability Scooters more like.

See if that mosaic wasn't so old, and historic...and see if it was down to simple aesthetics?

Nut, I better just keep my mooth shut!

Unknown user

I, along with all the other Wheatfield arseholes, now officially sit in the old stand.

Great pics.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mental!

Fxxx the SPFL

I, along with all the other Wheatfield arseholes, now officially sit in the old stand.

Great pics.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

boooooooooooooooooooo you have taken over our mantle look after your old stand.

A_A wehatethehibs

Do we have a confirmed capacity yet?

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Stephen Muddie

Its a forum to DISCUSS the building of our new main stand.

Sorry you're too busy to engage but let others enjoy it as long as its on topic eh?

Okay. I'll get up early in the morning like today to cover the two pages of chat I've missed. I'm adding to the fluff so may I use this opportunity to ask stupid questions.

Why didn't we use maroon opaque glass instead of grey to hide the concrete floor edges?

What will our new capacity be?

Why didn't we fill in the corners, at least two of them. Idve increased my subs for that

Rudolf's Mate

The photo shows how clear the glass is, where it has been installed to the right half of the stand.

I didn't even think of that! I struggle to notice a difference between left and right.

Jamboelite

Okay. I'll get up early in the morning like today to cover the two pages of chat I've missed. I'm adding to the fluff so may I use this opportunity to ask stupid questions.

Why didn't we use maroon opaque glass instead of grey to hide the concrete floor edges?

What will our new capacity be?

Why didn't we fill in the corners, at least two of them. Idve increased my subs for that

We are at the ends.

Dont be ****ing daft.

Stephen Muddie

We are at the ends.

Dont be ******* daft.

Why only at the ends?

Can we get an extra seat squeezed in somewhere in the ground? Looks much better than being one short IMO

I'm not being daft its a missed opportunity IMO

Rudolf's Mate

Why only at the ends?

Can we get an extra seat squeezed in somewhere in the ground? Looks much better than being one short IMO

The corners have been discussed to death on here. As far as I can remember it's likely it could be done however the cost involved would be huge. Something to do with the structure not allowing. I could be wrong though.

Jamboelite

Why only at the ends?

Its not a missed opportunity its an architectural impossibity as the floodlights hold the stands up. We could knock all the stands down and start again but for the sake of a few hundred seats the ???? it would cost dont equate.

The maroon design was felt to be a nice contrast in small amounts rather than all over the front its down to individual taste i guess but i prefer it as is.

Edited by Jamboelite

Even the views from the new concourse looking out will be grand.

bdfce865bc6f228825809fd15a507870.png

I think someone was looking for this in a previous post...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of that big gap in the bottom corner; can we not have it seated with a hydraulic lift like the section behind the goals?