New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

F5024227-CE25-4A86-85DC-16A8B7CB76FE_zps

Unbelievable. I've posted quite a few photos on here and anybody is welcome to do what ever they want with them.

Found it a bit of a surprise that he has an issue with posting here we are afterall Hearts fans....well apart from the trolls and hibs *****.

To be fair to him even if he is a precious soul surely the admin team should remove the content if requested. Especially if they have went to the trouble of posting the disclaimer.

Found it a bit of a surprise that he has an issue with posting here we are afterall Hearts fans....well apart from the trolls and hibs *****.

Nothing should surprise you on here now jamboelite something's are so cringeworthy you just have to shake your head in disbelief

Honestly, it would be great if the building looks amazing, would be great to have a stadium that looks great in the walk up, but....

In all honesty who will care as long as it looks great inside and it still has that bear pit feel.i can tell you that I won't be worrying about a glass facade if I am in my seat and Tynecastle Park is rocking

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Given the club will probably consult with fans about renaming the stadium back to Tynecastle Park (I'd be very surprised if they didn't), I think we can safely say that the latest image on the crumpled paper is not a final, accurate, approved design or representation of the design.

Hungry hippo

Given the club will probably consult with fans about renaming the stadium back to Tynecastle Park (I'd be very surprised if they didn't), I think we can safely say that the latest image on the crumpled paper is not a final, accurate, approved design or representation of the design.

I don't see any need for a consultation re Tynecastle Park. Everyone knows it's what the vast majority of fans would like.

I don't see any need for a consultation re Tynecastle Park. Everyone knows it's what the vast majority of fans would like.

Yeah

Hearts fc at Tynecastle Park

jamboinglasgow

Sorry but I must go against the grain here. he took the photos so it's up to him how and where he wants it shown. So many photographers have their work copied without permission and creates problems for the photographer.

He asked the admin staff and the photos were not taken Down. Now a Facebook page that had a huge number of photos is gone. Even if you think he is over reacting that is a big loss for updates here.

Coburg Hearts

Sorry but I must go against the grain here. he took the photos so it's up to him how and where he wants it shown. So many photographers have their work copied without permission and creates problems for the photographer.

He asked the admin staff and the photos were not taken Down. Now a Facebook page that had a huge number of photos is gone. Even if you think he is over reacting that is a big loss for updates here.

"This group has been archived

An admin archived this group on 16 March 2017. You can't create posts, like, comment or add more members, but you can still view all posts. Learn More
Quote above from said group, though I can no longer see the photos on the group page.

"

This group has been archived

An admin archived this group on 16 March 2017. You can't create posts, like, comment or add more members, but you can still view all posts. Learn More"

Quote above from said group, though I can no longer see the photos on the group page.

That is truly pathetic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was taking average photos of a ****ing building site. I doubt the commissions are flooding in.

Didnt he actually advertise his facebook page on this thread in the first place?

He was taking average photos of a ******* building site. I doubt the commissions are flooding in.

LOL.

Didnt he actually advertise his facebook page on this thread in the first place?

How big a photographer is this dude ?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If you put photos on Facebook and they're not private at the time then you have no control over who uses them.

Imagine complaining about that. How bad must your life be. :wow:

If you put photos on Facebook and they're not private at the time then you have no control over who uses them.

Imagine complaining about that. How bad must your life be. :wow:

What an embarrassment for the lad :lol:

He was taking average photos of a ******* building site. I doubt the commissions are flooding in.

It's absolutely laughable and pathetic. As if there's some guy in Gorgie making a fortune selling photos of pipe, grit and wheelbarrows. Embarrassing.

Edited by peter_hmfc

Pretty sure he did yup.

Happy to use JKB to lap all 'aw da likes'....... not so happy to share it seems.

What an absolute embarrassment. We're not talking professional photography here which he's spent hours upon hours editing and is now losing business on the back of this 'theft' (LOL).

If he's that precious over his photo's, a simple watermark would be a good way of ensuring he still gets the credit for them without having to chuck the toys out the pram.

Genuine beemer for the guy, what an absolute loser.

Clark Griswold

He will be charging folk a fiver next to be accepted into the Facebook group... ring any bells anyone?

Embarrassing.

So is that the Facebook rules?

All pics are freely available with no copyright?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

So is that the Facebook rules?

All pics are freely available with no copyright?

You basically allow Facebook to use your pictures however they see fit.

It's the same if you install Facebook messenger on your phone or tablet, all photos on the device Facebook can use however they see fit.

It's the same if you install Facebook messenger on your phone or tablet, all photos on the device Facebook can use however they see fit.

I don't think the 2nd part of that is true. Surely?

The first part certainly is. Uploading to Facebook gives them the right to use the image however they like. Having the image open to anybody else (ie not completely private for your eyes only) I believe also gives anyone else who can see it the right to use it as they see fit.

I did start putting my photos on here but unfortunately some little ball bag copied them to a shite Twitter account I didn't want them on without permission and has refused to remove them so now I stick to my Facebook group.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

:sob:

Uploading to Facebook gives them the right to use the image however they like. Having the image open to anybody else (ie not completely private for your eyes only) I believe also gives anyone else who can see it the right to use it as they see fit.

Cheers

So that really blows out of the water the guy's complaint

Maybe why pics are still up on here too

Oh well

Edited by Mikey1874

Taken from the facebook page of Tynecastle Main Stand Redevelopment.

"The McCrae's plaque is gone (for now) but the space is still being used to celebrate the club's history".

16681594_1458323390879459_12124117439792

:2thumbsup:

:naughty:

I think in general some people don't get the modern age.

It really is an age of freedom of information and good for that.

Btw the adding a watermark to pics is a really good practice even if they go on Facebook etc. Even I knew that.

Edited by Mikey1874

That last part is wrong, by installing messenger it does not access all your photos on your phone or give FB the right to use them, only ones you upload. Edited by Jamboelite

Surely Heart of Midlothian FC at Tynecastle Park?

Indeed

Good on you for noticing

(Though I like Hearts fc and I think Ann Budge does too)

But yes

Edited by Mikey1874

Perhaps the conditions for joining the group in question asked members not to share (which wouldn't be the fault of JKB).

I wasn't a member as I can see the progress each time I go to a match!

Edited by Dboy

John Gentleman

Pretty sure he did yup.

Happy to use JKB to lap all 'aw da likes'....... not so happy to share it seems.

What an absolute embarrassment. We're not talking professional photography here which he's spent hours upon hours editing and is now losing business on the back of this 'theft' (LOL).

If he's that precious over his photo's, a simple watermark would be a good way of ensuring he still gets the credit for them without having to chuck the toys out the pram.

Genuine beemer for the guy, what an absolute loser.

Aye, perhaps so, but if he'd done that there would have been a tsunami of people abusing him for "spoilin' the photies". Such is the level of plagiarism on social media that anyone posting original material must do so on the assumption that it's going to be nicked. Now I find that sad, because in the end the real losers are the rest of us, the audience.

I'm not getting this seethe against the guy that others are expressing. I mean, who else has been going out nearly every day in the middle of winter (presumably at his own expense) to photograph the works and then share the results? It matters not a jot if the photos are of demolition sites or green, grassy hills ? it still takes a bit of effort and incurs costs.

I think, at worst, he's been a bit naive. Once someone posts a photo on Facebook, a licence has been granted to them (Facebook) to re-use that material. Many people (wrongly) interpret this as an open licence to re-distribute it without attribution (as opposed to hitting the 'Share' button). Even though the copyright remains with the photographer, it would be impossibly expensive to enforce. 

He's got some sympathy from me.

Thomaso now knows what I feel like being a voice of sanity on a thread and getting attacked for it

;)

Edited by Jammy T

I think it all boils down to why this person was taking photos in the first place.

I've taken and shared photos here because I want to help create discussion, to document the new stand and to let as many folk see the progress. If my photos get reposted elsewhere, great, it means they are more likely to stand the test of time and be around for future Jambos to look back on his piece of Hearts history.

The person behind the Facebook group made it closed and didn't allow photos to be reposted.

possibly the guy was skiving work allegedly off on the sick and was out taking pictures and is now worried he will get found out hence the reason to have them removed pronto.

Well then that would just be incredibly silly.

gorgie rd eh11

Indeed

Good on you for noticing

(Though I like Hearts fc and I think Ann Budge does too)

But yes

Does she? Where do you get that information from?

Does she? Where do you get that information from?

Because since she took over she has used 'Hearts fc' a lot

And been picked up on it on here

F5024227-CE25-4A86-85DC-16A8B7CB76FE_zps

The construction of the New Main Stand is of interest to the community of Hearts supporters but to assume any form of ownership of the Club's work is a cringeworthy attempt at self-promotion. 

I was always intrigued to know if he sought permission from HMFC to take and share these images in the possessive way he did. 

To cite rules relating to intellectual property is laughable.

Edited by Hearts_fan