New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

maroonlegions

Where did you post prior to a month ago buddy!!!!

Our new stand will be a token of class compared to their lego blocks that befit a hospital. FTH.

Dallas Green

Even if the design has changed I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll look like. Its a massive step forward for the club, I don't think everyone can be pleased but I do think as Hearts fans we can be happy at how far we have come in a few years and look forward to having a great new main stand.

I don't agree with his views on CL but what he posts in this thread has been probably the most in depth from any poster as he's actually involved in the process.

Oh, and of course. FTH and their lego brick stadium.

Lucille's Thirsty

To some the new facade in one way it's going to look better than what we've had so whatever it's going to be will look 10 times better and put Hearts on another level.

Can't wait till it's all done and dusted then we can moan about filling it etc.

davemclaren

Just made the glass darker (as it'll look like that in reality).

It's just the same as the illustrations we saw in the planning application only the glass isn't trailing off the edge (due to H&S issues and cost according to Thomaso).

980bd7b8d5.png

Looks good.

kingantti1874

So to summarise the last few pages..

It's still curved

It won't overhang the edges other than that no material change

It's will still look cracking

It's still on track a short per schedule..

J.T.F.Robertson

Looks good.

Bit, bit, it's no gaunnie look anyhing like that coz "Queen Ann's cuttin coarnurs". 

Jesus H, give me strength!

The positives outweigh the negatives. People need to stop looking for any reason to just complain. The club are doing the best they can with what's viable & affordable. The only thing I've been disappointed in is the capacity of the new stand as I thought it would hold more. I hope the club can continue to grow and improve in every department & also hope there's room for expansion if ever required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davemclaren

The positives outweigh the negatives. People need to stop looking for any reason to just complain. The club are doing the best they can with what's viable & affordable. The only thing I've been disappointed in is the capacity of the new stand as I thought it would hold more. I hope the club can continue to grow and improve in every department & also hope there's room for expansion if ever required.

Agreed re the positives far outweighing the negatives. I reckon this will be the maximum capacity, at least in my lifetime. I'm happy enough with that.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

There are no ****ing negatives! Look at the pile of shite that's about to get demolished.

Agreed re the positives far outweighing the negatives. I reckon this will be the maximum capacity, at least in my lifetime. I'm happy enough with that.

I'd agree with this.

20k is more than enough for us.

How much additional revenue will we be making with the extra capacity and better hospitality opportunities?

I'd agree with this.

How much additional revenue will we be making with the extra capacity and better hospitality opportunities?

I imagine a lot, especially if it's used on non match days for events.

As a one off, would be exciting to try the roof top restaurant fine dining hospitality package though probably need to start saving now.

I'm not 100% convinced the positives do outweigh the negatives to be honest. I understand all the arguments but I think there's several things about the current design which limit us/will in the future.

That's my opinion. I'm sorry if others get upset by my view, is not a personal attack on anyone. 

I'd agree with this.

If corporate is used correctly then several million incl ST sales i would guess.

I'm not 100% convinced the positives do outweigh the negatives to be honest. I understand all the arguments but I think there's several things about the current design which limit us/will in the future.

That's my opinion. I'm sorry if others get upset by my view, is not a personal attack on anyone.

The positives of a ?12m stand outweighed by the negatives such as ??

Tell us what did you want ?? And not pie in the sky lets spend ?30m what did you actually realistically want for the money we have against the restrictions of the area ?

Im all ears.

Edited by Jamboelite

I'm very grateful to Thomaso for all his posts on this thread. Unfortunately some folk (trolls or other) have now meant that he will no longer provide info (if I was him I wouldn't either). Some of the nonsense spouted in his direction is embarrassing and now thanks to those the rest of us will not benefit from info from someone who gave us informative details out of his own time.

This thread has turned on its head by the few.

It's going to look great FFS.

It's not going to look like the Emirates and it's not going to look like the Nou Camp

We are boxed in and there's not much future development we can do. Maybe in a decade or so, the distillery will move and the club can attempt to acquire the land then do a rebuild further over.

Budge was originally set on moving from Tynecastle, but she began to realise the community attachment.

We're staying in Gorgie and will have a very modern new stand, plus renovations on the other three stands. All within a few years of administration. If you don't think that is a huge positive, then you maybe aren't really a Hearts fan after all.

I'll be staying in the Wheatfield so won't see it even if it looks gash so couldn't really give a monkeys. Unless the club shop is in there and then I'll have to see it and, if it's gash I'll throw a hissy fit. Possibly even hire a hot air balloon.

You can use the heat off the heaps of shite being spouted on here to blow it up....;)

Gigolo-Aunt

Think it looks really impressive myself.

Cant wait till the start of the new season and the build up with new photos going up everyday.  There is a good facebook page that you can see updates all the time with fresh photos.

Edited by Gigolo-Aunt

Think it looks really impressive myself.

Cant wait till the start of the new season and the build up with new photos going up everyday. There is a good facebook page that you can see updates all the time with fresh photos.

Agreed.

Also the Facebook page is great with no negativity

I'd agree with this.

1 million a year extra from 3000 ticket sales if we sell out every game. It's impposible to say how much we will make from hospitality and corporate. Though from looking at Aberdeen's figures, it could be up to 3 million. Commerical income through sponsorship should also rise due to the new stand.

What did you want ?? And not pie in the sky lets spend ?30m what did you actually realistically want ?

The primary thing I wanted was a project which looked towards the future. By that, I mean building something which could be incorporated into further stadium expansion and not based on designs from the 1990s.  

I agree that at the moment, 20,000 is probably enough for us. But at the same time, I'd like to think in a few years we'd be able to attract more fans (especially if Edinburgh population estimates are to believed). 

The current project 'completes' Tynecastle as Ann has said. There's no vision for future expansion and the current design essentially hems us in on the current playing surface. 

For example, I know the whole 'fill in the corners debate' has been done to death, but if we had went for the cantilever option, it would mean that if the option to redevelop the Roseburn came along in a few years time, then we'd be able to remove the floodlight pylon between the Main & Roseburn and fill the corner in without huge expense. 

CW_24gRWAAAGPKQ.jpg

Watt-Zeefuik

To my eye one of the problems with the new rendering is that the horizontal white stripes look like 1960s architecture when sheet metal would be inserted in a grid metal framing system.  If it's just a whiter glass, I imagine it will look considerably better in person than it does in the rendering.

I am not a fan of curtain walls in general so while I'm not in love with the newer design I also wasn't in love with the older one either. They certainly let in a lot of natural light, which I suppose is nice, but they still feel cold and impersonal to me.

I'm very grateful to Thomaso for all his posts on this thread. Unfortunately some folk (trolls or other) have now meant that he will no longer provide info (if I was him I wouldn't either). Some of the nonsense spouted in his direction is embarrassing and now thanks to those the rest of us will not benefit from info from someone who gave us informative details out of his own time.

This thread has turned on its head by the few.

It's going to look great FFS.

It's not going to look like the Emirates and it's not going to look like the Nou Camp

I agree. this used to be a thread that i looked forward to every day during the demolition and the truss going up there seemed to be new photos everday .now we are at the tedious bit where not a lot happens .so the thread has degenerated to petty bickering over the design the sooner the steelwork starts to go up and we get back to the good side of this thread the better.

The new design isn't as nice as the original images we seen however it's also not as bad as this thread is making it out to be. It looks fine and in real life will be impressive.

The primary thing I wanted was a project which looked towards the future. By that, I mean building something which could be incorporated into further stadium expansion and not based on designs from the 1990s.  

I agree that at the moment, 20,000 is probably enough for us. But at the same time, I'd like to think in a few years we'd be able to attract more fans (especially if Edinburgh population estimates are to believed). 

The current project 'completes' Tynecastle as Ann has said. There's no vision for future expansion and the current design essentially hems us in on the current playing surface. 

For example, I know the whole 'fill in the corners debate' has been done to death, but if we had went for the cantilever option, it would mean that if the option to redevelop the Roseburn came along in a few years time, then we'd be able to remove the floodlight pylon between the Main & Roseburn and fill the corner in without huge expense. 

CW_24gRWAAAGPKQ.jpg

If it turns out that a 20,000 seater stadium is not enough for us that'll mean we're challenging regularly at the top of the SPFL and doing well in Europe. So in that scenario, taking into account the massively increased income that would entail, we'll have plenty funds to change things and add to the stadium. Spending that extra money now would have been irresponsible and go against the "living within our means" ethos of the club going forwards. We're building something that is better than what we have, that will generate more income, that suits our purposes and that we can afford. Job done.

Edited by socrates82

CW_24gRWAAAGPKQ.jpg

Thing is though Toggie i get what you are saying but what is the cost involved in that?, what are the structural implications of this design against current architecture?, what are the planning permissions that would go with that and would they realistically get passed?

You seem to be negative on most things because it doesnt fit with your expectations of what you wanted but there are clearly reasons why we couldnt or havent done these things.

Im suggestion your expectations were too high or not steeped in some reality of the restrictions we are under on this site or cost.

Edited by Jamboelite

If it turns out that a 20,000 seater stadium is not enough for us that'll mean we're challenging regularly at the top of the SPFL and doing well in Europe. So in that scenario, taking into account the massively increased income that would entail, we'll have plenty funds to change things and add to the stadium. Spending that extra money now would have been irresponsible and go against the "living within our means" ethos of the club going forwards.

I don't know if the cantilever design would have cost us more money though. The mock-up I posted was one of the options obviously being considered by the club. 

If we were to redevelop the Roseburn further down the line, then doing it now would actually save us money in the future. 

To my eye one of the problems with the new rendering is that the horizontal white stripes look like 1960s architecture when sheet metal would be inserted in a grid metal framing system.  If it's just a whiter glass, I imagine it will look considerably better in person than it does in the rendering.

I am not a fan of curtain walls in general so while I'm not in love with the newer design I also wasn't in love with the older one either. They certainly let in a lot of natural light, which I suppose is nice, but they still feel cold and impersonal to me.

I like it but to be honest who cares what it looks like from the outside.

I don't know if the cantilever design would have cost us more money though. The mock-up I posted was one of the options obviously being considered by the club. 

If we were to redevelop the Roseburn further down the line, then doing it now would actually save us money in the future. 

I'm pretty sure the club will have explored all options within the budget they had.

17353124_689900821180030_597276587559396

Just thought I'd post the image again that everyone's arguing over.

The white trim and frame is the issue its over emphasised if it was dark and blended into the glass similar to the omni then it would look alot better. Edited by Jamboelite

Thing is though Toggie i get what you are saying but what is the cost involved in that?, what are the structural implications of this design against current architecture?, what are the planning permissions that would go with that and would they realistically get passed?

You seem to be negative on most things because it doesnt fit with your expectations of what you wanted but there are clearly reasons why we couldnt or havent done these things.

Im suggestion your expectations were too high or not steeped in some reality of the restrictions we are under on this site or cost.

The implication for current architecture would be less than what is happening currently, as you wouldn't be relying on 20 year old beams supporting a truss. 

Planning permission would have been passed without a problem. 

EDIT: FWIW, I actually think that the cantilever design is less visually appealing to the symmetric look the truss design gives. However, it would have been a better option for the future of the club (imo) to go with the former. 

Edited by Toggie88

Just thought I'd post the image again that everyone's arguing over.  

The most important thing for me is it says "Tynecastle Park" Happy days.

Just thought I'd post the image again that everyone's arguing over.  

The white frame is just untextured. The benches are white and the stairs are too.

The colour scheme hasn't changed, but it seems some folk think it has and it'll look like that!

Think too many are getting caught up in the detail, which at the moment are based on artist's impressions.

On completion I think we will all be delighted with the finished design/product. Bearing in mind that most people when entering the current main stand probably only look at it for about thirty seconds. If the end product is anything like what we have seen proposed so far, then I think we will have something to be really proud of & what looks like a place where people would be delighted to meet up or gather before games.

I've no doubt this will surpass our expectations & will be the most modern main stand in the country. Until someone else builds one of course.

Think too many are getting caught up in the detail, which at the moment are based on artist's impressions.

On completion I think we will all be delighted with the finished design/product. Bearing in mind that most people when entering the current main stand probably only look at it for about thirty seconds. If the end product is anything like what we have seen proposed so far, then I think we will have something to be really proud of & what looks like a place where people would be delighted to meet up or gather before games.

I've no doubt this will surpass our expectations & will be the most modern main stand in the country. Until someone else builds one of course.

Indeed and well said. To many folk greeting about this or that or small glass or big glass. Rewind 4 years or if they are old enough rewind back to the Pieman days when we were a baw hair from not being in Gorgie.

I have no doubts that it will be a stand to be proud of

fireeagle51

I imagine a lot, especially if it's used on non match days for events.

As a one off, would be exciting to try the roof top restaurant fine dining hospitality package though probably need to start saving now.

Hopefully the rooftop restaurant will be open every day and not just on match days. Would generate a lot of money [emoji383]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CW_24gRWAAAGPKQ.jpg

I just noticed that drawing doesnt show the huge cross beam thing (canny mind its name, been a long day) thats currently above the old stand. Wonder why this was left out?

Hungry hippo

Hopefully the rooftop restaurant will be open every day and not just on match days. Would generate a lot of money [emoji383]

I expect it will be open as often as we can make a profit out of it.

fireeagle51

I just noticed that drawing doesnt show the huge cross beam thing (canny mind its name, been a long day) thats currently above the old stand. Wonder why this was left out?

Because this was one of the other options the club could have taken and wouldn't of involved the girder truss identicle to the other 3stands

fireeagle51

Shows up better on this image.

d8f46d3c18208cddd690e9ac0fc1ebcb.jpg

I Will have to make a YouTube video climbing onto the roof of the new stand once complete. I will get some cracking photos

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Different design of stand which wouldn't require a truss.

Straightfromtheheart

Indeed and well said. To many folk greeting about this or that or small glass or big glass. Rewind 4 years or if they are old enough rewind back to the Pieman days when we were a baw hair from not being in Gorgie.

I have no doubts that it will be a stand to be proud of

this