New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Mars plastic

Seriously?

Never mind the new stand, get them banned from the stadium! Imbeciles.

Who actually does that ?

Aye.

The club is having to pay for the damage caused and the stand is getting pulled down in a matter of weeks. Can't make it up.

Aye.

The club is having to pay for the damage caused and the stand is getting pulled down in a matter of weeks. Can't make it up.

Not the first time this has happened

Ann Budge made it part of a statement last season

Let's hope the halfwits who stuffed bog roll down the toilets in the Bobby Walker on Sunday and subsequently flooded the place don't make an appearance in the new stand. Well done you fecking twats.

Absolute moron. I whoever did it is identified and made to cough up some money towards the repairs.

siegementality

Seriously?

Never mind the new stand, get them banned from the stadium! Imbeciles.

Who actually does that ?

A Celtic supporter?

Considering the piling was finished nearly three weeks ago progress seems to me to be quite slow.

Steel was to start April looks like its bang on time.

Steel was to start April looks like its bang on time.

So have they started to put the steelwork up ?

So have they started to put the steelwork up ?

I assume thats what the delivery was for and work will commence now.

Has apathy even reached this thread now that no-one can be arsed with an update?

Just the site is enclosed and the only realisic opportunity for pictures is on match day.

Unless you want to set up a daily vigil.

We were saying after Sunday they might spend the money on players instead now.

Edited by Mikey1874

Has apathy even reached this thread now that no-one can be arsed with an update?

Nah, it's because there's a high fence around the perimeter now.

Hearts have a time lapse camera, and I imagine they'll start releasing updates from that once the frame starts going up. Up until now, there's not been much to see other than holes being made in the ground and piling pipes being put in.

Home games really the only opportunity to take photos from within the perimeter.

Buffalo Bill

We're nearly at the end of the 'boring bit'. Once the steel fame starts to go up, progress will feel a lot more tangible and rapid.  

Looking fwd to it. This thread is the light in what is a very dark tunnel at the moment.

We're nearly at the end of the 'boring bit'. Once the steel fame starts to go up, progress will feel a lot more tangible and rapid.  

Looking fwd to it. This thread is the light in what is a very dark tunnel at the moment.

TSHDaWn.jpg

Francis Albert

TSHDaWn.jpg

It's from a book of photographs by Paul Gray of Tynecastle, many of them of both the exterior and interior of the main stand. Everything from the Gents toilets to the Boardroom and the groundsman's storeroom. It would be the perfect souvenir of the old stand if reprinted and stocked in the club shop. One for the Commercial Department to look into?

fireeagle51

It's from a book of photographs by Paul Gray of Tynecastle, many of them of both the exterior and interior of the main stand. Everything from the Gents toilets to the Boardroom and the groundsman's storeroom. It would be the perfect souvenir of the old stand if reprinted and stocked in the club shop. One for the Commercial Department to look into?

Brilliant idea. You should definitely email the club and share the idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fireeagle51

The photo was selling in the Hearts shop earlier this year, got one for my man cave.

Got 1 to. Thought it was a good idea when they started to sell framed photos of the stadium/ players in the new shop

jambofaefife

They'd have to be thin. [emoji1]

388c8659d816e5c09d38f8893383ed02.jpg

Loving the not so straight foundations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jambofaefife

Hope this happens

If it's the one i think it is, I've tried and failed to get a copy for the last year

Edited by BM1874

Stuart Lyon

Paul Gray is working with the club to update his book with pictures of the old stand taken once the shop/ticket office were demolished. So a reprint of the book is going to happen.

Francis Albert

Paul Gray is working with the club to update his book with pictures of the old stand taken once the shop/ticket office were demolished. So a reprint of the book is going to happen.

good news

fireeagle51

There's not a lot happening onsite to warrant updates tbh, the steelwork is being stored prior to the groundworks finishing before it can be delivered onsite.

03edfb727cbbe5adac455c99b55f4630.jpg

Where is this photo from mate

There's not a lot happening onsite to warrant updates tbh, the steelwork is being stored prior to the groundworks finishing before it can be delivered onsite.

03edfb727cbbe5adac455c99b55f4630.jpg

Yeah

I'll post some pics once home

Good it seems the project is on track

At first I thought those buildings were the distillery and it was parked around the corner.

Not much changed visually on the site, just foundations. Can't be long until they roll up with the frame and start assembling it.

TSHDaWn.jpg

Goosebumps picture. Makes you think of a midweek games with full houses against Celtic, Rangers, Hibs or Aberdeen (one of the games with a bit of edge). No better place to be, especially if its an important game or a cup game.

jamboinglasgow

Steel work starts arriving on Monday.

Good, wonder if they expect to start assembling next week. 

Great photos guys, always fascinating comparing it to last Sunday's ones to see how much has changed. Nearly all the piles cut down to the right size and a lot of concrete poured.

Some of the steelwork is massive, there just isn't the room to store it all onsite. It will arrive in sequence as & when required, you'll get some good pics when you see it. [emoji4]

f46bd481424c3091ac531288530dd342.jpg

Yup looks like some massive erections there.

How long is the frame expected to take to put up ?

davemclaren

Some of the steelwork is massive, there just isn't the room to store it all onsite. It will arrive in sequence as & when required, you'll get some good pics when you see it. [emoji4] f46bd481424c3091ac531288530dd342.jpg

Rusted already. :whistling:

Some of the steelwork is massive, there just isn't the room to store it all onsite. It will arrive in sequence as & when required, you'll get some good pics when you see it. [emoji4] f46bd481424c3091ac531288530dd342.jpg

Hope this isn't a recent photo and it has been sandblasted and painted since then.

rudi must stay

Hope this isn't a recent photo and it has been sandblasted and painted since then.

Been painted a nice orange

Mrs Budge said today "there are eleven lorries of steel arriving tomorrow"

I thought she said 18 lorries. I must be going deaf

Great 'before'

Aye, the after will be posted in a few months time [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Francis Albert

Not seen it posted, not on this thread anyway, but Ann gave a timetable in her programme notes yesterday. In summary

1. Preparatory phase - piling, excavating, completing foundations, installing utilities and services - by 18th April (looks nearly complete)

2 Construction phase - erection of structural steel and concrete behind existing stand - target completion end May 2017

- installation of curtain walling comprising the "huge" glass fa?ade - starting 1st May target completion mid-August

3. Construction phase - demolish existing stand scheduled to begin mid-May

- ordering of staging and seating currently in final stages of preparation - much of this is fabricated overseas.

- new staging expected to arrive early August with all seating to be installed by the end of August.

4. The "Fit-out" Phase - all supporter areas inc toilets, turnstiles, staircases etc to enable supporters to attend home games, scheduled completion end August 2017

- also required by end ust: main entrance hall, Directors Suite, Media Centre, front Piazza

5. "Open for business" - 9th September 2017

6. Hospitality and new dressing rooms - 20th January 2018

7. Final deliverables - Nursery, new Club Shop, Community Services space

- Overall completion 30th March 2018

davemclaren

Hasn't been in the paint shop yet. [emoji4]

It will be exciting to see the structure emerge over the spring and summer.

jamboinglasgow

Mrs Budge said today "there are eleven lorries of steel arriving tomorrow"

I hope someone will get photos of that tomorrow, for just seeing so many lorries come (think it was similar when the parts for the truss were delivered.)

And judging from the photo put up earlier of two lorries loaded up with steel, thats going to be a lot of steel.

Not seen it posted, not on this thread anyway, but Ann gave a timetable in her programme notes yesterday. In summary

1. Preparatory phase - piling, excavating, completing foundations, installing utilities and services - by 18th April (looks nearly complete)

2 Construction phase - erection of structural steel and concrete behind existing stand - target completion end May 2017

- installation of curtain walling comprising the "huge" glass fa?ade - starting 1st May target completion mid-August

3. Construction phase - demolish existing stand scheduled to begin mid-May

- ordering of staging and seating currently in final stages of preparation - much of this is fabricated overseas.

- new staging expected to arrive early August with all seating to be installed by the end of August.

4. The "Fit-out" Phase - all supporter areas inc toilets, turnstiles, staircases etc to enable supporters to attend home games, scheduled completion end August 2017

- also required by end ust: main entrance hall, Directors Suite, Media Centre, front Piazza

5. "Open for business" - 9th September 2017

6. Hospitality and new dressing rooms - 20th January 2018

7. Final deliverables - Nursery, new Club Shop, Community Services space

- Overall completion 30th March 2018

Thanks for putting that up, did not realise she had put that in. Certainly a busy schedule with it about to get really busy.

Also interesting is the new dressing rooms not fitted until January. So that would mean that we will be using the Wheatfield stand changing rooms until then. So will they be putting a tunnel in the Wheatfield? The plans done for the undercroft certainly had them, but would require people to move.