New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

7B46F130-85FD-42B3-B953-18F6EB4499BF_zps

Doesn't show the truss on the new stand....mad thomaso oot[emoji819]

This is what they should have done. Built a separate stand so the corners could have been removed over the next generation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unknown user

Quality, when do you start rebuilding the main stand? :)

Just waiting for the clear blocks to arrive ;)

Seriously though, this model's selling online for nearly 300 quid!

I love my jambos and that, but they've taken that too far

Fxxx the SPFL

Was up today, i see the graffiti artists have been busy on the hoardings.. 38a8873073828720f40b5975011af075.jpg

We should get Banksy up to do a couple of his wee murals that should cover the shortfall in the funding for the stand.

Here's the walls coloured maroon compared to how it is right now:

017e5c55a1.png

Thanks for that, Kila. It looks cracking. I really hope there's some plans to do this, or something similar to Bournemouth FC with the legends.

Left after 98/99 season.

He had a bust up with JJ in the Easter Road dressing room during the leaguecup semi final and that was him finished. Jess emptyed him.

salvatoristefano.jpg

Thanks for that, Kila. It looks cracking. I really hope there's some plans to do this, or something similar to Bournemouth FC with the legends.

Great point BUT, I really think Hearts need to aspire to have a stadium that is much better than the one Bournemouth have, all credit to the south coast resort, they have done a good job with what they have and perhaps there are a few little things that Hearts could copy BUT there is no comparison between the 2 stadiums ie Tynecastle PARK is several leagues higher!

fireeagle51

Great point BUT, I really think Hearts need to aspire to have a stadium that is much better than the one Bournemouth have, all credit to the south coast resort, they have done a good job with what they have and perhaps there are a few little things that Hearts could copy BUT there is no comparison between the 2 stadiums ie Tynecastle PARK is several leagues higher!

Been once and Bournemouth has a cracking menu in there concourse area. Something we really need to step up a mark on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Sir Tom Finney Stand at Preston and Jarrold Stand at Norwich are the closest single tiered stands I have found in Britain of similar size to ours.

Edited by Cesny

The Sir Tom Finney Stand at Preston and Jarrold Stand at Norwich are the closest single tiered stands I have found in Britain of similar size to ours.

They're close but still probably twice as far as Tynecastle!

ac3f7dcf2e.jpg

ac3f878a13.jpg

ac3f938175.jpg

They're close but still probably twice as far as Tynecastle!

ac3f7dcf2e.jpg

ac3f878a13.jpg

ac3f938175.jpg

The Preston one is 7800 and Norwich 8200 so about 500 and 1000 in it respectively. It should look noticeably bigger than the Wheatfield.

The Preston one is 7800 and Norwich 8200 so about 500 and 1000 in it respectively. It should look noticeably bigger than the Wheatfield.

Ah I thought you meant close to the pitch, oops

The steelwork was supposed to start at the beginning of april so it will be interesting to see if anything happens in the next week or two.

Francis Albert

bigger but the steeper and more enclosed wheatfield looks better

Watt-Zeefuik

Plus a late entry from the Smithster...

McYKfC2.jpg

This is fantastic but to really nail it you need to continuously update it to match the current state of construction...

Unknown user

This is fantastic but to really nail it you need to continuously update it to match the current state of construction...

For you anything my intercontinental friend

BIB8C4j.jpg

PeterintheRain

The chimney's missing from the old stand.

The workies were pretty friendly

JZ2ZKih.jpg

Is the boy on the left the carpet fitter? Heard him say Underlay underlay.

An aerial shot I took on my way into Turnhouse last week, with Tynie and Murrayfield in the middle distance.

4Sx8lPX.jpg

need eagle eyes for that pic! I can only make out Murrayfield.

Pic doing the rounds showing some of the steelwork allegedly ... 869050a3d14b2a243066c40b9aceb12b.jpg

All we need is the body and we can get the coroner on the job .I like her.

buzzbomb1958

Beginning of gorgie road was cut off to traffic to allow for a massive delivery this morning about 11 I take it would be the Steelwork

scott herbertson

Beginning of gorgie road was cut off to traffic to allow for a massive delivery this morning about 11 I take it would be the Steelwork

Dunno, maybe we've re-signed Nade, Zeefuik and Kevin Kyle?

I hadn't realised a boy took a major huff about 'his' photos and closed the main stand photo group

Did wonder why the page stopped posting

Shame but petty people do petty things

Pic doing the rounds showing some of the steelwork allegedly ... 869050a3d14b2a243066c40b9aceb12b.jpg

It looks like the steel has been kidnapped and held in an abandoned warehouse. maybe hostage demand is on its way. wonder if the would like some players instead of money

I hadn't realised a boy took a major huff about 'his' photos and closed the main stand photo group

Did wonder why the page stopped posting

Shame but petty people do petty things

. I never even noticed. Men never grow up.

SwindonJambo

Good photos Mike and much needed. We certainly need something positive to look forward to! Thanks for posting.

Edited by SwindonJambo

jamboinglasgow

Good to see the concrete finally being poured into the foundations. From the photos they have poured from the ends and are working their way in. With some of it set and the square plate fixings in place, whether they will start erecting the steel framework on these now or will wait till all the foundations are finished.

Buffalo Bill

Thanks for the photo updates, Mikey/Kila.

Won't be long now until the first bit of ("infeereeur") steel goes up. 

How tall will the piling pipes be before the frame is built on top?

51 inches

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Are you working on site?

Considering the piling was finished nearly three weeks ago progress seems to me to be quite slow.

Considering the piling was finished nearly three weeks ago progress seems to me to be quite slow.

I'm guessing to allow the concrete to properly cure? 28 days probably.

Edited by Dunks

I'm guessing to allow the concrete to properly cure? 28 days probably.

Ye you could be right, just find the foundations the boring bit before we will see lots of things going up.

Mars plastic

Let's hope the halfwits who stuffed bog roll down the toilets in the Bobby Walker on Sunday and subsequently flooded the place don't make an appearance in the new stand. Well done you fecking twats.

Let's hope the halfwits who stuffed bog roll down the toilets in the Bobby Walker on Sunday and subsequently flooded the place don't make an appearance in the new stand. Well done you fecking twats.

Seriously?

Never mind the new stand, get them banned from the stadium! Imbeciles.

Who actually does that ?