New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

The primary thing I wanted was a project which looked towards the future. By that, I mean building something which could be incorporated into further stadium expansion and not based on designs from the 1990s.  

I agree that at the moment, 20,000 is probably enough for us. But at the same time, I'd like to think in a few years we'd be able to attract more fans (especially if Edinburgh population estimates are to believed). 

The current project 'completes' Tynecastle as Ann has said. There's no vision for future expansion and the current design essentially hems us in on the current playing surface. 

For example, I know the whole 'fill in the corners debate' has been done to death, but if we had went for the cantilever option, it would mean that if the option to redevelop the Roseburn came along in a few years time, then we'd be able to remove the floodlight pylon between the Main & Roseburn and fill the corner in without huge expense. 

CW_24gRWAAAGPKQ.jpg

Not sure when this image was published - but it clearly shows the glazed curtain wall design that many say they were unaware of.

Not sure when this image was published - but it clearly shows the glazed curtain wall design that many say they were unaware of.

I was thinking this too. Although this looks like the curtain jolts out. Hard to tell clearly though.

Also, image was one of many released by the club I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the response. Honestly appreciate it.

So basically, the all glass facade idea never really got running, except for the few early artist impressions?

Do you know if there's any artist conceptions of the pitch side?

I think the new artist impression won't do it justice as you say tbh. It looks like it is 1960s style, when in reality, it will look more modern.

My other 'criticisms' or 'queries' regarding the project stand, however none are aimed at you. I understand your points around the tight timescale, but in my professional opinion there was other solutions to the nursery issue. We don't need to trudge up old ground though.

Thanks again.

Once planning permission was granted, it became obvious after urgent and full review of H&S, programme, cost, and build-ability, that an all glass fa?ade as indicated on the artists impressions was just not practical.

Sorry I am not aware of any updated images from the pitch side.

Once planning permission was granted, it became obvious after urgent and full review of H&S, programme, cost, and build-ability, that an all glass fa?ade as indicated on the artists impressions was just not practical.

Sorry I am not aware of any updated images from the pitch side.

Makes sense. Cheers again.

Yes, that's what I would have thought. So the plan view of the revised facade will look more like this?

Capture1_zpslqs0dq3e.jpg?t=1489577011

Yes

Yes

On the artists impression, the white panels seem rather prominent. Is that a true reflection of what it will look like or are we talking more omni centre dark glass?

On the artists impression, the white panels seem rather prominent. Is that a true reflection of what it will look like or are we talking more omni centre dark glass?

Please refer to my comments on #6777 above

Buffalo Bill

Bill,

Can you or are you prepared to say if there is date on the images.

I got sight of a couple of pages from the initial Clydesdale Feasibility Study which certainly had the date on the first page, but can't remember about subsequent pages.

I've deleted the images so can't go back to.

Edit - found it. Front page only for date.

I've only re-posted the 'crumpled pub pictures' just for people's visual reference. I haven't seen the drawings in the flesh so I don't know when they were dated.

Hackney Hearts

The glazed curtain wall system will extend from 1st floor level right up to the roof parapet 

Is there a glass wall at the edge of the restaurant roof terrace? Either a continuation of the facade or a separate structure?

Presumably there has to be a barrier of some sort for safety, and presumably glass so as not to obstruct restaurant views of castle etc?

FarmerTweedy

Heres an idea. If you don't like the outside of the new stand, don't sit in it, I will take your seat and enjoy the facilities instead. Away and sit in the Roseburn.

Surely a more sensible stance would be if you don't like the outside of the new stand, don't stand outside it looking at it for any length of time?

Is there a glass wall at the edge of the restaurant roof terrace? Either a continuation of the facade or a separate structure?

Presumably there has to be a barrier of some sort for safety, and presumably glass so as not to obstruct restaurant views of castle etc?

Continuation of the fa?ade

Deans Jambo

The glass vision units will be clear as the views out from the corporate areas/restaurant are obviously important.

The white bands everybody is referring to will not be white - they are opaque glass panels to mask the edge of the floor slabs inside the building. Whether the glass sealed units are clear or opaque, they are all faced with clear glass externally and during the day there will be a high degree of reflection meaning that the opage panels will not be highly visible, giving visual continuity of the fa?ade..

You really cannot judge how the fa?ade is going to look from the CAD generated drawing in circulation on here.

My worry and I believe the worry of those looking at the 'new design' was the white made it look like we were getting a white structure with some windows like 'a dated office block' as some put it.

Good to hear this will not be the case and I hope everyone upset will read your response and we can get back to feeling good about our new stand!

Edited by Deans Jambo

Unknown user

Kickback never ******* changes eh! A decent thread ruined by hobos, trolls and ******* WUM's! Have the kids stopped crying and chucking their crayons about yet? So ******* what if the glass is a bit different, who actually ****** cares that much? You should all be extremely grateful we are even in a position to be building the ******* thing in the first place! As for Thomaso, thank you for all your information that you have provided on this thread, it is appreciated so just ignore all the window lickers! And thank you to those who post the pictures as well, keep them coming ;)

Again, I'll have whatever opinion I like, and I don't need approval from any of you. If you don't like that, ram it, it's your problem not mine - you're the one throwing the toys out.

The glass facade had us all cooing because it looked awesome, the new version looks less awesome in comparison. I don't see how that's even up for debate.

This isn't the emperors new clothes where we all have to toe the line and say how amazing it is, I felt disappointment so I expressed it.

If the new rendering isn't a great example of how it will look then fair enough, but I don't think anyone can be blamed for judging what's in front of them. After all, no one's expecting to be told "here's a new version of the stand, but confusingly enough it won't look like that, ignore what you don't like"

I have an open mind, but I have aesthetic concerns that I didn't have a week ago. Live with it.

Francis Albert

It's just an untextured drawing FA.

It's not going to be white like that. Nor will the benches or stairs be white.

Good.

Now without being greedy I hope the thin white poles at the bottom are eliminated. They seem to serve no structural purpose and look like a feature of parades of shops in the 60s or 70s. Unless they are some sot of homage to the famous pillars of the current stand.

Again, I'll have whatever opinion I like, and I don't need approval from any of you. If you don't like that, ram it, it's your problem not mine - you're the one throwing the toys out.

The glass facade had us all cooing because it looked awesome, the new version looks less awesome in comparison. I don't see how that's even up for debate.

This isn't the emperors new clothes where we all have to toe the line and say how amazing it is, I felt disappointment so I expressed it.

If the new rendering isn't a great example of how it will look then fair enough, but I don't think anyone can be blamed for judging what's in front of them. After all, no one's expecting to be told "here's a new version of the stand, but confusingly enough it won't look like that, ignore what you don't like"

I have an open mind, but I have aesthetic concerns that I didn't have a week ago. Live with it.

An open mind ? Really ?

Bad Religion

All based on a crumbled photo from a boozer.

That rendering is not the true reflection of the design, no one knows what the final glass facade will look like. Do designs on paper ever look the same in reality, that is once the new stand is complete in comparison to that design on paper from the boozer..

There have been a few suspect posters surfing to pour scorn and negativity on our stand,their posts have reeked of it, no doubt possible non Jambos.

Why do you continue to ignore the fact that the one poster who is involved in the design to some extent has confirmed the pub elevation is a more accurate version of the proposed construction than the initial planning images.

At least I've still got the fb groups for regular photo updates :D

Yep me too and no half glass empty folk on that thankfully

I think it'll look not much different from what we were expecting, other than the glass won't be hanging off the edge (I did like that too).

It seems the untextured white lines in the pub photo have made folk think it looks radically different, which is fair enough when there's no context.

We need another crumbled photo with some textured glass ;)

Unknown user

I think it'll look not much different from what we were expecting, other than the glass won't be hanging off the edge (I did like that too).

It seems the untextured white lines in the pub photo have made folk think it looks radically different, which is fair enough when there's no context.

Funnily enough, I didn't like the glass overhang look! I suppose I have to accept what we're being told by people itk, but I can't help the alarm bell going off in the back of my mind. Genuinely hope that feeling's wrong, of course

Not sure where this "untextured" white lines terminology is coming from - these panels are opaque glass - they have no "texture". Please refer to my previous comments on these panels.

Good.

Now without being greedy I hope the thin white poles at the bottom are eliminated. They seem to serve no structural purpose and look like a feature of parades of shops in the 60s or 70s. Unless they are some sot of homage to the famous pillars of the current stand.

"Serve no structural purpose"?   These columns are structural and support the weight of the projecting fa?ade and floors above. 

alex young hero

Has anyone booked a holiday from a brochure which only showed an artist's impression of the hotel because it hasn't been built yet ,odds on the finished article was not what you thought it would be,that being the case I will reserve my opinion until I can see it completed.

Not sure where this "untextured" white lines terminology is coming from - these panels are opaque glass - they have no "texture". Please refer to my previous comments on these panels.

Some folk are looking at the crumbled drawing and seeing the white things, thinking that'll form the fabric of the outside, with the glass fitting inside the white frames.

johnking123

Far as I know. Even the capacity is not set in stone. Stand is still a work in progress even when in the middle of building.

Has anyone booked a holiday from a brochure which only showed an artist's impression of the hotel because it hasn't been built yet ,odds on the finished article was not what you thought it would be,that being the case I will reserve my opinion until I can see it completed.

That is the sensible way of going about things!

In fact, it is the only way.

Some folk are looking at the crumbled drawing and seeing the white things, thinking that'll form the fabric of the outside, with the glass fitting inside the white frames.

Sorry I am trying to clarify as much as I can however some of the comments on here are baffling me.

Hagar the Horrible

Sorry I am trying to clarify as much as I can however some of the comments on here are baffling me.

Just try and explain the off-side rule to an American its easier,  Thanks for the updates though, For the record, i dont like the look of the other 3 stands from the outside, but who cares its from the inside that counts,  The Main Stand will be a thing of beauty regardless of how thick the panel lines are represented by an artist impression.  For me cant wait for the tour, and to do the corporate hospitality thing

Hackney Hearts

Not sure where this "untextured" white lines terminology is coming from - these panels are opaque glass - they have no "texture".

I don't think "untextured" was referring to the glass itself - I think he meant texture in the sense of an architect's drawing, i.e. it's flat colour, it doesn't convey that it's glass at all, let alone what that glass will look like in reality. Looking at that drawing, those strips could just as well be white-painted concrete or wood... it's not surprising some people think it looks a bit crap by comparison, if they're not getting the proper effect. 

Hagar the Horrible

I don't think "untextured" was referring to the glass itself - I think he meant texture in the sense of an architect's drawing, i.e. it's flat colour, it doesn't convey that it's glass at all, let alone what that glass will look like in reality. Looking at that drawing, those strips could just as well be white-painted concrete or wood... it's not surprising some people think it looks a bit crap by comparison, if they're not getting the proper effect. 

The thickness of the line showing the extent of the glass panels used by some CAD system by a CAD artist has caused some major tantrums by some weapons grade imbiciles on here,  But if it was shown as one solid piece of glass, it would have looked either like one solid glass panel or a wall???    Rather than a collection of multiple glass panels stuck together, very dificult to portait on an A3 print out. but i get the concept.  Can we not just get back to the corners debate again!!!!!!!  honestly

Francis Albert

But has anyone ever turned up at a newly built hotel to find it looks better than the artist's impression?

maroonlegions

Why do you continue to ignore the fact that the one poster who is involved in the design to some extent has confirmed the pub elevation is a more accurate version of the proposed construction than the initial planning images.

Not ignoring any facts.

Since when is a rendering an actual true reflection of the actual physical reality that will be there after completion?? :laugh4:

Involved in the design to what extent??

Are Hearts aware  that someone who is involved with the design was showing a rendering of the new stand  to punters in a boozer... :laugh4:  

And for the record i see no problems with that glass design.

Edited by maroonlegions

The Natural Order

I've got a question that I hope Thomaso can answer.

See the Maroon/colored sections of the facade, are they a solid material like the black and grey stuff on the student flats up Fountainbridge, colored glass that lets light into the building or colored glass that is backed onto a solid wall so it looks glazed from the outside but doesn't bleed colored light in to the building? If that makes any sense!!!

Edited by Jambo Cartman

Hackney Hearts

But has anyone ever turned up at a newly built hotel to find it looks better than the artist's impression?

Ha! I doubt it.

But the pub drawing isn't really a 'selling' document (unlike the planning application one we were familiar with) - it's much more functional.

Edited by Hackney Hearts

Depends on the weather. They never show an artists impression of a building in winter on a shitey rainy day.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Depends on the weather. They never show an artists impression of a building in winter on a shitey rainy day.

"Here's how it will look in the middle of a nuclear war."

maroonlegions

ha ha.

Seems that those moaning because of this artists impression  need to keep in check that an artists  structural and aesthetic designs often look so different to the physical reality.  

F5024227-CE25-4A86-85DC-16A8B7CB76FE_zps

:laugh:

Who is this guy? What photos were posted and not removed? There's been so much arguing over the glass facade that it's been ages since we saw photos.

Sounds attention seeking... 'Quick, tell me you all love me and my photos or I'll delete it all! I'll do it! I'll really do it!'

F5024227-CE25-4A86-85DC-16A8B7CB76FE_zps

What a bell...

Surely the pictures are up for everyone not just to get your name in the spotlight? I've left the group. Keep the pictures coming here. Boring watching this stage anyway. A bit creepy going back and taking photos every single day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fxxx the SPFL

What a bell...

Surely the pictures are up for everyone not just to get your name in the spotlight? I've left the group. Keep the pictures coming here. Boring watching this stage anyway. A bit creepy going back and taking photos every single day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

possibly the guy was skiving work allegedly off on the sick and was out taking pictures and is now worried he will get found out hence the reason to have them removed pronto.