New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Yep, more tangible when the steel gets erected & the facade goes up rather than just holes in the ground, piling tubes & concrete founds as it is now.

I think people will be stunned at the enormity of it tbh.

Yeah, when the truss started to get assembled and you could walk by on match days up close, it was amazing the scale. I think the frame taking shape giving a clear indication of the scale will be exciting, can't be long now.

Mrs Budge said today "there are eleven lorries of steel arriving tomorrow"

Worth adding she said right on schedule too

troonmaroon

Not seen it posted, not on this thread anyway, but Ann gave a timetable in her programme notes yesterday. In summary

1. Preparatory phase - piling, excavating, completing foundations, installing utilities and services - by 18th April (looks nearly complete)

2 Construction phase - erection of structural steel and concrete behind existing stand - target completion end May 2017

- installation of curtain walling comprising the "huge" glass fa?ade - starting 1st May target completion mid-August

3. Construction phase - demolish existing stand scheduled to begin mid-May

- ordering of staging and seating currently in final stages of preparation - much of this is fabricated overseas.

- new staging expected to arrive early August with all seating to be installed by the end of August.

4. The "Fit-out" Phase - all supporter areas inc toilets, turnstiles, staircases etc to enable supporters to attend home games, scheduled completion end August 2017

- also required by end ust: main entrance hall, Directors Suite, Media Centre, front Piazza

5. "Open for business" - 9th September 2017

6. Hospitality and new dressing rooms - 20th January 2018

7. Final deliverables - Nursery, new Club Shop, Community Services space

- Overall completion 30th March 2018

Ta, hadn't seen this either!

9 Sept... Season kicks off 5 Aug so 4 away games we're asking to start with? (first Spet weekend is international matches. )

SwindonJambo

9 Sept... Season kicks off 5 Aug so 4 away games we're asking to start with? (first Spet weekend is international matches. )

What plans do they have if we get a home draw in the League Cup? Anyone know?

We can postpone 1 home game

Celtic been doing that last few years to play 'glamour' friendlies.

Hungry hippo

We'll definitely get two home games as it's a group stage now.

SwindonJambo

Ta. Oops - completely forgot about that! I think we previously abandoned the group stage in around 1983 due to fixture congestion.

Probably Livi or East End Park. Easter Road would be unlikely, and Budge has hinted that much

SwindonJambo

Probably Livi or East End Park. Easter Road would be unlikely, and Budge has hinted that much

Lol. That at least shows she's in touch and well aware that it would not go down well. TBH, Livi or EEP would be fine, especially given the poor crowds the tournament usually attracts, especially in the early stages.

Ferryjambo99

Would it be possible to play with just 3 stands?

fireeagle51

Certainly going to be a busy summer at Tynie.

Can already imagine the first game with the new stand, packed with people, amazing facilities, big game, new singing section, new food menu, top summmer signings. All looking good [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not seen it posted, not on this thread anyway, but Ann gave a timetable in her programme notes yesterday. In summary

1. Preparatory phase - piling, excavating, completing foundations, installing utilities and services - by 18th April (looks nearly complete)

2 Construction phase - erection of structural steel and concrete behind existing stand - target completion end May 2017

- installation of curtain walling comprising the "huge" glass fa?ade - starting 1st May target completion mid-August

3. Construction phase - demolish existing stand scheduled to begin mid-May

- ordering of staging and seating currently in final stages of preparation - much of this is fabricated overseas.

- new staging expected to arrive early August with all seating to be installed by the end of August.

4. The "Fit-out" Phase - all supporter areas inc toilets, turnstiles, staircases etc to enable supporters to attend home games, scheduled completion end August 2017

- also required by end ust: main entrance hall, Directors Suite, Media Centre, front Piazza

5. "Open for business" - 9th September 2017

6. Hospitality and new dressing rooms - 20th January 2018

7. Final deliverables - Nursery, new Club Shop, Community Services space

- Overall completion 30th March 2018

Thanks for that FA good to know we are on track.

Buffalo Bill

9th Sep (opening day) is a Saturday which sounds to me like the club have been given the backing of the league to play away fixtures before then (and postpone one home game).  

So, I wonder who we'll get on Sep 9th at the new-look 20,099-seater Tynecastle?

9th Sep (opening day) is a Saturday which sounds to me like the club have been given the backing of the league to play away fixtures before then (and postpone one home game).  

Morton or Falkirk? ;)

Edited by kila

The Treasurer

Probably the best (easiest) option would be to play all group games away from home, if we're in the group stages of course.

A_A wehatethehibs

League cup groups games... Play them at murrayfield, tickets ?5 u16s ?1 u12s free. Get 50,000 in for a kick about with Dunfermline.

FarmerTweedy

Probably the best (easiest) option would be to play all group games away from home, if we're in the group stages of course.

It may be best/easiest, but it wouldn't be very fair on the rest of the teams in the group. Although playing our 'home' games at a neutral ground wouldn't be ideal from that point of view either.

Could always play group stage games at the Oriam

Only a few hundred or so capacity, but it's not going to attract a big crowd anyway

jimthejambo

Been meaning to take my DSLR along to a match all season. Finally got round to it on Saturday. Here's a couple of my better shots of the main stand. Few more in a couple of tweets i sent out over the weekend - twitter.com/jameschristie2

C864pZBW0AAyoSc.jpgC864q-WXkAEpxi4.jpgC864t2rXoAIrKnf.jpg

9th Sep (opening day) is a Saturday which sounds to me like the club have been given the backing of the league to play away fixtures before then (and postpone one home game).

Celtic Nap

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lucille's Thirsty

Off the field have we ever done better than this?

Proud of us.

Great photos.

First steel now in place...080e38d8c11f49f704d55cd966d57da5.jpg

a1a14ad230734b7e6d682d1aa2739db8.jpg

45fc7758c6e13eb44cf451149e2ff7cd.jpg

086cc6a9f68faa19ad0683f6b345f750.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit far away from the pitch......sighs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Been meaning to take my DSLR along to a match all season. Finally got round to it on Saturday. Here's a couple of my better shots of the main stand. Few more in a couple of tweets i sent out over the weekend - twitter.com/jameschristie2

C864pZBW0AAyoSc.jpgC864q-WXkAEpxi4.jpgC864t2rXoAIrKnf.jpg

Love these! Very good work mate :)

First steel now in place...080e38d8c11f49f704d55cd966d57da5.jpg

a1a14ad230734b7e6d682d1aa2739db8.jpg

45fc7758c6e13eb44cf451149e2ff7cd.jpg

086cc6a9f68faa19ad0683f6b345f750.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also love these - finally back in to a more 'visible' stage of work - hopefully this will reduce the 'can we fill in the corners and have a screen and a roof' chat.

Its reeeeeally happening now :)

All roads lead to Gorgie

What's the pitch like at Meadowbank now that Edinburgh City are playing league football there?. Not great to watch the game across the running track but we might get a bigger crowd in the city.

Should get this one of your's entered for the Turner prize

post-5690-0-11409400-1491825734_thumb.jpg

and we are off its been slow on the visible work being done but now we can all see the photos of the erection as it happens....

League cup groups games... Play them at murrayfield, tickets ?5 u16s ?1 u12s free. Get 50,000 in for a kick about with Dunfermline.

Heard that it's either East End or Falkirk for League Cup. Murrayfield if it's Europa League.

Clerry Jambo

Not sure if I'm happy with the new thread title!! :arry:

If the missus found out.....................carnage

heartsfc_fan

Heard that it's either East End or Falkirk for League Cup. Murrayfield if it's Europa League.

Falkirk? Jesus...

Nookie Bear

Reckon the TV companies will push for an Edinburgh derby on the opening day, assuming they come up.

Reckon the TV companies will push for an Edinburgh derby on the opening day, assuming they come up.

Where that first derby takes place depends on who is relegated in 12th place as Hibs take their place / fixture swaps. If its Inverness, Hamilton, Ross County or Dundee the first game is at Easter Road. If its Motherwell or (unlikely) Kilmarnock game is at Tynecastle

Of course if its Tynecastle it could be our postponed game set for a key date.