New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Aye, perhaps so, but if he'd done that there would have been a tsunami of people abusing him for "spoilin' the photies". Such is the level of plagiarism on social media that anyone posting original material must do so on the assumption that it's going to be nicked. Now I find that sad, because in the end the real losers are the rest of us, the audience.

I'm not getting this seethe against the guy that others are expressing. I mean, who else has been going out nearly every day in the middle of winter (presumably at his own expense) to photograph the works and then share the results? It matters not a jot if the photos are of demolition sites or green, grassy hills ? it still takes a bit of effort and incurs costs.

I think, at worst, he's been a bit naive. Once someone posts a photo on Facebook, a licence has been granted to them (Facebook) to re-use that material. Many people (wrongly) interpret this as an open licence to re-distribute it without attribution (as opposed to hitting the 'Share' button). Even though the copyright remains with the photographer, it would be impossibly expensive to enforce. 

He's got some sympathy from me.

Not really.

It wouldn't have to be a massive full picture covering watermark like you see for example in the SNSPIX ones from matches etc.

If it had meant that much to him, all he would have to do would put a small logo / label in the bottom corner of his photo's citing his name / page / photography company or something - that way he's getting the credit regardless of where the image ends up.

If he'd gone to that trouble, then someone else has spent time cropping out the watermark and trying to pass it off as their own, then I could perhaps understand the seethe / upset from the guy.

No sympathy from me in this instance i'm afraid.

sairyinthat

F5024227-CE25-4A86-85DC-16A8B7CB76FE_zps

just curious but are there any individuals in the photos you posted? If so did you ask them if you could use their image, silly question really as you obviously would.

sairyinthat

What a bell...

Surely the pictures are up for everyone not just to get your name in the spotlight? I've left the group. Keep the pictures coming here. Boring watching this stage anyway. A bit creepy going back and taking photos every single day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

every day?hope he wasn't taking photies if me getting carted into an ambulance on Monday past after falling of a ladder on my head at the top of McLeod street cause you ain't got my permission

siegementality

Thomaso now knows what I feel like being a voice of sanity on a thread and getting attacked for it

;)

May he can tell you what that's like then.

Francis Albert

Thomaso now knows what I feel like being a voice of sanity on a thread and getting attacked for it

;)

A danger we are drifting off topic again if this is to turn into a "who can sound more self important than Peter Hill?" competition. Edited by Francis Albert

Was planning to join that group to tell him what a stroker he is but it appears to have gone.

:(

He removed the ability for comments on his pics so you couldnt have anyway.

A danger we are drifting off topic again if this is to turn into a "who can sound more self important than Peter Hill?" competition.

Irony alert...

Anyway a few more weeks and the frame goes up then we can all moan about inferior steel.

I've got a question that I hope Thomaso can answer.

See the Maroon/colored sections of the facade, are they a solid material like the black and grey stuff on the student flats up Fountainbridge, colored glass that lets light into the building or colored glass that is backed onto a solid wall so it looks glazed from the outside but doesn't bleed colored light in to the building? If that makes any sense!!!

This.

This.

Nice! will look really good. I always thought it would be like the student flats at fountain park. Very excited for this.

Perth to Paisley

Where can a non Facebook user see updated photos - on here or elsewhere

.net probably

Thank you all in anticipation of the thread being full of pictures not words!

Shanks said no

post-22696-14897530849783_thumb.jpg I'll miss my pillar

Anyone can use this photo except the sad Facebook boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perth to Paisley

attachicon.gifIMG_0075.JPG I'll miss my pillar

Anyone can use this photo except the sad Facebook boy

Think you can buy wee blue tablets for that?

maroonlegions

:naughty:

Ok it was me re posting those photos on here.

I genially thought that the person taking them would not mind, indeed i even entertained the notion that if anywhere was the place to share such photos then JKB would be it.

Also i presumed the boy would feel a sense of pride too that they were getting an airing on the most Jambo based forum out there in internet land.

In hindsight though i should have asked first,i  have apologised to him though.

Was never my attention to cause so much grief for the boy either.  :facepalm:

Edited by maroonlegions

Not really.

It wouldn't have to be a massive full picture covering watermark like you see for example in the SNSPIX ones from matches etc.

If it had meant that much to him, all he would have to do would put a small logo / label in the bottom corner of his photo's citing his name / page / photography company or something - that way he's getting the credit regardless of where the image ends up.

If he'd gone to that trouble, then someone else has spent time cropping out the watermark and trying to pass it off as their own, then I could perhaps understand the seethe / upset from the guy.

No sympathy from me in this instance i'm afraid.

Photography company :rofl:

Nice! will look really good. I always thought it would be like the student flats at fountain park. Very excited for this.

I assumed the same as you. But even the maroon sections are going to be glazed? [emoji106] if so.

gorgie rd eh11

I assumed the same as you. But even the maroon sections are going to be glazed? [emoji106] if so.

Are you sure your happy? I've heard the trees are deciduous!!!

Be good to keep this on track , ignore the David Baileys and keep the thread updated with updated pictures for the people overseas 

Be good to keep this on track , ignore the David Baileys and keep the thread updated with updated pictures for the people overseas

Yeah

Less pics just now as site is enclosed (not visible) but still getting a few.

THUR MAH FOTOS

:cornette:

By the way, I don't remember David Bailey asking me permission to take photos of the new stand that I'm paying for

Walked past earlier, was intending to take photos but it's impossible without a long stick to get the camera high enough over the wall.

The gate opened for a workman so could briefly peer inside. Not a lot different since cry boy's Facebook photos were posted.

Buffalo Bill

17426032_692159930954119_290917839998918

Another of my blurry iPhone photos, this time taken from the top of Corstorphine Hill.

Lucille's Thirsty

I'm just putting this out there giving the photos we are seeing of the stands of Tynecastle would anyone like to see more maroon on the stands or are they happy with the white dominating?

Just a little bit of preference maybe.

I'm just putting this out there giving the photos we are seeing of the stands of Tynecastle would anyone like to see more maroon on the stands or are they happy with the white dominating?

Just a little bit of preference maybe.

I'd like the stand walls to be coloured maroon. It'll bring walls in, and if the pylons got a lick of white paint it'd look good.

Buffalo Bill

I'd like the stand walls to be coloured maroon. It'll bring walls in, and if the pylons got a lick of white paint it'd look good.

I'm with him^^^^^

jamboinglasgow

So with the facebook page gone. Is anyone else going to step up to the plate to provide photographic updates? The last photographs I have seen taken were from last Tuesday.

So with the facebook page gone. Is anyone else going to step up to the plate to provide photographic updates? The last photographs I have seen taken were from last Tuesday.

Quite tricky to get photos now as it's a closed site. Need your phone on a high stick to get it over the fence, then there's the legalities of doing that...

A good vantage point would be the stairwell windows of the nearby tenements

The Facebook page that's gone was actually the second one. Someone else made one and there's links here somewhere. It's called pretty much the same as the one that was closed.

But from the recent posts on here I gather nothing particularly interesting or different is happening at the moment.

Edit: Yeah, the original Facebook group is called "Hearts main stand photo group".

Edited by JamboJen

Ferryjambo99

Quite tricky to get photos now as it's a closed site. Need your phone on a high stick to get it over the fence, then there's the legalities of doing that...

A good vantage point would be the stairwell windows of the nearby tenements

Need to enlist some school kids from across the road

I'm with him^^^^^

The scoreboard screens in the corners, if it happens this time around, would probably be where the Strongbow sign is.

Here's the walls coloured maroon compared to how it is right now:

017e4ee92d.png

017e5c55a1.png

Edited by kila

jamboinglasgow

The Facebook page that's gone was actually the second one. Someone else made one and there's links here somewhere. It's called pretty much the same as the one that was closed.

But from the recent posts on here I gather nothing particularly interesting or different is happening at the moment.

Edit: Yeah, the original Facebook group is called "Hearts main stand photo group".

already a member of that one, but it has no new info since the beginning of the month. 

I do think the club has been poor on updating fans on progress. I looked at Spurs stadium site for their new stadium, and they have about 5 webcams, regular photo updates, timelapse videos etc. Now I understand they have much more money so can afford to have all that, but it is not hard for say once a week the club post photos. Especially now they have boarded up around the club.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

already a member of that one, but it has no new info since the beginning of the month. 

I do think the club has been poor on updating fans on progress. I looked at Spurs stadium site for their new stadium, and they have about 5 webcams, regular photo updates, timelapse videos etc. Now I understand they have much more money so can afford to have all that, but it is not hard for say once a week the club post photos. Especially now they have boarded up around the club.

I think they will once visible progress kicks off with the frame going up etc.

They have a time lapse camera on the high school, but the only footage released so far was of the truss lift.

Edited by kila

davemclaren

I think they will once visible progress kicks off with the frame going up etc.

They have a time lapse camera on the high school, but the only footage released so far was of the truss lift.

When are they scheduled to start work on the frame?

siegementality

The scoreboard screens in the corners, if it happens this time around, would probably be where the Strongbow sign is.

017e4ee92d.png

017e5c55a1.png

The maroon walls are much better.

The maroon walls are much better.

Looks really good in maroon but maybe even better would be covering the corner walls solidly with life-size match-day group type photos of all the FOH supporters. If done properly and reproduced on a long lasting surface it would look like part of the crowd. That wouldmight have been a better way of thanking them all for their generosity than the "name" strip.

Looks really good in maroon but maybe even better would be covering the corner walls solidly with life-size match-day group type photos of all the FOH supporters. If done properly and reproduced on a long lasting surface it would look like part of the crowd. That wouldmight have been a better way of thanking them all for their generosity than the "name" strip.

Just reminded me , I never got notofication of this photo being held with the FOH hearts top on .

Was a wee bit pissed off .

John Gentleman

017e4ee92d.png

017e5c55a1.png

Is the Oirish flag in the top LH corner a pisstake or a mistake?